• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

reKon

Banned
Haven't opened this game yet because I wanted to return it. I got this for the buy 2 get 1 free deal from Amazon at Launch time. Wanted to try to return it some place like Walmart because of my experience with EA always eventually having an ultimate pack for battlefield games that makes me regret purchasing it too early. After all these issues, I think that they it would be great if they went the GG route and gave us free multiplayer maps and modes so that the user base wouldn't be split up. Then again this is the money whoring company that is EA, which wouldn't allow DICE to even think of any sort of generous as they are one of the worst companies in America

jsip

Banned
So... Double XP week stacks with boosts. I dumped a 25% boost but that doubled, too. Instead of 125% I'm getting 150%. I will dump my 200% when my friends get on and I technically should be at 500% total.

CozMick

Banned
So gaf, is this a game problem or is my ps4 melting?

Bought my ps4 yesterday, played kz fine, played ghosts fine, played resogun fine, however during a round of conquest on paracel storm I spawned with artifacting coming from the antenna of the OP boat type thing. It went away within a few seconds and hasn't been seen
since....

It seemed network related as I was rubber banding, is this possible?

Should I be worried?

jsip

Banned

Bought my ps4 yesterday, played kz fine, played ghosts fine, played resogun fine, however during a round of conquest on paracel storm I spawned with artifacting coming from the antenna of the OP boat type thing. It went away within a few seconds and hasn't been seen
since....

Should I be worried?

Game bug I am assuming since every other game I have doesn't do this. I frequently get green flashing squares that look like checkered flags when on the spawn map after pressing X to designate a location. It's not jarring or anything but its weird. Seeing how many issues this game has it's not surprising.

Also, neither is the level design. In Siege of Shanghai, the main spectacle of the map is the giant building and the "LEVOLUTION (OMG)" that occurs when you take the base. Unfortunately, the bases are underground so if you are doing your job (as you should be), you will not get to witness it. It's absolutely idiotic that they did this as everyone is fighting in the basement of the mall and will not get to see it happen unless you slack off outside.

since....

Should I be worried?

do not be alarmed, I come in the name of the lord...but nah. shit like that happens when the servers are fucking up. i had a piece of the damn that broke floating in the sky for a couple seconds then the game kicked me out lol

Takuan

Highly regretting picking this game up. It's been in its wrapper for a week due to all the complaints I've been reading in this thread, and it's gone on sale since then on my FPS platform of choice (PC). Sounds like DICE has a huge problem on its hands. Hoping they'll figure things out sooner than later, because I'd really like to play this.

I've had zero connection issues in the last 3 days or so. The game is a ton of fun.
play it! I really do not have any issues lately. such a fun game
Did they release another patch today or something? Last thing I want is to wind up with a corrupt save file, would hate to lose time spent when NBA2K14 and COD are perfectly playable.

ThisOne

Highly regretting picking this game up. It's been in its wrapper for a week due to all the complaints I've been reading in this thread, and it's gone on sale since then on my FPS platform of choice (PC). Sounds like DICE has a huge problem on its hands. Hoping they'll figure things out sooner than later, because I'd really like to play this.

I've had zero connection issues in the last 3 days or so. The game is a ton of fun.

USC-fan

Banned
play it! I really do not have any issues lately. such a fun game

GodofWine

My experience so far: 2 crash in six hours full of bliss.

thats pretty much along the lines of what I see now, a meager annoyance that doesn't off set the fun.

I do however seem to suck at this game since it seems everyone is somehow a millions ranks ahead of me somehow...geez people...take a nap or something!!

Assuming they get the game 99% fixed, I really can see playing this for years and years...same with KZ Shadow fall...I just do not see what the hell could come out that would make me move on from these 2. I hope neither launches a follow up for 2 years.

Is premium worth it? I've never gone for dlc in an FPS before due to getting bored of them, but I like the multiplayer in this when it works

jsip

Banned
So does anyone else have their crosshair randomly disappear on respawn? When it does you dont get hit markers, either.

Occasionally on respawn audio will still be muffled as if in the BG until map reload.

Once the loadout selection appeared on my screen for no apparent reason while still alive and stayed there until I died. I was able to move, shoot, etc but I could not enter the options menu. Strange since you can't select a loadout while alive, only when dead. I also didnt die and get rezzed. It was at the beginning of a match starting in home base.

Some off the wall shit had been going down since the patch.

Ive had all of these issues before on BF3, too. The loadout menu was a huge fucking bug especially when you revived while trying to select a kit. My friends and I just say "Frostbite happened" whenever something goes awry. Been saying that phrase since BC2.

Anyone have any tips for those Slam things the engineer class has? Are they just like mines??? I noticed you can set them on walls. Do they require a separate explosion to detonate???

I'm kinda addicted to commander mode. Really easy to sit back and chill while I help my whole team. Racks up the points like crazy. With double xp and a 25% boost I was getting 20,000 xp games.

Won't be opening my PS4 until Christmas but I grabbed one of the BF4 Amazon codes anyway, I'm expecting all issues to be resolved by then. What about this party system I keep hearing about though, has DICE said anything about it cause it sounds terrible?

Steel

Banned
Won't be opening my PS4 until Christmas but I grabbed one of the BF4 Amazon codes anyway, I'm expecting all issues to be resolved by then. What about this party system I keep hearing about though, has DICE said anything about it cause it sounds terrible?

They said it was a design decision. Yeah. I know.

USC-fan

Banned
I

With ps4 party chat it's Really not hard to get into the same game together. Once together I haven't been put on different teams or squads.

zychi

Banned
anyone know how to logout of origin on the ps4 version of bf4? when the servers were all shitty last week I made a new account, i'd like to logout and go into my pc origin account so all my stats are on the same account

Fucking hell I really want to pick this up but it's a sad state of affairs Dice is shitting this release up to the maximum.

Why can we not get consumer organizations informed about this product blatantly not working and almost no response from DICE?

If the single player doesn't work, and the multiplayer doesn't work then how the FUCK can they sell this shit in stores and actually get away with it?

I mean gamers supposed to have a bigger voice in all this, let them know we aren't going to stand for this fucking bullshit.

Problem is, next to Killzone what other PS4 game do I buy :/. Certainly not Knack ( looks to short and uninteresting for 60 euro's ), AC4 ( played this a bit on PS3 and while it's cool it's not worth 60 to start again at 1080p. ) or NFS Rivals ( the PS3 game sucks, and while the PS4 version is probably better, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit seem like the better games )......

BZrnmpzCYAMi0zc.jpg

Yeah seems like some great Q&A Frances :/ :/ :/.

She can Q my A anytime.

/misogyny.

NotBacon

Wtf? I maybe get one crash a night, and hours of amazing play time. It's not going to burst your ps4 into flames, just buy the damn game and enjoy the glory of 64 player conquest.

CozMick

Banned
Game bug I am assuming since every other game I have doesn't do this. I frequently get green flashing squares that look like checkered flags when on the spawn map after pressing X to designate a location. It's not jarring or anything but its weird. Seeing how many issues this game has it's not surprising.

Also, neither is the level design. In Siege of Shanghai, the main spectacle of the map is the giant building and the "LEVOLUTION (OMG)" that occurs when you take the base. Unfortunately, the bases are underground so if you are doing your job (as you should be), you will not get to witness it. It's absolutely idiotic that they did this as everyone is fighting in the basement of the mall and will not get to see it happen unless you slack off outside.

do not be alarmed, I come in the name of the lord...but nah. shit like that happens when the servers are fucking up. i had a piece of the damn that broke floating in the sky for a couple seconds then the game kicked me out lol

You guys were right, I was able to replicate it multiple times tonight, pretty sure artifacts can't be replicated, certainly couldn't during my pc days.

Seems to be if the driver of the boat has high latency.

BibiMaghoo

So inviting someone to my squad from inside a match, consistently, every time, crashes my game.

The other player does not even receive the invite. This is garbage, and makes me want to play KZ instead. Which is not cool. They need to fix that shit.

Top Bottom