• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

I bought BF4 during the amazon PSN sale, but haven't started it once because of the ongoing issues.
Has there any mention of a patch from DICE in the near future? Is the game really broken or are the bugs simply annoying and you can still have a good time?

I bought BF4 during the amazon PSN sale, but haven't started it once because of the ongoing issues.
Has there any mention of a patch from DICE in the near future? Is the game really broken or are the bugs simply annoying and you can still have a good time?

There's another patch tomorrow you can definitely still have a good time. I crash maybe once every 3-4 hours and have maybe a handful of instances of rubber banding. Use server browser on your phone or PC and find a server witth the lowest ping

no angel

Even though the thread title says ps4 can some please tell me it's common knowledge these problems also occur on the xbone? I love the game but what with all the dashboard disconnects and chromatic aberrations I keep experiencing I'm starting to feel like a battered wife going back to her husband after he keeps clocking her in the face every time I boot it up. Any news on an xb1 patch?

see5harp

Yeah, it happens to me too. I wonder what HDD you're using?

Standard hard drive. That bug has been around since Battlefield 2 on PC I swear. Actually I remember that game fondly and it was probably one of the more broken games at launch that Dice has ever put out. I really think I'm done buying their games on day one because that never works out.

How do you guys find the multiplayer maps in this game?
Too open.

And for some reason whenever I pick one of my team's control points to spawn in, I actually spawn 100 yards away, either in the open or behind a rock. Not, you know, inside the comfy defensive walls of a base or inside a building.

Makes the game suck when you're rocking a SMG as there are many spawn situations you'll be at immediate disadvantage, and you'll *require* a vehicle to get to the front.

I missed Bad Company's dense bases separated by open areas. BF4 seems to be open areas between open areas.

That's been my experience anyway, when the game worked.

FHIZ

Aside from rubber banding happening every time I play the map with the damn, the only issue I've had is it crashed once when I was leaving a match. Has worked perfectly fine for me other than that one instance after last week's patch. Played through single player through multiple sessions with no corruptions
as well.

Locker and Floodzone are insta-skips. Love the rest.

If I don't crash out of it I don't mind Locker. It allows me to rack up a ton of points (especially with the current double xp week) for the assault kit due to the chokepoints as I am trying to unlock everything for the kit.

Floodzone on the other hand I hate.

witness

I did the samething, and so far I've had; rubber banding, maps not loading twice, audio cut out for a few seconds twice, and my SP progress disappearing after two missions. These are really minor things as I played this game for around 5 hours online over the weekend. Its a great great multiplayer game filled with some jaw dropping moments. No regrets at all.

Maybe I've been lucky and haven't had any in game crashes.

GoldChain

My buddies and I all got BF4 at PS4 launch but have completely abandoned the game in favour of COD. Our intentions were to try something new, but the lack of a reliable party system is a deal breaker for us.

Yeah COD is the same ol' formula, but it looks great on PS4 in naitive 1080p and at least my friends and I can actually play together...what a crazy concept.

Sure EA got my money this time, but this whole experience will prevent me from ever purchasing a "Battlefield" title ever again, regardless of features. The very fact that they released this game at full price in a known inoperable state tells me that my future purchases from this company will likely be the same.

Violater

Guys A friend of mine was just lucky to find a PS4 at Target, are there any current NA deals on BF4?
I know there was the black Friday $30 deal that's now dead.

I think they're all great except for flood zone. It's a pair of building where you're mostly fighting on the rooftops. If you end up at the bottom, it's a looooong climb back to the top

dkeane

So is the spectator mode they advertised in this? Have it on PS4 and can't find it. Thought it would be cool to join games that way.

For you guys struggling with crashes: play more TDM or Rush.

I know those are probably not the modes you WANT to play, but they're rock solid in terms of stability. Plus, they're still the fastest ways to unlock weapon attaches n' shit. IMO, anyway.

see5harp

For you guys struggling with crashes: play more TDM or Rush.

I know those are probably not the modes you WANT to play, but they're rock solid in terms of stability. Plus, they're still the fastest ways to unlock weapon attaches n' shit. IMO, anyway.

Yea, if I do modes other than Conquest, I have fewer issues. But there hasn't been a single time where I've had 3 or 4 in a party that someone has said "let's play TDM." It's literally never happened. No one even cares about that mode.

Pastry

Banned

This is how I rank them:

1) Golmud Railway
2) Hainan Resort
3) Paracel Storm
4) Dawnbreaker
5) Zavod
6) Lancing Dam

HUGE GAP

7) Floodzone
8) Seige of Shanghai
9) Operation Locker

Steel

Banned
I've crashed twice and disconnected once, all during conquest. Also that chromatic abberation thing is annoying as heck on conquest, is that intentional?

Domination is super fun though. Love the game when it works correctly.

It's intentional. Commanders can emp large areas of the map, when you see the chromatic then you can't see enemies on the map. It's kind of a silly effect though.

Edit:

This is how I rank them:

1) Golmud Railway
2) Hainan Resort
3) Paracel Storm
4) Dawnbreaker
5) Zavod
6) Lancing Dam

HUGE GAP

7) Floodzone
8) Seige of Shanghai
9) Operation Locker

B-but Floodzone is my favorite map...

This is how I rank them:

1) Golmud Railway
2) Hainan Resort
3) Paracel Storm
4) Dawnbreaker
5) Zavod
6) Lancing Dam

HUGE GAP

7) Floodzone
8) Seige of Shanghai
9) Operation Locker

I think Operation Locker is kind of fun for a smaller map. Even though it becomes a meat grinder.

Yea, if I do modes other than Conquest, I have fewer issues. But there hasn't been a single time where I've had 3 or 4 in a party that someone has said "let's play TDM." It's literally never happened. No one even cares about that mode.

haha. It's all I've been playing. like 99% TDM to get these wapons and attaches that are locked behind ribbons and shit.

Speaking of weapons and attachments...

When is the right time to pick a Carbine? I ask because I've unlocked all of them and maxed out the attachments on 3 of them and...well...I don't really see a time when I'd want to pick one of these over an AR. The accuracy seems clearly lower than AR's beyond medium range, their reload speed is a bit slower, and their fire rate is lower than AR's. I do think the M4 is worlds better than the M16A4 or whatever the AR burst fire rifle is called. Are Carbines just the "almost good as" option if you're playing a class other than Assault but want to assume an assult-style role on the team? A slight compromise to get access to items only certain classes have access to?

Just seeking some clarification on how to think about that class of weapons. They're very "samey" with the Assault weapons, but feel decidedly inferior in most cases.

I think paracel is my favorite of all of them just for how atmospheric it is when the storm rolls in. I wish all shooters had random weather and day/night cycles

dengatron

yesterday was pretty frustrating. i got black loading screen of dc like 9 times and every one of those shows as a loss on my stats. i shouldn't get losses because your game runs like shit, dice. also ace 23 is op.

Pastry

Banned
I think paracel is my favorite of all of them just for how atmospheric it is when the storm rolls in. I wish all shooters had random weather and day/night cycles

I agree, it looks great when the weather rolls in and you're bouncing around the waves on a jetski.

RedAssedApe

Banned
super weird that bf4 doesnt have appropriate party support considering the type of game it is

like how killzone lacks voice chat if you're not in a PS4 party

The Goat

I kept noticing chromatic aberration in-game, randomly. Don't know what that was supposed to be, if anything, or if it was a glitch.

Then again it could have been my blind rage. Not entirely sure ;P

It's in PC version too, and I fucking hate it. Can't wait for it to be gone.

For me, the game mode is what makes a map good or bad. For example, I hate dawnbreaker except when it's domination or rush. I love 32 player obliteration in locker, but hate 64 player conquest.

That said, my power rankings for 64 player obliteration, which is all I'm playing atm, goes like this:

Paracel
Hainan
Rouge
Zavod
Flood
Golmund
Locker
Shanghai
Lancang
Dawnbreaker

dkeane

Ok, what is the easiest way to team up with people on your friends list?
If they're playing a match go to the multiplayer screen and you'll see their match on the right. Join from there.

When it first came out it wouldn't put me in a squad with my friends automatically, but now if there's space on the server it works most of the time.
Could still be loads better, or you know, let us team up before a match.

Violater

If they're playing a match go to the multiplayer screen and you'll see their match on the right. Join from there.

When it first came out it wouldn't put me in a squad with my friends automatically, but now if there's space on the server it works most of the time.

Ok cool thanks, will try that.
Will the squad be retained for subsequent matches?
I am assuming if I want to switch to a different game type we need to go through the same process.
Jeebus DICE how could you do this?

blackflag

Operation Locker is at least ok for fast rank up and tons of points during double xp weekend. I don't actually mind it as much as I hated Metro.

Lol what come on , no GAF work around?

Unfortunately not. As far as I'm aware, the game will more often than not put friends on opposite teams and it's not always easy/possible to switch teams. It's been a problem since BF3 as far as I'm aware.

BF4 on next-gen consoles is now a 4 @polygon, after todays review update.

www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-review

No .5 advantage for the console version with better framerate though

2 weeks too late.

Top Bottom