• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
Mostly thanks to me, they decided to be sniper assholes and I started to mow into their faces with the heavy machine gun.

I got about 15 before they started to wise up. Then about 3 more.

17-3 KDR that round. Better than my 17-20 rounds when I came in.

Sooooo rusty. Flying the helicopter was kinda annoying, but I didn't run into lag for once, so yay, may come back to this and start into it hardcore again.

It's good to have the emblems all lit up, as well. Kudos to DICE for fixing the M1 bug. Too bad my M1 kills didn't carry over as I'd have a gold star in it or something near that point. M1 now is annoying to use, doesn't have the stopping power against groups unless you're lucky and they can't aim (and they aren't using Magnum Ammo). :(

Edit: Also on Ilsa none of you would hop into the Hin-D, and since the Hin-D doesn't have a pilot attack option, I went "screw it, I'll crash it into the hill and take someone out."

TheSeks <Roadkill> Attacker1
(still in helicopter, not dead but starting to spin out)
"Shit, well I at least took someone ou--"
TheSeks <Roadkill> Attacker2

o____O My helicopter spinning out took some dude out with it's tail/body. So crazy awesome, too bad I couldn't see it actually happen. hah.

There's times when I really wish you could hear us talking in squad chat...

"Go in! Go in! No, get closer! Fuck, who let the deaf guy drive?" :lol

I was behind you while you were on the heavy MG btw snipering them. They had some shitty snipers and I kept picking them off. M24 is my favorite sniper rifle atm.

Also, after getting shot down once in the hind I parachuted down, stole their bradley and pretty much had it for the rest of the game. Lost it to a mortar towards the end, but they didn't even get a chance to use it before the game ended.

Also, I've followed all the directions, but I still don't have veteran status. Wth am I missing?

Odrion

Banned
New patch? Is this the one that's suppose to fix the achievements? Because I just got that one and got my 45 points.

Lag is still godawful.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1stStrike said:
There's times when I really wish you could hear us talking in squad chat...

"Go in! Go in! No, get closer! Fuck, who let the deaf guy drive?" :lol

I was behind you while you were on the heavy MG btw snipering them. They had some shitty snipers and I kept picking them off. M24 is my favorite sniper rifle atm.

Also, after getting shot down once in the hind I parachuted down, stole their bradley and pretty much had it for the rest of the game. Lost it to a mortar towards the end, but they didn't even get a chance to use it before the game ended.

Also, I've followed all the directions, but I still don't have veteran status. Wth am I missing?

Yeah, Toda was in the Bradley and I spawn on him with V Armor to be set to take A. What does he do? He sits on the hill, I'm in the third/fourth seat (the side slots for passenger gunners) and going to B.

"NO, NOT B! THE REST OF THE TEAM IS FOCUSING ON THAT! GO TO A! A! AAAAAAAAAA!"

Nope, he continues to go to B, arms it. They take it. Getting A was a hassle, and I couldn't get the tank to go over the re bar/concrete wall that was blown to hell to put the tank between the "trailers" and A to cover someone taking A and then hold it down. That's probably why you guys were getting annoyed.

And not playing for two weeks, I'm really rusty. My tank skills have gone or the other team was really good at noticing the tank and taking it out. I couldn't get anyone. Ugh.

Yeah, I know you were behind me. I spawned on you and knifed you in the face a few times because of it. I'm like "FUCK, STRIKE! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO 'I HATE SNIPER' GTFO" :lol

Yeah, they had like five snipers gunning at my ass, and trying to mortar me. Surprise, assholes: You can't really snipe that MG.

A tank took me out and I miraculously took the tank out with my tracer and the RPG-7 shot curving into it's ass. Crazy, it was coming toward us, I fired the shot while It was moving.

"SHIT! MY SHOT IS GOING TO MISS DESPITE BEING LOCKED ON SINCE IT'LL CURVE AND HIT THE GRO--"
Vehicle Destroyed +100
[GAF]TheSeks <RPG-7> [GAF]Ogre123
[GAF]TheSeks <RPG-7> Someotherdude

O___O "Well, I'll take what I can get and get them to stop hassling me and go back to locking them down."

Yeah, you came back with the tank. I was surprised they didn't shoot you down completely or take it. I repaired you back to full and you sat in the back taking it. I was going to get in the Hin-D, but Toda and Ballistic took it, then promptly crashed it.

"Good job, guys. Way to go."

(Respawns)
"Toda, get in."
Toda: LOL NO, I'M SPAWNING SNIPER.

FFFFFFF.jpg

(fly around for five minutes, no one really hassling me, crash the Hin-D, take out UAV bothering me trying to take me out, get taken out)

(Respawn)
"FUCK SOMEONE GET IN!"
Everyone: LOL NO.

FFFFF.jpg

(Crash into hill, two roadkills)

Awesome.jpg

BTW, one of the [MEX] clan dudes teabagged the killcam after he AT4'ed the MG on Port Valadez, I couldn't help but lol for five minutes because I knew I was pissing their team off with it. :D

As for Vet: Is the game showing even a +1? If not, did you go to the old site (veteran.battlefield.com) and see if it shows veteran there (though IIRC, it just points you to badcompany2.com/veteran now)? If so, force-vet-status on bc2.com/vet and see if it shows a +1, you only need a +1 anyway. If it still isn't showing, I dunno. It took like a week or two for BC1 to recognize my Battlefield Hero account to give me +1 for the FN2000 last year.

Edit 2: BTW, Faceless:

Faceless, yes, they removed the fence from Ilsa Second Set A. I guess my conclusion that it counted as an "explosion" and being near the center of the wall made it glitch and think it "explode all the walls" and insta <D 2.0> the building, was sort-of right. Sorry to see the fence go, as it's weird to see that bit of the level be so... barren, but I can't really fault them. At least I got some of my "good conduct" M-COM destroyed from that glitch, as sad as that sounds. But some teams pissed me off on that level to where I cheese rushed that fence and took it. Fuck them.

1stStrike

Banned
Tried on BC2, but no dice. The vet site doesn't seem to be loading atm. I'm still at 0 despite registering the BF2 demo, BF2142 demo, BF Heroes, BF1943 and BC2 :|

I'm going to switch my main weapon to M416 for a while. I got way too many kills with AN-94. Maybe it'll get it to 7,000 later on.

I'll give the Rex a shot tomorrow. There were tons of times I died by a group of people because I had a tracer on my Assault :lol

Ahh out of ammo *switch to tracer pistol* Ahh crap *throws a grenade and runs*.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1stStrike said:
Tried on BC2, but no dice. The vet site doesn't seem to be loading atm. I'm still at 0 despite registering the BF2 demo, BF2142 demo, BF Heroes, BF1943 and BC2 :|

Yeah, I say give it a week or so to see if it catches up. If not, try to contact EA support (good fucking luck, EA.com in general sucks too much ass). I'm just glad that I have enough veteran points (even though that 5 should be a 6, stupid fucking EA.com not letting merge my XBL EA.com account with my PSN account to give me BF2: MC 360. :|, so that 5 is a 5 for 4 games + PS3 closed BC2 beta instead of 5 games + PS3 CBC2B) for the unlocks now. So long as future BF games only require a 1+ vet status, I'm fine.

Ballistic said:
I'll give the Rex a shot tomorrow.

I enjoy killing with the Rex, but I'm not that great with it. It's too slow in fire rate and even with Magnum Ammo 9/10 of the time someone can kill me before I can kill them. Annoying. :(

But I love it because it's a revolver and shit, who doesn't love a revolver? Fucking classy.

IceMarker

C'mon PC patch at the same time as 360 patch... *crosses fingers*

Also, Baztayee... whatever his name is, posted on Twitter a while back that DICE has not forgotten about PC gamers at all. A little bit of relief for me.

Hellcrow

I got the old Battlefield spawnraping feeling on Arica Harbor conquest. Over 200 tickets, 100 tickets on the enemy and we have all the flags. Sniping lockdown for a good 10 minutes!

Hellcrow said:
I got the old Battlefield spawnraping feeling on Arica Harbor conquest. Over 200 tickets, 100 tickets on the enemy and we have all the flags. Sniping lockdown for a good 10 minutes!
contact EA Support if the VIP code isn't working.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Yeah, Toda was in the Bradley and I spawn on him with V Armor to be set to take A. What does he do? He sits on the hill, I'm in the third/fourth seat (the side slots for passenger gunners) and going to B.

"NO, NOT B! THE REST OF THE TEAM IS FOCUSING ON THAT! GO TO A! A! AAAAAAAAAA!"

Nope, he continues to go to B, arms it. They take it. Getting A was a hassle, and I couldn't get the tank to go over the re bar/concrete wall that was blown to hell to put the tank between the "trailers" and A to cover someone taking A and then hold it down. That's probably why you guys were getting annoyed.

Wha? I remember dying at B, I stuck with the damn thing till it blew. Didn't even bail when it was down to 3 health :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I couldnt play last night, but im sure i will tonight.

BFBC2 PS3 GAF ASSEMBLE!

dkeane

Downloaded the patch last night - can't wait to play tonight.

Sorry if it's been posted but is there a list of all changes?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dkeane said:
Downloaded the patch last night - can't wait to play tonight.

Sorry if it's been posted but is there a list of all changes?
Of all changes nope.
DICE likes to play with the change logs, so the official change log doesnt list the best stuff. :D

I noticed that they fixed a lot of the weapons stat sliders in the weapons and gadgets menu, now it shows that the UMP is higher than the AKS-74u in damage among other things.

Also played just one game to check the connection/lag and it worked really well, although it was like 5:30 am here so will have to check it again in the busy hours to see how does it hold up.

desu

Geez, where is the PC patch? Announced weeks ago but since then there have only been excuses to whats going on. I don't mind that it takes time, I just want a status update from them <.<

1stStrike

Banned
No_Style said:
I am disappoint.

Don't listen to him. ALLLLLL of us played with no lag last night. If he lags at this point, then he's either on different servers or it's actually his connection that sucks (unless all of a sudden massive lag spikes start up today).

Anyway, woke up and I had veteran status, so I'll be rocking the garand a bit today.

Violater

Ballistictiger said:
You got a little knife happy afterwards :lol

:lol Yup, guess I just got stuck in the zone.
If the game had proximity chat you would hear me humming the Jaws tune as I tried to sneak up on someone.
Sucks when I was just a few feet away a couple times and one of you would shoot me in the back. :p

I was camping the mcom in one match and strike ran in and i tried to shoot him with my handgun and shot him with the tracer instead, wanted to pull out the GC and see if it would give me a lock on but decided to run up and knife him instead :lol

mrwilt

Downloaded the patch last night. Got into a smooth game with no lag. Hey, this patch might have fixed the lag issues! Get into the next game - disconnect. Get into the next game - lag. WTH.

Kade

desu said:
Geez, where is the PC patch? Announced weeks ago but since then there have only been excuses to whats going on. I don't mind that it takes time, I just want a status update from them <.<

DICE pulled a Valve. They said the patch would be live "next week" but it's been almost a month since they said that. :/

Violater

mrwilt said:
Downloaded the patch last night. Got into a smooth game with no lag. Hey, this patch might have fixed the lag issues! Get into the next game - disconnect. Get into the next game - lag. WTH.

Yea I had a couple disconnects as well, not cool at all especially when I'm trying to jump back into the game of gaffers and get the server full message.

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
I couldnt play last night, but im sure i will tonight.

BFBC2 PS3 GAF ASSEMBLE!
Around 10:00-10:30 pm EST for me, anyone up for some conquest on White Pass, maybe a little 2.0 kill fest, LOL...

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Don't listen to him. ALLLLLL of us played with no lag last night. If he lags at this point, then he's either on different servers or it's actually his connection that sucks (unless all of a sudden massive lag spikes start up today).

Anyway, woke up and I had veteran status, so I'll be rocking the garand a bit today.

Had a few small instances last night with the group but they went away (Isla Innocentes when we were on the attack, I was in the Bradley and everything stuttered for about 15 seconds or so)...

I'll have to try out "play now", that's where I had the worst lag previously.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Around 10:00-10:30 pm EST for me, anyone up for some conquest on White Pass, maybe a little 2.0 kill fest, LOL...

Heh, didn't recognize you with the new sig. I should be on tonight. i tried for awhile but every building I c4'd got no traffic. Or it was one lone guy so I just blew him up.

Fersis

So whats the change on White Pass SDM?

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Heh, didn't recognize you with the new sig. I should be on tonight. i tried for awhile but every building I c4'd got no traffic. Or it was one lone guy so I just blew him up.

Someone made that one from the KZ3 trailer, pretty bad-a$$, you like?

damn, hopefully the servers are full of want-to-be 2.0 killed NOOBs later tonight...

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Someone made that one from the KZ3 trailer, pretty bad-a$$, you like?

damn, hopefully the servers are full of want-to-be 2.0 killed NOOBs later tonight...

Yeah, very nice. Loved KZ2 but I couldn't get into the MP.

I realllly have trouble being patient enough to wait for victims. I go through these stretches where I think I'm playing MW2 and rung and gun to much. I do soooo much better when I slow down and use cover. I didn't get any 2.0 kills but after switching up styles and slowing down I went 15-5 on Arica Harbor Conquest. :D

Klocker

ok, please bring me up to speed
I've been living in the Old West for the past 3 weeks

is there a new patch for 360 and where is the change log?

thx

todahawk

Klocker said:
ok, please bring me up to speed
I've been living in the Old West for the past 3 weeks

is there a new patch for 360 and where is the change log?

thx

not yet, just the PS3 patch went up last night. The change log is a page back or so....

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I played for a bit after the patch... just a few mins... but lag was atrocious and they either nerfed the M1 or there's some kind of bug (similar to shotguns).

I'm taking a break from gaming for a while. It's supposed to be be fun. Lately I've just been annoyed.

oh wow, someone on the EA UK forums made a thread saying that you got TOO MUCH points for destroying crates with C4.

oh man, how dare people get lots of points for completing objectives!

1stStrike said:
Haha, I couldn't let us lose to THOSE guys. Especially since my first 3 games of the night were all losses as I ran into hordes of lvl 50's that raped my face. I went 10 and 32 my first game of the night... fucking 4 lvl 50's and a 48 all from the same clan on that server.

What surprised me was Port Valdez. They put up a helluva defense for a while there, and then we were on defense and they all pansied out. We shut them down at the first set, and then a bunch left on laguna. Gaffers empty yet another server :D

Oh, btw, Randal: No worries dude. I just get pissed off at everyone when I have a retarded team. Nothing personal. You'll get used to me and my nerd rage eventually :lol
ok...cool :D I was piss to.That 50 guy killed me like 35 times in a row...:lol :lol :lol seriously..He was everywhere I turn..:lol

desu

The Faceless Master said:
oh wow, someone on the EA UK forums made a thread saying that you got TOO MUCH points for destroying crates with C4.

oh man, how dare people get lots of points for completing objectives!

WTF? How many points do you get for objectives now?

desu

50 to arm, 250 to destroy and apparently 150 for 25% damage. if you C4, arm and destroy the crate, it's 900 points.

Hmmm was expecthing something different. I mean 900 points is quite a lot, even though, its probably less than 10 times that I saw someone killing a MCOM with C4 so far (well PC version, not sure if its any different on PS3).

Wish arming/disarming was at least 100-150. Because the old 30 or the new 50 points are a joke. Mostly I am much better off not going to the crate and just killing 1-2 people running around without me dying. Guess we have to see how it plays out but I don't see this changing anything (which I was really really hoping it would...).

1stStrike

Banned
TTP said:
Oh you will love it
not

Just gold starred the garand.

I went wookie with magnum ammo, threw out motion sensors all over the place and C4'd any vehicle I saw. I got an ace pin the 3rd game I played with it and was raping people left and right. I actually really like the iron sights on the garand. It's not so great for crowd control, but if you slow down, aim properly, and get headshots... it's pretty nice.

Went back to assault for this last game and went 29 - 7, got 2 combat excellence pins and finally got my 50. Only thing I don't have yet is the bronze star all weapons ribbon.

*looks at medic class*

Yup... most of the guns haven't even been touched. I don't know if I really want to do it...

I was on a server with some really dopey players this morning. Lots of lvl 4 - 10's crawling out (must be kids on summer break or something) and my team was destroying them (I was playing conquest) and locking them in their spawn repeatedly.

Anyway, taking a break to get some stuff done, but I'll be back on later.

As for lag, I got a little bit here and there, but only one rubberband the whole time. Much better than before.

Klocker

doing all of that before was 330 points, now just arming and having it detonate is 300... but considering how many people never bother to attack the crates, maybe triple is appropriate.

agreed... I always attack and anything to get people off their lazy ass when they see the leaders at 5000 points and they are at 900 working on K/D ratio is fine for me. :D

Hellcrow

1stStrike said:
Just gold starred the garand.

I went wookie with magnum ammo, threw out motion sensors all over the place and C4'd any vehicle I saw. I got an ace pin the 3rd game I played with it and was raping people left and right. I actually really like the iron sights on the garand. It's not so great for crowd control, but if you slow down, aim properly, and get headshots... it's pretty nice.

Went back to assault for this last game and went 29 - 7, got 2 combat excellence pins and finally got my 50. Only thing I don't have yet is the bronze star all weapons ribbon.

*looks at medic class*

Yup... most of the guns haven't even been touched. I don't know if I really want to do it...

I was on a server with some really dopey players this morning. Lots of lvl 4 - 10's crawling out (must be kids on summer break or something) and my team was destroying them (I was playing conquest) and locking them in their spawn repeatedly.

Anyway, taking a break to get some stuff done, but I'll be back on later.

As for lag, I got a little bit here and there, but only one rubberband the whole time. Much better than before.

I have like half the snipers left for the bronze star insigna. I HATE sniping, but I will try it the next days. I lag with you guys, but not nearly as bad as before. I can actually kill dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom