• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Demize99 said:
Are you having lag in BFBC2? Tweet me with your Platform, your ISP, and the time you're experiencing lag so we can fix it faster.

Go go go!

I need you guys to post your ISP (Internet Service Provider) too!

For the ones without Twiter accounts please post this and i will send it to Bazajaytee:
Platform:
Region:
Time:
ISP:

ie:

Platform: PS3
Country/Region: US/East Coast
Time: 8PM - 10PM
ISP: AOL (lolz)

Thank you guys!

UPDATE:
This is what we have to do tonight, ill make or find a game and then you guys will have to join me and see if theres lag.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Faceless Master said:
http://gameinformer.com/blogs/editors/b/gibertz_blog/archive/2010/05/26/show-me-the-maps.aspx

SHOTS FIRED @ DICE

i agree with some of what they said. i would love more maps, but anyone who needs "MOAR GUNZ" in order to keep playing, i'm glad they unlock fast, go play your precious unlocking meta-game then go fuck off. the real game begins *after* you have all the items unlocked.
I agree with that article. I want more. (I also agree with you)
I freaking love the game!

Pete Rock

SHOTS FIRED @ DICE

i agree with some of what they said. i would love more maps, but anyone who needs "MOAR GUNZ" in order to keep playing, i'm glad they unlock fast, go play your precious unlocking meta-game then go fuck off. the real game begins *after* you have all the items unlocked.
Heh, that graph exactly mirrors my time spent with the game exactly. Couldn't play it at all for the first week, irregularly for the second, then a pretty solid month and it all starts going to shit again.

Agreed on the issue of unlocks, people hung up on that mentality are playing for the wrong reason, especially in a BF game. Aside from the map delays they'd do well to look at what Bungie does with player customization, also skipping a busted skins-for-sodas tie in might help, then think of rolling out a Battlefield Recorder the next time around. Jamming back + start or some obscure combination to take a screenshot you can't even access... ok :lol

Cornbread78

Alrighty, hopefully, I can actually get into a GAF game on a weekend, LOL. I'm playing a little KZ2 tonight first (Damn KZ3 screen shots have me inspired all over again) then it's kill time w/ y'all. Yes, it will be a late night tonight, no soccer in the morn!

BTW, I haven't had any lag all week, other then when I'm flying a heli or shooting from a heli.

Oh and I talk in games, I'm not good enough to talk too much shit, but, I'll whine liek a champ when I get sniped with an uzi or a ump by some NOOB a mile away.

1stStrike

Banned
FINAL-FUCKING-LLLLY

I got that god damn flag defender pin. It fucking lies. I sat at charlie on laguna alta and killed mofo's. Got 8, count them, 8 kills in a row before I got it. Got myself a cool 17k points that round thanks to that damn pin. Took me forever to get. Now I don't need to worry about that shit anymore.

Also, you better log on early if you want a spot in the leet squad Cornbread (aka mine). :D

Anyway, time to be productive and get this chapter out of the way -- then I'll be back on to get knifed and absorb bullets for you guys (and steal tanks)

Fersis

Tonight as soon as you see me playing BFBC2 join me. (Specially if you are in the east coast)

EDIT: Also my guess is that next week they will release VIP Map Pack #3, Onslaught Mode and the PC patch.

todahawk

Fersis said:
Tonight as soon as you see me playing BFBC2 join me. (Specially if you are in the east coast)

EDIT: Also my guess is that next week they will release VIP Map Pack #3, Onslaught Mode and the PC patch.

if they were smart they'd do it for this weekend (memorial day weekend in the US)

Cornbread78

Lag help:

Country/Region: US/East Coast
Time: 10PM-3AM
ISP: Comcast
NOTE: Only when flying/riding Heli's

Also, in regards to 2.0. We should try to load about 20 sticks on C-4 onto a Heli and fly it into one of the buildings... That should cause a quick and easy 2.0, only questions would be on who would get the kill credit!

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Alrighty, hopefully, I can actually get into a GAF game on a weekend, LOL. I'm playing a little KZ2 tonight first (Damn KZ3 screen shots have me inspired all over again) then it's kill time w/ y'all. Yes, it will be a late night tonight, no soccer in the morn!

BTW, I haven't had any lag all week, other then when I'm flying a heli or shooting from a heli.

Oh and I talk in games, I'm not good enough to talk too much shit, but, I'll whine liek a champ when I get sniped with an uzi or a ump by some NOOB a mile away.

FL = FULL!!!! :p

so what went wrong the last time with you guys colluding to get 2.0's?

i don't see what's so hard about getting those destruction 2.0 kills if you have a full squad rush game of people colluding on atacama desert 2nd segment.

just get the enemy team to go to the roof of a 2 story building, then use 4 C4's in the + shape and the building falls.

OR ... you guys could just ... earn them!

it's not that hard to get them naturally, i have 26 on PS3 and i haven't even played the PS3 version in over a month, and i have almost 60 on 360.

todahawk

Fersis said:
Go go go!

I need you guys to post your ISP (Internet Service Provider) too!

Region: US/Midwest (Ohio)
Time: 12AM-2AM
ISP: Cincinnati Bell

Had lag when i first jumped on at midnight, did a "play now" in conquest and it was absolutely unplayable. Massive rubberbanding and teleporting. I know it just wasn't me because a couple of minutes in an no one had scored a kill and people started bailing.

Finally was able to join Olimpia's game (Reckless hopped in too) and other than a few small pockets of "normal" lag the rest of the evening was fine (not counting the heli rape on Atamaca)

todahawk

i don't see what's so hard about getting those destruction 2.0 kills if you have a full squad rush game of people colluding on atacama desert 2nd segment.

just get the enemy team to go to the roof of a 2 story building, then use 4 C4's in the + shape and the building falls.

it's not that hard to get them naturally, i have 26 on PS3 and i haven't even played the PS3 version in over a month, and i have almost 60 on 360.

We need to try again on PS3, I've been trying on Atamaca and Whitepass and I'm just not getting them. I just missed a handful last night, I guess i get too caught up in chasing objectives.

1stStrike

Banned

8bitgeorge got two of them on nelson bay yesterday when we were playing. If you use engineer/40mm grenades/recon C4 you'll get a bunch eventually. Just bombard all the buildings people run into.

The only thing that sucks about C4 is 9 times out of 10 you'll kill the guy with the C4 rather than the building. I lost a lot of 2.0 kills like that.

Violater

Fersis said:

About what time you rekon?

And Strike dammit every gaf game you guys play the other team quits out, I have been trying to be get on the other team so I can collect some scalps with no success :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fersis said:

Is that based on any info or just a guess? This weekend would have been perfect. Next week is the MW2 map pack, right? So I would guess EA would go head to head with that.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
FL = FULL!!!! :p

LOL, alright, alright... I was only on for 5 mins yest. (2 job day) I'll fix it tonight, there are a couple guys that haven't been on for awhile, so they are the first to go... It'll be done by 11pm Est.

1stStrike

Banned
Violater said:
About what time you rekon?

And Strike dammit every gaf game you guys play the other team quits out, I have been trying to be get on the other team so I can collect some scalps with no success :lol

Me and Razor knifed each other the other day. I only need 2 more now :D

I can't really help with the quitting thing... I mean, we own them and then they rage quit. Every now and then we get to fight a clan or two that put up a good challenge, but we usually beat them too and then they leave as well.

I don't know :(

Fersis

dskillzhtown said:
Is that based on any info or just a guess? This weekend would have been perfect. Next week is the MW2 map pack, right? So I would guess EA would go head to head with that.
Nah just a guess.

Pretty awesome last night at Arica Harbor:
I was swimming by the harbor when i saw two other enemy gaffers swimming towards me, we had a race to some ladder.... a gaffer won but then he fell!
I killed both :D

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:

I can't really help with the quitting thing... I mean, we own them and then they rage quit. Every now and then we get to fight a clan or two that put up a good challenge, but we usually beat them too and then they leave as well.

Next time I get put on the other team I'll send you a message and tell you where I'm hiding, so you can stab me in a back...

Violater

1stStrike said:

Ohh that Ace-Swat clan we played against, I got a tonne of messages calling me fag and pussy after, to which I replied lots of hugs and kisses :lol

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
LOL, alright, alright... I was only on for 5 mins yest. (2 job day) I'll fix it tonight, there are a couple guys that haven't been on for awhile, so they are the first to go... It'll be done by 11pm Est.

You've got less than 11 hours!

I've made zero progress on the damn destruction 2.0 kills. I setup a text chat this morning so we can coordinate, once you have room on your FL i'll send you an invite for it, the first batch of guys that did some d2.0 kills said it was really helpful if the party is split up.

Oh man, I totally forgot about this game. I had it, nephews scratched it and then I sold it :)lol). I didn't even miss it because of all the other great games coming out, but now that I don't have a solid multiplayer game to play, I really miss BC2. :(

Fersis

Thank you guys for all the info!

I will send it to Bazajaytee tomorrow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Clearly just not skilled or intelligent enough. ^_^

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
You've got less than 11 hours!

I've made zero progress on the damn destruction 2.0 kills. I setup a text chat this morning so we can coordinate, once you have room on your FL i'll send you an invite for it, the first batch of guys that did some d2.0 kills said it was really helpful if the party is split up.

Yes, yes, yes, LOL send me a PSN message and remind/harass me there as well, sometimes I go all ADD and forget, LOL.

Exactly. just join a few games until you find one that is almost empty, then everyone crashes that server at the same time. Once that happens, it's 2.0 PARTY time..text chat would be VERY helpful.

I still have to play KZ2 first though, I've been itching to play for a couple rounds...

Cornbread78

shintoki said:
Clearly just not skilled or intelligent enough. ^_^

Normally, I might be slightly offended, but 2.0 kills have come by more luck then skill, so I'll dismiss that. Plus, it's more fun to squad up, blow the crap outta each other with C-4, and screw around a bit. This is how classic moments happen.....

IceMarker

Haven't played BC2 in weeks, still waiting on the damn PC patch that's supposed to fix everything. Goddamnit Dice get off your asses or work faster for my selfish enjoyment. :lol

Fersis

Ok guys i need 7 PS3 gaffers going online right now.

1stStrike

Banned
Just got off a few hour session. I'm tired and shit. Had a few good games, a few bad ones, but I think we won just about all of them (as usual).

We were attacking in Valparisio and doing well, but my jack ass dog had to go out (again, as usual) and when I came back I had been kicked for inactivity, so at that point I just quit in disgust. Gonna take a break, but I might be on later tonight.

Also, it seems that at least once a day I get to on a knifing spree on the right of A in the first set of MCOM's on nelson bay. I just sit there and wait. 3 or 4 guys roll up and then I drop down like a ninja and stabby stab them all. It's hilarious. :lol

Getting better and better, at least. Hard to recover from how I played when I first started though :p

Ocho

Man.. was I lucky today getting a lot of 2.0 Destruction kills.

10 more to go.

By the way, last night I was killed by DEATH. How the F did that happen?

"So, how did you get killed?"
"Death. That's what killed me."

My stats:
ps3_the8bitgeorge.png

1stStrike

Banned
8bitgeorge said:

10 more to go.

Bizarre.

btw, you registered April of last year and you're STILL a junior member? You're slacking.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
8bitgeorge said:

10 more to go.

I got one of those too. I dropped a helicopter at someone on a turret.

1stStrike

Banned
lol my k/d ratio is so sad in comparison. My w/l ratio is like 2.07 or something now, though. Much better on attacking than defending, myself.

MrPing1000 said:
I got my copy today for a measely £15.

Hows the single player? :p

Generic and really not all that interesting. Skip it and go for the multi. Even if you buy a VIP code you're still saving money.

Just got out of a long playing session (probably the longest since I got the game). The first 2 servers were lagging and all that good stuff we come to expect from Bad Company 2 but the third one I joined was PERFECT. I didn't even wanna leave even after I got tired of playing I didn't leave because servers like that are rare in BC2.

I gotta say SMG own everything. Man before the game came out I thought I would play the Assault the most but man the engineer with an awesome SMG and the beast called Gustav just destroys everything.

Man this game is so awesome when it actually works, too bad that's not very often in my case.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
My stats are okay,

ps3_AzRim904.png

I perform much better defending than attacking.

Okay? A fair bit better than mine!

ps3_todahawk.png

My W/L is up to 2.07 (was 2.10 before last night!) and my K/D is crawling up, currently at .92

BTW- does anyone have a link to the most recent weapon damage charts?

I was playing with Reckless last night... went 5-4 (FffUUUUUUUUUk) and I was using the M95 with magnum ammo and the ACOG and I hit about 8 guys in the upper chest at medium range. I know they nerfed it a bit but I was still surprised I didn't get a single 1 shot kill...
*shrug*
guess i gotta go for all headshots...

leng jai

Got DC'ed a LOT yesterday. What happens to your stats if you leave in the middle of a game? Do they still count? I'm assuming you don't get any pins.

Deadlock

Hopefully that article will hope push the chances for some new maps. I would really like some new ones, and the time released content is a pretty weak concept IMO. Still a sweet game though. If the effort was put into this game like some other companies do, lets say Bungie for example, the Bad Company series could be something really special. Whatever happened to 1943? Maybe they have better plans in the future?

Anyways, back to trying to get all golds.

360 crew, hit me up if ya wanna join me and a few Battle Bros. GT: Deadlock 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom