• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Lakitu

st5fu
Won't be touching Obliteration until they either remove the timer or at least bump it up to 40 mins. 45 mins to an hour is the sweet spot for Battlefield games. 20 minutes is just sucking up all the fun from it, such a shame. Also, timers on Conquest are completely pointless, the tickets bleed, that's our timer.

Grimsen

Tonight's the moment of truth for my copy of BF4. I'm going to play for a couple of hours, and if it's still borked, I'm cutting my losses and trading it in.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Where did this "timer" rumor originate from and is there actual evidence to support it?

If true, which I hope isn't, that sucks.

Seems 64 player servers are working, but I can't find a Rush game. Odd. Will try again later.

Desaan

I'm not sitting around for 40mins whilst everyone tries to get in the same squad on the same server for the game to inevitably dc/crash/fuck up.

So the general consensus is if you want to play multiplayer with friends, buy COD:Ghosts?

The only thing that really has been irritating me is the sound bug. Makes the game almost unplayable for me when it pops up. Hopefully this gets ironed out soon.

Bizazedo

I'm not sitting around for 40mins whilst everyone tries to get in the same squad on the same server for the game to inevitably dc/crash/fuck up.

So the general consensus is if you want to play multiplayer with friends, buy COD:Ghosts?
Even with the crashes I prefer Battlefield over call of duty.

How do you guys play with friends?

It'll pop up in the multiplayer menu when they're in a game and you can click their name to join them if it's not full (usually is) then hope you're put on the same team (you won't be) then try to switch teams (auto balance issues or round will be to close to over) then try to figure out a squad that's got enough empty slots for all of you. (then one of you gets a CE error and you start the cycle over)

USC-fan

Banned
How do you guys play with friends?

I start a party chat. Then find a game server we want to play that is about 80%-90% full. i join, then my friend will join from the party menu. Works 95% of the time for us. Once you get in the same squad it doesnt split you up after that.

I still do not understand why bf doesnt support more clan/friend features.

Got the PS4 patch today, still crashing during multiplayer games.
I'm going to try the single player campaign now.
If I get another corrupt save bug playing the campaign and lose my progress, I'm returning this game.

todd360

Want to buy premium. I physically can not buy it though. Not when there is no party system and the game is still filled with game crashing bugs. Hell the app doesn't even fit my nexus 7 2013 screen properly.

If I get another corrupt save bug playing the campaign and lose my progress, I'm returning this game.

I'm really wondering if you have a corrupt save if you'll always have problems until you delete it. In terms of crashing there's people who play for 3-4 hours at a time with no issues and others that seem to crash constantly

The only thing worse than snipers in Battlefield are the people who play them.

They contribute nothing to the actual game in Conquest and just take up space thinking they are godlike badasses by shooting one person every few minutes.

I play my Recon super aggressively. Spot grenades and C4, with usually a DMR or Carbine. I earned all the sniper rifles by doing TDM and using the Barrett map power-pickups. I understand the frustration, but a good aggressive Recon could be great.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I play my Recon super aggressively. Spot grenades and C4, with usually a DMR or Carbine. I earned all the sniper rifles by doing TDM and using the Barrett map power-pickups. I understand the frustration, but a good aggressive Recon could be great.

You are an extreme exception to the rule. I applaud your recon efforts, but your class still must be abolished!

Pop

Tonight's the moment of truth for my copy of BF4. I'm going to play for a couple of hours, and if it's still borked, I'm cutting my losses and trading it in.

I have been playing for a couple of hours now and all is fine. I haven't been able to play since launch due to the problems in Bf4. Now everything seems great. After the update today, 64 player Conquest has been wonderful. No slow downs or lag for me.

Edit: It's been 3 hours now and no crashes or lag.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was playing earlier today and had one crash but it was as I was quitting out so it wasn't a big deal. Things are pretty stable now, still a bit buggy but it's no longer unplayable. Really impressed with the framerate. It's 60fps almost all the time, I've only even noticed drops a couple times and they were brief when a ton of stuff was happening.

USC-fan

Banned
Is there a new patch out today or you talking about the patch from last week?

I was playing earlier today and had one crash but it was as I was quitting out so it wasn't a big deal. Things are pretty stable now, still a bit buggy but it's no longer unplayable. Really impressed with the framerate. It's 60fps almost all the time, I've only even noticed drops a couple times and they were brief when a ton of stuff was happening.
Yeah it been a lot better in game. I only crash after the match is finished.

It so fun so its worth the trouble. Any deals for premium on BF?

majik13

It'll pop up in the multiplayer menu when they're in a game and you can click their name to join them if it's not full (usually is) then hope you're put on the same team (you won't be) then try to switch teams (auto balance issues or round will be to close to over) then try to figure out a squad that's got enough empty slots for all of you. (then one of you gets a CE error and you start the cycle over)

you can make your own squad. Once you leave a squad, then the option to make a new squad appears. took us forever to figure that out.

it is also lame that the list of servers your friends are in, doesnt actually say who is in what server. just that you have a friend in that server.

The only thing worse than snipers in Battlefield are the people who play them.

They contribute nothing to the actual game in Conquest and just take up space thinking they are godlike badasses by shooting one person every few minutes.

The worst is when you join a squad and not realize it's got snipers in it and then spawn on one who is 100 miles away from everything sitting in a bush doing absolutely nothing. The first thing I do now when joining a server is check my squad to see if there are any snipers in it. If there are, I join a new squad.

I really wish they would have done something about them by now... either by restricting the number of sniper classes allowed on the server. Or, better yet, removing them entirely from conquest and making a sniper-only game mode where they can play l33t f34rs0m3s with each other in their own little world.

Oh look another Recon/ Sniper basher, how original.

Just because you're incapable of comprehending the unique utility of the class doesn't make it bad. Indeed the class attracts a certain type of player, but don't discredit other players who enjoy the challenge and are skilled enough to understand and utilize the full range of function the class offers.

Bad players will be bad regardless of which class they choose.

you can make your own squad. Once you leave a squad, then the option to make a new squad appears. took us forever to figure that out.

it is also lame that the list of servers your friends are in, doesnt actually say who is in what server. just that you have a friend in that server.

and it's doubly crazy because if you check the friends in the Battlelog menu it shows which friend is playing what map

jsip

Banned
So the hotfix last week worked the commander mode bug. Today's patch makes it so I can't join most games due to a commander mode bug.

Pastry

Banned
I always crash in Conquest on Operation Locker. Always. Once that flag with the big circular tower is captured and those hallways became a chokepoint I crash, like immediately. Which sucks because that's the perfect place to grind ammo and health packs.

USC-fan

Banned
I always crash in Conquest on Operation Locker. Always. Once that flag with the big circular tower is captured and those hallways became a chokepoint I crash, like immediately. Which sucks because that's the perfect place to grind ammo and health packs.
Yes that is my favorite map by far.

FaintDeftone

I finally popped the disc in since launch day and gave it another try due to the patch. I can play Conquest now but it crashes as soon as I exit the match from the results screen. This is getting to be beyond outrageous...

Mayyhem

Why in the world would DICE design the game to exclude party support?

Whats the reasoning here? Have they shared it?

I would like this know this as well. It completely boggles my mind why they would choose this terrible design (or lack thereof). It is such a shame, since its such an incredible game to play with friends and the experience is being infinitely held back by how inconvenient it is to actually party up and play games together.

Shadybiz

I would like this know this as well. It completely boggles my mind why they would choose this terrible design (or lack thereof). It is such a shame, since its such an incredible game to play with friends and the experience is being infinitely held back by how inconvenient it is to actually party up and play games together.

"Coming soon to Battlefield 4, our streamlined Party feature! This is a new feature that we're all very excited about, and it's exclusively for 'Premium Plus' members!!!"

kidding of course...sorta.

Probably to prevent pub stomping. I've seen plenty of BF3 matches become so lopsided that there's no point playing once you join a match and see the current scoreboard. Theyll probably put it back once they release the rent-a-server service.

Feeroper

Wow, I really like this game but these issues are so fucking annoying! But the game is so good.

Does anyone know if the Xbox One version is having these issues or a similar set of its own problems? If I recall correctly the PC version also had/has issues as well?

Downloaded the update in the morning and just put in the game a few minutes ago. Finished one match of Conquest and the game crashed when it was loading the next.

Fuck this game.

Abounder

Banned
Wow, I really like this game but these issues are so fucking annoying! But the game is so good.

Does anyone know if the Xbox One version is having these issues or a similar set of its own problems? If I recall correctly the PC version also had/has issues as well?

XB1 crashes but the rubber banding is more prevalent in the PS4

Grimsen

Played for a bit more than two hours toniht, and no crashes. All random Conquest servers.

One had bad lag, but the rest were OK. One thing I noticed, though, is that the soldier info in the game's main menus was not up-to-date with my latest XP and unlocks. I had to join a multi game and it unlocked all over again right away. Weird.

The game passed the test, though. It didn't get returned with my copies of Knack and Killzone.

ohNOitsRO

AWESOME EA! Get to the second to last mission in Campaign and you fucking corrupt my shit FOR THE FUCKING THIRD TIME...

I told myself I would wait until your halfassed patched and I did, and guess what - You shitty developers didn't fix shit because a corrupt save file should NEVER fucking happen in a game released to the general masses at $60

Today's the first day for me where checking out Battlelog didn't crash the game out to the PS4 home screen. I guess that's an improvement.

I'm still getting the dropped audio bug combined with rubberbanding every 4 or so matches of Conquest, which makes things a bit challenging, but things do seem to be slightly more stable (for me).

njean777

Game is still crashing, if this game wasn't so fun I would have given up on it. At this point though it is ridiculous that Dice still hasn't fixed this, this game should have never came out in this condition. I cannot even play the SP for the MP gun unlocks due to the save bug. WTF is wrong with EA and Dice for thinking this game was ready for consumers?

M_A_C

No crashes for me tonight yet. The performance boost is noticeable too. Much more consistent 60 fps on 64 man conquest.

Managed to complete the campaign with no corruption, so there's that.
However, the game still crashes way too often. Crashed twice during the campaign and twice during MP last night. Really frustrating when you're playing a good round.

Top Bottom