• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
First few matches and I did horribly bad. I don't think I'm liking the Conquest mode, though. Rush/Squad Rush are my favourite modes.

I picked up an upgraded assault rifle from this guy I killed, man that gun was a beast! Not sure what it's called but the difference between the default gun and that gun was HUGE!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Inanna said:
First few matches and I did horribly bad. I don't think I'm liking the Conquest mode, though. Rush/Squad Rush are my favourite modes.

I picked up an upgraded assault rifle from this guy I killed, man that gun was a beast! Not sure what it's called but the difference between the default gun and that gun was HUGE!
Yup thats the deal, you have to keep playing to unlock weapons.
Its something i really dont like, but its a standard now T___T

somnific

leng jai said:
Got DC'ed a LOT yesterday. What happens to your stats if you leave in the middle of a game? Do they still count? I'm assuming you don't get any pins.

all your stats and pins will count-- you're just not gonna get win or best squad/player awards since you didn't finish the match.

i've been doing pretty well lately:
360_saprophilous.png

and toda, my thanks again!

todahawk

somnific said:
all your stats and pins will count-- you're just not gonna get win or best squad/player awards since you didn't finish the match.

i've been doing pretty well lately:
360_saprophilous.png

and toda, my thanks again!

No prob! Did you find a fourth Dr. Pepper code?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
ps3_Evolved1.png

Meh.

ps3_Evolved1.png

I like this one better... how do they calculate "squadplay attitude"?

I'll be on a bit later.

Violater said:
yup lag is here
Platform: PS3
Country/Region: US/East Coast
Time: 8PM - 10PM
ISP: Comcast

I can vouch for this. Same setup.

I also notice quite a bit of lag early mornings like 7-8 AM CST. It usually levels out throughout the day.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Btw.... I've got a million Dr. Pepper codes that are useless to me. If anyone needs some...

Just played a couple of more matches. Back to the laggy rubberband gameplay which by now I think it's a feature that comes with Bad Company along side the distraction.

How long has it been so far, a month or more ? yet still we haven't heard anything from DICE/EA. I guess we better go make some more videos making fun of IW because their games are lame and they don't support them unlike us amirite guyz ?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheThunder said:
Just played a couple of more matches. Back to the laggy rubberband gameplay which by now I think it's a feature that comes with Bad Company along side the distraction.

How long has it been so far, a month or more ? yet still we haven't heard anything from DICE/EA. I guess we better go make some more videos making fun of IW because their games are lame and they don't support them unlike us amirite guyz ?

Two weeks. HEY GUYZ I CAN HYPERBOLE WITH THE REST OF YOU.

This is the problem with dedicated servers that aren't ours. We have no say in it. Either deal with it or wait until DICE fixes the problem. Bitching about it here on GAF isn't going to magically make the game "unlag."

Besides, if you have 2+ other shooters to play like me, not playing Bad Company 2 when it's "lagging" isn't going to be the end of the fucking world for you.

*goes back Uncharted 2xEXP weekend*

TheSeks said:

This is the problem with dedicated servers that aren't ours. We have no say in it. Either deal with it or wait until DICE fixes the problem. Bitching about it here on GAF isn't going to magically make the game "unlag."

Besides, if you have 2+ other shooters to play like me, not playing Bad Company 2 when it's "lagging" isn't going to be the end of the fucking world for you.

wow, sorry that my post bothered you that much.

I'll try to keep my "bitching" to a minimum next time :lol

TheThunder said:
wow, sorry that my post bothered you that much.

I'll try to keep my "bitching" to a minimum next time :lol

That's the usual Seks, don't take it too harshly:lol

Anyway, my stats:
ps3_dreamgazer.png

favorite vehicle: UAV *facepalm*

ps3_dreamgazer.png

BTW I HAVE A CRAPLOAD OF DR-PEPPER CODE TO GIVE AWAY (10+). PM ME IF YOU NEED IT

1stStrike

Banned
You love the UAV way too much dude :p btw, we played a game yesterday on Laguna Presa where a dude was shooting the 3rd set of mcom's with the UAV hidden in the trees behind us. I had to check to make sure it wasn't you :lol

Also, you need to knife more. Look at that pathetic dog tag count :(

Crak: I'm not even going to look at your k/d ratio. /wrist :D

kuYuri

TheSeks said:

Speaking of hyperbole... :lol

Cynar

The Faceless Master said:
http://gameinformer.com/blogs/editors/b/gibertz_blog/archive/2010/05/26/show-me-the-maps.aspx

SHOTS FIRED @ DICE

i agree with some of what they said. i would love more maps, but anyone who needs "MOAR GUNZ" in order to keep playing, i'm glad they unlock fast, go play your precious unlocking meta-game then go fuck off. the real game begins *after* you have all the items unlocked.

fuck that guy for wanting more unlocks in the ranks. The game is great past rank 22 and is when the real fun begins.

All I want is more maps and most people agree with me, that's all we need.

since everyone else is doing it~

360_raspyberry.png

The amount of guns we have is just fine in my opinion. I want to give a virtual punch to anybody who wants DLC weapons, no need for MMO unfair crap in our fps games.

1stStrike

Banned
The only thing about the weapons is that...well, there's definitely a "best" weapon for each class. It does come down to a matter of preference, but pretty much every assault uses the AN-94, for engineer it's the UMP-45, M60 (I see more MG3's now since the patch though) for medic, and for recon the M95 (though, the VSS and SVU are beasts, the M95 still seems to be the rifle of choice).

I think recon is the only really diverse class I see. Most others all use the same 1 or 2 weapons for the most part.

Also, another vote for more maps. I don't need more weapons (more vehicles would be cool though). I just want new maps to devise a new strategy for and find secret paths on :3

1stStrike said:
You love the UAV way too much dude :p btw, we played a game yesterday on Laguna Presa where a dude was shooting the 3rd set of mcom's with the UAV hidden in the trees behind us. I had to check to make sure it wasn't you :lol

Also, you need to knife more. Look at that pathetic dog tag count :(

I didn't even bother with the UAV that much till like a month ago (when my play schedule got more erratic and I had to play with random people more.) There was one game I had with pubies where no one else were able to take the crates, and I had to do all the work. Eventually it got to a point where it was me alone(UAV) vs. a whole team of 6 all the way up to the fourth base of Valparaíso (till they shot me down.)

Not to mention, I would stay off of the UAV more if other people flying it wouldn't get it shot down in less than 3 minutes.

I'm also too insecure about the potential risk of failing a knifing attempt.

In other news, I wouldn't mind more skin/ability unlocks.

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
I didn't even bother with the UAV that much till like a month ago (when my play schedule got more erratic and I had to play with random people more.) There was one game I had with pubies where no one else were able to take the crates, and eventually it got to a point where it was me(UAV) vs. a a whole team of 6:lol.

Not to mention, I would stay off of the UAV more if other people flying it wouldn't get it shot down in less than 3 minutes.

I'm also too insecure about the potential risk of failing a knifing attempt.

In other news, I wouldn't mind more skin/ability unlocks.

It's hard to not get shot down on some maps with the UAV. There's not always a place to hide it like on Valparisio/Laguna Presa :| (arica harbor especially at the end cause it's so open)

I am getting better with it... I've been sneaking around as much as possible, staying low to cliffs/trees and such. I was taking out the hind with it on isla yesterday :p

But, now I have a new issue... randomly hitting a twig or a random rock and just having the UAV explode lol

As for the knife, 90% of my knives are in peoples backs. You just sneak up on them and stabby stab. If it misses (which it's prone to do) then you do it again. It takes far too long for them to turn around (even if they notice you, which most never do) so you're pretty much safe if you're behind them. I've stabbed multiple people in a row and none even so much as thought to turn around lol. They were just huddling there staring at the mcom.

1stStrike said:
It's hard to not get shot down on some maps with the UAV. There's not always a place to hide it like on Valparisio/Laguna Presa :| (arica harbor especially at the end cause it's so open)

I am getting better with it... I've been sneaking around as much as possible, staying low to cliffs/trees and such. I was taking out the hind with it on isla yesterday :p

But, now I have a new issue... randomly hitting a twig or a random rock and just having the UAV explode lol

As for the knife, 90% of my knives are in peoples backs. You just sneak up on them and stabby stab. If it misses (which it's prone to do) then you do it again. It takes far too long for them to turn around (even if they notice you, which most never do) so you're pretty much safe if you're behind them. I've stabbed multiple people in a row and none even so much as thought to turn around lol. They were just huddling there staring at the mcom.

Hide? Hiding is for cowards:lol
Not only do you run the risk of hitting trees/walls/whatever, you'll also create a false sense of security and makes the UAV's spotting function semi-useless.

I just maneuver my UAV really well (Optics as vehicle perk + move in circular fashion when targeting, zigzag when spotting/free, glide down and backwards when hit.)

As for knifing - I have my nice knifing sprees of just stabbing multiple peoples in the back. However, it's really a personal issue. When the situation is tense, I just feel more secure shooting (which isn't always a good thing.):lol

1stStrike

Banned
Bah, I always get shot down when I'm out in the open with the UAV. And I do use optics, but my eyes are still pretty terrible. I actually play better when I sit closer to the TV (and it's a 42" lol).

Also, you give yourself away when you shoot. Nobody notices, "YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?" for some reason lol.

I'm a ninja. I gotta be sneaky/lame to kill my opponents ^_^

Also, I was playing with a dude yesterday (not a gaffer) and he was like, "Yo man, I've got the blackhawk, spawn on me) so I'm like, "aight cool" and I select him only to see the helicopter about 10 feet off the ground crashing into trees and then flipping over and exploding and him going, "don't spawn on me, don't spawn on me, i can't fly this thing" :lol :lol :lol

1stStrike said:
Bah, I always get shot down when I'm out in the open with the UAV. And I do use optics, but my eyes are still pretty terrible. I actually play better when I sit closer to the TV (and it's a 42" lol).

I'm on a 22" inch monitor T_T

Anyway...
sometimes it's a good thing not to be too good at the UAV. Piloting the thing usually kills my hand after every round.:lol

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
I'm on a 22" inch monitor T_T

Anyway...
sometimes it's a good thing not to be too good at the UAV. Piloting the thing usually kills my hand after every round.:lol

I'll be downgrading to my 32" tv once it gets here from South Korea. Just waiting on it to ship out (my stuff doesn't even get SHIPPED until June 9th). It's actually an upgrade, though. This tv is too damn weird... it's some cheap ass tv that my mother bought and it sucks. My 32" is perfect color-wise and I don't have to make the brightness all funky just to be able to see shit.

I like piloting the blackhawk. It's relatively stress free and I get a bunch of free points when I have good gunners :D

Though, I did fuck up earlier on isla. I was piloting it, we went out of bounds so I'm just like, aight, I'll just gently steer it into bounds....*keeps steering it* ... 3... 2... "oh shit" 1... *BOOM*

I think 8bitgeorge was with me too lol. Totally committed suicide piloting the blackhawk :|

I flipped over an apache the other day too with Violater. I think I have to blow up a helicopter once a day. It's a requirement or something :p

Belfast

Well, that's because when your dude says "Hey! Want some of this?!" you're about to be knifed two seconds later. When you see a UAV rocket coming out of the sky, it's going to take about a week-and-a-half to get there.

1stStrike

Banned
Belfast said:
Well, that's because when your dude says "Hey! Want some of this?!" you're about to be knifed two seconds later. When you see a UAV rocket coming out of the sky, it's going to take about a week-and-a-half to get there.

Yea, but I don't know why the other two guys sitting in front of him don't notice it :p Whenever I hear that sound, I always spin around (and have prevented myself from being knifed many times). Sometimes it's a jack ass teammate, though.

It might just be me. I'm really sensitive to that, since I hate getting knifed. Just like how I can hear the UAV before most people :p I'm always shooting that bitch down/spotting it cause I know how much damage it can do (hi dreamgazer)

1stStrike said:
The only thing about the weapons is that...well, there's definitely a "best" weapon for each class. It does come down to a matter of preference, but pretty much every assault uses the AN-94, for engineer it's the UMP-45, M60 (I see more MG3's now since the patch though) for medic, and for recon the M95 (though, the VSS and SVU are beasts, the M95 still seems to be the rifle of choice).

I think recon is the only really diverse class I see. Most others all use the same 1 or 2 weapons for the most part.

Also, another vote for more maps. I don't need more weapons (more vehicles would be cool though). I just want new maps to devise a new strategy for and find secret paths on :3

Nah I think for the assault there is definitely a lot of uses for the M4 and the AUG if you don't feel like taping fast on the trigger. The same thing with the SMGs I think the aks-74u (is that the right name ?), the SCAR and UMP are all good. Haven't unlocked all the LMGs yet so I don't know about those.

Although there are definitely some shitty guns for each class like the F2000 or the first SMG for the engi.

1stStrike

Banned
TheThunder said:
Nah I think for the assault there is definitely a lot of uses for the M4 and the AUG if you don't feel like taping fast on the trigger. The same thing with the SMGs I think the aks-74u (is that the right name ?), the SCAR and UMP are all good. Haven't unlocked all the LMGs yet so I don't know about those.

Although there are definitely some shitty guns for each class like the F2000 or the first SMG for the engi.

I tap even with the automatic rifles so I get better accuracy. Going full auto is only viable if you're close range. I used the M416 for a while... it's not bad, but it didn't do enough damage IMO.

And, I'm not saying the other guns are bad, just that each class really has 1 or 2 guns that really define that class and are used by most people that play that class. I rarely get killed by an assault that isn't using the AN-94, an engineer that isn't using the UMP-45 or a medic that isn't using an M60 or MG3. Oh, and then there's the recon guys all using M95's, but they don't count as real players.

Also, I was insomniacing this morning so I hopped on at 5:30 and spent an hour lagging my ass off. It's surprising that it lags like shit at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday but not really any other time in the last few days.

I got some more time in the cockpit of the hind/apache and I think I've gotten circle straffing down too. Just need to perfect it a bit more (and actually get a chance to get to the helicopter...)

The game I was in was stupid. This is how it went.

*spawns and kills enemies trying to take off in our helicopter*

*takes helicopter, waits on a gunner............ enemy helicopter comes back and I have no choice but to try and fight it with no gunner or bail (I tried to fight it with no gunner and lost)*

*kills guys in spawn trying to take off with helicopter again*

It just went on and on. I got the top score on my team and I barely left our spawn the entire time.

One of the things that annoys me is having a shitty gunner. You're almost useless without a gunner in a heli. He's the one that's going to be getting the majority of the kills. I was shooting at an apache from the hind and my gunner was shooting at something below. He wasn't even on my squad so I couldn't just be like, "HEY DOUCHEBAG, SHOOT THE GOD DAMN APACHE OR I'LL RIP YOUR DICK OFF" :(

I got about 1000 kills with the M416 and I can say it's pretty good. It's more of a close to mid range gun to me. Don't expect to exceed the AN-94 in mid to long range shooting though.

I would use it more if I played differently. I mainly shoot people mid to far range.

1stStrike said:
I tap even with the automatic rifles so I get better accuracy. Going full auto is only viable if you're close range. I used the M416 for a while... it's not bad, but it didn't do enough damage IMO.

And, I'm not saying the other guns are bad, just that each class really has 1 or 2 guns that really define that class and are used by most people that play that class. I rarely get killed by an assault that isn't using the AN-94, an engineer that isn't using the UMP-45 or a medic that isn't using an M60 or MG3. Oh, and then there's the recon guys all using M95's, but they don't count as real players.

I rush a lot and get in their flags so I got a good mix between bursting at long ranges and going full auto without missing a lot at closer range.

Oh and the most guns that kill me with the assault are the M16 and XM8. Even the M4 is more popular than the AN 94 but I think it depends on the map and mode you are playing.

I think XM8/M416 users kills me more then users with AN-94/M16, but I am getting killed a lot more with M16 now thanks to the specact. The weapon that kills me the most now is the MG3.

Medics are like my arch enemy class. If I see one I got to kill him.

greenjerk said:
Okay? A fair bit better than mine!

ps3_todahawk.png

My W/L is up to 2.07 (was 2.10 before last night!) and my K/D is crawling up, currently at .92

BTW- does anyone have a link to the most recent weapon damage charts?

I was playing with Reckless last night... went 5-4 (FffUUUUUUUUUk) and I was using the M95 with magnum ammo and the ACOG and I hit about 8 guys in the upper chest at medium range. I know they nerfed it a bit but I was still surprised I didn't get a single 1 shot kill...
*shrug*
guess i gotta go for all headshots...

Meh, stats mean nothing in BFBC2. Particularly k/d..

Win/Lose ratio is what matters but a lot of people can cheat that by leaving. A lot of people also play only certain modes like me, I only play Rush. People who stick to Rush will have drastically different stats to a play who exclusively play Conquest.

Violater

Ballistictiger said:
Win/Lose ratio is what matters but a lot of people can cheat that by leaving. A lot of people also play only certain modes like me, I only play Rush. People who stick to Rush will have drastically different stats to a play who exclusively play Conquest.

Much prefer Conquest myself, but right now I am just trying to find new and interesting ways to get some fun kills.

Like c4ing a building overlooking a base and waiting for the enemy to camp inside.
SO far I haven't been so successful :lol

Ballistictiger said:

Not even W/L means much to be honest. If you always squad up with other good players, you'll most probably have a 2+ W/L ratio. Play with randoms and it will be nearer the 1 mark.

All right, so when I got the game, I didn't really expect a brilliant campaign, but the singleplayer is a POS. :lol

Multiplayer is great and fun, but singleplayer is just laughable. If it at least had co-op...

I'm currently at that snow mission defending the satellite... Does it get better from here or should I just quit now?

Lagspike_exe said:
All right, so when I got the game, I didn't really expect a brilliant campaign, but the singleplayer is a POS. :lol

Multiplayer is great and fun, but singleplayer is just laughable. If it at least had co-op...

I'm currently at that snow mission defending the satellite... Does it get better from here or should I just quit now?
Come on. They de-orbited a geo synchronous satellite within minutes! It's an amazing story!

1stStrike

Banned
YoungHav said:
can someone give me tips on destruction/building kills? 45hrs and never did one yet.

Blow up all the buildings that people are in. I just got one by accident today with a tank. Just shot the building and it collapsed on the guy (I've already gotten all my 2.0 kills though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom