• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Am I the only one that thinks it actually looks a little bit worse that today of all days is the day that an EA game (a company with a very good relationship with MS) goes from completely broken to working on PS4?

I mean, it could be coincidence, but man alive does it look fishy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As a FB Dev said before, the servers are the same for all platforms.

I finally got into a game of Conquest but encountered a sound bug where I couldn't hear anything but my soldier's voice and footsteps.
That bug has been in BF since BFBC2.

Probably management focusing on introducing yet another clusterfuck when the Xbox One version got launched. The primary focus could have been resolving server side issues before working on client patches.

Edit: This would also explain why the timing for the client software patch was communicated as next week.

Alienous

Am I the only one that thinks it actually looks a little bit worse that today of all days is the day that an EA game (a company with a very good relationship with MS) goes from completely broken to working on PS4?

One week, which is the amount of time since the PS4 launch, probably has other significance.

Good to hear conquest is finally up and running. The other modes, albeit flakey at best, kept me occupied. Rush and obliteration are both a lot of fun. Shame on them for shipping trash, but the underlying game is a howl.

Soktos

Had to try this morning before work. Jumped in first try to a 32v32 Conquest match, and it worked great.

Very excited. Hopefully the client side patch next week will clear up any remaining issues.

Xater

So it sounds like the MP works now? If the patch next week fixes the other issues I will probably feel less bad about having to wait for my PS4.

Strider

I just played a round of conquest. Only problem I had was when I first entered a vehicle I lost all sound for a few seconds.

Will definitely get back on this afternoon

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
wow EA... I'm really at a loss for words about the timing of all of this. Intentionally turning off the primary core feature of one of your flagship games until your precious sugar daddy launches it's console.

I think it's guaranteed there will be a threepeat as worst company in the world...
It is so blatantly obvious. Unreal.

In other news, we should play, Vis

wow EA... I'm really at a loss for words about the timing of all of this. Intentionally turning off the primary core feature of one of your flagship games until your precious sugar daddy launches it's console.

I think it's guaranteed there will be a threepeat as worst company in the world...

This is just about as shitty a business practice as you can do. Fuck EA man--scum of the video game world.

AmyS

So I tried connecting through the actual PS4 game server browser this time rather than using Battlelog on my laptop to do that. It seems to work much better today.

I will continue to see how well connecting via just the PS4 works.

With that said, I'll still always be using the laptop for Battlescreen cause having a full sized map on a 2nd screen is absolutely awesome for me in helping me navigate and getting an overall picture of what's going on while i'm playing on the much larger HDTV.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson

I think its more than fishy. They didn't even cobble up an announcement saying it was fixed on PS4. It magically cured itself on Bone Day

Smo21

Not a multiplayer issue but I bought this with the $10 upgrade and its raking forever to install the multiplayer. Been an hour and its only at 43%.

IMACOMPUTA

Just tried conquest. Got in right away to a 64 player match. Played 4 maps before it crashed. That's a record!
And it was a blast.

But for some reason it didn't record my gameplay :/ did they turn this off or something? Ive recorded before...

Also, the server browser servers are still all empty. I can join them and Theyre empty.

Steel

Banned
what's wrong with voice chat? worked the entire time for me since launch-

Same. Unless he means a game wide voice lobby, in which case you'd have to take that up with EA's design decision. Barely anyone talks in game chat it seems, and the people who have their Mic's on generally have music blaring in the background.

Got tired of this. Amazon shipped me a second copy when I complained, so I took it to Wal-Mart and swapped it for Assassins creed, and swapped my used copy at gamestop for Forza 5.

I've still got BF4 on the PC.... but man... it's soo broken on the PS4. Funny that the sound glitch from the PS4 is also on the PC version.

Mahonay

Banned
Played a bunch of rounds of Domination last night with some friends. Got tired of waiting for the other servers to be patched next week.

The Domination servers at least were running extremely smoothly. It was nice to get in some time with different weapons and level up some classes. Game feels REALLY good on the PS4 when it's not crumbling apart due to server problems.

Looking forward to playing more Rush after the patch, and hopefully maybe someday some god damn Conquest.

EDIT:
Should have read the other posts today. Can't wait to see if this shit works tonight. I'll be on all night if so.

Strider

I've played about 4 conquest matches now and then the game crashed... so progress at least.

Conquest itself is nuts but a ton of fun. It's weird at first getting used to so many people because you can literally be shot from any direction at any time. I had to slow down a little bit.

The game mode I've been playing up until now was domination, and conquest doesn't run as smooth as that. I'm not that great at identifying these kind of things but to me it felt like there were some framerate drops and the hit detection was slightly off. With that being said it wasn't anything horrible and it should only get better as the servers improve.

When everything settles BF4 is gonna be very fun to play.

Top Bottom