• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Has China Rising been added for Premium members yet? Everything else from the store seems to be up but I can't find it on the mobile site and I wanted to start the download while I'm at work.

someone was saying China Rising will be available when the PSN store updates for the day. if this has happened already then i don't know what is going on.

majik13

damn I finally just got my Amazon battlepack preorder bonus code from Sony. I put the amazon code on the Battlelog site on launch day, or the day before. I blame DICE for the delay.

edit: hmm, actualy the code came from an EA email. When I put the orginal amazon code on the battlelog site, it said to wait for the code via email from Sony. iirc.

So there is a problem with the China Rising DLC?? I have premium but when I search for China Rising in the search, all I can do is "Buy DLC", WTF??

So there is a problem with the China Rising DLC?? I have premium but when I search for China Rising in the search, all I can do is "Buy DLC", WTF??

I have the same issue. When I try to join a China Rising map I get a screen to buy premium which I already have. If I follow the screens it takes me to download premium and then says I already downloaded. Wtf just a endless circle

Is it possible to get a refund through PSN for this? I have given this product two weeks and it is still in a state that should never have been released for anything more than free. I bought this through PSN, so I can't just trade it in or return it to the store, but I am beyond fed up with running into game breaking bugs in almost every match.

The state of this product, the garbage reporting by the gaming media, and the high probability that a refund is impossible, are proof that this medium is not mature enough for a digital only future. Shame on me for trusting Sony (and EA/DICE) to not allow fundamentally broken products to be released through their store, and shame on Sony for letting this product through certification.

Freak

I'm getting the same thing too. Redeemed the code and BF patched ready for China Rising but can't get onto any of the servers.
If I try to redeem my code again the download box is darkened out. Thought I'd see if it was a data issue so I deleted the China Rising from my download list to see if I could get it again. No joy the code still thinks it's on the machine. So I can't redownload load if I wanted to :(
Going to bed will try again tomorrow.

So I finally got China rising. What a pain in the ass. Not in the game, not in the the add-ons, not anywhere on any pages. However I do a general search for China rising in the Sen store and there it is.

Wow.

Is it possible to get a refund through PSN for this? I have given this product two weeks and it is still in a state that should never have been released for anything more than free. I bought this through PSN, so I can't just trade it in or return it to the store, but I am beyond fed up with running into game breaking bugs in almost every match.

The state of this product, the garbage reporting by the gaming media, and the high probability that a refund is impossible, are proof that this medium is not mature enough for a digital only future. Shame on me for trusting Sony (and EA/DICE) to not allow fundamentally broken products to be released through their store, and shame on Sony for letting this product through certification.
Live chat or call the PSN support number and explain what's happening and your error number and they'll give you a refund.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I finally got China rising. What a pain in the ass. Not in the game, not in the the add-ons, not anywhere on any pages. However I do a general search for China rising in the Sen store and there it is.

Wow.
So it's finally out...so weird that they didn't push it out during the store update. Link for those that need it:

PS4 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...sing/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK01CONTENT00
PS3 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...sing/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-XPACK01CONTENT00

Requires Premium to download.

Only got to play one map as I work in the morning, it was Silk Road. A map that reminds me of BC2. Already better than the vanilla maps.

However the sound cuts out :/

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Wow.
It's actually on the Game's menu in the XMB. Under Battlefield, you should see:

Overview
Recent Activities
Related Items <---- It's here.

Rsinart

This game..... Trying really hard to enjoy BF and move away from COD. But I swear today alone I have had 10+ crashes. Really hope they get it fixed soon.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man BF4 for $20 bucks through amazon seemed like such and awesome deal. Sucks even more that it's a digital version and I can't even sell this pile of shit back.

I'm done with EA. Mods Bish, give me a shitty ass tag if I ever buy an EA game at retail again.

emko

wow this game is horrible every other game it just does not record my progress in multiplayer shows me how much i got and all the unlocks yet when i join a new game im back to where i started before the last game :( i have yet to try single player since that losses progress as well

is this the buggiest game ever released? i thought bethesda made buggy games but at least they worked for the most part.

how long did BF3 take to be fixed? another beta released as a finished product. Why didnt the reviewers say anything about this? how did they review such a broken game.

sorry im just mad i payed for this game and i thought it would be fun but so far its just making me mad i didnt even get a chance to try single player since that is broken as well.

Italian stallion

Junior 4EVA
wow this game is horrible every other game it just does not record my progress in multiplayer shows me how much i got and all the unlocks yet when i join a new game im back to where i started before the last game :( i have yet to try single player since that losses progress as well

is this the buggiest game ever released? i thought bethesda made buggy games but at least they worked for the most part.

how long did BF3 take to be fixed? another beta released as a finished product. Why didnt the reviewers say anything about this? how did they review such a broken game.

sorry im just mad i payed for this game and i thought it would be fun but so far its just making me mad i didnt even get a chance to try single player since that is broken as well.

why do you hate battlefield?

This game..... Trying really hard to enjoy BF and move away from COD. But I swear today alone I have had 10+ crashes. Really hope they get it fixed soon.

Try sticking to the smaller game types for now, if you've not been already. I know the heart and soul is conquest, but you can still have a blast doing some team deathmatch and various other small scale battles while they it up and running properly.

Not trying to excuse EA or Dice's bullshit, but at least we can have some fun with our $60.

Billen

Banned
I played without a problem for several hours yesterday, then I started experriencing heavy rubber-banding. My ping was normal (that is, very low) to all sites I checked.

emko

why do you hate battlefield?

i dont hate battlefield i have played it since 1942 its just this game is very good but with all these bugs its frustrating and for a company like EA its unexceptable i understand if they said pay 60$ now for a early beta that would be fine but to market it as a complete working game day 1 its not they should be punished for this in some way so it does not happen for this game or any other games again.

Cyborg

GAF: Im getting crazy and angry.
I bought this game for € 64,99 for my PS4 but I cant enjoy it. When I connect for the first time I can play 1 match (that ongoing) without problems.

When a new map loads Im getting a shit load of lag and it crashes with an error. Its just stupid how bad this product is.

I hate it.........ruins completly my experience.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
GAF: Im getting crazy and angry.
I bought this game for € 64,99 for my PS4 but I cant enjoy it. When I connect for the first time I can play 1 match (that ongoing) without problems.

When a new map loads Im getting a shit load of lag and it crashes with an error. Its just stupid how bad this product is.

I hate it.........ruins completly my experience.

Lucky... when I connect on pc it kicks me out after 30 seconds. Know problem too... great :(.

Freak

So it's finally out...so weird that they didn't push it out during the store update. Link for those that need it:

PS4 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...sing/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK01CONTENT00
PS3 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...sing/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-XPACK01CONTENT00

Requires Premium to download.

Something screwy is going on, i go to the PS4 link, and i see the China Rising DLC, but only when im NOT logged in. The moment i log in i get a lovely screen tell me the page isnt found, but its ok, its not my fault its the interents.. lol..

Log out see the DLC, log in dont see it... Grrrrr

Something screwy is going on, i go to the PS4 link, and i see the China Rising DLC, but only when im NOT logged in. The moment i log in i get a lovely screen tell me the page isnt found, but its ok, its not my fault its the interents.. lol..

Log out see the DLC, log in dont see it... Grrrrr

So i try to download the China Rising DLC, but then I keep getting an error code everytime I hit the download bar on the PS4. Any suggestions GAF?

Ugh. This game is a shit fest right now. It's laggy AS FUCK and unplayable. The night started out smooth and then bam! Fucking slide show and rubber banding.

Lakitu

st5fu
I really shouldn't have got Premium.

I can't even download China Rising. It's fucking ridiculous.

It's up on the PS Store in Euurope but only as 1.1mb download. Downloaded it, thinking it would get me access to the real download, all I got was a notification that I'll get it sometime in December. What the hell?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My very first MP experience:
1) Chose Conquest
2) Game sent me to Squad Death Match
3) It froze

Last night there was no Conquest matches so it looks it broke again.

Bizazedo

My very first MP experience:
1) Chose Conquest
2) Game sent me to Squad Death Match
3) It froze

Last night there was no Conquest matches so it looks it broke again.

No, there were, just have to pick them through the server browser, which is dumb as hell.

They were lagging slightly more than normal, though.

I really shouldn't have got Premium.

I can't even download China Rising. It's fucking ridiculous.

It's up on the PS Store in Euurope but only as 1.1mb download. Downloaded it, thinking it would get me access to the real download, all I got was a notification that I'll get it sometime in December. What the hell?

Isn't it up one day later on the PS Store for Europe? Also dumb, of course.

dkeane

Conquest was unplayable last night. Lag made it impossible to play. Had to play rush and got the blue error screen. So pathetic that a game release weeks ago is still having issues like this. Not to mention the incredibly poor rush maps.

Also why is it not possible to play smaller sized conquest maps? Nothing shows up when using the server browser in game or through battle log on my computer.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This is sad. I'll give the game a try, run into errors, and then leave it for a week. Return to it, encounter errors, and then leave it again.
Check this thread after not playing for another week and it's still broken.

At this point I'm ready to try and return the game to GameStop. It doesn't work as advertised, and hasn't worked from day one.

It's really great that this industry is set up to keep you in the dark about any problems until after you've spent your money. Publishers prevent reviews from leaking until the eleventh hour, and then gaming journalists give glowing reviews, with no mention of problems. It's not until the disc is in your system that you find out it doesn't work.

If I can return this I will, and if I return to BF4 it won't be until the release their ultimate edition with everything included. By then is imagine the game will be working as advertised.

Has anyone lost their single player save from playing multiplayer ?

I got this game last week with the PS4 and was playing single player until yesterday when i decided to try out multiplayer , i got into Team Deathmatch with no problem and after that i quit out of the game and later on i go back in to play some more single player

To my surprise my saved game has gone and the game wants me to chose a difficulty level and start from scratch :-/

is there a fix for this or am i total screwed ?

Ljwinter

Banned
Has anyone lost their single player save from playing multiplayer ?

I got this game last week with the PS4 and was playing single player until yesterday when i decided to try out multiplayer , i got into Team Deathmatch with no problem and after that i quit out of the game and later on i go back in to play some more single player

To my surprise my saved game has gone and the game wants me to chose a difficulty level and start from scratch :-/

is there a fix for this or am i total screwed ?

Screwed. Unless you can restore your save from the PS+ cloud storage.

Next time you do the campaign and it crashes, restore your save from the cloud before going back into battlefield. You might lose your current progress but you won't lose everything you've done so far.

Top Bottom