• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

This game is almost unplayable after the patch for me. Games don't load, immediate crashes at the start of a game, rubberbanding, etc.... At least for me the patches seem to mess up the game more than before the patch.

agallor6

Neo Member
This game is almost unplayable after the patch for me. Games don't load, immediate crashes at the start of a game, rubberbanding, etc.... At least for me the patches seem to mess up the game more than before the patch.

I mostly agree with you on this. After the patch rubber-banding is horrible while playing conquest when before it wasn't an issue at all. I don't get why they didn't address the lack of sound on some maps. Finally wth at least toss in a squad option to play with friends

One thing I noticed last night, and I am not sure if this is related to online issues, is sound coming through the controller when I play online. it would just cut out and I know its not my headphones.

taylor910

It'll pop up in the multiplayer menu when they're in a game and you can click their name to join them if it's not full (usually is) then hope you're put on the same team (you won't be) then try to switch teams (auto balance issues or round will be to close to over) then try to figure out a squad that's got enough empty slots for all of you. (then one of you gets a CE error and you start the cycle over)

it's funny, because, it's so true, hence, funny

MMaRsu

Fucking hell I really want to pick this up but it's a sad state of affairs Dice is shitting this release up to the maximum.

Why can we not get consumer organizations informed about this product blatantly not working and almost no response from DICE?

If the single player doesn't work, and the multiplayer doesn't work then how the FUCK can they sell this shit in stores and actually get away with it?

I mean gamers supposed to have a bigger voice in all this, let them know we aren't going to stand for this fucking bullshit.

Problem is, next to Killzone what other PS4 game do I buy :/. Certainly not Knack ( looks to short and uninteresting for 60 euro's ), AC4 ( played this a bit on PS3 and while it's cool it's not worth 60 to start again at 1080p. ) or NFS Rivals ( the PS3 game sucks, and while the PS4 version is probably better, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit seem like the better games )......

BZrnmpzCYAMi0zc.jpg

Frances, Lead QA, @FrancesBlaxell "Working with the brightest developers. WIN!” #onlyatDICE

Yeah seems like some great Q&A Frances :/ :/ :/.

I was actually able to play a few rounds with a friend last night so it seems like there has been some improvement for me....

But goddamn, why is it that with every iteration of BF it gets harder and harder to play with friends? Why the FUCK did they take out the squad join option before a match? and why the fuck cant I go on to my in-game friends list and join from there?

Overall the UI is complete shit.

-Why cant I customize my soldier BEFORE I join a match?

-Why is it such a cluster fuck to customize your soldier when it was so easy in BF3?

-Why is the server browser completely busted?

The hardest pill to swallow is that, knowing DICE and EA....most of these problems will probably never be fixed.

The simplest answer to this kind of thing is just simply NOT buy the game. Unfortunately so many of us already have, it's hard to send that message now.

If we're smart, we'll remember this for BF5 (or whatever game it is). I know I'll think very hard before giving any more money to a DICE-developed game.

It's very simple - if we keep buying, they'll keep doing the same thing. They have no reason not to.

93xfan

Banned
Yeah, why do we have to stare at a loading screen when we could be customizing our soldiers. I just don't get design issues like that.

MMaRsu

The simplest answer to this kind of thing is just simply NOT buy the game. Unfortunately so many of us already have, it's hard to send that message now.

If we're smart, we'll remember this for BF5 (or whatever game it is). I know I'll think very hard before giving any more money to a DICE-developed game.

It's very simple - if we keep buying, they'll keep doing the same thing. They have no reason not to.

Sadly this is one game I want to buy, because in the past I've had such fun times with BF. And I would love to play 64 player conquest ( at or near 60fps ).

I cannot forgive them for all the shit that's going on with this game though. Do we put the blame on EA or Dice? Knowing EA Dice had to meet some kind of deadline, and after that it just had to be shipped but goddamn DICE let the people know wtf you are doing in that office.

I wonder if DICE employees read this forum.

Codiox

I was actually able to play a few rounds with a friend last night so it seems like there has been some improvement for me....

But goddamn, why is it that with every iteration of BF it gets harder and harder to play with friends? Why the FUCK did they take out the squad join option before a match? and why the fuck cant I go on to my in-game friends list and join from there?

Overall the UI is complete shit.

-Why is it such a cluster fuck to customize your soldier when it was so easy in BF3?

-Why is the server browser completely busted?

The hardest pill to swallow is that, knowing DICE and EA....most of these problems will probably never be fixed.

sooo much this. i thought i am blind but there really is NO way to customize your goddamn solder before a match....

Definity

The patch on PS4 didn't do much for me. Played 3 hours last night and crashed about 5 times with a blue screen, locked up once after accepting a revive and locked up again while looking at battlelog.

I can't get any more responses out of Peter Moore on twitter since he said the game didn't have any issues. I did get a response from customer relations after I opened up a case with the better business bureau but it was pretty much a standard response.

Looks like the only voice the gamers have in all of this is to simply not buy any future DICE games. Frustrating as hell.

EDIT:

Also, why is so hard to play with friends? The game is focused on team work but it's literally a pain in the f'n ass to get your buddies in the same server and then on the same team/squad.

Bailers

I mostly agree with you on this. After the patch rubber-banding is horrible while playing conquest when before it wasn't an issue at all. I don't get why they didn't address the lack of sound on some maps. Finally wth at least toss in a squad option to play with friends

I have the rubber banding too. You can get into conquest? I still can't.

It might be EA's fault that DICE was forced to put the game out too early, but right now it's definitely DICE's fault that we're not hearing much of anything about what they plan to do about it.

Dave_6

15 mins into a ~64 player Conquest match last night, had approx 4000 points then bam, kicked out to the UI with that fucking error message :/

dkeane

sooo much this. i thought i am blind but there really is NO way to customize your goddamn solder before a match....
The only way is to use the iPad app or use your laptop. It's so insane.
I will say having a laptop open with the entire map showing is pretty sweet.

you can make your own squad. Once you leave a squad, then the option to make a new squad appears. took us forever to figure that out.

it is also lame that the list of servers your friends are in, doesnt actually say who is in what server. just that you have a friend in that server.

THIS. This drives me absolutely mad!

Oh for people worried, I'm pretty sure you keep your points when you crash. If you crashed while still alive, then you lose those points you obtained while alive.

Requiem

Anyone run into this revive bug where you get revived when you are selecting your spawn point but you can't accept/decline the revive? You just sit there and you're able to be killed again but it just sits there at the death screen and the only way to get out of it is to quit the server....

It's ridiculously annoying

Skenzin

Banned
I'm finding the TDM playable and fun. Have only gotten crashes a few times. I'm hearing from friends that own both consoles the Bone edition plays a lot smoother online, especially 64player conquest.. Very frsutrating! Add to that I keep getting NAT errors in party chat (thanks sony). Lots of work to do if they want this to be a top tier service.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone run into this revive bug where you get revived when you are selecting your spawn point but you can't accept/decline the revive? You just sit there and you're able to be killed again but it just sits there at the death screen and the only way to get out of it is to quit the server....

It's ridiculously annoying
That bug was in BFBC2!

So whats the deal with the Join Squad feature? You cant longer join a friend like in BF3?

In all my years of playing console games, I have never seen a game crash this much. I'm probably just going to stop buying EA games.
Man i thought it got better in the last week :(
DICEY PLS

Cudder

What is rubberbanding?

I thought it was a term used to describe AI in single player games that automatically "gets better" if they're losing to keep the match/game close. I'm at a loss as to why people are saying the online portion of this game has rubberbanding. How does that work?

Fonz72

I've had multiple crashes since the damn patch! The bug from the beta where it sits at a blank screen with a blinking cursor instead of loading the match is back! WOO FUCKING HOO!

Also, keep my shitty K/D stats if I quit a match, but if it's good and the game crashes FUCK YOU GONE!

FUCK OFF DICE

Vooduu

Problem is, next to Killzone what other PS4 game do I buy :/. Certainly not Knack ( looks to short and uninteresting for 60 euro's ), AC4 ( played this a bit on PS3 and while it's cool it's not worth 60 to start again at 1080p. ) or NFS Rivals ( the PS3 game sucks, and while the PS4 version is probably better, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit seem like the better games )......

You know it's a $10 upgrade to ps4 if you have the PS3 version right?

Tayaya

I know it's not much of a consolation, but you CAN customize your soldier in the Test Range. I usually do that if I got a bunch of unlocks and have a lot of fiddling to do. Changing 1-2 things mid-battle isn't too big of a deal.

My biggest issue is that customizing your soldier from the main menu AND a working party system were both things we had as options in BF3..... there is little to no reason they couldn't have recycled most of the code to make those two things work.

Tayaya

NFS Rivals ( the PS3 game sucks, and while the PS4 version is probably better, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit seem like the better games )......

Rivals is fun for what it is, though as the sole driving game available for the PS4 at launch I guess it didn't have to do much.

You are correct in assuming that Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted are better games. They both really are.

Rivals is like a cross between the two - the racing feels like HP which is a good thing, but it's open world instead of structured events. The problem I have is that Most Wanted had a much better world to drive around. Rivals' roads all feel the same with the exception of the interstate. Even the city part of the map is just made up of a couple of curvy roads - no blocks to prowl around and hide in waiting for speeders or to try and ditch cops in with your 90 degree turning prowess.

Like the rest of the launch lineup for the next-gen consoles, it feels like a rush job. It's still god and it's still fun to play, but you just know that more time in the cooker could have resulted in a better game. There are good IDEAS here, they just aren't very well-realized.

Also how do you get open nat on PS4? I cant find any port information to forward.

You'd want to forward TDP: 80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, 10070-10080

And UDP: 3478-3479, 3658, 10070

Im NAT type 2. ps4 is in the DMZ.

Type 2 is as good as it gets if you're behind a router. The only way to get Type 1 AFAIK is to plug directly into your modem. Are you sure it's you who's having the problem and not the persons you're trying to chat with?

jsip

Banned
Fix all tech issues.
Implement party system that WORKS.
Allow editing loadout before matches and during post-game wrap up.
Allow tag editing in-game and not just the website.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

You know, EA, things like STANDARD FUNCTIONALITY IN 2013.

Rubberbanding? Wtf is that? This isn't a racer. BTW when does the double XP start?

Boss Man

It would be cool if they added the ability to do private servers too, since the game can never really be competitive without it. With BF3 didn't they charge for this? Kind of ridiculous how they're holding themselves back with this. Without the competitive scene you're putting an unnecessary ceiling on the game's community.

GodofWine

Im NAT type 2. ps4 is in the DMZ.

Im exactly the same and find the game mostly fine...a rare crash now and again but its been very enjoyable for the past few days.

I think theres something going on in the ps4 OS that we have no clue about thats causing random bugs.

I bought the game knowing full well not to expect it to be "fine" for 6 months..its assumed with BF games now, so I cant complain, unfortunately.

Top Bottom