• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

I know it's probably minor to most people compared to crash issues, but I really hope they fix the issue with no sound when streaming/recording soon. Once of the reasons I got a PS4 at launch was that I was excited to save and share cool Battlefield 4 moments, but it's kind of pointless with no audio.

wwm0nkey

I know it's probably minor to most people compared to crash issues, but I really hope they fix the issue with no sound when streaming/recording soon. Once of the reasons I got a PS4 at launch was that I was excited to save and share cool Battlefield 4 moments, but it's kind of pointless with no audio.
That's in the new patch

Iorv3th

Guys A friend of mine was just lucky to find a PS4 at Target, are there any current NA deals on BF4?
I know there was the black Friday $30 deal that's now dead.

39.99 for the ps3 version at amazon or gamestop for today. Can be upgraded to ps4 version for 9.99 So 10$ cheaper than buying the ps4 version.

Valnen

So I just tried playing some TDM a few minutes ago and it put me into empty servers twice when using quick match. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Requiem

They really need to add an option to remember gun preferences. Have to change from scope to canted, or flashlight to laser every single time I spawn is annoying...

terrible

Banned
So I just tried playing some TDM a few minutes ago and it put me into empty servers twice when using quick match. Anyone else ever have this problem?

This isn't answering your question but I personally just use the server browser. Takes only a few more seconds than it'd to use quick match and it guarantees I get into a populated server.

jsip

Banned
They really need to add an option to remember gun preferences. Have to change from scope to canted, or flashlight to laser every single time I spawn is annoying...

Huh? When you select your loadout for a gun it is saved. When selecting that same weapon for another class it brings up your previous loadout for that weapon.

Are you saying you have to select weapon attachments EVERY time you spawn? If so, that is fucked up.

Nakor

I'm concerned about the poor quality of the dedicated servers.
Was playing last night, and frequently had lag issues where I shoot a person first, but wait, they actually shot me first - the server just didn't keep up.

terrible

Banned
Huh? When you select your loadout for a gun it is saved. When selecting that same weapon for another class it brings up your previous loadout for that weapon.

Are you saying you have to select weapon attachments EVERY time you spawn? If so, that is fucked up.

I think Requiem means stuff like remembering if you have your laser on/off, or which sight (canted or regular) you have out, etc. I don't even think the game remembers what firemode you last used.

I'm concerned about the poor quality of the dedicated servers.
Was playing last night, and frequently had lag issues where I shoot a person first, but wait, they actually shot me first - the server just didn't keep up.

That happens when you play with/against people from out of the server region usually.

I find them to be mostly better than BF3 vanilla maps. Flood Zone, Operation Locker, and Siege of Shanghai are the only ones that make me cringe when I see their names show up.

What???? BF3's vanilla maps were way better than these. I agree that Siege sucks though. Dawnbreaker too.

mekes

I cant imagine I'm the only one having issues with the single player? I got right to the end of the 3rd mission only to be kicked from the game during a cut scene telling me that my saves were corrupt. It was completely out of the blue. Not only was I kicked and prompted to send an error report, I also lost my saves and had to restart that shitty campaign over.

I got kicked 3 other times from single player in the same fashion, but haven't lost my save data since. It made me pack up playing for the night.

Tell me I'm not alone here..

Funny story time. I was talking to a co-worker today and he was telling me how amazing BF4 was and how he's done with CoD. Thinking he was liking the multi, I asked him about favorite maps and whatnot. He tells me he only played the campaign and it was the most amazing experience ever haha

Funny story time. I was talking to a co-worker today and he was telling me how amazing BF4 was and how he's done with CoD. Thinking he was liking the multi, I asked him about favorite maps and whatnot. He tells me he only played the campaign and it was the most amazing experience ever haha
I watched my brother play through the first third of the campaign. Was hilarious.

My favorite moment though was early on in the very first mission when the building is crumbling around you and the helicopter is attacking. He sat there for a while trying to nail the thing with his grenade launcher, to no avail, and dying again and again. "I guess these don't work on helicopters".

Fast forward to later on in the chase escape where you're handed the grenade launcher and told to "burn those motherfuckers!", only to see my brother looking back at me utterly confused.

These linear set-piece cinematic shooters fall apart so very easily. And I think its the hardcore gamers who know all the various and sundry unwritten rules of gaming that have a better time of these things, if only because we're fully aware that being led by the nose and that original thought and logic don't apply.

What???? BF3's vanilla maps were way better than these. I agree that Siege sucks though. Dawnbreaker too.
I think BF4 vanilla maps are way better than 3s.i can barely remember the maps 3 launched with other than metro and I played BF3 for over 300 hours. The karkand map pack and other dlc is where bf3 shined, the vanilla maps were terrible and I am not looking forward to 2nd assault because of that, especially firestorm, worst map ever.

Requiem

What I meant is say you have Canted sights and ACOG scope attache, every time you spawn you have to select whether you want the canted sights or ACOG sights...

jsip

Banned
What I meant is say you have Canted sights and ACOG scope attache, every time you spawn you have to select whether you want the canted sights or ACOG sights...

Ah, gotcha!

And crosshair gone again - shit happens several times EVERY damn game:
BahL_xRCUAE8vRa.jpg:orig

Flunkie

Banned
MOTHERFUCKING CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH FUCK YOU

I watched my brother play through the first third of the campaign. Was hilarious.

My favorite moment though was early on in the very first mission when the building is crumbling around you and the helicopter is attacking. He sat there for a while trying to nail the thing with his grenade launcher, to no avail, and dying again and again. "I guess these don't work on helicopters".

Fast forward to later on in the chase escape where you're handed the grenade launcher and told to "burn those motherfuckers!", only to see my brother looking back at me utterly confused.

These linear set-piece cinematic shooters fall apart so very easily. And I think its the hardcore gamers who know all the various and sundry unwritten rules of gaming that have a better time of these things, if only because we're fully aware that being led by the nose and that original thought and logic don't apply.

Too funny. Is your brother Conan O'Brien haha

I think BF4 vanilla maps are way better than 3s.i can barely remember the maps 3 launched with other than metro and I played BF3 for over 300 hours. The karkand map pack and other dlc is where bf3 shined, the vanilla maps were terrible and I am not looking forward to 2nd assault because of that, especially firestorm, worst map ever.

Haha that's crazy, Firestorm was probably my fave map in BF3. At least in the smaller 360/ps3 version

I didn't like most of BF3's vanilla maps but I loved the Back to Karkand ones. Caspian Border was the only one I can remember that I really liked. The others I just disliked or was indifferent about. Not that I think BF4's are amazing, just like them better overall. That's why I said "mostly".

Joco

EA/DICE need to get their shit together. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy Premium or any of the DLC at this rate. Hell, even with my few PS4 games I'm about ready to trade in BF4 as it is.

Bizazedo

Played about four hours of conquest last night. Only one crash at the start and two minor instances of rubber banding. Same sound issues on certain levels only

Played from 9:30 to 1:11 tonight. One crash and that was after a match and I clicked to quit on PS4. Preserved all of points and stats.

It's bizarre that some of us crash a lot and some hardly any. I never go to Battlelog and rarely hit the PS button, though.

Still unacceptable of course, but the game is awesome so patience is holding for now.

Had a couple of crashes and got stuck on black loading screens tonight, but the weirdest glitch had to be on Locker, when I was spawning as an Assault, but often instead of throwing out health, I would be tossing ammo packs or taking out a Stinger missile. I still always had the Defibs available, but my other gadget would be from a completely different class. DICE, you so crazy!

Boyzi

Banned
At times, this game is untouchable - pity about the crashes. Still managing to have a tonne of fun with the game though, even through the odd crash or two

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
At least the patch tomorrow is going to fix the audio not working in in-game capture finally.

WRONG!
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/

The PS4 game update that was originally meant to go live Dec 3 is undergoing some additional testing and will be rescheduled for a later date. We will get back with final details as soon as we have verification that the update is good to go.

What, you thought they could get a simple patch right?

I had 4 disconnects in 90 minutes of Conquest play last night. Lost, maybe, 40,000 XP.

I wonder if China Rising will even work today. They aren't really hyping the release on Battlelog...

jsip

Banned
I'm getting a bit tires of this game and the issues. This is my last Battlefield game. DICE really needs to leave EA and make a new shootbang from a pub that doesn't force their shit on 5 platforms, make it MP only, sell it for cheap, and have proper time for QA and balance before launch.

EA is done for me. I love DICE but I feel a lot of the issues are direct results of EA forcing a product still in Alpha/Beta.

Played from 9:30 to 1:11 tonight. One crash and that was after a match and I clicked to quit on PS4. Preserved all of points and stats.

It's bizarre that some of us crash a lot and some hardly any. I never go to Battlelog and rarely hit the PS button, though.

Still unacceptable of course, but the game is awesome so patience is holding for now.

True. I rarely hit the ps button and never look at battle log while I play.

Just FYI for people who get the black loading screen of death it will load you just have to wait a lot longer than normal. Minutes instead of seconds but everytime I've gotten it it's always eventually loaded the next map

I know a guy who buys Battlefield and ONLY plays the single player campaign.

emko

Ok i thought the gun jamming was just my fault with the triggers but i just tried COD and i can fire pistols really fast without any problems. Why does this happen in BF4? all guns jam except the automatic guns.

DS4 dpad is horrible every time i want to change fire mode it pulls out my launcher it thinks i pressed left when i press down. Try any of the dpad buttons you can make it trigger the ones next to them easily wish they stuck with the DS3 dpad that was much better.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has China Rising been added for Premium members yet? Everything else from the store seems to be up but I can't find it on the mobile site and I wanted to start the download while I'm at work.

Top Bottom