• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TTP said:
How long is the maintenance supposed to last? I just patched the game (288MB - New coop mode included probably) but it says I can't connect, check network settings bla bla bla.

SCEE must have given you guys the patch early. I just checked, no prompt for a client update.

I want my 20000 points and all emblems lit up, damn it. :|

The Faceless Master said:
those map changes almost make me want to update my PS3!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

... :( ;___; I miss you. (And you need to come back to Bad Company 1 PS3 and help me work my way to 10k2 kills)

Max said:
Wondering what this Onslaught patch is, is it already out for PC?

*Onslaughtisnotplannedtocomeoutfor...*gopherzoom*THEGLORIOUSPCMASTERRACECONSOLE.gif*

Cornbread78 said:
Yes! Friday night 2.0, we have to make this happen, I'm stuck on 4 and it's the last online trophy I need!

I seriously have no clue how the hell you guys are having problems with this, and resorting to "boosting" for it.

White Pass/Arica Harbor conquest.

C4 + Assault G3 (though that's been nerfed now?) + Extra C4 (just so you can + and two strut the buildings) + Extra Explosives.

Set up building. GTFO, stay alive while camping.

BOOM after someone runs in two minutes later.

TheSeks <Destruction 2.0> DumbassSniperThatThoughtItWasSafe

Do it for an afternoon on Saturday, you'll get your <D 2.0> easily doing these two maps and screwing around with the C4.

Seriously, go do that.

The patch is great! I've had absolutely no lag all day, although I did d/c once or twice. The fixes are all brilliant as well. You now get 150 points for a flag capture and 75 for a flag capture assist. You also get 50 points for a plant or defuse and 250 (!) for an objective destoy in Rush :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
coolcole93 said:
The patch is great! I've had absolutely no lag all day, although I did d/c once or twice. The fixes are all brilliant as well. You now get 150 points for a flag capture and 75 for a flag capture assist. You also get 50 points for a plant or defuse and 250 (!) for an objective destoy in Rush :D
Check if its true that they changed Panama Canal lighting.

coolcole93 said:
damn, only 75 for an assist?

coolcole93 said:

Holy Hell!!!!

I agree with Faceless that you should get more for an assist, because you are doing the same damn thing as the dude who got there .25 seconds before you. 100 poitns at least

sounds like lag has been at least addressed if not fixed, so that is good enought for me

Az

coolcole93 said:

Patch didn't fix the lag though, just less people on the servers. Nice to hear that you get more points for arming and defusing, and finally I don't have to spam the respawn button to get my points.

Not sure about the Panama Canal lighting question, but a thread with a lot of the map changes can be found on the official BFBC2 forums. Big changes to the maps include 2 ATVs on Arica Harbour Conquest mode and the UAV moving on Panama Canal.

Oh, and, wait for it.....The COnquest horn is fixed! It now honks twice at 30 tickets and then shuts the fuck up!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The system and gameplay is still what makes BC2 shine over the CoD games. Of course, I hate that the lag has made the game unplayable at times recently. I still think that DICE will sort things out and get it back to where it needs to be performance-wise.

TheSeks said:
What was it before, like 80?
50 for an assist and 80 for a cap.

DenogginizerOS said:
The system and gameplay is still what makes BC2 shine over the CoD games. Of course, I hate that the lag has made the game unplayable at times recently, I still think that DICE will sort things out and get it back to where it needs to be performance-wise.
it's been smooth on 360, and i play on EC servers, EU sometimes and even AUS/Asia on occasion when i join some GAFfers who are already playing. there's occasional lag sometimes, but it's been mostly smooth.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
I am sick and tired of being killed by M2 Gustavs when I'm not in a vehicle. It's great against tanks, but over powered against infantry. I wish they would decrease its power. The grenade launcher should be the anti-infantry weapon, though I wouldn't want too many noob tubers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
the worst thing is when spotting decides not to work on AT Mines. i mean, i hate to blow up friendly mines, but i don't really want to die and get my tank blown up.

Yep, or the tank doesn't designate them as friendly, so you have to hop out, stand over them and see if your gun will. :|

There are new vehicles in the my stats section. I took some screenshots of he new ones - 4 in total.

New Anti-Air vehicle:
anti%20air.PNG

Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 1:
auto%20gl.PNG

Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 2:
auto%20gl%202.PNG

CAV Transport Vehicle:
CAV.PNG

What does everyone make of these?

Az

toxicgonzo said:
I am sick and tired of being killed by M2 Gustavs when I'm not in a vehicle. It's great against tanks, but over powered against infantry. I wish they would decrease its power. The grenade launcher should be the anti-infantry weapon, though I wouldn't want too many noob tubers.

For some reason I don't have this problem at all. If it takes 2-3 shots from a MP-412 gun to get someone, then one shot from a rocket makes sense. And you are either not moving around too much but unless you get a hit to the body or already have low health you won't die. I use the Carl against vehicles and snipers.

Violater

toxicgonzo said:

Its a rocket, its supposed to be deadly.

If anything is broken its the assault class being able to just toss out ammo to enable an infinite supply of rockets.
I much preferred the system in BC1 where the ammo crates were in set locations.

so, has anyone checked to see if ticket bleed is boosted in Conquest mode? 250 tickets sounds like a whole fucking lot if it's still 1 every 10 seconds!

You start with 350 tickets. On Arica Harbour at least.

Az

coolcole93 said:
There are new vehicles in the my stats section. I took some screenshots of he new ones - 4 in total.
PIX

Hell yes, that looks bad ass.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Someone posted that Atacama has new vehicles.
The CAV was in one of the trailers i think.

Violater

Fersis said:
Someone posted that Atacama has new vehicles.
The CAV was in one of the trailers i think.

Go Go confirm this awesomeness!!!

Edit: just a thought, but proximity chat is this game would make it my GOTY

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
TheAzRim said:
For some reason I don't have this problem at all. If it takes 2-3 shots from a MP-412 gun to get someone, then one shot from a rocket makes sense. And you are either not moving around too much but unless you get a hit to the body or already have low health you won't die. I use the Carl against vehicles and snipers.
I'm just irritated that I usually need to fire 2 grenade rounds to kill someone while an engineer can halfway aim a rocket to kill me.

Violater

toxicgonzo said:
I'm just irritated that I usually need to fire 2 grenade rounds to kill someone while an engineer can halfway aim a rocket to kill me.

You are doing it wrong somehow.
It makes sense the difference in damage between the 2.
Don't get mad get even!!

Az

Violater said:
Go Go confirm this awesomeness!!!

Edit: just a thought, but proximity chat is this game would make it my GOTY

Oh yea, I would orgasm if they implemented that. I want to run up to some useless sniper and just yell into his ear all game. Just follow him around, and tracer dart his left asscheek.

mrwilt

Just when I was about to give up on this game because of the lag, Dice lures me back in with this awesome patch. It's good timing.

Fersis

mrwilt said:
Just when I was about to give up on this game because of the lag, Dice lures me back in with this awesome patch. It's good timing.
Its also a good time to release the VIP Map Pack #3 and show the #4.

Cornbread78

TheSeks said:
SCEE must have given you guys the patch early. I just checked, no prompt for a client update.

I seriously have no clue how the hell you guys are having problems with this, and resorting to "boosting" for it.

White Pass/Arica Harbor conquest.

C4 + Assault G3 (though that's been nerfed now?) + Extra C4 (just so you can + and two strut the buildings) + Extra Explosives.
Set up building. GTFO, stay alive while camping.
BOOM after someone runs in two minutes later.
TheSeks <Destruction 2.0> DumbassSniperThatThoughtItWasSafe
Do it for an afternoon on Saturday, you'll get your <D 2.0> easily doing these two maps and screwing around with the C4.
Seriously, go do that.

We haven't "boosted" as you say, it's more of a consious effort to try and get them. Maybe Conquest and White Pass is the way to go, you up for some Friday night? I've tried to C-4 those houses before, but either:

a) I die trying to hide (I'll have to go all kamikaze and just go out each time hoping for glory or a 2.0 casualty)
b) I blow out the building with 6 pieces of C-4, but the building remains standing and the guys jump out unharmed or some NOOB comes buy and shoots a RPG, or a tank load and destoys the building and steals the kill from me.

Fersis

6z8nqt.png

that's as far as i got... after reading that, i couldn't do it...
Stop being a delicate flower man!
Update that bitch up! >8(

Cornbread78

TheAzRim said:
Oh yea, I would orgasm if they implemented that. I want to run up to some useless sniper and just yell into his ear all game. Just follow him around, and tracer dart his left asscheek.

I still find it more entrertaining to drill a hole in their head with the repair tool, I finally got that trophy the other day.

coolcole93 said:

New Anti-Air vehicle:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/anti air.PNG

Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 1:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/auto gl.PNG

Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 2:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/auto gl 2.PNG

CAV Transport Vehicle:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/CAV.PNG

well, we knew the CAV was in Port Valdez Conquest from the brief clip in the launch video, and i guess those other weapons will show up on some of the maps somewhere.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheAzRim said:

Omg :lol :lol :lol

Cornbread78 said:
We haven't "boosted" as you say, it's more of a consious effort to try and get them. Maybe Conquest and White Pass is the way to go, you up for some Friday night? I've tried to C-4 those houses before, but either:

a) I die trying to hide (I'll have to go all kamikaze and just go out each time hoping for glory or a 2.0 casualty)
b) I blow out the building with 6 pieces of C-4, but the building remains standing and the guys jump out unharmed or some NOOB comes buy and shoots a RPG, or a tank load and destoys the building and steals the kill from me.
seriously, it's not that hard man. i'm not even consciously trying an i get them. when i was actually trying, i got them even faster. i think i have 61 on 360 now (and still 26 on PS3) because i got around four recently.

toxicgonzo said:
aim better? and i say this as someone who had a plat with the CG and the 40MMGL. i've actually retired from CG usage until i plat the RPG-7!

TheAzRim said:
smoke grenades. use them.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
50 for an assist and 80 for a cap.

it's been smooth on 360, and i play on EC servers, EU sometimes and even AUS/Asia on occasion when i join some GAFfers who are already playing. there's occasional lag sometimes, but it's been mostly smooth.
I have had relatively lag free experiences as well. However, I hear so many complaining about it, I have to acknowledge it.

Fersis said:
Stop being a delicate flower man!
Update that bitch up! >8(
apparently it's not even out in the US anyway...

DenogginizerOS said:
I have had relatively lag free experiences as well. However, I hear so many complaining about it, I have to acknowledge it.
yeah, i acknowledge it too, but it's basically only East Coast US PS3 BFBC2 servers that are having serious lag issues. everyone else seems to be ok.

adriano999 said:
omg, they fixed the GOL :lol
what do you mean fixed?

Fersis

apparently it's not even out in the US anyway...

yeah, i acknowledge it too, but it's basically only East Coast US PS3 BFBC2 servers that are having serious lag issues. everyone else seems to be ok.

what do you mean fixed?
Someone in the Official forums said:
The texture glitch when using the ACOG or Red Dot with the Magnum GOL rifle (black lines appear) is gone
Wow, the patch has lots of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom