• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klocker

snack said:
I got kicked from a squad team deathmatch server today. Admin's message was the following: Playing beyond your stats.

Really now? :lol

I'm not on PC .... and this is one of the reasons why I quit years ago and why.... screw God-complex server hosts. :lol

Matchmaking for the win. :D

Najaf

Destruction 2.0 kills, how I loath thee! So I am getting serious about knocking this out now that it has been confirmed that they do not count in onslaught mode. My question to you all is where can I find regularly filled guard towers?

These seem to be the easiest 2.0 kills using the goose from across the map to take out one of the legs. I see random snipers populating these suicide structures from time to time, but I have yet to find one that reliably hosts a victim. Any tips?

1stStrike

Banned
Najaf said:
Destruction 2.0 kills, how I loath thee! So I am getting serious about knocking this out now that it has been confirmed that they do not count in onslaught mode. My question to you all is where can I find regularly filled guard towers?

These seem to be the easiest 2.0 kills using the goose from across the map to take out one of the legs. I see random snipers populating these suicide structures from time to time, but I have yet to find one that reliably hosts a victim. Any tips?

First set of mcom's on arica harbor, and last set on isla (i got 2 D2.0 kills once killing a couple of defenders in them)

dem

eternaLightness said:
Do you guys think there's a thing as too much spotting? I was thinking about this while playing with gaffers last night. Usually when I play, I tend to press select like a madman whenever enemies are around and I guess doesn't really give other people a chance to spot. I just can't help it. :p

No way

Spotting is a HUGE help to everyone.

thomastoad

Neo Member
Anyone expect this game to go up on the steam summer sales list? I'm really wanting to play some Battlefield but hoping for a 50% off sale this week.

Najaf said:

i got a Triple D.20 the other day on 2nd B in Nelson Bay, that puts me over 9000 80. if you take A first, you're almost guaranteed some D2.0's on B.

recklessmind said:
Don't even say that... I just bought onslaught.

Anyway, turns out flying choppers is extremely easy when you have the controls mapped right. Putting the AI on hard and practicing taking out the AA gun is pretty fun. I feel like I could already ruin an opposing team in a reg match.

:lol

$10 for chopper practice. Well spent.
man, i'm glad i really solidified how to fly in the beta on that one game with BrokenOath and aj2good4you2. we were in an empty server and blew up the crates and had the Apache and Blackhawk all to ourselves. we were doing silly stuff like flying one over the other and jumping from chopper to chopper. and jumping onto the cranes and antennas and other stuff for what was like an hour, it was hilarious.

kinda sucks for people that it costs $10 for a reliable way to get some practice flying...

dralla

recon is officially my favorite class. I just started messing around with the the 2 silenced, semi-auto snipers. I really like the SVU, especially on the more open maps like Alta. My 2 main recon loadouts are,

SVU - Mortar - 4x/12x scope - Mag Ammo
Neostead - C4 - Grenade Vest - Extended shotty rounds

I also get about 20 motion assists per game. it's really one of the best gadgets in the game

I'd also like more maps like Alta, it's more open and allows for more ways to play it. I think its become my fav map

thomastoad said:
Anyone expect this game to go up on the steam summer sales list? I'm really wanting to play some Battlefield but hoping for a 50% off sale this week.

I don't know...EA had their Steam Sale just the other week. Got it for $33 for my little brother.

Mully

Must have been a fluke before. I went through 7 straight games of lag. I just logged on and to my pleasure: no lag.

My bad about crying wolf before.

dralla said:
recon is officially my favorite class. I just started messing around with the the 2 silenced, semi-auto snipers. I really like the SVU, especially on the more open maps like Alta. My 2 main recon loadouts are,

SVU - Mortar - 4x/12x scope - Mag Ammo
Neostead - C4 - Grenade Vest - Extended shotty rounds

I also get about 20 motion assists per game. it's really one of the best gadgets in the game

I'd also like more maps like Alta, it's more open and allows for more ways to play it. I think its become my fav map
there's only one way to play Alta man...

1) baserush
2) spawncamp
3) profit

dralla

there are too many vehicles in the spawn on alta, right as the game starts people fly out of there on ATV's capturing flags.

The Faceless Master said:
there's only one way to play Alta man...

1) baserush
2) spawncamp
3) profit
and of course, right after i say that, i join a game on the same exact map and our team ends up doing the exact same thing.

the funniest part was we had the other team trapped in the russian base and somehow one the guys on my squad manages to get up on the train tracks (yeah, i know how, but pulling that off while spawn camping is impressive) so i spawn on him with the RPG-7 and shoot into a crowd and get a 5 kill MULTIPLE KILL with one rocket!

sorry eight quid, you were on the wrong team!

1stStrike

Banned
Had some good games tonight with Razor, 8bitgeorge, and towards the end JM. Started off with just me against Olimpia and someone else. Then, it eventually ended up with me and Razor against 4 gaffers on the other team. Our team was retarded, so it just kept going bad for us. We got tired of it, so we left and went to play rush.

Ended up against a pretty sappy team in rush... we rolled them repeatedly, and I was ace most rounds. It wasn't really that fun, but I appreciated all the points they gave me. I really need them at this level :| A couple guys on the other team kept trying to knife me, and I got tea bagged by two people. They must have really needed the ego boost after getting rolled repeatedly for 5 or so games. I'll gladly give away a few dog tags to come out of the match with 2k - 3k more points than anyone else. :lol

i got a Triple D.20 the other day on 2nd B in Nelson Bay, that puts me over 9000 80. if you take A first, you're almost guaranteed some D2.0's on B.

ah my favorite destruction 2.0 kill was at white pass.

Threw a grenade into a house - killed 2 guys.
Grenade destroyed hose - D.20 2 more guys.

I noticed that you guys were on conquest so I went playing Rush with randoms. Both teams were crate bashing so I just went on a killing spree. Since I wasn't playing with Gaffers I could be a douchebag and not hear complaints :lol

Numenesse

Neo Member
Hey, been registered to to neogaf for a few months but hadn't posted yet. I have BFBC 2 on the PS3, and I do have a blue tooth head set, feel free to add me(as i dont have many friends who have this game) . My psn ID is: Numenesse

I enjoy the team game and prefer winning the objective than having a high kill death ratio.

Feels good to be a useless wookie when your team doesn't need you because the other team sucks so bad. Got quite a bit of 370+ marksman headshots on the light house sniping all the way to the top of suicide hill over the weekend. High resolution ftw. Fucking little ants running around. You have to aim a body length above them as you watch the bullet fall into them. Feels so glorious. Especially the runners. :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
ah my favorite destruction 2.0 kill was at white pass.

Threw a grenade into a house - killed 2 guys.
Grenade destroyed hose - D.20 2 more guys.
If only your grenades came from a bag of holding. :lol

njean777

is it bad that i beat all of onslaught mode in like an hour? I feel it wasnt worth the money tbh. I love this game but it was way to short.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...-patch-announced-for-wednesday-june-30th.aspx

Comprehensive Update on the new BC2 PC patch for those that don't know all the changes etc.

We are happy to announce the release of the new patch on June 30th.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

During this time window, we will also release the new game client. Check back after 11:00AM (GMT+2), and try out the new game client!

1stStrike

Banned
I wonder what new bugs err features this patch will bring in :lol

We were talking about this the other day. Dice is always talking about how they need to run their patches through QA before they go live.

Well, I used to work on $10 million dollar engines in the military. If our QA missed as many things as Dice's QA does, then we'd have a lot more dead pilots.

Hopefully it's not 102 degrees Fahrenheit tomorrow I can't play with my PS3 heating up like crazy.

Ahh shit 96 degrees with 56% humidity forecast.

1stStrike said:
I wonder what new bugs err features this patch will bring in :lol

We were talking about this the other day. Dice is always talking about how they need to run their patches through QA before they go live.

Well, I used to work on $10 million dollar engines in the military. If our QA missed as many things as Dice's QA does, then we'd have a lot more dead pilots.
yeah, everyone who's worked in QA elsewhere always says videogames have the worst QA, and i believe them.

and of course, right after i say that, i join a game on the same exact map and our team ends up doing the exact same thing.

the funniest part was we had the other team trapped in the russian base and somehow one the guys on my squad manages to get up on the train tracks (yeah, i know how, but pulling that off while spawn camping is impressive) so i spawn on him with the RPG-7 and shoot into a crowd and get a 5 kill MULTIPLE KILL with one rocket!

sorry eight quid, you were on the wrong team!
I got disconnected as I was trying to blow up your mines. I was on two teams on that map that were just content to bunker down and hang onto C until the other team eventually won. Takes too long to capture alone so I'd always get killed. So damn frustrating.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Hopefully it's not 102 degrees Fahrenheit tomorrow I can't play with my PS3 heating up like crazy.

Ahh shit 96 degrees with 56% humidity forecast.

Ugh....and to think I complain when it's in the 80's here in Wisconsin lol.

But my job requires me to wear armor so it generally is hot for me at anything above 75.

1stStrike said:
Crak, dude, how do you live without AC? I'd be reduced to laying on the floor with a giant pitcher of iced tea next to me.
for years i lived without AC in NYC, but really, only August is so bad that a fan won't do. i only had AC the last 2 summers i was there... in GA now, AC is a must. and i'm from the caribbean, we didn't have AC, just fans, but there was also lots of breeze... and the beach! no such luck in GA... and not much in the way of wind either.

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I live in NY and when I turn the AC off the humidity kills me. I need my house to be at 70 degrees in the summer.

Also, lived in Las Vegas for 4 years. You can't live without AC there, period. Mine went out for 4 days in the summer and I had to sleep on the hard wood floor with the fan 3" from my face.

procrastinator

Neo Member
yeah, everyone who's worked in QA elsewhere always says videogames have the worst QA, and i believe them.

I really dont think its QA thats the problem. When I worked in QA we constantly had show-stopping bugs ignored because there wasnt enough time to fix them. In Bad Company 2's case there were loads of obvious bugs ignored that were found in the beta but just ignored by dice.

1stStrike

Banned
So, first full day at my new job. I come into work (i.e. open my laptop and login to IRC) to see that there's a server down, the techs over at the datacenter are being retarded and trying to verify accounts rather than getting the server going again, and customers are raging about WHERE'S MA WEBSITE, BRO?

Ahh, yes, how I missed being on the other side. :lol

vixlar

1stStrike said:
Man, I live in NY and when I turn the AC off the humidity kills me. I need my house to be at 70 degrees in the summer.

Also, lived in Las Vegas for 4 years. You can't live without AC there, period. Mine went out for 4 days in the summer and I had to sleep on the hard wood floor with the fan 3" from my face.

Hahaha, then, I won't invite to play at my house. I live in Yucatan, Mexico. We live at 35º C (95º C) and a lot of humidity. And all my friends complain why I bought my 40" TV instead my AC, hehe.

Back to the theme. ¿Can you be kicked on Xbox Live? A friend was telling he was kicked from a lot of games.

olimpia84

1stStrike said:
Had some good games tonight with Razor, 8bitgeorge, and towards the end JM. Started off with just me against Olimpia and someone else. Then, it eventually ended up with me and Razor against 4 gaffers on the other team. Our team was retarded, so it just kept going bad for us. We got tired of it, so we left and went to play rush.

I sent you an invite right after the end of the first game in Atacama because I noticed your team was awful and there was plenty of room in my team. At that point it was just me and renderman, then NoStyle and Evolved joined midway through the game.

The other team got better eventually though, some high-level dudes joined and put up a real good fight in Panama Canal. The last game came down to the wire; the flags were constantly changing colors but we managed to win by 12 tickets I think.

1stStrike

Banned
Ah, I never saw your invite. No_Style invited me at one point, but we were on our way out. I was too busy trying to make up for my entire team on atacama to really notice any messages. Renderman got me quite a few times, but I got some nice kills on him (long range CG to the face ftw)

Speaking of CG, I was fucking shit up last night with that thing. It's really quite cheap, but man, I love it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
olimpia84 said:
I sent you an invite right after the end of the first game in Atacama because I noticed your team was awful and there was plenty of room in my team. At that point it was just me and renderman, then NoStyle and Evolved joined midway through the game.

The other team got better eventually though, some high-level dudes joined and put up a real good fight in Panama Canal. The last game came down to the wire; the flags were constantly changing colors but we managed to win by 12 tickets I think.

That was really fun. When everyone agreed it was going to be the last match of the night, I was determined to make it a win... but we got off to a rough start. Other team was up 20-30 tickets on us. We pulled it out though and ended up winning by 30-40 tickets. Great way to end the night. Even though the last five mins every time I spawned I got owned.

edit: Also... you guys are good. I had some pretty solid games yet every time I check the scoreboard I'm third. Always right behind two gaffers. :lol

edit: Wait... was the last game that close? I thought we beat them handily by the end. I was pretty tired though.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh yea, a screw fell out of my glasses, so they're inop right now. Might not be able to play until I can get them fixed. I can't see shit without em =\

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
Oh yea, a screw fell out of my glasses, so they're inop right now. Might not be able to play until I can get them fixed. I can't see shit without em =\

n2lnoy.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
I lost the screw, damn it! I don't have another one, I'm broke atm, and the lens just falls out without the screw... and I'm not fucking taping it jack ass :lol

So the patch notes mention a v-sync bug for dx10/11. Is this why no matter what settings I run the game on I always have screen tearing? Because if so god damn finally. I have no clue why I can't get Vsync to work in the game.

1stStrike said:
I lost the screw, damn it! I don't have another one, I'm broke atm, and the lens just falls out without the screw... and I'm not fucking taping it jack ass :lol

Eyeglass repair kit? I always have 2 or 3 extras lying around. Dollar Stores/Pharmacies near you should have them in stock.

1stStrike

Banned
I used to have nice glasses (and will again once I get money) but for now all I have are cheapo military issued ones. They were free, so I can't really complain.

MrMister said:
FUCK YESSSSSS

AFTER THE 2 MONTHS I HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED THE GAME WAITING FOR THIS PATCH

FINALLY

F I N A L L Y

I mean, I realize the patch has some big improvements, but I don't really see the game an anything near unplayable in its current state?

BattleMonkey said:
So the patch notes mention a v-sync bug for dx10/11. Is this why no matter what settings I run the game on I always have screen tearing? Because if so god damn finally. I have no clue why I can't get Vsync to work in the game.

Yeah, that's exactly it.

iam220

Gah, that's the exact same change list seen months ago. I was hoping for more :(

Oh well, It's about time I got back into my favorite FPS, have been occupied with COD4 lately. Put like 50 hours into it already and all on a single server. Tiny Map (killhouse) free for all death-match for the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom