• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ballistictiger said:
I'll wait all day if it gets rid of the lag.

I'm curious to see if the lag will be addressed. But I have a feeling I won't be in the mood to play by the time we can. :lol

Wthermans

Banned
TheThunder said:
Battlefield is not a niche. It sold 2.3 million copies in it's first year.

I totally agree however with your last point. DICE got too much shit on their plate right now, I don't know if it's EA or dice's fault but it doesn't give me any hope for their future game support.
You missed the part where I said it was a large niche. There is no other game in the genre that is like Battlefield (Battlefront was close, but slightly smaller in scale). That's why it's niche.

The Faceless Master said:
PS3 only. PC patched is delayed because of a transit strike in Romania (where their PC QA is) and 360 update is "coming".
Honestly I'm skeptical about their justification for the delay. The Romanian transit strike has been happening since the end of March/beginning of April. We've already had a few patches go through the QA process and be released.

And quite frankly, even if it is true is DICE going to wait until the transit workers are done striking to finish the QA process? Given that this strike has lasted 2 full months now and it doesn't look to be ending anytime soon, does that mean DICE is going to let the PC version of the game flounder? How long will they wait before they move the PC QA in-house and finish the patch?

Az

recklessmind said:
I'm curious to see if the lag will be addressed. But I have a feeling I won't be in the mood to play by the time we can. :lol

My prediction is lag will be fine until later on tonight or tomorrow when everyone updates and gets back to playing. I don't have crazy conspiracy theories regarding the lag since I don't know too much about hosting and all that. The ball was dropped when a month after all we got was "Give me your area, provider and console and... well yea that's it..."

Wthermans said:
Honestly I'm skeptical about their justification for the delay. The Romanian transit strike has been happening since the end of March/beginning of April. We've already had a few patches go through the QA process and be released.

And quite frankly, even if it is true is DICE going to wait until the transit workers are done striking to finish the QA process? Given that this strike has lasted 2 full months now and it doesn't look to be ending anytime soon, does that mean DICE is going to let the PC version of the game flounder? How long will they wait before they move the PC QA in-house and finish the patch?
i have no idea if it's true, i'm just repeating what they said...

Wthermans

Banned
i have no idea if it's true, i'm just repeating what they said...
I know you're just relaying the information. I was just making conversation to help control the disappointment from still not having a patch. :eek:

No_Style

As silly as this may sound, I thought VIP Map Pack #3 was being held to coincide with MW2's Resurgence Pack, but it wasn't. Why did they announce it so early?

1stStrike

Banned
Downloading the patch now. Will be on in a bit.

I got 3DDH today, beat the first dungeon. Pretty funny game thus far. I actually laughed out loud when I found "sticky white stuff" on the ground :lol

Also, when that one NPC was like, "I have this Demon game... it's way too hard, wanna trade?" :D

Also bought BF 1943 on PS3 and played that a bit. It's like an arcade-y version of BC2, pretty much. I thought it was funny how the wooden bridges in 1943 and BC2 look pretty much identical too.

I tried flying some airplanes in the flight mode and committed suicide 5 times before I gave up :lol

Just had two great lagless matches. Just finished a match of Conquest where we managed to spawn trap the enemy team and won pretty fast. The only weird thing though is that we had like 160 tickets left and it said our team lost. =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
modern combat was hot garbage.

Modern Combat isn't bad, but I'm EXTREMELY LTTP on that front. The 360 version only has ~100 (no K, just 100) players now. And they aren't teamplayers.

The maps, I have no issue with. They're not bad, but they aren't as good as "LeadFarmer" believes they are.

Downloading the patch. 16 mins left. WTF, FIX THIS SHIT, EA/SONY/DICE.

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
I tried flying some airplanes in the flight mode and committed suicide 5 times before I gave up :lol

Flying Airplanes in 1943 is actually easy. It's dogfighting that throws me for a loop.

But getting into a plane, taking up into the air, going to the max limit before the plane stalls. Bailing out, parachuting down and bayoneting a fool all 007 style never got old. The three maps, meanwhile, did. :(

Az

Cruzader said:
DL the 200MB patch in less then 5 mins here in US East. If you are going slow...change ISPs.

I have the fastest possible internet for my area, runs on my PS3 and two computers without issues. Even if it takes me an hour, I am happy some sort of patch is out.

todahawk

Cruzader said:
DL the 200MB patch in less then 5 mins here in US East. If you are going slow...change ISPs.

Bah, it's not always the ISPs fault. i normally get screaming fast DLs from the PSN store but the patch is estimating an hour for me right now.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
I have the fastest possible internet for my area, runs on my PS3 and two computers without issues. Even if it takes me an hour, I am happy some sort of patch is out.

Yeah, same here. I'm not bitching, I can't wait to try it! (Not bitching at all, promise, glad PS3 is getting this tday!)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Downloading the patch... 130 minutes left.

TheSeks

Holy shit, the model show off of the loadouts (normal/+) scared the shit out of me. But nice, now people can see the difference between the two. Wonder if the +'s will save a different loadout and not reset my loadouts now. :lol

Cynar

TheSeks said:
Holy shit, the model show off of the loadouts (normal/+) scared the shit out of me. But nice, now people can see the difference between the two. Wonder if the +'s will save a different loadout and not reset my loadouts now. :lol

360 patch is up?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ballistictiger said:
There was a post on the EA UK forum stating that points after death will be dealt with in the upcoming patch not this one.
Nope.
What they said was that they needed a server update to fix the points after death, server update that did happen after all.

greenjerk said:
What about North American points after death? Is the server update happening at the same time as this patch rollout i'm downloading now?
I guess it should work same as the EU region.

todahawk

Fersis said:
Nope.
What they said was that they needed a server update to fix the points after death, server update that did happen after all.

What about North American points after death? Is the server update happening at the same time as this patch rollout i'm downloading now?

Facism

Gold Member
something has happened to the pc version as arica harbour rush now has 3 tanks for the attackers at start. 2 rounds and both had 3 tanks.

Im sucking sooooo bad at this game...I apologize for my lack of teamwork also... I had some family over and they were loud ass hell...So I turned my mic off...Sorry 1stStrike =(

todahawk

B1gg_Randall said:
Im sucking sooooo bad at this game...I apologize for my lack of teamwork also... I had some family over and they were loud ass hell...So I turned my mic off...Sorry 1stStrike =(

I usually play less than my best if other people are in the room... i'm distracted way too easily. either that or performance anxiety :/

torontoml

Just went 59 and 8 on white pass, love the no lag and 250 ticket conquest. I had like 4990 points next closet on my team was like 1500, and 2500 on the other team. Won that round, figured I'd end the night on that high note.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Violater said:
Dammit TTP i come in peace :lol
totaly ruining my knife trophy run

Fuck again !!!

Finally!!! etu brute
Thanks Crack and Strike

:lol sorry about that.

Fuck this game has disconnected me 3 times today and just crashed too.

1stStrike

Banned
Violater said:
Dammit TTP i come in peace :lol
totaly ruining my knife trophy run

Fuck again !!!

Finally!!! etu brute
Thanks Crack and Strike

Apparently, I knifed you back at some point, but I don't remember doing it. I just noticed I had your dog tag at the end of the match :lol

Your whole team kept trying to knife people. I think that's why they lost lol.

Also, really glad for the points after death thing now. I set a bunch of C4 on an MCOM on Valparaiso, died and then someone detonated my C4 and I got, count em, 6 kills :lol

Got 2 D 2.0 kills from a couple guys hiding in one of our own towers on the last set of MCOM's on Isla (even though I don't need them anymore, it's always nice to see people die that way)

I'm working on gold starring my C4 and Saiga now, so I'm going to be shotgun wookie for a while (and coming in last most of the time).

Oh, and with this new patch they definitely made it more lucrative to blow up the mcom then to set it. Blowing up the MCOM the traditional way nets you 250 points. 6 C4 nets me 450 points. 6 C4 + killing anyone around the MCOM + blowing up the MCOM after setting it = holy shit I'm drowning in points.

I got 6 kills on the last map we played, but got an ace pin because of all the MCOM's I blew up.

I only have 2 more combat excellence pins to get and then I'll have my 50 too... getting there.

It's break time. Don't know if I'll be back on tonight. Was amazing to play without a single lag spike all night though.

Az

Ok which one of you is Ogre, my Nemesis. Calling you out right now... How can you do this to a fellow GAFFER... :lol

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:
Ok which one of you is Ogre, my Nemesis. Calling you out right now... How can you do this to a fellow GAFFER... :lol

Ah, ogre is on my FL... he joined in, but ended up on the other team. He got me a few times, but at 5 tickets left on isla I flew in a C4 laden UAV and blew their last MCOM up. He sent me a message afterwards about it :lol

Sorry ogre. I wasn't going down without a fight! :D

Az

1stStrike said:
Ah, ogre is on my FL... he joined in, but ended up on the other team. He got me a few times, but at 5 tickets left on isla I flew in a C4 laden UAV and blew their last MCOM up. He sent me a message afterwards about it :lol

Sorry ogre. I wasn't going down without a fight! :D

I saw the blinking C4 and Wes told me "yea look at Strike, looks like we're getting this". Five seconds later *BAM* and we won.

No "the thing we dont talk about"* for me tonight, great games and more points for arming and disarming was a great idea.

lag

The game where we defended on Isla Inocentes I freaking spawn raped 2-4 guys constantly. Got about 8-10 kills before dying. It was freaking hilarious because after I kill a guy I move and use the last location as bait and it worked the whole time. I probably demoralized/pissed off those 2-4 guys.

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:
I saw the blinking C4 and Wes told me "yea look at Strike, looks like we're getting this". Five seconds later *BAM* and we won.

No "the thing we dont talk about"* for me tonight, great games and more points for arming and disarming was a great idea.

lag

Haha, I couldn't let us lose to THOSE guys. Especially since my first 3 games of the night were all losses as I ran into hordes of lvl 50's that raped my face. I went 10 and 32 my first game of the night... fucking 4 lvl 50's and a 48 all from the same clan on that server.

What surprised me was Port Valdez. They put up a helluva defense for a while there, and then we were on defense and they all pansied out. We shut them down at the first set, and then a bunch left on laguna. Gaffers empty yet another server :D

Oh, btw, Randal: No worries dude. I just get pissed off at everyone when I have a retarded team. Nothing personal. You'll get used to me and my nerd rage eventually :lol

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
What surprised me was Port Valdez. They put up a helluva defense for a while there, and then we were on defense and they all pansied out. We shut them down at the first set, and then a bunch left on laguna. Gaffers empty yet another server :D

Mostly thanks to me, they decided to be sniper assholes and I started to mow into their faces with the heavy machine gun.

I got about 15 before they started to wise up. Then about 3 more.

17-3 KDR that round. Better than my 17-20 rounds when I came in.

Sooooo rusty. Flying the helicopter was kinda annoying, but I didn't run into lag for once, so yay, may come back to this and start into it hardcore again.

It's good to have the emblems all lit up, as well. Kudos to DICE for fixing the M1 bug. Too bad my M1 kills didn't carry over as I'd have a gold star in it or something near that point. M1 now is annoying to use, doesn't have the stopping power against groups unless you're lucky and they can't aim (and they aren't using Magnum Ammo). :(

Edit: Also on Ilsa none of you would hop into the Hin-D, and since the Hin-D doesn't have a pilot attack option, I went "screw it, I'll crash it into the hill and take someone out."

TheSeks <Roadkill> Attacker1
(still in helicopter, not dead but starting to spin out)
"Shit, well I at least took someone ou--"
TheSeks <Roadkill> Attacker2

o____O My helicopter spinning out took some dude out with it's tail/body. So crazy awesome, too bad I couldn't see it actually happen. hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom