• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Lakitu

st5fu
Isn't it up one day later on the PS Store for Europe? Also dumb, of course.

Usually is but EA released the release times yesterday and we were supposed to get them between 3pm - 6pm GMT. Nothing. Now I downloaded something useless on the store and nothing's changed. The lack of communication from Sony, EA and DICE is shameful.

It's been kinda strange reading this thread. Got the game day one on Friday. All I've played is 64 conquest and only had one crash.

Could somebody help me? The server browser shows no servers. I set my filter to various options, but only occasionally will a server or two pop up. It's been like this since day 1 on my PS4, and now I'm starting to wonder if it is something on my end. My tablet also does not show any servers.

Could somebody help me? The server browser shows no servers. I set my filter to various options, but only occasionally will a server or two pop up. It's been like this since day 1 on my PS4, and now I'm starting to wonder if it is something on my end. My tablet also does not show any servers.

Not sure about the tablet not showing servers but my game brings up servers with nobody in them.

It seems that quick join is the only way to get into a populated game

Not sure about the tablet not showing servers but my game brings up servers with nobody in them.

It seems that quick join is the only way to get into a populated game

So it isn't just me? I had a suspicion that I was blocking ports or something. If I turn off all the filters it will show me 20 or so games, but I can't fine tune my search.

This game has been unplayable for me today. There's been rubberbanding and teleporting in every single match I've played, been going under the map, have started a match with a black screen and can only hear the sounds. I mean, what the fuck DICE! This is seriously the crappiest multiplayer Iaunch I've ever witnessed.

Grinchy

Banned
I got another code for the gold backpack in my E-mail, and it says to put it in even if you already have. When I try to put it in, it tells me it's already been used. lol

So, my multiplayer progress just reset to zero. My game hung while changing maps in MP, so I had to quit out and restart the game. When I got back in I had no unlocks. I opened Battlelog and the XP bar drained down to zero, one level at a time, until I was rank 0.

Any change I just need to resync with the server or something, or do I need to start over at rank 0? (I was only level 4, but still)

EDIT: Posted too soon. I restarted the game again and now my rank is back, as well as my unlocks.

StUnNeR H2K

It's been kinda strange reading this thread. Got the game day one on Friday. All I've played is 64 conquest and only had one crash.

I played last night no problems. I think it's just dependent on when you play, cause one time I logged on and it was a constant disconnect fest all day... so I gave up.

My campaign save is gone. It's happened before, but I wasn't far enough along that it bothered me. The campaign isn't compelling enough to replay it to the point I reached, especially with the possibility that it will just happen again. Fuck you, EA/DICE. Sign me up for the class-action suit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Are these impressions with the new patch? Get your act together EA. BF4 and NFS are the only games which consistently crash for me on PS4.

Cheech

Crashing is at an all time worst for me tonight. After matches, mid matches, before it starts. 5 times so far.

I had my first Conquest match of the night bite it. Played Rush, though, and I got through a match ok. Wonder if Conquest specifically is unstable.

i didnt't have a lot of problems until i tried to play the china rising maps yesterday.
i'm already a premium member but everytime i try to join a new map a message pops up
that tells me to download premium again.

anyone else having the same problem?!

btw. first post. hello gaf! :)

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Had a very good MP experience yesterday. Sorry to be a party pooper :D

But my single player progress is lost. It hadn't backup to the cloud yet. So I have to start the campaign over again.... Not sure I actually want to.

Nope, I'm sure I don't want too.

PirateKing

I was about to finish the single player, and then out of nowhere i got an error which i lost all my progress. I don't even want to talk about multiplayer crash after crash seriously i got pissed off and i returned the game.
I will never ever support DICE and EA again.

I was about to finish the single player, and then out of nowhere i got an error which i lost all my progress. I don't even want to talk about multiplayer crash after crash seriously i got pissed off and i returned the game.
I will never ever support DICE and EA again.

It's so frustrating buddy, I am with you. But the game is so bloody good, wish they fixed the problems soon enough!

M_A_C

i didnt't have a lot of problems until i tried to play the china rising maps yesterday.
i'm already a premium member but everytime i try to join a new map a message pops up
that tells me to download premium again.

anyone else having the same problem?!

btw. first post. hello gaf! :)

I'm having the same problem.

it's a nightmare trying to get in a game with buddies. this combined with constant crashes makes spending 120€ on a game abit hard :/

This was running pretty well for me most of the week but tonight has been a shit show. Another data corruption and more crashes tonight than than the previous week combined. If they don't have this sorted by Christmas break, I'm going to be writing EA a very sternly worded email.

Dartastic

Surprise surprise, I still can't play a game without it crashing. Granted, I only tried to play one game but THE FIRST GAME I TRIED TO PLAY TONIGHT CRASHED. THIS IS BULLSHIT. STILL.

HOOFUCKINGRAY, WE GET MORE XP. YET WE CAN'T GET THE XP BECAUSE THE GAME CRASHES. UGHHHH.

I seriously want my money back at this point.

kitch9

Banned
I played 3 hours last night.

Meh, it wasn't that bad. The sound bug is fucking annoying though, god knows how that got through testing.

PirateKing

It's so frustrating buddy, I am with you. But the game is so bloody good, wish they fixed the problems soon enough!

I really like the multiplayer in this game and Battlefield is my favourite FPS, but tbh I couldn't take it anymore. I have been playing games for more than 15 years, and I have never witnessed a broken game like this.

Has anyone lost their single player save from playing multiplayer ?

I got this game last week with the PS4 and was playing single player until yesterday when i decided to try out multiplayer , i got into Team Deathmatch with no problem and after that i quit out of the game and later on i go back in to play some more single player

To my surprise my saved game has gone and the game wants me to chose a difficulty level and start from scratch :-/

is there a fix for this or am i total screwed ?

the save is probably gone.

next time you start playing SP keep a USB stick handy and save your game to it every time you finish a few hours or after every chapter

i just used mine after realizing the cloud saves weren't restoring my progress

Dreaver

Hi guys, quick question. it has probably been asked a million times but I don't have time to skim the thread. How is the multiplayer situation right now? I can probably pick up a Playstation 4 next week, and the only think I consider picking up is Battlefield 4, but if the situation is still messed up I might wait with the PS4.

sith ewok

Earlier in the thread, I had said that after 8 hours or so of play on XB1, I had had no problems.

In the interest of fairness, the problems came on with a vengeance. My campaign save was erased and I have crashed out of many conquest matches. Not sure why I had no problems for so long, but last night the game was just an unplayable mess.

todahawk

Hi guys, quick question. it has probably been asked a million times but I don't have time to skim the thread. How is the multiplayer situation right now? I can probably pick up a Playstation 4 next week, and the only think I consider picking up is Battlefield 4, but if the situation is still messed up I might wait with the PS4.

dude, not trying to be an ass but try reading the posts above you...
you had time to make the post but can't be bothered to read the last page worth of posts that contain current info? c'mon man. takes 30 seconds.

The new patch is now up. Just got kicked out of multiplayer and now I'm installing, 608mb.

They mentioned it's only for the one hit kill bug and enabling sound in captures doesn't do anything for stability but they're "working on it" I've had a LOT more ce crashes since china rising. One probably every 3-4 maps it definitely effects the whole server when it happens it'll happen to me then all my friends in the game then when you go back to the server there's only a few people in it when there was just 64

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pains me to say it but you better wait til its fixed. In a month maybe?

New Patch Notes

DICE said:
We are now rolling out the new PS4 game update. You might be booted from ongoing games before you can reconnect to the new server versions that are rolling out at the same time. Change notes below.

NOTE: This small patch was pushed live as quickly as possible to deal primarily with the "one-hit kill" bug. We are already working on the next PS4 update that will contain more fixes and have a bigger focus on game stability. Stay tuned.

Dec 5 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
-Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

One-hit Kill Bug Explained
We are seeing reports from people that this is still present, with descriptions such as "I came around the edge of a building and died instantly". It is important to understand that this is not the One-hit Kill Bug, that is another issue that we are working on addressing. For this, it is important to understand how some of the interpretations made by the game happen so that you can understand the difference.

We saw an issue where a bullet travelling towards an opponent would cause damage in one frame, and then again in the next frame. Therefore bullets would cause 2x damage if they hit the target between these two frames. This issue has been addressed.

The issue of dying before you saw who shot you is a different beast. We use a term called Interpolation in reference to where you are in the game world. There are instances where the death camera is initiated before the correct internet packets have arrived to be interpolated by your camera. This gives the impression that you were killed by "one shot" as someone came around the corner of a building. We have identified this issue and will address it in upcoming updates.

todahawk

They mentioned it's only for the one hit kill bug and enabling sound in captures doesn't do anything for stability but they're "working on it" I've had a LOT more ce crashes since china rising. One probably every 3-4 maps it definitely effects the whole server when it happens it'll happen to me then all my friends in the game then when you go back to the server there's only a few people in it when there was just 64

had a bitch of a time finding any servers with more than one spot open in conquest or obliteration last night. most of the time the server browser would give me 4 DLC maps and two vanilla. lag and rubber banding like crazy last night and more crashes than normal. it then occurred to me that there was never a shortage of servers with the new DLC maps while i was searching but by a huge coincidence vanilla servers with more than one free slot were suddenly scarce. geez, trying to encourage us to upgrade to premium EA? fucking hell.

i also wonder if DICE is going to address the issue in obliteration where either by accident or on purpose the ground beneath the plant site gets blown to hell and then you can't plant the bomb because you can't reach the console. we've had to resort to piling shit up on occasion.

see5harp

Has anyone lost their single player save from playing multiplayer ?

I got this game last week with the PS4 and was playing single player until yesterday when i decided to try out multiplayer , i got into Team Deathmatch with no problem and after that i quit out of the game and later on i go back in to play some more single player

To my surprise my saved game has gone and the game wants me to chose a difficulty level and start from scratch :-/

is there a fix for this or am i total screwed ?

To be honest I thought I was one of the lucky ones, having gotten every single player trophy. Then I actually looked at the weapon unlocks and lo and behold the weapons unlocked from the first playthrough (which was corrupted), are not in my weapon unlocks. So to get those I'd need to play through for a third time. Lol NOPE.

Besides losing single player progress. before the update the multiplayer was fine for me and now after the update in multiplayer playing conquest the game just crash's which is very annoying and frustrating.

I absolutely love this game but man the crash's are really getting to me now and here i was thinking of buying the premium subscription for this game.

What a surprise. I take my ps4 out of standby and the patch isn't downloaded until the ps4 is turned on.

Seriously don't know what the point of standby is on this console.

todahawk

Besides losing single player progress. before the update the multiplayer was fine for me and now after the update in multiplayer playing conquest the game just crash's which is very annoying and frustrating.

I absolutely love this game but man the crash's are really getting to me now and here i was thinking of buying the premium subscription for this game.

Ugh, I know. I can't support shit like this as much as I like the game when it works.

*snip*

Top Bottom