• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
Cowardice can be funny when it's not your team. I love when someone is just booking it trying to run away. I take my time, line up my shot... wait until they're almost safe and then... bam bam bam, dead :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Bailing on a tank which isn't at 0 health is lame anyway, the one ticket you are going to lose is not worth it relative to how many tickets a tank can take down.

Although I have to admit that a lone guy running at my tank once caused me to back over a cliff to my death.

Tianasquare.jpg

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
seriously, in a split second i thought so many things, mostly tons of bad words, anger about having to defend on the 3rd set of bases after all that defense and wondering what happened to our AT Mines. then i decided to take one for the team and the dude bails. smh.

Damn! I've been in tanks with randoms and will hop out to repair (in a somewhat safe location), hop back in and my gunner is long gone. Shit, I've driven tanks around as a non-engy with less than 10 health and survived for quite a while. Love hearing bullets 'ting off the hull.

Eteric Rice

God, I suck at this game. For some reason me and the controls don't "click" like they did in CoD. Hopefully I get used to it. :D

Also, I love shooting down helicopters. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
God, I suck at this game. For some reason me and the controls don't "click" like they did in CoD. Hopefully I get used to it. :D

Don't worry, it took me a while to get used to the game too. Though, arguably, I still suck at the game too. I just know all the dirty tricks and secret paths now :p

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Just played with toda, first my friends game kicked him, now my game froze. So I am done for tonight... Other games were good though, good wins.

Yeah, very good games. I went 3-0 with you and Wes, then 2-0 with Anm8 and a buddy of his. Last game was on the Attack on Laguna Presa and I went 30-15. I'm 13-0 over the last two nights. :D

BTW, lag was pretty much non-existent last night and had a TON of fun. Our squads were little death machines.

I don't know if it was because I doing a better job of staying in cover but there were long stretches I just couldn't die. I would get hit repeatedly, move to cover and live to fight another few minutes.

Had a couple of weird stretches where enemies wouldn't die, on Laguna Presa I put a CG at a guys feet, got hit markers, didn't kill him, switched to the UMP, emptied the rest of the clip in the enemies direction, got hit markers, didn't kill him, whipped out the Rex and finally finished him off.

Got my first platinum the night before with the Bradley/heavies and picked up golds with the Rex. I'm sticking with more limited weapons now that i have all my bronzes and just working with the weapons i like and working towards my platinums.

todahawk

Eteric Rice said:

Allow me to provide some assistance:

Basic principles of hand-to-hand combat
1. Be aggressive
2. Keep your eyes on the opponent
3. Distract the opponent
4. Disable or be disabled

I see what you do
I keep on my way
I'll see what you'll be
What you'll do

5. Vary the attack to fit the situation
6. Turn the defense into an unrelenting attack
7. Feel superior to the opponent
Regardless of the latter's size or evidence of strength

I see what you do
I keep on my way
I'll see what you'll be
What you'll do

You know you will have little time to stop and think
When engaging in hand-to-hand combat
Therefore your actions must be automatic
Remember, attack aggressively
With one purpose in mind, to kill

Alright GAF, I managed to get 3 more Demo 2.0 kills. Got 12 C4 kills though, AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Ah well, 12 more to go, and then I can do whatever I want until Invasion mode DLC comes out.

todahawk

The_Inquisitor said:
Alright GAF, I managed to get 3 more Demo 2.0 kills. Got 12 C4 kills though, AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Ah well, 12 more to go, and then I can do whatever I want until Invasion mode DLC comes out.

That reminds me, PS3 GAF up for another try at d 2.0 kills? First try didn't go so well, we all said screw it and went after objectives... :lol

@cornbread78: FYI, tried to add you the other night, your FL is full!

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Allow me to provide some assistance:

Basic principles of hand-to-hand combat
1. Be aggressive
2. Keep your eyes on the opponent
3. Distract the opponent
4. Disable or be disabled

I see what you do
I keep on my way
I'll see what you'll be
What you'll do

5. Vary the attack to fit the situation
6. Turn the defense into an unrelenting attack
7. Feel superior to the opponent
Regardless of the latter's size or evidence of strength

I see what you do
I keep on my way
I'll see what you'll be
What you'll do

You know you will have little time to stop and think
When engaging in hand-to-hand combat
Therefore your actions must be automatic
Remember, attack aggressively
With one purpose in mind, to kill

Basically, C4 everything. C4 your mcom. C4 the tail of your helicopter. C4 your friends tank. You can never have enough C4!

And, when in doubt where the enemy is, shoot a tracer dart at your teammates face so as to draw them out. Then, when they shoot the guy, you can safely pick them off from your hiding spot.

Also, defending objectives is boring. Just run around in the enemy base picking people off.

*snickers*

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Basically, C4 everything. C4 your mcom. C4 the tail of your helicopter. C4 your friends tank. You can never have enough C4!

And, when in doubt where the enemy is, shoot a tracer dart at your teammates face so as to draw them out. Then, when they shoot the guy, you can safely pick them off from your hiding spot.

Also, defending objectives is boring. Just run around in the enemy base picking people off.

*snickers*

Heh heh, that happened a few times last night. The other team couldn't attack because we were harassing the hell out of them. I honestly play a whole hell of a lot better when I'm tired because I tend not to fly around the map like a lunatic.

...and I want to tracer a camper and then pop him with a CG.

methane47

1stStrike said:
I really wanted to knife you. I kept trying for it, but there were so many medics that I kept shooting you and then I'd be like, "FUCK, I killed Methane again... I need his dog tags." :lol

Then you went recon and I shot you again cause I was looking for a medic. I was just like, "Grr"

Never did knife you :(

We had some good games tonight, but lost the last two (attacking on arica harbor and defending on port valdez) because our team was pretty stupid. We were losing tickets pretty much by the second on arica harbor and on port valdez people were just doing stupid shit (like some douche taking the helicopter when it was obvious he couldn't fly it and getting shot down in 15 seconds, someone shooting the mcom instead of disarming it, etc.)

I even stole their tank, but our team couldn't keep them away and I got C4'd from behind and then they stole our helicopter (but I shot it down and then proceeded to crash it and blow it up trying to set it down in our base on the hill thanks to all the trees... not my best decision of the day)

The funny thing is.. that I ALSO WANTED TO KNIFE YOU SOO BAD!!!... a couple times i snuck on you... Without you knowing... and then tried to knife you .. ooohh but nope... Some body else shoots me in the back lol

And yeah i saw when 8bit joined me to try and help in that harbor stage... but yeah it was still.. 4 people on my team against the full team on yours :)

Oh well.. Maybe next time i'll get to knife you!

todahawk

methane47 said:
The funny thing is.. that I ALSO WANTED TO KNIFE YOU SOO BAD!!!... a couple times i snuck on you... Without you knowing... and then tried to knife you .. ooohh but nope... Some body else shoots me in the back lol

And yeah i saw when 8bit joined me to try and help in that harbor stage... but yeah it was still.. 4 people on my team against the full team on yours :)

Oh well.. Maybe next time i'll get to knife you!

Shit Methane, I didn't recognize your name last night (or the night before?), you rezzed me a bunch of times.... yer psn id methane47? I'll have to add ya.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bazajaytee said:
Newest patch is going into QA now and no it is newer and more improved than the leaked info you have seen

Probably new PC patch next week.

EDIT: Yup,its a PC patch.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr. Snrub said:
I dont have a gaming capable PC :(

Oh i love this quote from the BFBC2 forums:
The very fact that DICE has a Quality Assurance department just indicates that they are writing bad quality software.

Fersis

The_Inquisitor said:
Oh my god. :lol :lol

To be honest, you get all sorts of people playing games. That unfortunately includes the lowest denominator.
Im cool with people not knowing about game development, but this guy made a huge post about how DICE suck and that was the first sentence.

todahawk

Fersis said:
Im cool with people not knowing about game development, but this guy made a huge post about how DICE suck and that was the first sentence.

Same here, but according that guy automotive companies make crap vehicles since they need QA, same with any computer manufacturer or really anyone that makes anything. Has this guy ever bought a shirt with an "inspected by QA inspector #4"?

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
That reminds me, PS3 GAF up for another try at d 2.0 kills? First try didn't go so well, we all said screw it and went after objectives... :lol

@cornbread78: FYI, tried to add you the other night, your FL is full!

Damn, I'll clear some room tonight before I go to the 2nd job of the day...AARRGGHHH

BTW, White Pass + C4 should work well.

Tale of an epic death while attempting 2.0 kills Tuesday night:

I grabbed a tank and was tearing up a building on the forest side of the B flag trying to kill a sniper upstairs *2.0,2.0, please please please*, after about 10 or so shots, my tank gets C4'd.... *dammit* I respawn andf run back through the woods to get to that house, I kill and outside defender and notice two snipers upstairs now. The house is almost destroyed and they didn't notice me sneaking into the bottom floor, so at this point, I'm almost wetting my pants with excitement...with "2.0, 2.0, 2.0" chants going on in my head, I'm all giddy tellign my buddy about it.. I break out the trigger, and step out side the building, and just as I pressed the trigger, so idiot with an Uzi kills me with 1 shot... "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" #%^&*$@QQ@%&*&%#$%#$^#$%^ is what followed. so pissed up! I should have just pulled off the murder suicide...

somnific

i just witnessed the single worst act of cowardice in my entire life!!!

so, we're on defense, it's me, somnific and StayUp along with i guess random people, i didn't recognize anyone else on our team

so we're on the second set of crates, fighting a hard defensive battle. the attackers have about 10 tickets left. B has already fallen. A has a sliver of life left from c4 attacks, etc. the enemy tank rolls right up to A, and fires to try and hit inside, he misses, so i (recon with saiga, extra ammo, bigger tubes and mortar strike) RUN UP TO THE TANK, stand right in front of the cannon jumping, hoping to absorb the shot, giving my team a crucial few seconds to do something, since i can;t do shit.

AND HE BAILS ON HIS TANK!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

so, we clean hold it down and win. i had to post this mid-game on Laguna Presa just because i'm soooo glad that guy isn't on my team!

hHAHAh, is that what happened? i was shooting him from my tank way in the back and suddenly i wasn't doing any damage anymore and then one of our dudes took over the tank (maybe it was you?). i had no idea what was going on, except that i knew the the A m-com was just about dead. well fought game guys!

The_Inquisitor said:

wish i had known this before i got my D2.0 kills, but white pass seems like a nice place. i've gotten multiple D2.0 kills multiple times - once i managed to get 6 in one go - attacking the B building on the second set of crates. they love defending that building. the first set of crates are nice too, since they are both in easily destructible buildings.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Damn, I'll clear some room tonight before I go to the 2nd job of the day...AARRGGHHH

BTW, White Pass + C4 should work well.

Tale of an epic death while attempting 2.0 kills Tuesday night:

I grabbed a tank and was tearing up a building on the forest side of the B flag trying to kill a sniper upstairs *2.0,2.0, please please please*, after about 10 or so shots, my tank gets C4'd.... *dammit* I respawn andf run back through the woods to get to that house, I kill and outside defender and notice two snipers upstairs now. The house is almost destroyed and they didn't notice me sneaking into the bottom floor, so at this point, I'm almost wetting my pants with excitement...with "2.0, 2.0, 2.0" chants going on in my head, I'm all giddy tellign my buddy about it.. I break out the trigger, and step out side the building, and just as I pressed the trigger, so idiot with an Uzi kills me with 1 shot... "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" #%^&*$@QQ@%&*&%#$%#$^#$%^ is what followed. so pissed up! I should have just pulled off the murder suicide...

Yeah, I'm thinking White Pass too. Seks mentioned Arica Harbor being another good one.
Oh god, you've completely described my d2.0 efforts. Yes! Crap, wait.. NO!

My Memorial Day vacation officially starts at 5:00PM today and goes through next Wednesday!

Countdown to.... Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Bender 2(.0!)©

methane47

greenjerk said:
Shit Methane, I didn't recognize your name last night (or the night before?), you rezzed me a bunch of times.... yer psn id methane47? I'll have to add ya.

Lol yup..Took me 30 minutes to find where to put clan tags last night... but I found it soo next time I'm online I'll be with [GAF]

1stStrike

Banned
I'm done working for the day, so about to hop on BC2. I'll probably be on for the rest of the night, so feel free to hop on. We can even go do some white pass for you guys that need 2.0 kills and I'll be your sacrificial pawn. :lol

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I'm done working for the day, so about to hop on BC2. I'll probably be on for the rest of the night, so feel free to hop on. We can even go do some white pass for you guys that need 2.0 kills and I'll be your sacrificial pawn. :lol

Pawn? You can be our lure!
a round of beers for Strike!

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Pawn? You can be our lure!
a round of beers for Strike!

Okay, so long as you're getting me liquored up :lol

Hellcrow: He played fine. What'd he think of the game?

We're taking a break right now, but will be back in a bit. Had some really good games, some very epic moments too. Beat a team on the last mcom on arica harbor defense (they were good and almost had us many times) and then we were attacking, down to the same mcom and they were holding us back... but the gaffers rallied together and we took them down.

Then all the high lvl's quit and we proceeded to roll them in all the rest of the matches. :lol

Also, a new nick name has been suggested for me. GrandTheftStrike :lol

I stole a bradley and a tank today, both times when the guys driving got out to repair. I think I steal at least one tank every day because of idiots getting out with no gunner to hold the tank for them :lol

FerranMG

Today I finished the single player campaign.

Pretty bad altogether, and I certainly couldn't figure how it could be worse than the first one.

The last two missions are a fucking joke, short and empty and soulles.
I even finished the very last one (Airborne) on hard, on my very first try without dying even once.

The only thing I have left to do is to demolish a few houses more to reach 50 down.

Multiplayer is pretty good, but coming straight from MW2, I think the weapons lack a bit of punch, if you know what I mean. I really never have the feeling of impacting an enemy, this feedback that CoD gives so well. But it's very fun and refreshing.

Hellcrow

1stStrike said:
Okay, so long as you're getting me liquored up :lol

Hellcrow: He played fine. What'd he think of the game?

He liked the gunplay, hated everything about the vehicles. Got bored being tank gunner. He also didn't appreciate me ordering him to actually spot dudes :p

1stStrike

Banned
FerranMG said:
Today I finished the single player campaign.

Pretty bad altogether, and I certainly couldn't figure how it could be worse than the first one.

The last two missions are a fucking joke, short and empty and soulles.
I even finished the very last one (Airborne) on hard, on my very first try without dying even once.

The only thing I have left to do is to demolish a few houses more to reach 50 down.

Multiplayer is pretty good, but coming straight from MW2, I think the weapons lack a bit of punch, if you know what I mean. I really never have the feeling of impacting an enemy, this feedback that CoD gives so well. But it's very fun and refreshing.

Depends on the weapon you use. The shotgun and tanks definitely provide a good amount of "feedback". I think a lot of the LMG's really give you that bad ass feeling too when you're spraying down a mob of people.

Anyway, welcome to BC2. What platform do you play on?

Hellcrow said:
He liked the gunplay, hated everything about the vehicles. Got bored being tank gunner. He also didn't appreciate me ordering him to actually spot dudes :p

Ah, well he was also riding with me too on attack in arica harbor... and I mean, well, I'm a really careful tank driver. It's not the most fun in the world. I don't just charge in and start blasting shit.

Try getting him in a helicopter next time or something. He might like gunning in the blackhawk. Or in the apache or hind.

And, yea, if he doesn't spot and he's on our squad then I'm going to rage so he'd better do it or ELSE :p

somnific said:
hHAHAh, is that what happened? i was shooting him from my tank way in the back and suddenly i wasn't doing any damage anymore and then one of our dudes took over the tank (maybe it was you?). i had no idea what was going on, except that i knew the the A m-com was just about dead. well fought game guys!
seriously, i lost my mind when he bailed! that crate was dead! DEAD! the line was so low, a grenade or two could have taken it out. i still can't believe he bailed!

wish i had known this before i got my D2.0 kills, but white pass seems like a nice place. i've gotten multiple D2.0 kills multiple times - once i managed to get 6 in one go - attacking the B building on the second set of crates. they love defending that building. the first set of crates are nice too, since they are both in easily destructible buildings.
i got most of my 2.0 kills in Arica Harbor, Nelson Bay and Port Valdez. just checked my stats, and i have 57 on 360!

Hellcrow

1stStrike said:
Ah, well he was also riding with me too on attack in arica harbor... and I mean, well, I'm a really careful tank driver. It's not the most fun in the world. I don't just charge in and start blasting shit.

Try getting him in a helicopter next time or something. He might like gunning in the blackhawk. Or in the apache or hind.

And, yea, if he doesn't spot and he's on our squad then I'm going to rage so he'd better do it or ELSE :p

He also found your tactics to be the most advanced shit he has heard in some time. Kept telling me how tactical and shit this squad was compared to MW2. Then he got twitchy abstinence, bailed the tank and went to shoot something sparkly. Kind of fun to watch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hellcrow said:
He also found your tactics to be the most advanced shit he has heard in some time. Kept telling me how tactical and shit this squad was compared to MW2. Then he got twitchy abstinence, bailed the tank and went to shoot something sparkly. Kind of fun to watch.

Let MW2 keep him. Sounds like being spawn raped is more his game.

Meanwhile: Hate playing against a bunch of level 40's. My KDR tumbles into .80-.74 range with me dying while trying to take care of the rest of GAF. I fucking hate Magnum Ammo with a passion. I want my 25% buff back so proper medics can fucking deal with those assholes. :|

1stStrike

Banned
Hellcrow said:

lol, well I'll take that as a compliment. I'm all about tactics (it's really weird that I hate strategy RPG's though) and I try to get everyone on the same page whenever I'm playing. I really hate how COD is setup for voice anyway.

TheSeks said:
Let MW2 keep him. Sounds like being spawn raped is more his game.

Meanwhile: Hate playing against a bunch of level 40's. My KDR tumbles into .80-.74 range with me dying while trying to take care of the rest of GAF. I fucking hate Magnum Ammo with a passion. I want my 25% buff back so proper medics can fucking deal with those assholes. :|

That happens to me too. It just means you're playing people on the same level as you (or better). It's annoying, it's frustrating, but it's a challenge and when you beat them it's a lot more rewarding than when you continually steam roll the opposing team.

Also, I never know wth you're doing. I see you C4ing an ATV so I'm like, "Oh shit, he's gonna jihad the tanks." and then you drive off somewhere else. :|

I die every time I spawn on you too. I spawned on you when you were shooting rockets at the MCOM, toss you an ammo pack and then two guys come around the corner and, BLAM BLAM BLAM, I'm dead.

And then one time I spawned on someone, and immediately got knifed (the knife was meant for them and I popped in the way of it).

Overall, not the best night for me. I didn't really have any epic moments and got my ass handed to me more often than not.

A little video I made for this piece of shit they call a video game.

(sorry for the quality it's my camera phone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAs9h3AH23s

The funny thing is even after I quit this server and join again they put me on the same server but with the other team, also did I mention that the game also hard locked my PS3. Fucking triple A gaming right there.

1stStrike

Banned
TheThunder said:
A little video I made for this piece of shit they call a video game.

(sorry for the quality it's my camera phone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAs9h3AH23s

The funny thing is even after I quit this server and join again they put me on the same server but with the other team, also did I mention that the game also hard locked my PS3. Fucking triple A gaming right there.

See, that's interesting because I (and most everyone I play with) hasn't had any lag in 3 days. It's actually been pretty awesome.

torontoml

1stStrike said:
See, that's interesting because I (and most everyone I play with) hasn't had any lag in 3 days. It's actually been pretty awesome.
That is weird, mine has been the worst it has ever been for like the last 2 or 3 days.

No lag for me in 2 days. I feels like pre-patch connection wise. Man we owned that clan today. I forgot the tag though.

Something with a Q. QS maybe?

Edit: Theseks you should get a mic man.

xclaw

Lag was horrible two days ago and in the last 24 hours I've only had a few lag sessions.

Which was quite hilarious as it lasted about 4 minutes and all my inputs literally had a 5-6 second latency..... then it just snapped back into shape. I can't explain it and it was happening to a few others on my squad through out the night. Other than that it was lag free over the last day, here's hoping it stays that way.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
No lag for me in 2 days. I feels like pre-patch connection wise. Man we owned that clan today. I forgot the tag though.

The SWAT guys too. They got me many times (I got them too, though). Put up a good fight, but we still won. Definitely earned those wins, but those are the best kind of games.

Also, yea Seks, you really need a mic man :D

Ballistictiger said:

think about that for a second...

do you really want seks to shout that stuff you get in messages?

1stStrike

Banned
think about that for a second...

do you really want seks to shout that stuff you get in messages?

Yes. It'd be full of hilarity.

"STRIKE STOP ASSAULTERING AND FUCKING REPAIR MY GOD DAMN TANK!!"

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I heard a lot of bitching in online games I don't really mind. I rather have a talker then a non talker.

Exactly. I bitch and whine enough for the whole squad anyway. One more addition won't really add much. The only thing that sucks is when Seks talks shit, I can't talk it back since he can't hear me.

So it'd be like,

"STRIKE YOU DUMB SLUT GET OVER HERE!"

*pulls up PSN GUI, goes to Seks, Create message, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, message sent*

:lol

A lot of the time he's not in our squad, he'll be in the other squad anyways. We won't hear him much. Even so with him talking on the other end will be beneficial for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom