• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyrat

Update 1.02 also includes fixes for 2 crashes to XMB which some may have encountered when creating Private Matches.
These kits are not available as part of the Dr Pepper promotion in North America on PlayStation 3.

Emphasis mine.

Are PS3 players in NA going to have to pay directly for these kits when 360 got them through Dr Pepper?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
keyrat said:
Emphasis mine.

Are PS3 players in NA going to have to pay directly for these kits when 360 got them through Dr Pepper?
Yup.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
keyrat said:
Emphasis mine.

Apparently, yes.

SMH DICE/EA/DR. PEPPER/SONY.

Jinaar

Has anyone experienced the strafing Apache fuckwads online? 360 user here and experienced last night for the first time one level 49 dick that circle strafed like a Quake2 bot our desert base and literally single handedly won the game for their team.

Harder then all hell to tag and bag with rocket. It circle strafes with the greatest of speeds. When we got it down in health, it would fly into the NO SAFE ZONE where I would run to, get 10 secs to try to tag it and then not have enough time to run back and I die. Yet the Helicopter each and every time made it back without issue.

This isn't the way helicopters should fly or how the game should be. And don't you dare call me a doubt my skills of tagging helicopters, its quite good but at these speeds you have to really be excellent.

Really spoiled the night for me. Won't be playing that Conquest map until they fix it.

I love me some DICE but FIX THIS! Only because I love the game do I put up with these issues. Might have to relax in the wild west in Red Dead Redemption if they cannot get this fixed up.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TTP said:
I prefer new game modes.

Same here. I spent hours and hours playing Horde mode in Gears. I am looking forward to it. I do wonder if the AI is going to fly vehicles as well. Hopefully it is coming out soon.

Razor210

1stStrike said:
Then, Razor hopped into the blackhawk and I was the gunner. This is how that went.

Razor: tell me where you need me to go

Me: dude get higher. You're in the wrong spot.

*boom*

:|

So my job is to just hold helis for GAFers until they can come pilot? Sounds good.

Though you stole the gunner spot from me that time lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dynamic3 said:
$5.50 for a new shade of brown for your character that you can't even see. No thanks. Even MW2 had free unlockable camo.

What makes it hilarious is that PC gets it for free. 360 (US, anyway) gets it for free. PS3 (US?) LOL GIVE US YOUR $5 BITCH

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Didn't DICE say they are trying a new business model where you get maps for free but they still get the money from extra costumes and stuff?

Seams reasonable to me?

I just got the 1.02 patch (Australia), but the store hasn't changed at all. Still no SPECACT.

And I'd love to see Rush versions of Panama Canal, White Pass, and Laguna Alta. I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before we get those.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
endlessflood said:
I just got the 1.02 patch, but the store hasn't changed at all. Still no SPECACT.

It's up on the PlayStation Store via search (in EU). Just downloaded and installed. It's a 100K unlock (actual content is in update 1.02).

TTP said:
Didn't DICE say they are trying a new business model where you get maps for free but they still get the money from extra costumes and stuff?

Seams reasonable to me?

Absolutely. I don't mind paying for aesthetics if gameplay content is free. That's how it should be.

Facism

Gold Member
TTP said:

Seams reasonable to me?

The right way of doing it if you absolutely have to charge for DLC on a 5 million selling product.

Pete Rock

Jinaar said:
Has anyone experienced the strafing Apache fuckwads online? 360 user here and experienced last night for the first time one level 49 dick that circle strafed like a Quake2 bot our desert base and literally single handedly won the game for their team.
Usually they have their gunner bail out and jack your crappier helicopter for double rape, so I guess it could have been worse! Apparently it's not as easy to do this on PC so the drunken circle strafe of apache spam is a bit of a console issue atm. That's also the reason he is a 49, it's pretty much the only way to rank up past 30 with any regularity, you need 5K games every time to even put a dent in it.

sw33tclyde said:
C4 is by far my favorite weapon.
I once saw Crisco C4 a rushing enemy quad in the middle of the road between the jungle shacks and the warehouse on Valparaiso, true story :lol

It was also interesting to see 18 sticks on a parked quad blow up an M-com station entirely, even though I didn't have time to drive it through the door! UAV C4 is a "dick move" but I do it all the time if our team can't keep a solid front line. Pop smoke on the crate on your way down following the laser designated missile, and double dip on every station with 6 sticks of C4 from one squad mate.

However, if the enemy defensive line is so porous that I can flood into the flanks with at least one other assault guy, you bet your sweet ass we are loading up an M-com with 12 sticks, arming and running away to the next one for the win.

The last time I did this manually was on Arica Harbor, last set with both crates in one building. As we were arming the C4 on the B crate upstairs on second floor, there were 4 wookies that I could see standing near the front of the structure. One of them was still on the MG, who had even shot at me as I was going for the long flank down the road split, and none of them could be bothered to turn around. So we both sat there without weapons out for about 20 seconds each, throwing sticks of C4 that make digital clicky noises when they land, about 15 feet behind a couple snipers. They deserved to lose and get stabbed in the back of the head :lol

Quite similarly, I was running past the B shack on Valparaiso last night and I heard someone scream the knife attack "want some of this?!" at a teammate in the building. His arrow blinked off the map and it was reported that he died via "death", which I assume was a quad running into him rather than the knife slash. Either way I poked around the corner, looked through the window onto the crate. There's an assault sitting on an ammo bag, clicking away at his 5th stick of C4. Pop a couple pistol rounds into the back of his skull and the threat is eliminated and the damage never happens. If I didn't check and I heard "B is taking damage get the fuck over there" ten seconds later I would have felt responsible.

Fersis said:
Lots of players want Co-Op modes these days, so i think its great to have it. (Though at release it would have been better)
Agreed, although I do like the sound of this being a bit of a practice area against AI. Half the time I want to get in some practice with some squad mates on a chopper, but if there's a solid crew I won't take priority over them any day. Then you have the people who will constantly take the chopper solo and fly it into a mountain, etc. A good old fashion comp stomp sounds pretty great on those tweaked maps, much much better than a co-op campaign patched in after the fact. If they did that I would have a hard time revisiting it even with a couple buddies, there's just nothing compelling about it.

endlessflood said:
And I'd love to see Rush versions of Panama Canal, White Pass, and Laguna Alta. I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before we get those.
Laguna has been out for a while but I'm definitely looking forward to the other two as well. The Conquest ticket/horn/apache nonsense pretty much keeps me away from the mode entirely, and those are great maps I've been missing out on.

Dynamic3

endlessflood said:
I just got the 1.02 patch (Australia), but the store hasn't changed at all. Still no SPECACT.

We are definitely going to seem them given how elongated the maps are (as you can see in the map kit from the BC2 site). It's sad that they are rolling them out one at a time, and to VIP members only, just to thwart used sales.

I'm a little pissed off at this point. It takes them ~2 months to get a patch to consoles, and not only do they not fix any of the bugs (including the invisible explosions, which actually have a significant impact on gameplay), but they take the balancing from one extreme to the next (helicopters go from overpowered to useless), all the while adding lag...and lied about it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dynamic3 said:
$5.50 for a new shade of brown for your character that you can't even see. No thanks. Even MW2 had free unlockable camo.
I meant the Co Op game mode.

jlevel13

Quick question about ping - it doesn't seem to be showing up anymore, right? It used to be that the fix was to run in admin mode on Vista, but since one of the recent updates (I'm not sure which, because I unfortunately haven't been playing too much), that doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Is there a setting I have wrong, or is it back to being broken?

Not a huge deal, since search by region seems to work and most people name their server after their city so you can probably get good results, but still, would be nice to be able to see the ping again...

Odrion

Banned
I can't believe Dice is juggling Medal of Honor's MP, Battlefield 3, and supporting this game at once.
TTP said:

Seams reasonable to me?
I think that means we'll never see new maps.

Dynamic3

Mr. Snrub said:
Absolutely. I don't mind paying for aesthetics if gameplay content is free. That's how it should be.

What content are you getting for free? VIP membership simply 'unlocks' new configurations of maps that shipped with the disc. It's not even 'better than what we started with' because 5 maps per mode is a joke. Once we get entirely new maps I'll shut my mouth, but I doubt that's coming soon seeing as we are only up to 6 maps per mode, and the next 'map pack' unlocks configurations for squad rush and dm (which no one plays).

They are simply masking a used sales deterrent with a 'free content' campaign.

Dynamic3 said:
What content are you getting for free? VIP membership simply 'unlocks' new configurations of maps that shipped with the disc. It's not even 'better than what we started with' because 5 maps per mode is a joke. Once we get entirely new maps I'll shut my mouth, but I doubt that's coming soon seeing as we are only up to 6 maps per mode, and the next 'map pack' unlocks configurations for squad rush and dm (which no one plays).

They are simply masking a used sales deterrent with a 'free content' campaign.

True, I'll only full believe it when they put their money where their mouth is, but the whole "DICE will never charge for BC2 maps" statement leans heavily in that direction.

Although it was funny how EA released a statement later that day regarding DICE's statement and basically said "Uuuh, yeah, we'll see how it goes."

U2NUMB

Glad the PS3 is getting the skins and weapons but seriously.. can we get an update on the 360 achievement issue? I would have rather paid for them then that stupid Dr Pepper promotion which just messed everything up.

Wthermans

Banned
TTP said:

Seams reasonable to me?
Not when you selectively give the content to other platforms for free. I honestly wish the internet had never been invented with the way that gaming is quickly turning into an effort to see how much the devs/publishers can nickel and dime their consumers.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Yeah, try that and be stuck in a respawn loop because you joined in progress. :lol
Yeah, luckily I got a couple of quick invites after failing to stop the GAF TSUNAMI on Arica Harbor.

TheSeks said:
Actually, I kinda prefer it to be singleplayer. Lets people pester me over PSN and let me pause the game to check messages and stuff. :lol

It's not bad for a "Zelda" homage/clone. I'm enjoying it so far.
Cool, still waffling on wether i should pick it up or not. I was hoping they'd have an online/offline co-op mode similar to Demon's Souls.

BTW, I only have the 4 coms in a round pin and 16 more kills on d2.0 left... but a bunch of badges obviously (only level 27) but I almost have all bronzes.

I should be on at least a bit tonight, hopefully before midnight EST. If not thursday and friday night for sure (taking a four day weekend, i'm burned out at work).

Wthermans

Banned
Maxirugi said:
On the subject of Onslaught PC:

Source: EA Forums

Also on that page:
I guess they better get rid of Squad Rush too then since it effectively cuts servers from 24 (or 32) slots to 8. Lame excuse is lame DICE. People won't shut down their Conquest/Rush servers to switch to this new mode 24/7 (especially since BF AI is ages behind the rest of the FPS genre). Instead people will contract with the server provider and open a seperate smaller server.

LOL @ everyone that thought DICE was the PC-savior after the MW2 Dedicated Server fiasco. They're just as bad as every other console-centric dev out there.

Wthermans said:
I guess they better get rid of Squad Rush too then since it effectively cuts servers from 24 (or 32) slots to 8. Lame excuse is lame DICE. People won't shut down their Conquest/Rush servers to switch to this new mode 24/7 (especially since BF AI is ages behind the rest of the FPS genre). Instead people will contract with the server provider and open a seperate smaller server.
Seriously. There's plenty of Squad Rush servers out there to prove that there will be server hosting for the mode. No one is going to switch from 32 players to 4 either. That's just stupid. New servers will be rented.

8 player servers are 10 bucks a month. So it should be only 5 bucks a month? I can't see server renters not being able to afford that (on top of their regular servers)...

We haven't given up on a PC version of Onslaught as I say, just we have a lot things to work out first.

There is hope.

Wthermans

Banned
Tempted to make a Twitter account and ask Kertz how long until Squad Rush servers get taken offline since they're causing players to have fewer Rush and Conquest servers. :lol

Fersis

Wthermans said:
Tempted to make a Twitter account and ask Kertz how long until Squad Rush servers get taken offline since they're causing players to have fewer Rush and Conquest servers. :lol
I think thats Demize99, Bazajaytee is the author of that quote.

Wthermans

Banned
Fersis said:
I think thats Demize99, Bazajaytee is the author of that quote.
It is, but Kertz is the only that ever responds to BC2 questions on Twitter. Plus I'd like to see what kind of snarky comment he can come up with (if he even knows---or cares that PC isn't getting the content). :D

Mr Sandman said:
Seriously. There's plenty of Squad Rush servers out there to prove that there will be server hosting for the mode. No one is going to switch from 32 players to 4 either. That's just stupid. New servers will be rented.

8 player servers are 10 bucks a month. So it should be only 5 bucks a month? I can't see server renters not being able to afford that (on top of their regular servers)...

We haven't given up on a PC version of Onslaught as I say, just we have a lot things to work out first.

There is hope.
sounds like they and/or their server provider partners are afraid that many people will simply switch to Onslaught instead of going for an additional server for Onslaught, which would mean less money for them.

CozMick

Banned
£4 for 4 skins?

Are Dice for fucking real?

And don't come to me with this "you're getting free maps packs instead" bullshit, because that shit ain't gonna work with me.

Loxley

The Faceless Master said:
sounds like they and/or their server provider partners are afraid that many people will simply switch to Onslaught instead of going for an additional server for Onslaught, which would mean less money for them.

Based on the quote from the forums, I'd say this is most likely the reason :/

Fersis

Wthermans said:
It is, but Kertz is the only that ever responds to BC2 questions on Twitter. Plus I'd like to see what kind of snarky comment he can come up with (if he even knows---or cares that PC isn't getting the content). :D
Nah, Bazajaytee reponds pretty often.
But yeah Demize99 always has a snarky comment ready to go. :D

CozMick said:
£4 for 4 skins?

And don't come to me with this "you're getting free maps packs instead" bullshit, because that shit ain't gonna work with me.
And what about: Its totally optional and it doesnt give you any kind of advantages... besides trophies.

Ok when did this game get so fucking shitty. Where did this lag come from? why is it all of the sudden laggy? WTF? I would rather see the servers get shutdown for maintenance than play in some laggy games. Plus it is just me or did people get dumber in this game?

First Uncharted 2 screws up it's perfect online mode with the COD tard patch, then this game all of the sudden gets laggy, gets shittier players, and gets more camping snipers and then they release some phantom ass patches where it would greatly be appreaciated if you told us when this server side patch got released and which weapons got rebalanced.

CozMick said:
£4 for 4 skins?

"And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed."

BTW that's nice and all that your are releasing these new modes and cropped maps for free, but I would pay for some original good rush maps. so far the only decent and balanced maps is Arica and Valdez, everything else is complete shit.

1stStrike

Banned
Razor: no your job is to shoot things for me :p

I think, for now, I'm just going to stop worrying about the patches and just enjoy the game. I played a bit more tonight (I can only play FF13 for so long before I get bored of the corridors) and the lag seems better.

I've been spoiled though. I hate not playing with gaffers. All these fucking retards that are running around like, "derrr what's an mcom?" and shit piss me off. I topped the charts all night and my team lost all but 2 games :|

I did play with some lvl 4 gaffer for a bit and he kept coming in last cause he was wookying with an M24 doing not a damn thing in the back. If my mic wasn't packed...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
CozMick said:
£4 for 4 skins?

not important for gameplay, that's all

Rapping Granny said:
Ok when did this game get so fucking shitty. Where did this lag come from? why is it all of the sudden laggy? WTF? I would rather see the servers get shutdown for maintenance than play in some laggy games. Plus it is just me or did people get dumber in this game?

First Uncharted 2 screws up it's perfect online mode with the COD tard patch, then this game all of the sudden gets laggy, gets shittier players, and gets more camping snipers and then they release some phantom ass patches where it would greatly be appreaciated if you told us when this server side patch got released and which weapons got rebalanced.

Is it STILL lagging? Sigh, I think I'm staying away until this clears up. Yesterday proved far too frustrating to play with all the skipping, rubberbanding, missing doorways, screen "blinking," ammo packs not coming out, etc. etc.

you all know that you can do the same mass effect dr.pepper code hack for the BC2 DLC right?

let me know and i'll post the details on getting all the dr.pepper skin pack free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom