• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
there's a difference other than damage? i'm pretty sure bullet drop is the same with or without magnum ammo.

I thought so, I'm pretty sure there's a youtube vid that tested it out and the magnum had a little more drop. IIRC it was really only at long ranges... i'll see if i can find it.

greenjerk said:
I thought so, I'm pretty sure there's a youtube vid that tested it out and the magnum had a little more drop. IIRC it was really only at long ranges... i'll see if i can find it.

It was tested positive after the major patch (the one nerfing the M60) only on sniper rifle (aka, guns with enough range to actually see the bullet drop)

Hellcrow

What really pisses me off we rush is disarming. Sometimes it stops disarming when stuff blows up nearby, and I'm stuck switching kits while trying to disarm again. So frustrating!

Treo360

yeah, Ascension is a good map to use Demolitions, lots of shooting people in the face! i dunno man, i never had that problem in BC1 with any of the pump shotguns and in BC2 it's just so apparent with all of them.

man, the Killcam would ruin some of my hiding spots on some BC1 maps.

Edit: Ascension with D2.0 would be cccrrraaazzzyyy!!!

By the time you are done (if it had 2.0) the place would be leveled, the only structure standing would be the Cathedral/Castle

somnific said:
man, i would LOVE me some ascension on BC2.

I'd love em all back. I miss them to be honest.

todahawk

UnluckyKate said:
It was tested positive after the major patch (the one nerfing the M60) only on sniper rifle (aka, guns with enough range to actually see the bullet drop)

Thanks.

Can't find the vid but some people over on the EA forums said the only difference with magnum ammo is that its effective range was dropped. :/

greenjerk said:
well, i haven't done any SUPER LONG shots in a while, but at the 0-200 point marksman bonus ranges, i haven't noticed any difference in drop with magnum.

Hellcrow said:
What really pisses me off we rush is disarming. Sometimes it stops disarming when stuff blows up nearby, and I'm stuck switching kits while trying to disarm again. So frustrating!
don't let go of the disarm button. even if you pick up a weapon while moving side to side, it'll still disarm after the proper amount of time.

yes, i'm sure, i've done it many many times.

Treo360 said:
By the time you are done (if it had 2.0) the place would be leveled, the only structure standing would be the Cathedral/Castle

I'd love em all back. I miss them to be honest.
that's the best part, there'd be nothing left standing! i miss '[em too, i was playing BC1 today, played on Oasis and Final Ignition. Damn, i love Oasis!

Been playing this with a group of 7 other mates recently and the squad play is absolutely fantastic. The only shame is not being able to make 'bigger' squads IMO.

After trading COD for this, BC2 is really what I wanted from MW2, something on the next level.

Just about to reach level 22 with all but 4 class weapons unlocked (1 SMG, 3 LMG). I really enjoy the fact there aren't as many arbitrary unlocks i.e. you unlock the scope for the class rather than the gun.

The one thing that annoys me about Rush is that sometimes defensive teams get a little boisterous and push up a bit but I guess that's how it goes :lol

MarshMellow96 said:
Been playing this with a group of 7 other mates recently and the squad play is absolutely fantastic. The only shame is not being able to make 'bigger' squads IMO.

After trading COD for this, BC2 is really what I wanted from MW2, something on the next level.

Just about to reach level 22 with all but 4 class weapons unlocked (1 SMG, 3 LMG). I really enjoy the fact there aren't as many arbitrary unlocks i.e. you unlock the scope for the class rather than the gun.

The one thing that annoys me about Rush is that sometimes defensive teams get a little boisterous and push up a bit but I guess that's how it goes :lol
if they push up, your job is to SNEAK BY without them detecting you and letting your squad spawn you and wreck their base!

if they push up, your job is to SNEAK BY without them detecting you and letting your squad spawn you and wreck their base!

That is exactly what we do. It's not so much of a complaint really, just a case of 'know your role' :lol

It's amazing how many teams do try and push up though. It's almost as if they forget what they're defending.

Most teams don't seem to pick up parachuting troopers either..

Tadale

Does anyone have any spare Dr. Pepper codes? I had a few saved up, but I wasted like two of them by accidentally cashing them in on a wrong account.

Az

Really laggy today. Was just kicking ass with Toda and got kicked. Lost about 2000 points and a bunch of other stuff. Am really pissed so I just signed off. I am not buying MOH for sure, even if they fix the lag tomorrow. I know DICE reads this forum, I was looking forward to MOH but you guys can keep my copy.

Klocker

yea the lag pissed me off so badly I went out and actually bought a CoD game tonight just so I could get my gun on in multiplayer without warping all over the place.

Oh and I have 7Dwn, 800kb up and all other games are smoove.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
that's the best part, there'd be nothing left standing! i miss '[em too, i was playing BC1 today, played on Oasis and Final Ignition. Damn, i love Oasis!

Seriously? I can't really care about Oasis. Other than the arti being able to be used if the team is able to keep the map moving up while you sit on it (and some asshole doesn't team kill you) All the way up to the forth push (third base)

I rather play Arica Harbor over that any day.

And I play Deconstruction everytime I play BC1. I just love climbing the cranes, even if I don't get a kill all round. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlefield Bad Company 2 PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Updates
The changelog for 1.04 looks like this:
  • Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing hardcore.
  • Fixed so damaged vehicle doesn't flash in the minimap if you don't have the powertool
  • Fixed so the SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
  • 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
  • Fixed tech hang when swimming under a pontoon at base B
  • Wrong weapon name displayed when killed with RPG7
  • Fix for the user can capture base B before capturing base A and this will lead to a technical hang
  • Change: you can get score even when you're dead. (eg. your mine killing an enemy while you're dead)

Sony will be releasing 1.04 in Europe tomorrow (8th June) and we will update all of the game servers once that happens. Japanese players will get a notification when you next go online with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to download 1.04.

Source

Keldor

Everyone on my friends list has moved on to Red Dead Redemption (which I have in my back log) so if anyone wants to play on 360 my tag is Skeletor64. Playing with randoms really sucks.

Yeah I have had 0 motivation to get Demo Man as my final achievement as of late. Think I am going to clear all the achievements from Red Dead and then come back to this.

TheDuce22

Banned
Well I sold my copy. It was awesome the first couple weeks, till they broke the game by patching in some unplayable lag. Is it really that hard to revert back?

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Really laggy today. Was just kicking ass with Toda and got kicked. Lost about 2000 points and a bunch of other stuff. Am really pissed so I just signed off. I am not buying MOH for sure, even if they fix the lag tomorrow. I know DICE reads this forum, I was looking forward to MOH but you guys can keep my copy.

Ugh, I know. Port Valdez was really laggy in spurts. Very odd.

But holy crap were we kicking ass! Everything fell apart after you left BTW. I bailed shortly after.

That last stand on Port Valdez was epic, there were a lot of tickets left when it was down to just A. I can't believe no one nailed me sooner when i was using the MG on the roof of B. I was taking out engys trying to repair their heavies and if it got quiet I'd swing around and check the far side approach to A. Got a nice cluster hiding back there. There were quite a few close calls.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
VIP Map Pack 3 Trailer

Gonna guess its going to be released this week.

Yeah lets be honest here, the best thing about #3 is that #4 is going to be shown on the in game store.

I know Fersis posted this earlier, but think it's been updated since then:

Last week saw the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 version 1.03 on the PlayStation 3 worldwide, which you can read about here. An additional update went out in North America to bring the game up to version 1.04. That update will be available in Japan today (June 7th) and in Europe tomorrow (June 8th). Additionally game servers will be updated in each region as the update goes out to everyone.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.
o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.
o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.
o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

An optional content update for the Xbox 360 will also be available tomorrow (8th June). Though it is optional the update contains numerous gameplay tweaks. As such we highly recommend all players apply the update as soon as it is available. The update will be required to access future VIP Map Pack content. Players will be automatically prompted to download this update when they access the Multiplayer menu. You will need to restart Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the update to take effect.

A VIP pass is not needed to utilise the update, however a VIP pass is required for access to the upcoming VIP Map Packs. VIP Codes are available through the in game store and inside all new copies of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Fersis

Yeah it was updated.

Damn, just fix the lag!!! This game is too awesome and i cant play it!!

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
Yeah it was updated.

Damn, just fix the lag!!! This game is too awesome and i cant play it!!

Yeah, lag was REALLY BAD this weekend. I ended up playing more FFXIII more than anything. WTF DICE, server lag should be easy for you guys to handle....

OH, here's a 2.0 Update for ya'll:

- I got "0" 2.0 kilsl over the weekend again. I did however have at least 20 suicides from haveing to blow up the building with me still in it.

- Also, if you C-4 and MCom station with 6 sticks of C-4 and blow it up, you get at least 400-600 per explosion.

Fersis

Cornbread78 said:
Yeah, lag was REALLY BAD this weekend. I ended up playing more FFXIII more than anything. WTF DICE, server lag should be easy for you guys to handle....

- I got "0" 2.0 kilsl over the weekend again. I did however have at least 20 suicides from haveing to blow up the building with me still in it.

- Also, if you C-4 and MCom station with 6 sticks of C-4 and blow it up, you get at least 400-600 per explosion.
The thing is that the servers are out of DICEs hands. :(
Anyway i hope they find a fix soon. I wanna play !!

Wthermans

Banned
I'm hoping that the addition of Squad Rush Laguna Alta means they're working on Laguna Alta rush. It's one of my favorite Conquest maps (when it doesn't end with one team camping the other in their spawn) and I'd love to see them work their magic on it like Laguna Presa.

Wthermans said:
I'm hoping that the addition of Squad Rush Laguna Alta means they're working on Laguna Alta rush. It's one of my favorite Conquest maps (when it doesn't end with one team camping the other in their spawn) and I'd love to see them work their magic on it like Laguna Presa.

Agreed, on all accounts. One of the more interesting maps and great map design.

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
The thing is that the servers are out of DICEs hands. :(
Anyway i hope they find a fix soon. I wanna play !!

True, DICE/ EA either way... Just fix it!!!!! LOL. Although, it is quite entertaining watching guys lag when flying through the air after gettign blown up with a NOOB tube or C-4.

desu

I hope all those console changes are also implemented in the next pc patch (which will HOPEFULLY also come THIS WEEK).

desu

Zezboob said:
VIP Map pack 3 is only for Squad modes ?

Not interested.

Well VIP4 will have Atacama Rush, so finally something interesting.

Wondering what VIP5 will have, really hoping for another Rush/Conquest map.

Gimme Panama Rush!

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:

I got one 2.0 kill this weekend and it was completely by accident. I called in a mortar strike on the barn by A on Laguna Presa.... :lol

Oh, and I'd love to play more squad TDM and squad rush. It's a nice change of pace but you can run into some reallllly good squads. I played some squad TDM (hardcore) and it was fast and furious.

PSN id = todahawk

adamsappel said:
At 1:38, how the hell is he shooting that pistol that fast?

It's the M93. The M93 is 3 shot burst and spamming the R1 button basically makes it fully auto.

Also, the M14 is seen multiple times with a 4x scope on it. Anyone think that they're finally adding optics to the all class weapons?

todahawk

coolcole93 said:
It's the M93. The M93 is 3 shot burst and spamming the R1 button basically makes it fully auto.

Also, the M14 is seen multiple times with a 4x scope on it. Anyone think that they're finally adding optics to the all class weapons?

I'm hoping for at least the M14 and G3. Hope it's not just for the Onslaught levels or somethign goofy like that.

greenjerk said:
I'm hoping for at least the M14 and G3. Hope it's not just for the Onslaught levels or somethign goofy like that.

If we're assuming that the trailer means that they'll be in the game, it won't just be for Onslaught. In that video, he was using the 4x M14 on Squad Rush.

1stStrike

Banned
You know, the laguna alta squad rush actually looks fun. I'm definitely going to try it out. I'm not sure how I feel about squad deathmatch (I've only played it in weeks) but nelson bay might be interesting.

I'll at least try them both out and see how I like them.

Fersis

Squad Rush is awesome.
A full GAF squad in SR is one of my dreams. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Squad Rush is awesome.
A full GAF squad in SR is one of my dreams. :lol

We've done it. The other squad usually rage quits after one or two rounds. That's the thing that sucks about squad rush. If one or two people leaves, you're pretty much fucked.

todahawk

coolcole93 said:
If we're assuming that the trailer means that they'll be in the game, it won't just be for Onslaught. In that video, he was using the 4x M14 on Squad Rush.

dammit you're right, up too late playing! :lol

1stStrike said:
We've done it. The other squad usually rage quits after one or two rounds. That's the thing that sucks about squad rush. If one or two people leaves, you're pretty much fucked.
yep, Squad Rush usually ends in rage quits after 1-3 rounds. Squad DM actually lasts a bit, since there are 4 teams.

o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.
o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.

Fina-fuckin-ly!

I almost never have any lag issues btw. I currently only play with randoms. I can imagine that forming a gaf US EU mix squad results in some people connecting to far away servers and lag/

Pete Rock

Loaded this up last thursday night and played for 20 minutes, still impossibly laggy.

VIP 3 with Squad Rush/DM maps... wow

It's almost like DICE doesn't want people playing their game, at all.

The fact that they do not explicitly run the servers does not clear them of responsibility for the performance of the game. I do not make excuses for the failings of my product due to suppliers up the line, and if what I've heard of their efforts thus far is true, it has been nothing if not mildly offensive to anyone who is not networking illiterate.

I went from playing this every night at least an hour with a buddy, sometimes stretches of up to 5-6 with the squad expanding from two to four players and back down again... now nothing, literally. Awesome.

They were so incredibly fortunate with all the people flocking away from the cesspool that was MW2 and now they've pissed all that goodwill away, at the very least. As someone who used to play BF2 on PC all the time, I really have trouble expressing just how broken this game has been from day one. Conquest horn and ticket bleed, what a goddamn joke :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom