• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

This saddens me that the game is so broke reading through this thread. I got the Amazon deal for the PS3 version for $25 and going to use the voucher in the box to upgrade to the PS4 version. I don't have a PS4 yet so my question is can I just redeem the voucher on the PS3 store and then dled it to my console when I get my PS4?

Has DICE gave any ETA when a major patch is coming to fix these issues? I really hope it's sorted out by the time I get it.
Its not even close for me to being as bad as the cry Babies on here would have you believe. Conquest has lagging problems and the sound cuts out a lot on it but every other game mode works fine for the most part with occasional crashes. And are damn fun. Might be hard to win if you're a noob but everyone who played was a noob once and some over come and some quit. Just depends . I guess i shouldn't expect anything else from this thread but its really not that bad. If you're not a baby.

I'm feeling very lucky after reading this thread. Out of the 30 or so hours that' I've played I had only 2 crashes. Sound will screw up all the time though.

My experience playing the game on Friday:
BaaKxk4IgAA21t8.jpg

Ignore the top one, that was when Sony deactivated card redemption for a few hours.

I'm having a problem where my multiplayer isn't showing any of the servers my friends are on whatsoever. I have to go through the battle log to join a friend. I've tried deleting the game and reinstalling and it's still a problem. Any thoughts on what's happening?

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
I just lost my campaign progress.... I finished 3 levels yesterday. Now when I click on CAMPAIGN it starts from the start....

Its not even close for me to being as bad as the cry Babies on here would have you believe. Conquest has lagging problems and the sound cuts out a lot on it but every other game mode works fine for the most part with occasional crashes. And are damn fun. Might be hard to win if you're a noob but everyone who played was a noob once and some over come and some quit. Just depends . I guess i shouldn't expect anything else from this thread but its really not that bad. If you're not a baby.
3 out of my 8 matches Conquest matches crashed before ending. I am such a crybaby!

see5harp

Yup 3 out of 7 and 100% of games eventually get loss of sound effects. Yes cry babies. Double xp means nothing when you can't even finish a game. Fuck you Dice im glad I gameflyed this piece of shit. Laughing at people who have already paid $50 for map packs.

Yup 3 out of 7 and 100% of games eventually get loss of sound effects. Yes cry babies. Double xp means nothing when you can't even finish a game. Fuck you Dice im glad I gameflyed this piece of shit. Laughing at people who have already paid $50 for map packs.
Why would you laugh at them?

elcapitan

I must be one of the lucky few who could play without constant crashing. Then again, I mostly play in the middle of the night. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Played about four hours of conquest last night. Only one crash at the start and two minor instances of rubber banding. Same sound issues on certain levels only

meppi

3 out of my 8 matches Conquest matches crashed before ending. I am such a crybaby!

Tell me about it. I played 15 games of BF4 on Friday and was only able to finish 7 without crashing.
Why am I'm I so critical of DICE? I must just be a hater or a baby as well.
Such a shitty post you quoted. my, my.

Ljwinter

Banned
So this "blur/ 3D effect" that people blame on the commander's emp... I noticed it also happens when I'm in the menu editing my weapons as the match is starting. I think it's just an overall glitch in conquest. The game I was in didn't even have a commander on either team.

These crashes wouldn't bug me nearly as much if this game didnt have an absurd amount of unlocking to do and constantly have to lose a lot of XP from crashing.

see5harp

Don't get me wrong I've unlocked a ton of stuff with the double xp. It's just when it's already hard to get 4 or 5 guys on the same server, on the same team in the same squad, it becomes nearly impossible to enjoy oneself. It's like Dice want people to play this shitfest solo and complete the transformation.

This happened to me, too. I'm pretty much hating that I ever gave EA money for this shit.

Yeah i felt the same way, i've been sticking to just playing the smaller scale multiplayer matches and staying away from conquest and singe player for now. I almost hate how much fun i'm having because i want to be mad at Dice/EA for releasing the game in this state, plus no squads, but its just so damn good when it works.

I really think we need to make a bigger fuss about the lack of squads.

Milly79

Wouldn't go as far as cry babies, although I do agree with a lot of your post. It's pretty comical to read a lot of these responses.

I've had great luck the past couple of days, with no mp crashes, but an overall consistent rubberbanding issue on some of the more intense matches.

That being said, I can tell others are having more significant issues. There have been many times where people have got the jump on me with a close quarters weapon and I still pull out a kill with my M416. The new fps has helped my accuracy significantly though, as I was doing pretty mediocre on the PS3 with a DS4, but I feel almost overconfident now.

Banding makes flying very difficult, but I mainly stick to infantry anyway.

Grouping with friends is still a cluster though. Was working great on PS3, as it was prioritizing us correctly. Now it seems to almost always put us on opposing teams even if the teams aren't balanced.

Wouldn't go as far as cry babies, although I do agree with a lot of your post. It's pretty comical to read a lot of these responses.

What's comical about complaining about a broken game? Why should a game that costs $60 (plus $50 for Premium) have such fundamental flaws? There's no squad system. You can't see which of your Friends is in a game. You can't edit your loadout in a menu. The sound unexpectedly drops out. Weapon attachments don't work. The game crashes repeatedly. Recordings don't function correctly. The EMP effect occurs randomly. Campaign saves get deleted. Cloud saves are corrupted. Rubber banding and stutter are commonplace. Game modes aren't all available.

What parts of that are comical?

I can honestly say I've never had a game on console or PC crash on me as much as this. That doesn't make me, or anyone else complaining about it, a baby or a whiner. We just expect the game we paid up upwards of $60 plus tax to work as promised on the box. I don't know what to tell you if these complaints continue to bother you. Keep on scrolling, I guess, or maybe just don't enter threads titled "Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Issues" at all.

Right now my favorite conquest map is Operation Locker. There is a specific chokepoint where MASSIVE firefights happen every match and it is GLORIOUS!

As someone who loved 64 players on Metro, OpLock offers that same chaos itch. I love going to the basement of that chokepoint with smoke grenades and the ricochetting grenade launcher to get dudes behind the corners. Best I've gone was 41-10. Then it crashed.

Hawk269

My fiancée wanted me to get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 to play with my future nephew in-law. I already have the PC and Xbox One version, so when I went to play my first match on-line in the PS4 version, I am stuck at a black screen with the cursor moving in the upper right corner. I can hear sound effects, but no image. Been trying for the last hour to play just one fucking on-line game and it has been all fucked up.

Had some issues with the X1 version, but nothing like this where I cannot even get into one fucking game. I know it is fucked on both versions, but it has been 2 weeks now since it came out on PS4. Has there been any official word from Dice on what they are doing or is this going to be jacked up for a while?

Supposedly DICE is patching the X1 version on the 3rd I believe, but no word on when the PS4 version will be patched again, as it just received one this past week. I really don't remember BF3 being this damn bad.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
My fiancée wanted me to get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 to play with my future nephew in-law. I already have the PC and Xbox One version, so when I went to play my first match on-line in the PS4 version, I am stuck at a black screen with the cursor moving in the upper right corner. I can hear sound effects, but no image. Been trying for the last hour to play just one fucking on-line game and it has been all fucked up.

Had some issues with the X1 version, but nothing like this where I cannot even get into one fucking game. I know it is fucked on both versions, but it has been 2 weeks now since it came out on PS4. Has there been any official word from Dice on what they are doing or is this going to be jacked up for a while?
I was having that issue a few days ago with a couple of my games (AC4 & BF4) after unplugging and then reconnecting the HDMI cable. I think it was an HDCP handshake issue cause it resolved itself after I unplugged/reconnected my HDMI cable a second time.

Bumhead

Banned
The game is glorious when it works, but the crashes are putting me off playing it at all.

It's just crashed on me during my best round so far, right towards the end of the game too. Absolutely gutted. And this is occurring roughly every other game for me.

Not tried any modes yet outside of conquest. To be honest conquest is why I'm here and for anything else I'd probably rather just play Killzone, so I'd rather conquest work than have to go into other modes.

Right now my favorite conquest map is Operation Locker. There is a specific chokepoint where MASSIVE firefights happen every match and it is GLORIOUS!

This sounds a lot like Metro from BF3

As someone who loved 64 players on Metro, OpLock offers that same chaos itch. I love going to the basement of that chokepoint with smoke grenades and the ricochetting grenade launcher to get dudes behind the corners. Best I've gone was 41-10. Then it crashed.

Good god almighty.

I'm almost certain that 64 man Metro may have done permanent damage to my ears. Fucking nades everywhere. Funnily enough I really enjoy Metro on low player counts.

So I bought the game after they released the patch and the game is still broken. I played a couple of chapters in the campaign and last night after playing a couple of rounds of conquest and getting booted several times I went back to the campaign and realized my progress had been wiped clean. So fuck EA and their piece of shit games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I haven't had any crashes since Double XP started and I've been playing a lot. Game is fantastic now, although I do get rubber banding from time to time.

Jut

Banned
I've only had a couple of crashes. My biggest issue is that i play Hardcore and the blue triangles that a always over friendlies' heads sometimes don't show up for 1 or 2 seconds. You can see how this is problem with friendly fire on and all.

I haven't read through this entire thread but is anyone else running into this?

So I bought the game after they released the patch and the game is still broken. I played a couple of chapters in the campaign and last night after playing a couple of rounds of conquest and getting booted several times I went back to the campaign and realized my progress had been wiped clean. So fuck EA and their piece of shit games.

Check your cloud saves.

Top Bottom