• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psykotik said:
anybody have this problem where your loadouts wont save?

everytime i start a new match, i have to set all my loadouts from scratch. it's really annoying.

never used to happen before i bought the SPECACT kits.

Yea it seems to only happen to my sniper class though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Another night with 'game breaking' lag :(
I love the new look of White Pass SDM.

Psykotik

eternaLightness said:
Yea it seems to only happen to my sniper class though.

same here. recon loadout just wont save. happens to the other loadouts too on occasion. gets annoying having to reset everything everytime.

Treo360

Didn't have game breaking lag, but it is there. Games start out fine for the most part, and then about 5 min in, shit starts getting all wonky. I'm talking about stuff like lining up a shot, pulling it and seeing the round strike, but nothing happens for almost a half to a full second.

Can anyone confirm that the patch for the PS3 version fixes the issue with the M1A1 Thompson not tracking any stats or kills? I'm on the 360 version and only just discovered this issue trying to get all the bronze stars for each weapon. HATE this gun and spent a good 30 minutes playing with it and had nothing to show for it at the end even though I had killed at least 30 people :(

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/471448.page

Ballistictiger said:
1.03 was fine now 1.04 got to pop out the next day to ruin the fun.

Don't say that !!

I played today around 12 pm..ish and it was pretty smooth after downloading patch 1.3, only had one reload glitch :(

Will check this out in a little while.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, it's been laggy most of the night. We all just quit for the day.

There is one positive on this patch, though. For those that were complaining earlier about the recon kit not being saved, well, that's fixed now. I was using recon earlier and noticed it saved my setup from the previous games.

However, doesn't help much when the game is laggy and unplayable.

Right now I'm testing something out. I deleted the update and I'm redownloading it for fun. It's slow as a snail crawl right now. A lot of people must be downloading it atm.

Damn I knew this would be happening as soon as 1.04 patched popped up. A single day of smooth gaming for U.S then boom back to rubberband crap.

Ogre123

Neo Member
I had a good night both with 1.03 and 1.04. Last night I was the only GAFer on the wrong team, that part sucked. Tonight I was playing 1.04 with some guys from New York and the games all ran smooth.

leng jai said:
Oh great, 700mb of patches to look forward to!
You'll only have to download 400 mb. The shitty 400 mb. I rather have the less laggy 300 mb patch client side and server side.

Edit:

Demise99 said:
Neither of these updates will have any effect on Lag some users are experiencing. We're taking additional steps with the server hosts and some ISPs to try and alleviate any lag issues players are experiencing.

I don't get it though. It ran smoothly yesterday and then ran like shit right after 1.04.

Another edit: I am taking quite a liking to the Rex at close to mid range. I need to work on long distance shooting since the recoil blocks my view after shooting.

Psykotik

here you go:

11wg66d.jpg

for the veteran trophies, its basically the same as the conquered trophies except you have to be on hardcore difficulty.

Deadlock

Red Dolphin said:
M1A1 Thompson not tracking any stats or kills? I'm on the 360 version and only just discovered this issue trying to get all the bronze stars for each weapon. HATE this gun and spent a good 30 minutes playing with it
After checking out the Thompson recently, I have to say I think it's pretty good. When you shoot with it, tap the fire button quickly. Using it that way I can kill people pretty fast.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Psykotik said:
here you go:

11wg66d.jpg

for the veteran trophies, its basically the same as the conquered trophies except you have to be on hardcore difficulty.

Thanks. Can't wait to play some coop. Hopefully people buy this.

Christmas Crippler said:
After checking out the Thompson recently, I have to say I think it's pretty good. When you shoot with it, tap the fire button quickly. Using it that way I can kill people pretty fast.

I think I've been spoilt by modern weapons with scopes ;-)

I find it really underpowered. A few times I would see someone coming straight at me and start shooting them easily before they saw me and I would still die before them often. Funny that I was pretty good with this and the rifle in BF1943 but suck with them in BFBC2 :p

todahawk

Fuck me, I must'a got on right after everyone else quit. Went 1-6 W/L playing with scrubs. :lol

I played 2 rounds of HARDCORE squad deathmatch and it was actually pretty fun. The 40MM GL makes for nice multikills.

So with no GAF support I made the theme of the night to fucking stay alive. Got my SPECTAT kill streaks done except for the m95 and had a decent night overall k/d wise... until i was punch drunk tired at 2:30AM and started a pissing match with some clanners on white pass conquest. I lost.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Fuck me, I must'a got on right after everyone else quit. Went 1-6 W/L playing with scrubs. :lol

I played 2 rounds of HARDCORE squad deathmatch and it was actually pretty fun. The 40MM GL makes for nice multikills.

So with no GAF support I made the theme of the night to fucking stay alive. Got my SPECTAT kill streaks done except for the m95 and had a decent night overall k/d wise... until i was punch drunk tired at 2:30AM and started a pissing match with some clanners on white pass conquest. I lost.

You need to get on earlier, dude. We're generally on till about midnight - 1 am EST. Sometimes later, but whenever it lags, that's the time it's really bad and we just give up. :|

todahawk

1stStrike said:
You need to get on earlier, dude. We're generally on till about midnight - 1 am EST. Sometimes later, but whenever it lags, that's the time it's really bad and we just give up. :|

Yeah, it was laggy on and off all last night. Just played a couple of quick rounds this morning and it was fine.

FYI: I'm going straight up wookie hunter for a bit, I feel the need to put some hurtin' on some punks.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Yeah, it was laggy on and off all last night. Just played a couple of quick rounds this morning and it was fine.

FYI: I'm going straight up wookie hunter for a bit, I feel the need to put some hurtin' on some punks.

Uh, I've been a wookie hunter for a while. I always go out of my way to knife them :p

I'm about to hop on, so if it's not laggy I'll play a bit. If it is laggy, then 3DDH here I come.

Had a tiring morning getting stuff done and my knuckles are killing me (arthritis, here I come!)

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Uh, I've been a wookie hunter for a while. I always go out of my way to knife them :p

I'm about to hop on, so if it's not laggy I'll play a bit. If it is laggy, then 3DDH here I come.

Had a tiring morning getting stuff done and my knuckles are killing me (arthritis, here I come!)

Yeah, especially if they're the attackers and we have them locked down and there's 5 or 6 idiots sniping from way behind their spawn. Then i make a point of going anti-sniper.

I play so much better when I'm not freaking tired. I went 2/1 or 3/1 k/d ratio this morning. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Yeah, especially if they're the attackers and we have them locked down and there's 5 or 6 idiots sniping from way behind their spawn. Then i make a point of going anti-sniper.

I play so much better when I'm not freaking tired. I went 2/1 or 3/1 k/d ratio this morning. :lol

Played a few games, went 2:1 k/d for most of them. It's laggy as fuck right now, so I'm done till later tonight. Can't stand that shit.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Played a few games, went 2:1 k/d for most of them. It's laggy as fuck right now, so I'm done till later tonight. Can't stand that shit.

That sucks, looks like i'll be playing RDR today...

1stStrike

Banned
Odrion said:
Hey 1ststrike, remember when you told that guy to ignore me based on your anecdotal evidence of the night before?

Hey, it was perfect at that point in time for 7 or 8 people all playing on the same server. Now, it's laggy for everyone.

Odrion

Banned
anyone thinking a console-side patch would fix a server-side issue are living in dream world

The fact that it looks like they're going to release Onslaught before this issue will be resolved seems like a sign that I should bail the fuck out of this game. I'm starting to think that this issue is occurring because they moved the BC2 servers on to different hardware and they're refusing to fix it for cost reasons. Heck, you seen their response to the community, it screams of stringing people along.

Binabik15

I can quit this game whenever I want.
Not.

Yeah, I played again and finally got 500 shotgun kills. I´d probably be at 650 with shotguns having decent hit detection.

Pretty much only shitty games today that I bailed out after a few minutes, but lots of awesome moments. Shooting the pilot out of a circling Blackhawk with the 870*, suicide C4ing some guys trying to arm a m-com and blowing up the Blackhawk just taking off, getting a combat excellence pin after a nail biting one vs one for the last kill (even got a few kills after the 8th) and finishing the play session with a +58 marksman headshot for the 500th shotgun kill. Marksman headshots are awesome, every class should be able to get them.

Using weapons with sights (and especially assault with AN-94) is playing the game on easy, real men get >2/1 kill ratios with iron sights. But I´m tempted to whore it to get higher than 1.05 overall :lol

*Shooting the pilot should spiral the choppas out of control immediatly, it´s to easy for people to take over.

YagizY

I need to get back into this although I have no motivation because of RDR. Hopefully when I finish that I'll jump back in.

Az

So after patch 1.03 everything was great, now with the mysterious 1.04 patch it's fucked again? Oh dear.

EA/DICE just shot themselves in the foot...

The Faceless Master said:
so, i'm in the middle of a Laguna Presa rush game and it seems like the entire other team has gone recon. we're on the first base!
If it was you I was playing with and HollywoodHeroes that 1st set was a cake walk....until they decided to change class and just stroll past us :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mclaren777 said:
Has DICE/EA fixed the we-can't-upload/see-screengrabs issue yet?

Wait, what? My awesome death dude stuck in the air when his car disappeared and he died in it photo/grab isn't saved?

Son of a bitch, that's from launch. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom