• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
TheAzRim said:
Oh yea, I would orgasm if they implemented that. I want to run up to some useless sniper and just yell into his ear all game. Just follow him around, and tracer dart his left asscheek.

I used to do this to enemy snipers in KZ2. Scream like a banshee and scare the shit out of them or whisper "behind you" in their ear, before i gave em a shot to the head wit the m4 pistol.

coolcole93 said:
Oh, and, wait for it.....The COnquest horn is fixed! It now honks twice at 30 tickets and then shuts the fuck up!

Fanfuckingtastic, that thing drove me nuts !!

Anyway I've been meaning to ask this, about the Slug shots for the shotguns do they increase long range damage while decreasing it up close ?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheAzRim said:
Would be nice to see the full list of what the patch fixed.
DICE likes to play with the change logs.

<3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cornbread78 said:
We haven't "boosted" as you say, it's more of a consious effort to try and get them. Maybe Conquest and White Pass is the way to go, you up for some Friday night? I've tried to C-4 those houses before, but either:

a) I die trying to hide (I'll have to go all kamikaze and just go out each time hoping for glory or a 2.0 casualty)
b) I blow out the building with 6 pieces of C-4, but the building remains standing and the guys jump out unharmed or some NOOB comes buy and shoots a RPG, or a tank load and destoys the building and steals the kill from me.

If you guys really need the help (and the game isn't lagging horribly), I'm willing to help you out by playing C4 assault recon and placing three C4's to help take the building down.

But really...

+ shape for the square building. If two stories, there is a "strut" on the bottom floor that supports the second floor.

Put C4 on one side of strut, on other side of strut, in the "middle" of the building.

The set-up is the annoying part. After that, getting out isn't the issue. If someone comes in, just blow the C4 up. You'll get a C4 kill but if someone spawns on them (likely) you'll get a <D 2.0> in the process.

If you get out and wait, someone will go into the building. Wait two minutes, they'll generally go upstairs (and prevent you from C4ing them instead of <D 2.0>), if they escape, surely someone will have spawned on them and you'll get 2-3 <D 2.0>'s.

Faceless said:
apparently it's not even out in the US anyway...

Just update anyway. ;___;

Faceless said:
seriously, it's not that hard man.

Seriously, once you get it you're like "thats it? All that worrying for nothing?"

It's easy to <D 2.0> buildings once you know what you're doing. It's just catching people in it (and not C4ing them) that's the issue.

BattleMonkey said:
Never had connection issues, are you using server browser and joining actual servers or just doing the PLAY NOW option, which tends to put you into shitty games with shit pings.

Please you think with my avatar I'd ever hit play now? You mad?

Anyway it's still occuring. Just randomly drop from servers. I can instantly reconnect to them too, it's bloody frustrating when it happens though. And it's happening on a regular basis. Sometimes I can go a few hours and nothing happens, other times it can happen within 20minutes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MrPing1000 said:
Please you think with my avatar I'd ever hit play now? You mad?

Anyway it's still occuring. Just randomly drop from servers. I can instantly reconnect to them too, it's bloody frustrating when it happens though. And it's happening on a regular basis. Sometimes I can go a few hours and nothing happens, other times it can happen within 20minutes.
:lol

1stStrike said:
No patch yet/servers still down on the east coast. *waits*

I better see 0 lag after this.
They never said that this update would fix the lag. :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fersis said:
They never said that this update would fix the lag. :)

They never said the last update would cause it.

edit: do we know when the servers will be up (aprox) because I'm ready to rock the Garand and M1911 WWII style.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Oh yea, I would orgasm if they implemented that. I want to run up to some useless sniper and just yell into his ear all game. Just follow him around, and tracer dart his left asscheek.

Another person on my "don't piss off" list.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
If you guys really need the help (and the game isn't lagging horribly), I'm willing to help you out by playing C4 assault recon and placing three C4's to help take the building down.

But really...

+ shape for the square building. If two stories, there is a "strut" on the bottom floor that supports the second floor.

Put C4 on one side of strut, on other side of strut, in the "middle" of the building.

The set-up is the annoying part. After that, getting out isn't the issue. If someone comes in, just blow the C4 up. You'll get a C4 kill but if someone spawns on them (likely) you'll get a <D 2.0> in the process.

If you get out and wait, someone will go into the building. Wait two minutes, they'll generally go upstairs (and prevent you from C4ing them instead of <D 2.0>), if they escape, surely someone will have spawned on them and you'll get 2-3 <D 2.0>'s.

Seriously, once you get it you're like "thats it? All that worrying for nothing?"

It's easy to <D 2.0> buildings once you know what you're doing. It's just catching people in it (and not C4ing them) that's the issue.

That's exactly what I've been doing. On both Arica Harbor and White Pass. Just having no luck getting them... got a few c4 deaths and a few times guys have bailed to avoid it.

Up until a few days ago I thought I had to be alive to get them, should be easier now that I can take that out of the equation..

Hellcrow

Patch is 288 mb. Downloading now and see what changes I can find. Lag has not been a problem for euro players, so I can't document on that.

Evolved1

Hellcrow said:
Patch is 288 mb. Downloading now and see what changes I can find. Lag has not been a problem for euro players, so I can't document on that.

I see you on there... but severs are still down US East. :(

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I see you on there... but severs are still down US East. :(
Fine by me... still at work for another few hours. Plus my wife is pissed at me so I'll likely get some extended gaming time tonight.

Cornbread78

TheSeks said:

But really...

I'll have to try and find the "struts" later. Knowing my luck, I'll get into the building and I'll keep gettign shot in the back because my eyes will be on the ceiling.

Hellcrow

More tickets on. Start with 250.

Added soldier picture on setup screen.

Added echo sound effect on garand.

Veteran Status works on PS3.

TheSeks

Cornbread78 said:
I'll have to try and find the "struts" later. Knowing my luck, I'll get into the building and I'll keep gettign shot in the back because my eyes will be on the ceiling.

If you get on after this patch hits and we get into Arica Harbor Rush and most of the buildings aren't gone, I can show you (and Toda, if he doesn't understand) how to do this easy. Just let me know if you get on tonight.

Evolved1

I only need 5 more 2.0 kills. I got a couple the other day with Stirke in the Blackhawk. The mini gun decimates walls on buildings so it's pretty easy to drop houses with a decent pilot. Especially on Isla, the second set of MCOMs, the building that houses Alpha goes down really quick. There's also a turret there that draws people in, apart from just defending the com. Taking the walls out gets you the objective destroy + 2.0's on whoever might be in there.

To put that in perspective... I've shot up Alpha from the Blackhawk only two times with Strike, I have two Des 2.0 kills from it.

Pretty high %

todahawk

TheSeks said:
If you get on after this patch hits and we get into Arica Harbor Rush and most of the buildings aren't gone, I can show you (and Toda, if he doesn't understand) how to do this easy. Just let me know if you get on tonight.

yup, i follow. it's funny, early youtube vids were advising doing the corners but the latest ones advocate using the middle in a + shape like you mentioned and focusing on the exterior walls and ignoring the inner walls and roof completely.

This guy claims you need to destroy 70% of the exterior walls. The 2:00 mark shows some destructible m-com buildings and the 5:00 marks shows some specifics on c4'ing buildings.

Cornbread78

TheSeks said:

Probably not until tomorrow night, it's a 2 job day.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
I only need 5 more 2.0 kills. I got a couple the other day with Stirke in the Blackhawk. The mini gun decimates walls on buildings so it's pretty easy to drop houses with a decent pilot. Especially on Isla, the second set of MCOMs, the building that houses Alpha goes down really quick. There's also a turret there that draws people in, apart from just defending the com. Taking the walls out gets you the objective destroy + 2.0's on whoever might be in there.

To put that in perspective... I've shot up Alpha from the Blackhawk only two times with Strike, I have two Des 2.0 kills from it.

Pretty high %

Stick with me and you'll get a lot more D 2.0 kills. The best way to get them is team coordination too.

Have someone on your squad arm the mcom, then when people run in to disarm, BOOM. Drop the building on them.

greenjerk said:
yup, i follow. it's funny, early youtube vids were advising doing the corners but the latest ones advocate using the middle in a + shape like you mentioned and focusing on the exterior walls and ignoring the inner walls and roof completely.

This guy claims you need to destroy 70% of the exterior walls. The 2:00 mark shows some destructible m-com buildings and the 5:00 marks shows some specifics on c4'ing buildings.

I've posted it in this thread before, but in case you missed it you can do it with 4 C4 by doing this.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
Stick with me and you'll get a lot more D 2.0 kills. The best way to get them is team coordination too.

Have someone on your squad arm the mcom, then when people run in to disarm, BOOM. Drop the building on them.

Probably works best in the instances when the mcom is on the second floor.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
Probably works best in the instances when the mcom is on the second floor.

Totally depends on the situation. I've gotten many people because they were hiding on the second floor when I knocked the building down.

Also, on nelson bay at the second set of mcom's I got 4 or 5 D 2.0's once because we had taken A and the whole team was hiding inside B.

It also helps when you're playing against idiots/newbs. :lol

Evolved1

I guess anytime you see people on the second floor it's probably better to just drop the building than run upstairs. I don't carry C4 much though, so I don't think about it... but those opportunities happen all the time.

I don't think Destruction 2.0 is too hard... it's knifing friends that's kind of a bitch.

And everything from single player, because right now I can barely play that more than five or ten mins w/o wanting to fall asleep. God I would play through BC1 SP 10x before playing this crap voluntarily. It's awful. Terrible. Banal.

Make it stop.!
:(

update: East severs still down.

1stStrike said:
Totally depends on the situation. I've gotten many people because they were hiding on the second floor when I knocked the building down.

Also, on nelson bay at the second set of mcom's I got 4 or 5 D 2.0's once because we had taken A and the whole team was hiding inside B.

It also helps when you're playing against idiots/newbs. :lol
oh yeah, this one is almost guaranteed. take A first and collapse B and you'll get a 2.0 because there's always someone in there.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
oh yeah, this one is almost guaranteed. take A first and collapse B and you'll get a 2.0 because there's always someone in there.

There's some M-COMs that can't be <D 2.0>'d even if they're in a building that looks like it can be.

Port Valadez Third Set B, for instance. Of Nelson Bay last push B.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
I guess anytime you see people on the second floor it's probably better to just drop the building than run upstairs. I don't carry C4 much though, so I don't think about it... but those opportunities happen all the time.

I don't think Destruction 2.0 is too hard... it's knifing friends that's kind of a bitch.

And everything from single player, because right now I can barely play that more than five or ten mins w/o wanting to fall asleep. God I would play through BC1 SP 10x before playing this crap voluntarily. It's awful. Terrible. Banal.

Make it stop.!
:(

update: East severs still down.

100% agreed on single player. I've given up hope of ever completing it, which is sad, cause I've completed the single player of most every other FPS I've played (except for Resistance 2)

You should just hop on your laptop or PC and play Subspace with me. It's actually pretty fun for a 12 year old top down space shooter. I play in one zone where you basically have to level up your ship and earn parts/weapons (gee, sounds a lot like BC2 doesn't it?)

It's a good time waster while I'm waiting on the BC2 servers to come back up (and it's like a 1.6 mb download)

greenjerk said:

70% is about right. i actually counted how many "wall panels" the buildings have and it takes 6/8 for the small buildings and 13/20 for the 2 story buildings (both the Desert and Winter styles) and 12/20 for the 'base' style building (2nd A on Port Valdez) the only weird building type is the long L shaped 1 story building (1st A on Nelson Bay) where there are 24 'panels' and you have to destroy 23 (less if the roof is destroyed)

Hellcrow

I haven't found the new vehicles yet, so I guess they are for onslaught. The UAV station on atcama has been placed on the upper boat floor, facing the boat so the user is shielded from snipers.

The more I play this game, the more pissed I get at DICE for fucking doing only 5 maps on this game. I get burned out on the game real fast and have to sstop playing for a few days to make it fun again. Battlefield: Modern Combat is still their best effort on consoles, gameplay was good and to me all 12-16 maps were great. FU DICE for following the nextgen trend...

Fersis

Lead Farmer said:
The more I play this game, the more pissed I get at DICE for fucking doing only 5 maps on this game. I get burned out on the game real fast and have to sstop playing for a few days to make it fun again. Battlefield: Modern Combat is still their best effort on consoles, gameplay was good and to me all 12-16 maps were great. FU DICE for following the nextgen trend...
Thats decided by the publisher (EA in this case).

Joe Grant said:
Default North American users unable to connect - 3rd June
We are aware of issues with the North American user base unable to connect since the recent update. We are enabling a partial solution to enable you to play.

The temporary solution should be available in the next hour or so.

More details when available.

The Faceless Master said:
modern combat was hot garbage.

Lets pretend I agree, at least in terms of the gameplay, but fuck that if you hate on the map selection. BC2 map selection is pathetic in number and actual "fun".

Lead Farmer said:
Lets pretend I agree, at least in terms of the gameplay, but fuck that if you hate on the map selection. BC2 map selection is pathetic in number and actual "fun".
the game could have 100 maps and it doesn't matter if the game isn't fun.

1stStrike

Banned
I don't think I'll ever get tired of arica harbor. That map is a lot of fun and you can employ so many different strategies to take mcom's. Also, every server is different since everyone has their own play styles. You never know what a game will be like...

Granted, some maps (like nelson bay) get boring pretty quick, but 3 or 4 new maps will definitely breath some new life into this game.

Foxtastical said:
Modern Combat just felt like shit compared to what you could have been playing with BF2 on the PC.
I was talking about their console efforts. I know how great BF2 is on PC as I played the shit out of it!

Fersis said:
Im reading some stuff on their forums, the patch has stuff not listed in the changelog:
-Points after death
-Several Maps layouts have changed.
There was a post on the EA UK forum stating that points after death will be dealt with in the upcoming patch not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom