• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:
Luckily ticket count and ticket bleed are going to be adjustable in the next patch, which will hopefully make holding bases more important to players.

Not on consoles. ;___; If it is, I'll be really fucking surprised.

Ticket Bleed has been in all BF's since 1942. Because Conquest is a STAPLE of the series. Why the hell DICE made it into "Team Deathmatch with flags" is beyond me. But they really should fix that shit. Maybe no where near as insane as "once all flags are taken, you have 10 seconds to cap" like BC1's (because BC1's maps had 5-6 flags to cap at a time so getting them all = FUCK YOU YOU SUCK, WE WIN), but it needs to happen a lot faster than it does now (IF IT DOES AT ALL).

1stStrike

Banned
Captain Pants said:
That was on Valparaiso. That is the highest I've gotten on the attacking team. Sometimes on defense I can rack up more than that, but it is rare.

My highest kill count ever was on Laguna Presa. I had a kill score of over 5k and Crakatak had a kill score of over 10k. And we still lost that game, somehow.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
greenjerk said:
Yeah but the damn thing was fine until the first patch.
Yup thats the worst thing.
The game run perfect until the 'balance patch'.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
greenjerk said:
Hell yeah! Man, I could think of lots of interesting ideas for special vehicles, emplacements or what have you...

Didn't BF 1942 conquest mode do ticket drain based on the number of flags held? It's been a long time but I swear I thought it did. You get all three and you're in deep shit. I remember conquest being a lot more about holding and taking the flags. Definitely way too many players using it as team death match.

How is it now exactly? I am still confused about how it exactly works now.

dskillzhtown said:
I think now it's basically deathmatch with flags acting as spawns. of course that's what you get for gimping the mode from the 8-9 flags the series has been known for to 3 !!

Raide

dskillzhtown said:

It still works the same way, yet the amount reduced it less. (It actually feels like more if you get a team holding all the flags. Games can be over too quickly sometimes.) This seems to be because having Medics running around actually refunds those tickets, so they had to tweak the way conquest works.

TheThunder said:
I think now it's basically deathmatch with flags acting as spawns. of course that's what you get for gimping the mode from the 8-9 flags the series has been known for to 3 !!

Bad Company was never known for conquest.

Raide said:
It still works the same way, yet the amount reduced it less. (It actually feels like more if you get a team holding all the flags. Games can be over too quickly sometimes.) This seems to be because having Medics running around actually refunds those tickets, so they had to tweak the way conquest works.

The advantage just isn't as pronounced. If you got all the bases in BF2, your team's tickets would bleed FAST.

No_Style

TheThunder said:

Please don't make it seem like that was never the case in a BF game. All you have to do is look back on BF2's Strike on Karkand and how infuriating it was to have the majority of your team prone on the hills over watching Flag A.

Also, on the subject of how the ticket bleed works. From what I've seen, there is ticket bleeding, but it's not as rapid until kills are factored in. It seems like the more kills you get the more tickets are taken off when you hold more flags.

Maybe I'm crazy though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
No_Style said:
Please don't make it seem like that was never the case in a BF game. All you have to do is look back on BF2's Strike on Karkand and how infuriating it was to have the majority of your team prone on the hills over watching Flag A.

Also, on the subject of how the ticket bleed works. From what I've seen, there is ticket bleeding, but it's not as rapid until kills are factored in. It seems like the more kills you get the more tickets are taken off when you hold more flags.

Maybe I'm crazy though.

I am confused by it because I have been in games where my team held 2 out of 3 flags, yet our ticker was bleeding faster. We were being the aggressor, trying to get that last flag and dying alot because of it at the time because the other team outnumbers our attack force since they all were spawning on that one point.

I am not a big fan of how it is working now. Either way, I do wish they would explain how it works now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
coolcole93 said:
A bunch of us could go into a private match and figure it out?
Just an idea.

Good luck getting 8 people to be on at the same time and willing to join a private match Conquest game.

Private matches have been stupid decisions for DICE, requiring 8+ players to even START them. I guess because the private matches are on their servers but COME ON.

Flares from upcoming PC patch?

flares.jpg

EDIT: Nm

No_Style

dskillzhtown said:
I am confused by it because I have been in games where my team held 2 out of 3 flags, yet our ticker was bleeding faster. We were being the aggressor, trying to get that last flag and dying alot because of it at the time because the other team outnumbers our attack force since they all were spawning on that one point.

I am not a big fan of how it is working now. Either way, I do wish they would explain how it works now.

Your description is exactly why I believe kills are being factored in which I am a fan of. If you can recover tickets in Conquest via medics, that's even better. But yeah, I agree that they should have made an effort to explain it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Good luck getting 8 people to be on at the same time and willing to join a private match Conquest game.

Private matches have been stupid decisions for DICE, requiring 8+ players to even START them. I guess because the private matches are on their servers but COME ON.
Its done to save up server slots.

thefreshjive

Neo Member
dskillzhtown said:

You guys were just being killed at a exponentially faster rate than their ticket bleed. Being too greedy man.:lol Unless you are with a team that knows how to properly spawn rape or is just really good at killing in general, it's not a bad idea to just go on the defensive once you gain the tactical advantage (i.e. 2/3 or 3/4 flags capped) That way, you wait for them and battle on your own spawn.
IMHO it seems pretty logical to me. Obviously everybody has their own tactics and theories.

TheSeks said:
Not on consoles. ;___; If it is, I'll be really fucking surprised.

Ticket Bleed has been in all BF's since 1942. Because Conquest is a STAPLE of the series. Why the hell DICE made it into "Team Deathmatch with flags" is beyond me. But they really should fix that shit. Maybe no where near as insane as "once all flags are taken, you have 10 seconds to cap" like BC1's (because BC1's maps had 5-6 flags to cap at a time so getting them all = FUCK YOU YOU SUCK, WE WIN), but it needs to happen a lot faster than it does now (IF IT DOES AT ALL).
yeah, double assault conquest > head on conquest

Mr. Snrub said:

The advantage just isn't as pronounced. If you got all the bases in BF2, your team's tickets would bleed FAST.
BC1 conquest mode was boss. even the tiny Ascension map was fairly non-linear! and in BC1, there were no uncappable spawn points, though the starting bases took twice as long to cap as the open flags. if you had all the flags uncontested, the other team would lose in about 10 seconds on a full ticket bar. that was boss.

todahawk

Strider2K99 said:
From the looks of it, all those Dr. Pepper bottles I bought for SPECACT won't work for PC.

Fuck you DICE/EA. ;_;

+1 for the same shit on PS3, gave my bottlecaps away to a 360 BC2 owner... never doing that shit again until i know for sure they're carrying through with the promo.

Az

Yea I went out and rented the new Prince of Persia game due to the horrible lag. Hope it gets better tonight.

methane47

Jumped in a game tonite and was on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF GAF...

wow that went TERRIBLE not only was the lag the WORST i've experienced... it was also soo painfull playing against you guys.... I still broke even k/d: 25-25 though on that last map that I played... and the first one in the desert I was trying to be a good squadie and was spawning as medic and stuff.. and i believe i was k/d: 2-8 ... then near the end of the game (i joined late) I said.. screw it.. RECON GO! went on a little mound and started sniping the bridge... got myself maybe 10 kills in just the last 3 minutes or so hahah :)

STILL SUCKS playing against you guys though

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Yea I went out and rented the new Prince of Persia game due to the horrible lag. Hope it gets better tonight.

I just can't believe they don't have someone who can tell us what the hell is going on. I know Fersis or someone said they're down to two candidates for the Comm. Mgr. position but you'd think someone at some level would understand how serious this is
gaming is serious dammit
and do some PR and/or damage control. Fingers crossed they fix this soon.

Am I the only one not just concerned about BC2, but concerned about EA's support of their upcoming MP titles like Medal of Honor, etc.?

Az

greenjerk said:
I just can't believe they don't have someone who can tell us what the hell is going on. I know Fersis or someone said they're down to two candidates for the Comm. Mgr. position but you'd think someone at some level would understand how serious this is
gaming is serious dammit
and do some PR and/or damage control. Fingers crossed they fix this soon.

Am I the only one not just concerned about BC2, but concerned about EA's support of their upcoming MP titles like Medal of Honor, etc.?

Yea man I am kind of looking forward to MOH. I am having a couple of drinks right now and should be on in a bit.

1stStrike said:
When Fersis lags, nobody else does lol. Several gaffers on and it's been perfect tonight.
I guess it comes down to the matchmaking system: if somebody hits "Play Now" on consoles then presumably they're put onto the nearest server that has an available slot. If somebody "Joins" a friend, then presumably they're put onto whichever server that person is already on. So if PS3 GAFers are on a US West Coast server, and Fersis "Joins" them, he'll be put onto a US West Coast server right? He'd have a very laggy game in that case while everyone else would have a normal connection, right?

Fersis what happens if you don't bother trying to play with GAFers and just hit "Play Now" instead? Does that fix your lag problems?

yeah, that's how it works. when you hit play now, it matches you to something close to you.

like when i see StayUp online and join, sometimes it's a little bit laggy because i assume i get connected to an australian or asian server (and many of the usernames seem to conirm this) but it's still playable.

when there are server problems, even on local servers, it's way worse, because i'm always rubber banding and teleporting. when i play on a foreign server, the worst i have to worry about is shooting first and still losing because of the slight lag.

1stStrike

Banned
methane47 said:

wow that went TERRIBLE not only was the lag the WORST i've experienced... it was also soo painfull playing against you guys.... I still broke even k/d: 25-25 though on that last map that I played... and the first one in the desert I was trying to be a good squadie and was spawning as medic and stuff.. and i believe i was k/d: 2-8 ... then near the end of the game (i joined late) I said.. screw it.. RECON GO! went on a little mound and started sniping the bridge... got myself maybe 10 kills in just the last 3 minutes or so hahah :)

I really wanted to knife you. I kept trying for it, but there were so many medics that I kept shooting you and then I'd be like, "FUCK, I killed Methane again... I need his dog tags." :lol

Then you went recon and I shot you again cause I was looking for a medic. I was just like, "Grr"

Never did knife you :(

We had some good games tonight, but lost the last two (attacking on arica harbor and defending on port valdez) because our team was pretty stupid. We were losing tickets pretty much by the second on arica harbor and on port valdez people were just doing stupid shit (like some douche taking the helicopter when it was obvious he couldn't fly it and getting shot down in 15 seconds, someone shooting the mcom instead of disarming it, etc.)

I even stole their tank, but our team couldn't keep them away and I got C4'd from behind and then they stole our helicopter (but I shot it down and then proceeded to crash it and blow it up trying to set it down in our base on the hill thanks to all the trees... not my best decision of the day)

Ocho

methane47 said:

I even changed teams to help you and I almost planted the bomb twice, but the team was doing stupid stuff over at spawn... so I quit and joined RL for once. :p

288xod3.jpg

i was supposed to post this some days ago...

tank rape on atacama desert! i was behind the russian base spawn camping and shooting their chopper down.

been getting an increased amount of hate messages and teabags too...

1stStrike

Banned
8bitgeorge said:
I even changed teams to help you and I almost planted the bomb twice, but the team was doing stupid stuff over at spawn... so I quit and joined RL for once. :p

I wanted to knife you too, but I accidently shot you as well :(

Az

Just played with toda, first my friends game kicked him, now my game froze. So I am done for tonight... Other games were good though, good wins.

Mr. Snrub said:
It is a Battlefield game as such it should have the classic mode.

No_Style said:

Maybe I'm crazy though.

No it was not actually. You had to cap more flags to make the other team lose faster and for your Strike at Karkand example, the US team starts with their ticket counter already bleeding whether some one dies or not so they better start capping some flags.

I was surprised they switched me to another team on Valparaiso. I was on the other team before Valparaiso and I was kicking ass. After I left the team collapsed. Those level 44 and 45 guy sucked. I would expect these guys to be game changers.

Shred0r

Banned
...i am considering to share my spare Starcraft 2 EU beta key for a downloadable (steam/ea/whatever) copy of BFBC2. If anyone's interested, pm me.
PS: I got a Athlon X2 cranked up @ 2.4 GHz and would want to know if it's still a pain-in-the-ass to play with such a crappy dual core cpu after the latest patch (speaking of a 32 player match here).

PS: Please to not consider my post as spam.

:)

i just witnessed the single worst act of cowardice in my entire life!!!

so, we're on defense, it's me, somnific and StayUp along with i guess random people, i didn't recognize anyone else on our team

so we're on the second set of crates, fighting a hard defensive battle. the attackers have about 10 tickets left. B has already fallen. A has a sliver of life left from c4 attacks, etc. the enemy tank rolls right up to A, and fires to try and hit inside, he misses, so i (recon with saiga, extra ammo, bigger tubes and mortar strike) RUN UP TO THE TANK, stand right in front of the cannon jumping, hoping to absorb the shot, giving my team a crucial few seconds to do something, since i can;t do shit.

AND HE BAILS ON HIS TANK!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

so, we clean hold it down and win. i had to post this mid-game on Laguna Presa just because i'm soooo glad that guy isn't on my team!

Shred0r

Banned
This is a fucking outright work refusal right there!!! *bails out in fear of a C4 delivery*

Would love to watch something like this myself and blast that guy with a load of lead in his "behind" while he's on his sissy run from danger zone.

Shred0r said:
...i am considering to share my spare Starcraft 2 EU beta key for a downloadable (steam/ea/whatever) copy of BFBC2. If anyone's interested, pm me.
PS: I got a Athlon X2 cranked up @ 2.4 GHz and would want to know if it's still a pain-in-the-ass to play with such a crappy dual core cpu after the latest patch (speaking of a 32 player match here).

PS: Please to not consider my post as spam.

:)
i thought the beta keys were worthless now that people can get one when they preorder... or is that only in the USA?

Shred0r said:
This is a fucking outright work refusal right there!!! *bails out in fear of a C4 delivery*

Would love to watch something like this myself and blast that guy with a load of lead in his "behind" while he's on his sissy run from danger zone.
Ballistictiger said:
People bailing out without any C4 on tanks :lol

I haven't seen that yet sadly.
it's so sad, he only needed one shot, wtf man, take the shot, die and at least you move on to the next set of crates!

StayUp

The Faceless Master said:
i just witnessed the single worst act of cowardice in my entire life!!!

so, we're on defense, it's me, somnific and StayUp along with i guess random people, i didn't recognize anyone else on our team

so we're on the second set of crates, fighting a hard defensive battle. the attackers have about 10 tickets left. B has already fallen. A has a sliver of life left from c4 attacks, etc. the enemy tank rolls right up to A, and fires to try and hit inside, he misses, so i (recon with saiga, extra ammo, bigger tubes and mortar strike) RUN UP TO THE TANK, stand right in front of the cannon jumping, hoping to absorb the shot, giving my team a crucial few seconds to do something, since i can;t do shit.

AND HE BAILS ON HIS TANK!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

so, we clean hold it down and win. i had to post this mid-game on Laguna Presa just because i'm soooo glad that guy isn't on my team!

i thought we were done for, but then the idiot bails lol :lol classic.

StayUp said:
i thought we were done for, but then the idiot bails lol :lol classic.
seriously, in a split second i thought so many things, mostly tons of bad words, anger about having to defend on the 3rd set of bases after all that defense and wondering what happened to our AT Mines. then i decided to take one for the team and the dude bails. smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom