• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

blackflag

Wtf? I maybe get one crash a night, and hours of amazing play time. It's not going to burst your ps4 into flames, just buy the damn game and enjoy the glory of 64 player conquest.

Seriously, it's not that bad anymore. It's still unacceptable and they need to fix it but it's still the most fun I'm having gaming at the moment.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've been getting a bunch of "lost connection to session" errors since the new patch. Takes me at least 10 tries before finding a game. Am I alone in this?

Should I have had a China rising code in my box or is it just automatically applied?
I didnt get one either , Amazon shipped me a normal edition even though I ordered the limited edition. Spoke to amazon customer service and got told im being sent a code for china rising in an email within 48 hours....lets see if they actually do.

A few questions..

When you crash, does it save your points? Or do you lose all your work?

Also, on PS4 I get a crash to an error code then an option to send a report...is this a gane crash or my fault/router/etc..

Cyborg

I hate DICE. Bought BF as a launch game in Europe. Ive played 20 Conquest matches and I was 9 times diconnected, with an error. All my kills and achievments gone!

Fck your shitty product, DICE!

A few questions..

When you crash, does it save your points? Or do you lose all your work?

Also, on PS4 I get a crash to an error code then an option to send a report...is this a gane crash or my fault/router/etc..

Im getting the same error

Nizz

When I go to servers instead of quick match it still shows that servers are empty. Quick match is the only way that I get into games. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like in some maps the frames drop a bit. Like in that flooded map during Rush defending the m-com stations on top of the buildings the game's fps seemed to go to the 30s. I swear that map played butter smooth before, don't know what happened.

D6AMIA6N

Does anyone have an issue where sometimes the sound goes out? I am connected via optical. Basically if Battlefield crashes, it then affects the sound even on the PS dashboard. The only way I have been able to then fix the sound is to restart the PS4? Only happens with Battlefield. Also, it has again erased my single player game save even though I've not played single player in about a week. So many bugs.....

Cyborg

Does anyone have an issue where sometimes the sound goes out? I am connected via optical. Basically if Battlefield crashes, it then affects the sound even on the PS dashboard. The only way I have been able to then fix the sound is to restart the PS4? Only happens with Battlefield. Also, it has again erased my single player game save even though I've not played single player in about a week. So many bugs.....
Yes I have the same problem with the sound!

When I go to servers instead of quick match it still shows that servers are empty. Quick match is the only way that I get into games. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like in some maps the frames drop a bit. Like in that flooded map during Rush defending the m-com stations on top of the buildings the game's fps seemed to go to the 30s. I swear that map played butter smooth before, don't know what happened.

I have the same feeling. The fps dips realy low on top of the buildings.

Requiem

When searching the servers change your filters to '1-5 Open Slots'

Sojgat

In the dedicated server search filters, select 1-5, 1-10, or 1-15 free slots. If nothing is selected only unpopulated servers will be displayed. Why this is the default setting is beyond me.

Edit: Beaten

Conquest is the only game mode still a bit off, with some rubber banding and framerate issues. Other than that, hours and hours of fun with this game. It's not perfect yet, but BF3 had similar growing pains.

witness

Only issues I've had with multiplayer are maps not loading and the screen just staying black with the loading music on. Only happened two or three times. Other than that the multi has been perfect, butter smooth, never any crashes or d/c during a game. The game is such terrific fun, filled with those marketing cliche "Battlefield moments". Sorry to hear about people crashing out a lot, I would be infuriated as well.

My biggest problem is my save progress disappearing after I completed the first two missions of the game while it was still downloading. Went back to continue it and it was gone, I even downloaded my save from the cloud and nothing. Terribly upsetting.

I love the multi so much that I am considering whether to get Premium or a 4th game for my PS4 first.

The sound issue I get are moments during the game when all sound drops. Sometimes some sounds will stay like bullets or footsteps but sometimes zero sound for 10-15 seconds.

A lot of rubber banding at times, I stop moving for a few seconds when it happens due to a fear of crashing due to excessive banding...might be wrong to be honest.

But yeah, moments of no sound..rubberbanding..crashes 1 out of 3/4 games..and some PS4 crash code "ce979 etc.."

Just got this last night as people swore the instability issues were overblown.

Had four conquest matches and three crashes so far. Wonderful.

keezy

Anybody else having issues when upgrading your copy from PS3 to PS4? The campaign is installed but it's taking forever to install the entire game. I have the digital copy.

SOLDIER

I had a couple crashes in multiplayer, but nothing too drastic.

Where I AM having issues is with the singleplayer campaign. Twice now it hasn't saved my progress, forcing me to start over from the very first level twice now.

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Sometimes when I get on certain vehicles, the sound will glitch out then come back when I get out/off said vehicle.

agallor6

Neo Member
As of today BF4 PS4 still giving me the CE error now it happens in online play when it used to not, having random red blooming effect. At times I go to load a game and it sits on black screen have to restart the game. Lack of sound on some maps, rubberband lagg in some 64 player conquest maps. Two ps4 in my house so its not just me

As of today BF4 PS4 still giving me the CE error now it happens in online play when it used to not, having random red blooming effect. At times I go to load a game and it sits on black screen have to restart the game. Lack of sound on some maps, rubberband lagg in some 64 player conquest maps. Two ps4 in my house so its not just me

I got the CE twice yesterday, but I played like 6 hours. Not bad.

sith ewok

64 player conquest has worked from day one on XB1

Yep. I've been playing conquest on XB1 with no crashes at all. The only glitch I've run into in multiplayer is lost sound output when I was driving a tank last night. As soon as I got out of the tank, sound was back to normal.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I was under the impression that everything was downloaded and it was just "installing". I checked the downloads tab this AM and it said it finished downloading the game files.
On the main dashboard, highlight the game and hit the options button. Go to information and it'll give your download status.

I would honestly love to eavesdrop on the meetings and emails that must be going back between the companies right now. I suspect EA is pissed because of the issues, and I bet Dice is pissed they were pushed so hard for a release before the game was ready. On the other end, I bet Sony is quite upset because it looks terrible for the software to be having so many problems on their system, and not as many on Xbone or PC.

I had a couple crashes in multiplayer, but nothing too drastic.

Where I AM having issues is with the singleplayer campaign. Twice now it hasn't saved my progress, forcing me to start over from the very first level twice now.

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong here?

YEP COMMON PROB crash corrupting sp saves even from mp....

Nipo

I want to get into Battlefield but don't know where to start. Is there a BF4 mutiplayer for dummies or a youtube series I can watch to learn what the hell is going on?

I beat the campaign then joined a 64 player Conquest match and kept getting tickets for doing apparently nothing before getting killed by people I couldn't see. I spent most of the match just running around not sure what to do.

singleplayer progression is gone again. I didn't get an error, not even in MP.

it seems like playing MP is what erases the SP. I went through the entire campaign on tuesday/wednesday and it was fine until I played some MP yesterday.

Top Bottom