• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Moostache

I want to get into Battlefield but don't know where to start. Is there a BF4 mutiplayer for dummies or a youtube series I can watch to learn what the hell is going on?

I beat the campaign then joined a 64 player Conquest match and kept getting tickets for doing apparently nothing before getting killed by people I couldn't see. I spent most of the match just running around not sure what to do.

Look up "Test Range"...you can go there to practice the basics...its a MP map with no live opponents.

I want to get into Battlefield but don't know where to start. Is there a BF4 mutiplayer for dummies or a youtube series I can watch to learn what the hell is going on?

I beat the campaign then joined a 64 player Conquest match and kept getting tickets for doing apparently nothing before getting killed by people I couldn't see. I spent most of the match just running around not sure what to do.
capture the flags, kill enemies, and watch the mini map. throw down ammo if you are support or med kits if you are assault.

CAN I JUST FINISH ONE FUCKING MATCH DICE!? SONY? EA? Fuck these crashes man, I had a more enjoyable time with the fuckin PS3 version.

Spawn, run five feet, die from assault shooting in my back.
Spawn in helicopter. Crash into building a second later.
Spawn at command point, run five feet, shot in back by team of assaults.
Spawn at safe area. Run five minutes towards action, shot in the neck by creeping sniper from a hole in a building on the second floor.
Spawn on squadmate, run five feet, shot in back by engineer.
Spawn on squadmate in boat, explode.
Lose game, crash to OS.

Yeah.... no.

Its very pretty though, and runs smooth, when it runs.

KaiserBecks

Conquest is borderline unplayable. Lags, glitches and massive framedrops (rarely stable 60fps). Team Deathmatch, Obliteration and Domination however run great and look fantastic.
It's almost as if the game was running two different versions. If they don't fix this shit, this will be the last game by DICE I purchased new.
I play Battlefield for Conquest, if I wanted something on a smaller scale, I would've gotten Killzone. DICE really shouldn't have claimed this would be a 60fps game.

I play Battlefield for Conquest, if I wanted something on a smaller scale, I would've gotten Killzone. DICE really shouldn't have claimed this would be a 60fps game.
Well what surprises me is that Killzone is even farther from 60fps. I've been bouncing between both games, and BF4 runs much smoother than KZ's 24 player matches.

I'm enjoying Killzone a lot more though. Much less frustration.

This saddens me that the game is so broke reading through this thread. I got the Amazon deal for the PS3 version for $25 and going to use the voucher in the box to upgrade to the PS4 version. I don't have a PS4 yet so my question is can I just redeem the voucher on the PS3 store and then dled it to my console when I get my PS4?

Has DICE gave any ETA when a major patch is coming to fix these issues? I really hope it's sorted out by the time I get it.

Steel

Banned
singleplayer progression is gone again. I didn't get an error, not even in MP.

it seems like playing MP is what erases the SP. I went through the entire campaign on tuesday/wednesday and it was fine until I played some MP yesterday.

Nah my friend lost his campaign while playing the campaign. He lost it in the exact same manner you did(No error) and tried to load the cloud save, and the game didn't recognize it either. It's like the game doesn't associate the save file with the profile?

Ok I somehow managed to accidentally delete the patch for battlefield 4 from the download notifications screen. Now I can't find out how to download or get it back!! Is there a way to check the version number of the game to see if I actually have the patch still? And does anyone know how to redownload the patch if I've actually deleted it?

Apath

I keep having an issue where the game stays on a black screen indefinitely after displaying the loading screen images for a map. Like literally half my matches this happens and I need to restart Bf.

OryoN

So did the update fixed anything for anyone?(too many pages to read through). I stayed away from the thread for a while hoping to hear most issues were resolved when I come back, but the tone suggests there's still a vast amount of improvements needed. Is the game(mp) really as broken - on consoles - as it sounds? As a BF fan, this saddens me.

jsip

Banned
Look up "Test Range"...you can go there to practice the basics...its a MP map with no live opponents.
Test range really needs the ability to let your friends join. Especially for vehicle practice. A couple of planes flying around slowly in a circle is hardly preparation for a dogfight. It would be nice to get some 1v1 action happening in there.

jsip

Banned
So what is everyone's go-to gun? I kinda wanna know what weapon to work towards.
Carbines, the all-kit gun. Type-95B-1 is my go-to. It's the final unlock for the Carbines. With double XP week, your Boosts stack. Pop a 200% and you will be earning 500% on everything you do since the double XP applies to boosts, too. Unlocked every damn kit today and fully unlocked from G36 to Type-95B-1 in about 2 hours today. I want to say I got about 12 battle packs from leveling, too. Mad XP.

alright REAL TALK: revives (Defibulator) need to just fucking be disabled in TDM.

The shit always happens at the worst possible times, when you don't expect it, and before the threat that killed you in the first fucking place has been addressed. Almost nobody has the Defib equipped in TDM, so you're spamming X just to respawn as soon as the Deploy screen comes up... only for you to accidentally accept a revive initiated in the middle of a fucking firefight. Revives mine as well be free double-kills for the enemy. You revive with 20hp and often times no hp pack thrown your way to get into fighting shape faster, so you get to see if you can survive for about 20 seconds with low HP on a claustrophobic map with a bunch of enemy AR's and SR's hunting for kills. A stiff breeze kills you, so 1 bullet is often enough to finish the job...again.

Really, why is it in this mode? It's not like there's a long map to have to traverse if you have to redeploy like there would be on Rush or Conquest or similar gigantic maps. And it turns into a death for you and often the person doing the reviving 80% of the time. It hasn't been happening repeatedly, but when it happens it's just the most frustrating thing ever.

My latest glitch is I finally got an INRV scope in a Battlepack, but it won't show up on my gun unless I first throw out an ammo box.

It really amazes me how many bugs this game has. DICE and EA should be ashamed. I stick with it because I love the franchise, and when it's working it's a lot of fun, but I crash several times a night now before I eventually quit in disgust. If this were COD or MOH, I'd have already traded it in.

terrible

Banned
alright REAL TALK: revives (Defibulator) need to just fucking be disabled in TDM.

The shit always happens at the worst possible times, when you don't expect it, and before the threat that killed you in the first fucking place has been addressed. Almost nobody has the Defib equipped in TDM, so you're spamming X just to respawn as soon as the Deploy screen comes up... only for you to accidentally accept a revive initiated in the middle of a fucking firefight. Revives mine as well be free double-kills for the enemy. You revive with 20hp and often times no hp pack thrown your way to get into fighting shape faster, so you get to see if you can survive for about 20 seconds with low HP on a claustrophobic map with a bunch of enemy AR's and SR's hunting for kills. A stiff breeze kills you, so 1 bullet is often enough to finish the job...again.

Really, why is it in this mode? It's not like there's a long map to have to traverse if you have to redeploy like there would be on Rush or Conquest or similar gigantic maps. And it turns into a death for you and often the person doing the reviving 80% of the time. It hasn't been happening repeatedly, but when it happens it's just the most frustrating thing ever.

Defibs are more effective in TDM than any other mode I'd say. They can directly impact the score to a large degree. Charged defibs can bring guys back to 100% health too so that's not a problem if done right. What you're experiencing is simply bad random teammates. Play with some decent smart players and it's totally different.

I rarely get revived unless I'm playing with friends but in the rare occasion where I do I love it. I survive the majority of the time.

European here. I am addicted to the ps4 version of this game and I've only received errors twice. Otherwise, I've been skipping from 64 player conquest matches to rush without any problems.

I have two questions though:

1) Is there a way to customize classes outside of a game? In the options?

2) Does every gun and attachment have a medal attached to it now, and if so, how do I check its progression?

If I did have one problem with this game it's that certain customization and stat-checking features are pretty regressive.

Stick drive on consoles is dumb. Reversing in a straight line and turning on the spot are now both nearly impossible.

Not being able to adjust your load out outside of a game (short of using another device) is dumb.

Battlelog's 100 friend limit, and the fact that all of the "join on friend" stuff is reliant on it, means that I can't actually see all of my friends (139 right now) when they're playing BF4. That is dumb.

Why on Earth did DICE think these things were good ideas? Anyone with a brain can look at these things and immediately see how stupid they are. How did this stuff get into the game?

Stick drive on consoles is dumb. Reversing in a straight line and turning on the spot are now both nearly impossible.

Not being able to adjust your load out outside of a game (short of using another device) is dumb.

Battlelog's 100 friend limit, and the fact that all of the "join on friend" stuff is reliant on it, means that I can't actually see all of my friends (139 right now) when they're playing BF4. That is dumb.

Why on Earth did DICE think these things were good ideas? Anyone with a brain can look at these things and immediately see how stupid they are. How did this stuff get into the game?

Change to veteran layout

Spawn at safe area. Run five minutes towards action, shot in the neck by creeping sniper from a hole in a building on the second floor.
Lose game, crash to OS.

Yeah.... no.

And that ladies and gentleman......is Battlefield 4 in a nutshell. Well done!

I'm convinced the LMGs I've tried so far shoot blanks every other bullet.

It's weird how some people have tons of crashes and others don't. I've only black screened a few times over the past few days of playing on PS4

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Lose game, crash to OS.

Yeah.... no.

This literally made me LOL. Had this happen to me, too and it was annoying. No "Warning" sign but you still get shot at the second you spawn in. UGH!

So what is everyone's go-to gun? I kinda wanna know what weapon to work towards.

For Assault, I use the M416 with either the Kobra or Coyote sight. Carbines, which I use for all classes, I find the ACW works for small maps due to its high fire-rate and the SG36C overall for stability and for long ranges.

This saddens me that the game is so broke reading through this thread. I got the Amazon deal for the PS3 version for $25 and going to use the voucher in the box to upgrade to the PS4 version. I don't have a PS4 yet so my question is can I just redeem the voucher on the PS3 store and then dled it to my console when I get my PS4?

Has DICE gave any ETA when a major patch is coming to fix these issues? I really hope it's sorted out by the time I get it.

It generally works now. 64 player CQ has bugs but for the most part, you can play. CE errors aren't that common. I got it one time last night after a few hours of playing. :)

European here. I am addicted to the ps4 version of this game and I've only received errors twice. Otherwise, I've been skipping from 64 player conquest matches to rush without any problems.

I have two questions though:

1) Is there a way to customize classes outside of a game? In the options?

2) Does every gun and attachment have a medal attached to it now, and if so, how do I check its progression?

If I did have one problem with this game it's that certain customization and stat-checking features are pretty regressive.

1) No

2) Guns, I think yes, attachments no. Check Battlelog "weapons"

And yes, the UI, joining friends, and customization not being in the menus is just weird and a poor design choice. I guess they overestimated how much people would use Battlelog.

socialQ

Banned
I played a few minutes and couldn't kill another player and then noted that the match length was like an hour? so I quit.

:/

What does everyone have network smoothing set to? I had mine at the default 50% and had a hard time with my shot registering. I tried 0 and now I'm a killing machine. Haven't noticed any graphical glitches by having it set to 0, other than the ones that are always present.

Bought it about a week ago played quite a bit and i've only had one crash too the dash/xmb whatever you wanna call it. Playing Conquest 90% of the time, sucks too hear about other people still having issues.

The game has been running pretty well for me, only a couple of crashes in 10+ hours. I'm get the sound bugs quite a lot though, and some lag. I hope they iron out the issues soon.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
My experience with about 5 hours of play:

- No Crashes.
- Silky smooth framerates for the most part.
- Some framerate problems with 64 players (don't like the chaos anyway, so i'll only play smaller games.
- Can't find any 32 conquest games, which makes me very very said.

CozMick

Banned
When specifically selecting a region in the server browser why does it proceed to not find a server? Broken!

And literally every other game results in a blue screen when playing 64 conquest, Dice you guys fucking suck.

Alienous

How bad does the framerate get during 64 player Conquest?

Below 30fps? Shit, I don't know if I'll bother unwrapping my copy if that's the case.

Hopefully it's less 'Tablet CPU' and more patchable unoptmized development.

Below 30fps? Shit, I don't know if I'll bother unwrapping my copy if that's the case.

Hopefully it's less 'Tablet CPU' and more patchable unoptmized development.

It's CPU limited on my 2500k @ 4.8 on CQ64 with a 290x... so I'd say the consoles are going to be much worse off.

Below 30fps? Shit, I don't know if I'll bother unwrapping my copy if that's the case..

Yeah, it's bad enough to be distracting. There have been times when I've been wondering if the game runs below 30fps. DICE were full of shit when they were saying that this will run at steady 60 fps. Really disappointing. The game looks and runs great on smaller TDM maps though...

And I lost my single player campaign progress yesterday. Thanks DICE!

Raxious

Damn, I was about to buy BF Premium for the PS4, but the game is just horrible. Missing sound, graphical issues ( massive amounts of popup with textures etc. ) and just lag spikes all over the place.

Namikaze1

Anyone else having problems recording matches when using the share button? Back on Friday, I played a single match of Conquest where my squad and another squad spent well over ten minutes defending "D" point in that map where the ship crashes on land. Anyway, we were pulling off some crazy shit since we were being heavily attacked. After ten minutes of killing and reviving, avoiding mortars and a heli, we lost the place. I decided to save that video so I pressed the "Share" button. Today, I go to watch the video only to find it recorded the last 15 minutes of the campaign. I played two more rounds of Conquest to see if it was a one time thing. Nope. For the first round, it recorded the first 9 minutes and that was it. I was already 20 minutes into the round. In the second game, it recorded the last 12 minutes of the first game. I think I was nearly 7-8 minutes into the second game. This is the only game so far I'm having problem with when using the share button. And yes, I know of sound missing from recorded footage.

As for actual BF4 issues, the game still crashes for me. It doesn't crash as much as it did before the patch but it crashes every 6-7 rounds of Conquest. Other than this and the sharing issue, I'm having a great time with BF4. But yeah, the sharing issue needs to be fix pronto.

Alienous

Looking at footage, the Xbox One version doesn't seem to crash as much.

So hopefully DICE can fix a lot of the issues in the coming weeks and months.

McLovin

This is so weird, I haven't even had that many issues. Yesterday I finished the campaign got all 3 endings, went online a played through all the modes(I was trying to get that trophy for playing in all the modes sucks that the last two modes are stuck behind dlc :/ )I had no issues at all. I Think I crashed one, maybe two times this whole week.

Change to veteran layout

That's even worse: try turning your vehicle while using optics and firing at the same time (a pretty common scenario in any tank battle). You need to use the left stick, press up on the d-pad, and press L1 at the same time. Unless you have two thumbs on your left hand that simply isn't possible. It's a control scheme that I'm reasonably certain DICE never even bothered playtesting, they just added it to tick a box.

Milennia

Best overall in the game is deffinetly the M416.

My best guns are the ace 23,M416 and the ace52 CQB.

On topic - i still crash every other game of conquest, yet every other mode seems stable for me.

That's even worse: try turning your vehicle while using optics and firing at the same time (a pretty common scenario in any tank battle). You need to use the left stick, press up on the d-pad, and press L1 at the same time. Unless you have two thumbs on your left hand that simply isn't possible. It's a control scheme that I'm reasonably certain DICE never even bothered playtesting, they just added it to tick a box.
Optics are a toggle by default so you don't have to hold up.

Sojgat

Summary of P226 weapon balance in BF4:

Allied_24303b_53769.gif

Top Bottom