• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Here's my stats:
ps3_Ragnar.png

ps3_Ragnar.png

ps3_Ragnar.png

edit: Wow 58 team kills... I promise I'm not a bastard, just don't go into an MCOM building if I'm putting C4 on it.:lol

todahawk

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
How is squad rush mode compared to regular rush?

What's the difference and is it fun?

To answer the second part of your question (since no one else did) :D

Yes, it is fun. It's a nice change of pace and I was shocked at how freakin' quiet it is compared to a full 12v12 match. I found myself using parts of the map I'd never used before.

Deadlock

Fersis & Faceless Master said:
Squad Rush
4 Vs 4
2 MComs.
20 tickets. (I think)
to add to this, it's 1 M-COM per base and 2 bases per map, and the M-COM takes probably 2-3 as long to detonate after being armed.
No Vehicles

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I've been meaning to do this for a while, and just haven't, but if anyone needs a good teammate on PSN, shoot me a friend request. My PSN is Ragnar. I don't think I've played with any Gaffers since the beta.

Striker

Been playing Conquest lately, but went in alone. Not the greatest player myself, but some of these teammates, if you feel gracious enough to call them that, are turrible. Think half of my team at one point was Recon hiding in either the snipe towers or way away from the flag captures hundred yards away, and usually getting 300-400 pts per game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't touched the game in months, gotta pop this game in again sometime.

I'm really loving those patch release notes, especially the road kills and points after death - for way too many coincidental times, I've missed loads of points while dead, especially some juicy multi-kills with tank mines...

1stStrike

Banned
Played a few games, got some bronze stars with the shotties I hadn't used, and did some helicoptering on atacama desert. Fersis dropped in, but every time he hopped in as my gunner the douchebag would jump out of the heli within 10 seconds. Then I'd get air raped by the other helicopter because I had no gunner.

Nobody in that game seemed to want to touch the helicopters. I'd get in and wait... and wait some more for a gunner... then some jack ass that couldn't shoot would get in.

Anyway, taking a break for now. It's amazing how much better I play when I'm not under the influence :p

I played 1 game and boy it was laggy. Since no GAF member was playing with me since I was playing with randoms I decided to be a douchebag. Those bastards had it coming spawn camping me.

Ballistictiger said:
Anybody whos looking for PSN buddies just add me Crakatak187. I won't join your games though. Sometimes you have to follow me.

Azrim and Dreamgazer's games are better than Crakatak187 and Striketh games!:lol

Razor210

Eternal Sleeper said:
Azrim and Dreamgazer's games are better than Crakatak187 and Striketh games!:lol
At least Striketh will actually pilot. Would you believe I was essentially the pilot for the squad? I'm surprised I didn't crash the thing after 10 seconds :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
Played a few games, got some bronze stars with the shotties I hadn't used, and did some helicoptering on atacama desert. Fersis dropped in, but every time he hopped in as my gunner the douchebag would jump out of the heli within 10 seconds. Then I'd get air raped by the other helicopter because I had no gunner.

Nobody in that game seemed to want to touch the helicopters. I'd get in and wait... and wait some more for a gunner... then some jack ass that couldn't shoot would get in.

Anyway, taking a break for now. It's amazing how much better I play when I'm not under the influence :p
I said sorry !!
Oh and i took down two choppers thank you very much.

Az

Razor210 said:
At least Striketh will actually pilot. Would you believe I was essentially the pilot for the squad? I'm surprised I didn't crash the thing after 10 seconds :lol

Ooh that was you. Can't make me fly that damn thing, I let the more talented guys handle that. :lol

IceMarker

My Stats (PC):

I haven't played in over a month though because of this god-like patch that's supposed to come our way soon. That and I have a wicked backlog I'm working through. Soon though, after my backlog is cleaned out and the game gets patched I'll go back into my normal daily gaming routine of BC2, TF2, and L4D2. :D

Daigoro

is the lag fixed yet?

tried to play the 360 version the other night for the first time in many weeks. it was all fucked up.

Cynar

Daigoro said:
is the lag fixed yet?

tried to play the 360 version the other night for the first time in many weeks. it was all fucked up.

nope, not fixed. I've just been playing halo and ssf4 lately hoping for the patch.

360 lag should supposedly be fixed tomorrow, the content update should transfer over to a new set of servers. Knowing DICE though, not holding my breath.

1stStrike

Banned
Elbrain said:
I picked this up recently and I think I am getting addicted, I love the pacing on the modes online.

Welcome to the party! PS3, 360 or PC?

Also, played a couple games with renderman earlier in conquest. Had some pretty awesome moments. I was trying to get some more gold stars (since at lvl 40 you really need all the points you can get) as well as some bronzes.

So, tonight I got:

NS 2000 bronze
M14 bronze
870 combat bronze
Light vehicle gold star
M16 specact gold star (4)
C4 gold star (9)
Anti-tank mine gold star (3)

All of them were pretty close, so I just had to use them for a game or two pretty much.

So, the C4... I used the ATV in white pass to jihad someone. Jumped off the ATV as he was running across the street, blew it, and watched his body fly in the air and smash into a house. :lol

Also, grabbed the bradley, put 2 C4 charges on it, and drove it up the road a ways and left it by B. Hid behind a house and waited. Eventually, some jackass on the other team ran up to the bradley and hopped in. Blew it as he started driving off. :lol I was rolling on that one.

Then we go to atacama desert, shooting down helicopters and stuff. I topped off my C4, so I went to land mines. Had two funny moments here.

Guys were driving all over our base annoying the shit out of me with the light vehicle the russians have. So, I toss out a land mine in the middle of the base, hop in the hum-v and BOOM, triple kill. Dumb asses ran right over it. I not only got my anti-tank gold star from that, but because I was in the hum-v, I got my light vehicle gold star at the same time. That shit rocked.

Then, I was pissed at the other team, so I went to their base, put land mines in front of their tanks and stole their helicopters. Some douchebag hopped in the tank, so I shot my mines with the hind's missiles and blew that shit up before he even moved.

My last two games of the night were capping the 870 combat and the M14. I actually did really well with the M14 and got over 3k kill points on arica harbor conquest (and an ace pin). Then, with all of my objectives for the night finished, I swapped back to AN-94 for the last round and raped their faces. Got another ace pin that round too, we had A, B and C the entire time and they were trapped in their spawns.

Phew. Lots of cool shit tonight. Not much lag either.

If only more gaffers were on. :(

Today was too laggy for me. I wasn't really on BFBC2 much today but my friend who came over was.

It was so laggy that when he went to defuse the M-COM it rubberband on him as he filled up the meter causing him to leave the area and the M-COM blew up because of that 2 times in the same match.

Ballistictiger said:
Today was too laggy for me. I wasn't really on BFBC2 much today but my friend who came over was.

It was so laggy that when he went to defuse the M-COM it rubberband on him as he filled up the meter causing him to leave the area and the M-COM blew up because of that 2 times in the same match.
The issues on PS3 aren't just East Coast USA either. I'm in an Australian PS3 clan and we have members not just in Australia but in Japan and Hong Kong too, and they're all reporting terrible lag post 1.02. Prior to that everything was good.

DICE have spent years building a good name in MP gaming and it's all going down the tube right now. When people in a hardcore gaming clan are preferring to play Red Dead Redemption MP to BFBC2 MP you've reached the end of the line...

Dice/EA should have gotten their own servers for this game. I doubt the server provider gives a rats ass about quality by all the lag we're getting.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Does anyone still play this game? I've tried getting back into MP past few nights and almost no one is on. Just then I played a game with me and another guy vs no one. Its really killing the game for me.

I'm playing on PS3 in Australia

Rubixcuba said:
Does anyone still play this game? I've tried getting back into MP past few nights and almost no one is on. Just then I played a game with me and another guy vs no one. Its really killing the game for me.

I'm playing on PS3 in Australia
The lag killed it for everyone else :(

Damn it's always so hard being a new player and playing with people with 20x times more hours invested than you. :lol There's hardly low level people like me, at least so far....

And playing with random people dosn't help either.

One thing more: the single player campaign it's even worst than the one in BC1, DICE should stick with MP games seriously...

I've seen an influx of new players lately. It's summer afterall and the kids are out of school. I bet this is why I see a lot more idiots lately as well.

Where is the best place to get on of these sigs? I've looked on a few sites and they're either not very detailed or will take 12 hours to update :lol

Wthermans

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
Dice/EA should have gotten their own servers for this game. I doubt the server provider gives a rats ass about quality by all the lag we're getting.
Why would the server providers care? It's not like they've got a very lucrative contract with EA to be the game's server provider. And it's not like there isn't a ton more server providers out there that EA can choose to utilize for their next game. Naw, the current server providers don't care about money at all.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Damn it's always so hard being a new player and playing with people with 20x times more hours invested than you. :lol There's hardly low level people like me, at least so far....

And playing with random people dosn't help either.

One thing more: the single player campaign it's even worst than the one in BC1, DICE should stick with MP games seriously...

Love the game, but it is a bit unfair to newbies who are at a pretty big disadvantage. Once you level up a bit and get some unlocks with a class your score will suddenly inflate bit time.

It takes a while to get past the initial newbie hump.

U2NUMB

Shred0r said:
by which site can you create such banner with the comic guy on the left? this one? http://bfbcs.com/pc ??? would be cool if someone could list all the sites that provide stat generetors in form of those informative banners. very appreciated. thx!

Pretty simple.. register at this site http://bfbcs.com/ and get your tag in the queue. Once it pulls your stats you can then go to http://bfbcs.com/graphics and pick out a sig. When I see others post a cool sig here I just replace the platform and tag with my info in the address of teh image to use any sig I see here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You know who is awesome?: Bazajaytee.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom