• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Just gold starred the garand.

I went wookie with magnum ammo, threw out motion sensors all over the place and C4'd any vehicle I saw. I got an ace pin the 3rd game I played with it and was raping people left and right. I actually really like the iron sights on the garand. It's not so great for crowd control, but if you slow down, aim properly, and get headshots... it's pretty nice.

Went back to assault for this last game and went 29 - 7, got 2 combat excellence pins and finally got my 50. Only thing I don't have yet is the bronze star all weapons ribbon.

*looks at medic class*

Yup... most of the guns haven't even been touched. I don't know if I really want to do it...

I was on a server with some really dopey players this morning. Lots of lvl 4 - 10's crawling out (must be kids on summer break or something) and my team was destroying them (I was playing conquest) and locking them in their spawn repeatedly.

Anyway, taking a break to get some stuff done, but I'll be back on later.

As for lag, I got a little bit here and there, but only one rubberband the whole time. Much better than before.

Damn that's a quick gold star!
I used it last night for a little bit and snuck around with it. Went 15-5

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Damn that's a quick gold star!
I used it last night for a little bit and snuck around with it. Went 15-5

Yea, you gotta be sneaky with it, but man... motion sensors are the way to go.

Stats this morning before the garand:

Kills:12 227
Deaths:13 910

After:

Kills:12 406
Deaths:14 030

For those that suck at math, 179 kills and 120 deaths. While not exactly the most impressive stats, the fact that I had greater than a 1:1 ratio is pretty amazing for me (I'm usually tied or less than 1:1 in most games)

w/l ratio went from 2.16 to 2.20

I might hit lvl 40 today if I play some more tonight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
eternaLightness said:
So there's another update, 1.04? Any word on what this one does? I'm downloading now.

Hopefully fixes the disconnections I'm having. Got two Combat Excellence pins in two rounds and then... "Failed to connect to servers". Bye bye pins.

Edit: I see no new patch here (EU, PS3)

1stStrike

Banned
Violater said:
I go to work and there is another patch to DL when I get home ?
So much for jumping right into it. :lol

A changelog would be pretty cool too. Like, "hey, we just wanted you to know that we implemented such and such fixes"

Cause right now, for all we know, it could be zombie mind control software designed to make us all buy more DICE games.

Oh wait, too late.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
greenjerk said:
1.04 is 451MB???? WTF!

Yesterday's 1.03 was around 300. New maps and content incoming???? (pleasepleaseplease)
Gonna guess its the onslaught mode.
1.03 was a patch with fixes and once it bacame stable ... BAM! Onslaught patch.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Downloading it now... about 8 minutes to go till it's done. I'll let you guys know what I find.

Just started the DL... an hour to go at the current speed.
edit: very odd that the last two patches have been so slow to DL.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Just started the DL... an hour to go at the current speed.
edit: very odd that the last two patches have been so slow to DL.

Weird. I'm already done dling and installing it. Game servers are still down.

Nothing new as far as I can see in the menus. No new stuff available in the store. It's too early for Onslaught too, as PS3 isn't supposed to get it till what, June 16th or something?

Dunno wtf I just downloaded, but would be nice if someone would let us know over at DICE.

Violater

1stStrike said:
A changelog would be pretty cool too. Like, "hey, we just wanted you to know that we implemented such and such fixes"

Cause right now, for all we know, it could be zombie mind control software designed to make us all buy more DICE games.

Oh wait, too late.

Yea I drank that cool aid with BC1 :lol

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Weird. I'm already done dling and installing it. Game servers are still down.

Nothing new as far as I can see in the menus. No new stuff available in the store. It's too early for Onslaught too, as PS3 isn't supposed to get it till what, June 16th or something?

Dunno wtf I just downloaded, but would be nice if someone would let us know over at DICE.

Yeah, i didn't think Onslaught was due out for a bit. Haven't even heard pricing...
Very odd that we get ~700MB of new data in two days time....

The suspense is killing me! *off to check EA forums, twitter, etc.*

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
another update? wow.

No info on the official blog or twitter either....

Here's teh 1.03 changelog for those that couldnt' find it:

* Kit images added in spawn menu
* Fixed the "required rank" field on the unlock items specified on the W&G page
* Added M14, NS 2000 and G3 in-game unlock pop-up when the requirements for unlocking them are reached
* Added a server side check of the veteran status of the players
* Award bugfix for "Win all 4 game modes" (it had marksman headshot as a dependency)
* Garand did not track anything, Thompson tracked Garand.
* Increased the penalty points for TeamKill and TeamDamage
* Increased the reward points for Objective Actions (Flag Cap/Assist, Arm/Disarm/Destroy/Damage/TeamDestroy/TeamDamage)
* Fixed veteran rank number not showing up in ingame scoreboard
* The southpaw setting now works for the anti-air gun and the Stationary AT
* Collectible weapon messages fixed

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
Wha? I remember dying at B, I stuck with the damn thing till it blew. Didn't even bail when it was down to 3 health :(

Yeah, but I was trying to get you to attack A, so they have to split their defense.

If we took A and locked it down with the tank, the rest of the team would have a harder (but someone can rocket snipe B easier than trying to take A) but at the same time easier time taking B.

Razor210

The patch must have made it easier for me - I went 27-3 on Laguna Presa, just on the first set of MCOMMs. Three combat excellence pins. Also, why is the AN-94 so damn good?

1stStrike

Banned
Razor210 said:
The patch must have made it easier for me - I went 27-3 on Laguna Presa, just on the first set of MCOMMs. Three combat excellence pins. Also, why is the AN-94 so damn good?

Yea, the AN-94 is pretty amazing mid - long range. It's not only multi-purpose, but it just owns every other assault rifle. With the 40mm shotgun on it I have my short range covered too.

Also, servers still down so it's time to give FF13 some love (until I can't stand the music anymore)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. no one tried to ask someone from DICE?

TheAzRim said:
I was just playing 30 minutes ago, what's this new patch??

Oh no, I was going to comment on how smooth the game was running yesterday and today. Had some amazing games with Wes today....
Theres a new 1.04 patch (451 Mb)
Probably Onslaught assets ?

Az

Ballistictiger said:
Hmm another patch already. Please don't mess up the maintenance. I like how the game ran yesterday.

Oh no, I was going to comment on how smooth the game was running yesterday and today. Had some amazing games with Wes today....

TheAzRim said:

Nobody knows but we've downloaded it. Patch 1.04 and no description at all, not even on the blog.

Fersis

Ballistictiger said:
Nobody knows but we've downloaded it. Patch 1.04 and no description at all, not even on the blog.
Theres also a chance that most of the DICE folks are not aware of the patch going online!
Thats how the patching system works on consoles :/

Ballistictiger said:
It'll be awkward if it was an accidental leak out.
Believe it or not the patch release date/time its not dictated by the dev.

Fersis

The Faceless Master said:
sony putting the update up too early? that would be hilarious.
Well... a few days ago SCEE did that with an Uncharted 2 update.

Hey 360 GAF. Sorry I haven't been responding to party requests. During middle of the week, I get only 1 hour to game every night. Been pouring it into red dead. Will play some later tonight.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Yeah, but I was trying to get you to attack A, so they have to split their defense.

If we took A and locked it down with the tank, the rest of the team would have a harder (but someone can rocket snipe B easier than trying to take A) but at the same time easier time taking B.

I follow, at the time I didn't see a lot of our team around B (which was armed) and my first instinct was to take out the defenders running to disarm. You're right though, A is always a bitch, I'll keep that in mind.

EDIT:

Anyone playing 1.04???

I guess we have to wait a bit then.

Bad news some of them are lagging. *Crosses fingers* Please don't lag in the US when it opens up to us.

Az

Since I am waiting on this update and taking a break, I've finally got around to updating my veteran status. Battlefield Heroes is not showing up though, might have to wait a bit.

Psykotik

anybody have this problem where your loadouts wont save?

everytime i start a new match, i have to set all my loadouts from scratch. it's really annoying.

never used to happen before i bought the SPECACT kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom