• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Fucking hell I really want to pick this up but it's a sad state of affairs Dice is shitting this release up to the maximum.

Why can we not get consumer organizations informed about this product blatantly not working and almost no response from DICE?

If the single player doesn't work, and the multiplayer doesn't work then how the FUCK can they sell this shit in stores and actually get away with it?

I mean gamers supposed to have a bigger voice in all this, let them know we aren't going to stand for this fucking bullshit.

Problem is, next to Killzone what other PS4 game do I buy :/. Certainly not Knack ( looks to short and uninteresting for 60 euro's ), AC4 ( played this a bit on PS3 and while it's cool it's not worth 60 to start again at 1080p. ) or NFS Rivals ( the PS3 game sucks, and while the PS4 version is probably better, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit seem like the better games )......

BZrnmpzCYAMi0zc.jpg

Yeah seems like some great Q&A Frances :/ :/ :/.

I wouldn't blame her. I'm sure they (EA) rushed the game out and made her life a nightmare.

I just hope EA calls in some ringers, sends them down to DICE and helps patch this game up enough that people stop complaining.

Me and a friend tried joining up into the same game for a few hours today. Either one of us would get booted or we would end up on opposite teams. It's damn near impossible to party up in the game.

Also the whole having to pump a whole clip of the Lsat into someone to kill them yet I die in two bullets thing is worse now.

Just curious; are the problems being reported in this that also in the Xbox one version of bf4?

I just got BF4 the other day so I haven't been following all the reported issues but I've been having quite a few since I started playing.

When it searches for a match sometimes it will just stop the matchmaking and go back to the main menu with no explanation

The game will hang on loading and/or black screens where I have no choice but to go to the dashboard and close the game.

The game has randomly crashed to the dashboard a number of times in the middle of multiplayer matches.

I haven't tried single player so I can't comment on that but at the very least the multiplayer portion of the game is extremely buggy and unstable. I've given up playing it for now.

I just got BF4 the other day so I haven't been following all the reported issues but I've been having quite a few since I started playing.

When it searches for a match sometimes it will just stop the matchmaking and go back to the main menu with no explanation

The game will hang on loading and/or black screens where I have no choice but to go to the dashboard and close the game.

The game has randomly crashed to the dashboard a number of times in the middle of multiplayer matches.

I haven't tried single player so I can't comment on that but at the very least the multiplayer portion of the game is extremely buggy and unstable. I've given up playing it for now.

This is just terrible. I was looking forward to this when I buy my ps4 after Christmas but this is just bad. I wanted to wait until things get fixed but it seems it's taking forever.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Here's some new punishment post-patch:

Whenever I decide to finally quit the game for the night, or the moment, it crashes and gives me an error code. All progress for the last completed match is lost.

Can't wait to see what new methods of torture await during fan appreciation week!

Here's some new punishment post-patch:

Whenever I decide to finally quit the game for the night, or the moment, it crashes and gives me an error code. All progress for the last completed match is lost.

Can't wait to see what new methods of torture await during fan appreciation week!

Sometimes it just takes awhile for it to appear in the battlelog. I've had this happen and it eventually shows up in your stats.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Sometimes it just takes awhile for it to appear in the battlelog. I've had this happen and it eventually shows up in your stats.

Only, when I sign back in and play the next round, I have to earn all those unlocks again. It isn't saving progress for me.

BTW, It's fun to pull up the PS4 error log, and see just a page of BF4 disconnects.

a916

The longer the fix takes, the more blame I shift towards DICE and not EA. This game has been out for a full month. This game went gold somehow 2 months ago. We're not entering 3 month territory.

It's. still. broken. We're talking system wide crashes across all platforms.

EA knew it wanted to hit in October, DICE knew this a long while back too, how they managed to miscalculate their product by 3 months of dev time I'll never know.

The fact that this game should've been pushed back to January tells you just how far off DICE was to hitting EA's target. DICE probably had no choice, but they definitely should've scaled their efforts to make the damn thing work in the first place. Not to mention DICE's already suspect track record at delivering a functional game...

Steel

Banned
Btw, save corruption is still happening. My friend had his save become unusable, he didn't get a corrupt file prompt though. And damn if I'm not getting d/ced from every game before the end since that patch. What is with this fail?

Edit:
been crashing more; didn't even see an update. dafuq ?

There was a 600 mb one. It downloads in the background.

Btw, save corruption is still happening. My friend had his save become unusable, he didn't get a corrupt file prompt though. And damn if I'm not getting d/ced from every game before the end since that patch. What is with this fail?

I suggest a USB stick back-up of your save file. i've been doing it every now and again on PS4.

not sure if you can mange save files on XB1 tho

Pop

You guys are scaring me to not purchasing this game. A part of me wants to risk it but a part of me wants to get Lego Marvel. ( I have KZ. Ac4. Injustice) :(

I would save your money right now. BF4 is still a huge mess. I'm still pissed from earlier, losing 40 mins of gametime because of crashes.

Still getting errors. Seems to happen a lot more if I do Operation Locker Conquest Large since it is a giant clusterfuck. Operation Metro 2.0 written all over it

NeoUltima

Nice to see I can finally join conquest games. But its still basically unplayable. Most of the sound effects cut in and out and it has absolutely terrible lag. The other modes are ok, but conquest is just atrocious.

Snowballo

Following the thead I don't get one point.

Buying a PS4 today, do you suggest to buy BF4? I'm talking about Multiplayer, I'm not interested in Single player at all (and I know it is shit)

Thanks!

Recall

Buying a PS4 today, do you suggest to buy BF4? I'm talking about Multiplayer, I'm not interested in Single player at all (and I know it is shit)

Thanks!

It is inconsistent and problematic. If you want a perfectly stable multiplayer experience then you may be disappointed.

It is working and as good as it has been at the moment, so fingers crossed it only gets better.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So is 64player conquest mode playable yet?

Might pick this or COD up later today depending if it's playable.

It is. I just played CQ Large on Zavod a few minutes ago. Sometimes there's rubber-banding though. Last night, played maybe 4-6 matches and got that CE error once.

Hope everything's sorted soon.

Thanks!

If you're familiar with BF's level of MP, then yes. When it works, it's fantastic. Hopefully, DICE can iron out the technical kinks before the year's done and everything should be gravy.

It's way more stable now (at least from what I've played) compared to previous weeks.

Does that give you some sort of unfair advantage?

It's an artifact of how server-authoritative games with client prediction work. What happens is this:

- server spawns you at position A_s0, informs client, which draws you at position A_s0 == A_c0
- client receives input from game pad that you are moving forward, client informs server, and in the meantime draws you at A_c1
- server simulates world authoritatively to put you at A_s1
- while the client waits for a reply from the server it continues to show your motion based on the input sampled, now you go and turn and move in another direction, putting you at A_c2
- meanwhile the server authoritatively simulates the world state and informs the client where it believes it is, A_s2
- client now draws you at A_c3, which is based on A_s2 plus additional sampling and prediction
- extend this idiom to the movement of the other players, with the client predicting where they will be before receiving authoritative information from the server about their position/orientation/actions, etc.

If the server is under significant load the time between the client and server being in sync gets larger and larger and the discontinuity in the client predicted and server authoritative state gets larger and larger, and you and the other players end up warping constantly as the client's prediction is corrected by the server's authoritative simulation.

Back to Thanksgiving!

Well I can finally play conquest just fine. All other modes have always worked for me but I couldn't connect to conquest servers until a few hours ago. I had to give my ps4 a static IP and put it on the DMZ mode. I find this strange since all other modes work and all my other ps4 games worked online before... Either way, as soon as I did that I played conquest for 5 hours just fine on lots of servers. I got the blue screen once so I guess they never fixed that and in conquest only I keep losing sound. wtf

Got this game at launch with my PS4 but haven't touched it. Not going to until I hear better things about performance. Was really hoping the patch fixed things but I guess not.

You're not going to get anywhere near best company in America this way, EA.

Got this game at launch with my PS4 but haven't touched it. Not going to until I hear better things about performance. Was really hoping the patch fixed things but I guess not.

You're not going to get anywhere near best company in America this way, EA.

But but you're missing double xp and except for the very random blue screen it works fine.

Top Bottom