• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Taker34

Banned
Played several BF4 matches (mainly conquest) and had no real problems so far. I expected crashes and whatnot, but it's really fun. Only sound glitches and laggy servers are a bit annoying.

Skenzin

Banned
Post patch, this game has been gold for me. I am finding PSN is a little less liking of my Cisco small business router that only likes to enable UPNP some of the times. No problems after going back to a Linksys with DDWRT rom installed. Even fixed all my chat issues.

KillGore

Been playing these past couple of days on PSN and it's been working great. Had only one crash and one disconnect. Don't be fooled, XO version is having similar problems. I bought an XO and received BF4 as a gift (didn't want to deny a present) so I have both (I can play with all my friends now since some are on PS4, others on One) and I've had friends disconnect on them (not on me though) and I've had crashes as well. All in all, it's a fun game.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this on PS4. I don't think I could ever go back to CoD

This has happened like 5 times for me while playing this game. 4 in multiplayer, once in singleplayer.

Siege of Shanghai and Paracel Storm seem to drop frames/lag the worst for me. Locker sometimes becomes a slide show ay certain choke points, but overall it plays pretty smooth. Hopefully DICE can put out a patch that fixes this. I had high hopes that the frame rate would be good on PS4, but seems that big drops are common on certain maps. C'mon DICE...fix it.

Siege of Shanghai and Paracel Storm seem to drop frames/lag the worst for me. Locker sometimes becomes a slide show ay certain choke points, but overall it plays pretty smooth. Hopefully DICE can put out a patch that fixes this. I had high hopes that the frame rate would be good on PS4, but seems that big drops are common on certain maps. C'mon DICE...fix it.

I've put about 40 hours into it now the majority being conquest and I honestly don't notice any frame rate issues. I can tell the difference between rubber banding/juddering and frame drops and I'm actually consistently amazed at how well it holds up especially during the insane choke points in locker with 64 players all throwing grenades and launching rockets/m203s

jsip

Banned
Anyone else notice the frame rate all of a sudden going to shit? Or am I mistaking frame drops for lag?

Game has been horrid tonight. LOTS of lag. I fell through the world about 50 fucking times. Crashed 3 times in just 1 hour.

BacPwEtCQAAv4pj.jpg:orig

I've put about 40 hours into it now the majority being conquest and I honestly don't notice any frame rate issues. I can tell the difference between rubber banding/juddering and frame drops and I'm actually consistently amazed at how well it holds up especially during the insane choke points in locker with 64 players all throwing grenades and launching rockets/m203s

Maybe I'm just experiencing lag then? I hope that's all it is....

Nymphae

Banned
Is anyone able to sign in to PSN right now? I swear every time I try to go play BF4 either it crashes or PSN is fucked.

Any chance on BF Premium on sale for cyber Monday? I'm still salty and think EA owes me a discount for buying a unplayable game for two weeks. My only ps4 game BTW

Have there been any patches for single player? I wouldn't mind playing thru the campaign. But the last two times I tried my safe got corrupted.

This is without a doubt the worst multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Joining a friend is a roll of the dice. Can't seem to find a way to join up from Battlelog, and when in a game the "invite to game" option just says "Error. Cannot invite."

So I try to join the session from the PS4 friends list, which may or may not work. Sometimes it boots the game and does nothing. Sometimes I get a "no commander slots available" otherwise the server will just be full. Assuming I can get into the match, I'll always be on the opposite team of the friend I'm trying to join, and sometimes just cannot switch teams.

Assuming we meet up and squad up (manually, there's nothing here automatic about it) we'll be lucky if there isn't so much lag that our shots barely register, or if we manage to complete the game altogether. So far ONE of us will get dropped back to the OS. Which one of us? Depends. Roll the dice.

Then we get to start the whole process over, but most of the time it won't work until we completely close the application before trying again. No fucking thank you, its just not worth the hassle.

How the hell did this game get released? Its enough to finish me with the series entirely. What a total and complete maddening clusterfuck.

... and on another note, I let my brother play through the campaign last night. He fell through the world, freefalling for something like 80,000 meters until we got a "LOADING" message before the game crashed.

Seriously, fuck this game and whatever very pretty and explosive hell it crawled out from.

Milennia

This is without a doubt the worst multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Joining a friend is a roll of the dice. Can't seem to find a way to join up from Battlelog, and when in a game the "invite to game" option just says "Error. Cannot invite."

So I try to join the session from the PS4 friends list, which may or may not work. Sometimes it boots the game and does nothing. Sometimes I get a "no commander slots available" otherwise the server will just be full. Assuming I can get into the match, I'll always be on the opposite team of the friend I'm trying to join, and sometimes just cannot switch teams.

Assuming we meet up and squad up (manually, there's nothing here automatic about it) we'll be lucky if there isn't so much lag that our shots barely register, or if we manage to complete the game altogether. So far ONE of us will get dropped back to the OS. Which one of us? Depends. Roll the dice.

Then we get to start the whole process over, but most of the time it won't work until we completely close the application before trying again. No fucking thank you, its just not worth the hassle.

How the hell did this game get released? Its enough to finish me with the series entirely. What a total and complete maddening clusterfuck.

I honestly don't know why they are trying to sell us on the joining mechanic>squads mechanic..

It doesn't work for shit and even if it did the implementation sounds like shit compared to squads.

Like whats the mentality.

Anyone else encounter an under the map glitch in Hainen Resort Rush? Don't know how to do it, but I did notice that at least two of my squadmates were under the map as I was waiting to deploy. Spawned on one of them, realized I was under the map too and decided to suicide

Milennia

Anyone else encounter an under the map glitch in Hainen Resort Rush? Don't know how to do it, but I did notice that at least two of my squadmates were under the map as I was waiting to deploy. Spawned on one of them, realized I was under the map too and decided to suicide

Spawned on a dude swimming under the map on hainan lol.

I guess I just need to build a pc for this game. Unstable frame rates are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Hell, I would have taken 720p with a locked frame rate over this shit. What are the chances DICE can make the fps more stable via a patch?

I really dont like the Auto aim on the PS4 version. Its way to strong. It will automatically snap to the target and lock on when aiming down sight, you dont even have to move the right stick to aim.-.-

skynidas

Banned
I really dont like the Auto aim on the PS4 version. Its way to strong. It will automatically snap to the target and lock on when aiming down sight, you dont even have to move the right stick to aim.-.-

you should try Killzone shadow fall multiplayer, it works perfectly and there's no auto aim.

Sanic

Having this weird issue where, when selecting a game mode via quick match, i'm thrown into a Team DM server every time. Regardless of what mode I pick.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I can't get my friends to play large conquest while this double XP is taking place. They all go TDM, and why wouldn't you when you can level up much faster?

i picked this up during the ps3 for $30 amazon sale, then upgraded to ps4 for 10 bucks. haven't had any issues yet

one match just went to a black screen when it should have started, but i was able to hit the home button and restart the app. but no hard crashes or anything, loving it so far

Iorv3th

i picked this up during the ps3 for $30 amazon sale, then upgraded to ps4 for 10 bucks. haven't had any issues yet

one match just went to a black screen when it should have started, but i was able to hit the home button and restart the app. but no hard crashes or anything, loving it so far

Your turn is coming...

jsip

Banned
Yeah, it happens to me too. I wonder what HDD you're using?
Sound randomly dropping has been an issue with Frostbite since the beginning. I get no sound every few matches. Even one of the 60fps videos of PS4 MP released had it in there in the beginning.

So far Ive had:
Game save corruption multiple times.
Disconnects.
Crashes.
Lag and severe rubber banding.
Falling through world (pictured above).
Spec selection screen popping up when still alive for no reason.
Spec selection screen sticking upon revive.
Sound completely drowned out/muffled when respawning like it was on the selection screen.
Certain SFX gone except for the reverb effects.
Multiple music tracks playing at end of match.
Disappearing cross hair and along with it - hit markers.
Splitting friends between teams on map swap.
Join game issue (commander bug).
Occasional MAJOR framerate drop for no reason (Rush, start of match, NOTHING happening except getting into position).
Random black loading screen... OF DEATH!

Ultimately a shit product. Can't say I'll purchase another BF game again. I might just have to swap to KZ for my FPS fix.

Apath

I honestly don't know why they are trying to sell us on the joining mechanic>squads mechanic..

It doesn't work for shit and even if it did the implementation sounds like shit compared to squads.

Like whats the mentality.
Please tell me you're joking. There is no way they could think joining someone already in a game could possibly be better than a standard party system.

If they seriously do, then DICE isn't just incompetent--they're moronic as well.

kitch9

Banned

Thats why I can't hit people for shit then, I instinctively fight against the auto aim and end up moving crosshair somewhere else.

rafaelr

singleplayer:
got through the campaign with a couple of crashes, but luckily none corrupted my save.
not gonna say anything else about the campaign...
multiplayer:
when it works it´s pretty cool. 64 players is crazy, especially coming from ps3 with 24 max. but if your squad is shit and doesn´t work together it can be pretty frustrating cause the times where you ran into one or two enemies at a time are a thing of the past
generation
getting some framerate/lag issues intermittently, but for the most part it´s good.
crashes in have been about on the same level as bf3ps3 for me (seine crossing crashed regularly for me)

the one thing that really bothers me/haven´t figured out is the getting into squads with friends. if i´m not mistaken you can´t just join a friends game from the menu?! you can´t sqad up in the menu?! you can join the server a friend is playing on, but only from the web-battlelog/app?!
since team/squad play is essential in this game i really don´t get why dice would make this stuff more complicated to do and less reliable to work.

blazeuk

So is the PS4 version comparatively stable then?

I've had crashes and the multiplayer although playable is far too frustrating with the lag/rubber banding. As someone who had become somewhat fatigued with CoD after playing so much over the years I'm kinda regretting picking Battlefield over it this time around, it hasn't been a very good experience so far.

Still waiting on my ps4 copy arriving.. should be today..

What happens when the game crashes? does it just go back to the home screen? hard lock?

Ark

I've crashed twice and disconnected once, all during conquest. Also that chromatic abberation thing is annoying as heck on conquest, is that intentional?

Domination is super fun though. Love the game when it works correctly.

jsip

Banned
Please tell me you're joking. There is no way they could think joining someone already in a game could possibly be better than a standard party system.

If they seriously do, then DICE isn't just incompetent--they're moronic as well.
Said it before and I'll say it again. They are idiots. Perfect example: Rush, Siege of Shanghai.

"LEVOLUTION IS THE NEW BLACK GUISE. Just check out how this building goes down when you cap an mcom. Oh wait. YOU CANT SINCE THE MCOMS ARE UNDERGROUND AND THE BUILDING IS OUTSIDE A BLOCK AWAY BEHIND ANOTHER BIG BUILDING. LOL. SUX2BUGUISE! LOLOLOL! Thanks for the 60!"

Who on earth came up with that brilliant idea? They should have placed the mcom on top of the building so after it goes the building comes down. Would make a great set piece as you'd have to dive at the last second to survive and watch the building come down as you jump for your life.

Instead, we rarely get to see it. Insanity.

Said it before and I'll say it again. They are idiots. Perfect example: Rush, Siege of Shanghai.

"LEVOLUTION IS THE NEW BLACK GUISE. Just check out how this building goes down when you cap an mcom. Oh wait. YOU CANT SINCE THE MCOMS ARE UNDERGROUND AND THE BUILDING IS OUTSIDE A BLOCK AWAY BEHIND ANOTHER BIG BUILDING. LOL. SUX2BUGUISE! LOLOLOL! Thanks for the 60!"

Who on earth came up with that brilliant idea? They should have placed the mcom on top of the building so after it goes the building comes down. Would make a great set piece as you'd have to dive at the last second to survive and watch the building come down as you jump for your life.

Instead, we rarely get to see it. Insanity.
The maps are just terrible in this game. In terms of design and vehicle balance. Poorly thought out for levolution. There is not even much buildings to collapse. Destruction 2.0 is better in every way.

jsip

Banned
The maps are just terrible in this game. In terms of design and vehicle balance. Poorly thought out for levolution. There is not even much buildings to collapse. Destruction 2.0 is better in every way.
Yep. There's some insane choke points in Rush that makes it almost impossible to attack unless the defending team is sitting on the OS or just flat out puts the controller down. Then there are some that are just too easy. There's no real balance anywhere.

I'd kill for BC2 remake. Shit was so much better in every way.

chaos66

Neo Member
Has anybody noticed the screen keeps going blurry it's like your are under suppression but you not it kind of looks like the game is trying to go 3D ?

Has anybody noticed the screen keeps going blurry it's like your are under suppression but you not it kind of looks like the game is trying to go 3D ?
I kept noticing chromatic aberration in-game, randomly. Don't know what that was supposed to be, if anything, or if it was a glitch.

Then again it could have been my blind rage. Not entirely sure ;P

Top Bottom