• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Oh, I remember that. Don't worry. I die a lot, but I kill a lot too. :lol

I was going on 3 - 5 man sprees before getting taken down by someone (just missed out on that pin).

I was getting 2:1 or higher ratios all last night. I've really come into my own as an assault... and it's all Crak's fault for introducing me to the AN-94 :lol

Yeah, i like to switch to whatever teh squad or team needs but I feel the same way about the AN-94. I can rack up a ton of kills but i generally help the team and score more points as an engy or recon (i tend to spam motion mines)

No_Style

Enron said:
Of course, you guys were playing against a team that I happened to be on, so we had no chance :(

I am the worst BF2 player ever

With less numbers, Battlefield games rely more and more on shooting ability. This is why I'm not a fan of Squad Rush or any of the lower number games since it's just boils down to that. With full games, people can specialize in vehicle driving, flying, defense or other areas of Battlefield that isn't shooting.

So I doubt you're the worst Battlefield player. Everyone can find something viable to specialize in.

Binabik15

Euro-guy here and it still sucks.

I played a bit after all the positive talking about no lag in this thread. Got a nice game on Port Valdez, got killstreaks, lots of points, shot down an attack chopper with the tank, C4 tripple killed a Bradley, 23:10 k/d etc. Slightly missed the Ace pin, but I wasn´t in the game from the beginning. Okay, good start after a long absence.

Played a few more games, eh, still feels weird. Lost a G3 vs revolver shootout after getting the drop on a recon while at full health, but stuff happens. Next round, Arica on conquest. Shot a recon 4 times with the 870 plus slugs in the back from ~10 feet away, he turned around and killed me. Yeah, I´m done with this. In more than one way, because I don´t even have SP stuff left to do.

I´m really disappointed how this whole thing played out, before the 1.03 patch I never had any problems.

First game since the PS1 era I´m trying to sell/trade away. Feels weird. Too bad Amazon.de has the PS3 version for way less than the other versions, looks like I´ll hardly get anything for it.

1stStrike said:
Oh, I remember that. Don't worry. I die a lot, but I kill a lot too. :lol

I was going on 3 - 5 man sprees before getting taken down by someone (just missed out on that pin).

I was getting 2:1 or higher ratios all last night. I've really come into my own as an assault... and it's all Crak's fault for introducing me to the AN-94 :lol
Yeah that gun is a monsta. You're welcome :lol

Cynar

I traded this in the other day. Sorry DICE, you dropped the ball big time with this game and really fucked up with the EA VIP crap/ "map packs".

1stStrike

Banned
We had some good games tonight (and a couple not so good games, but I'm not talking about those lest I punch a baby).

I had some food and hopped back on, only to witness my dog pissing on the carpet 5 feet away from me. So, I fucking go take care of it and shit, come back and the god damn server is full... so I was just like, fuck it, I'm done for the night.

Fucking dog. He just went out to take a piss like 20 minutes before I hopped on. Where the fuck did all of that urine come from?!

todahawk

1stStrike said:
We had some good games tonight (and a couple not so good games, but I'm not talking about those lest I punch a baby).

I had some food and hopped back on, only to witness my dog pissing on the carpet 5 feet away from me. So, I fucking go take care of it and shit, come back and the god damn server is full... so I was just like, fuck it, I'm done for the night.

Fucking dog. He just went out to take a piss like 20 minutes before I hopped on. Where the fuck did all of that urine come from?!

That's all they do: eat, sleep and shit/piss. My cats are the same way, just add hairballs to the mix. My orange tabby will hack one up in my shoe if she's pissed at me. Don't tell me cats aren't smart and spiteful, she specifically targets my shoes.

Cruzader

Banned
No_Style said:
That was a valiant effort in that last match we played, dreamgazer & CrusaderXL. Too bad our team wasn't pulling their weight.

Yea we were close but the other team/players were wanking off under a building or something.

About the dog pissing stuff: I have a cat and we let him out after he eats and goes to shit n piss on our neighbors property or somewhere in our block. No need to get him one of those cat litter things. :D

olimpia84

Fuck, we were having awesome Conquest games with the PS3 gaf clan and I got a disconnect error and whenI tried to join again the server was full =/

It sucked that I got kicked because the game was getting interesting: even though we were on a 15+ game winning streak and 'dominating', the other team was managing to give us a good fight and it was becoming more and more challenging.

The highlight of the night was this dude in the opposing team whose username was 'MANLY_ALLIGATOR69' (or something like that). When I joined striketh early in the afternoon he was already in the other team and by the time I got kicked out late in the night he was still in the other team! That means he was probably on a aprox. 20 game losing streak...talk about being persistent :lol I get the feeling that he set himself a goal to quit after winning at least one game against the gaf squad :lol :lol

Cruzader

Banned
olimpia84 said:
Fuck, we were having awesome Conquest games with the PS3 gaf clan and I got a disconnect error and whenI tried to join again the server was full =/

It sucked that I got kicked because the game was getting interesting: even though we were on a 15+ game winning streak and 'dominating', the other team was managing to give us a good fight and it was becoming more and more challenging.

The highlight of the night was this dude in the opposing team whose username was 'MANLY_ALLIGATOR69' (or something like that). When I joined striketh early in the afternoon he was already in the other team and by the time I got kicked out late in the night he was still in the other team! That means he was probably on a aprox. 20 game losing streak...talk about being persistent :lol I get the feeling that he set himself a goal to quit after winning at least one game against the gaf squad :lol :lol
Ha ha yea! When I joined Striker, he was playing against us. The a little after, he was still playing against us! I though his name ID thing is hilarious and actually stabbed him just to keep his tag! :lol Sadly he got mine too :(

At one point we had Man_Aligator, something chicken and sewer shark playing on the opposite team...that was weird and awesome at the same time.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh yea, I stabbed that guy too (and he also got my dog tags). I was talking about how I should make a PSN ID called, MAN_CROCODILE and have an epic show down with him. :lol

Cruzader

Banned
olimpia84 said:
So did you guys end up winning the last game or did you get the same "disconnect" error that I got?
The other team turned things around and actually put up a fight. We lost but it wasnt by much. It really was a close game. Really great games with all you guys though.

FerranMG

oldschoolpinball said:
is it me or has the lag gotten progressively WORSE with the new patch?

Sadly for me, I played perfectly before the last patch, but now I notice lag in many games.

It's not rubberbanding by any means, it's just that I know I started shooting that guy before he did, but still I died.
It's that I stabbed this guy on the back, but he did not die.
It's that I'm dead before I hear that guy's shotgun shooting.

It's not unplayable, but it was better before. :(

FerranMG said:
Sadly for me, I played perfectly before the last patch, but now I notice lag in many games.

It's not rubberbanding by any means, it's just that I know I started shooting that guy before he did, but still I died.
It's that I stabbed this guy on the back, but he did not die.
It's that I'm dead before I hear that guy's shotgun shooting.

It's not unplayable, but it was better before. :(

Battlefield has pretty much always had some issues with hit detection and accuracy of that kind. It's no Counter-Strike.

Just have to curse it and keep playing! :D

FerranMG

Noisepurge said:
Battlefield has pretty much always had some issues with hit detection and accuracy of that kind. It's no Counter-Strike.

Just have to curse it and keep playing! :D

I know from Bad Company 1, but what's bothering me is that it actually felt better until last patch.

Anyway, I don't want to start another lag-hate-age. :p

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
After a month and a half of absence... (I don't know what patchlevel it was, but it probably was 1.01)

I'm not feeling the game any more. I didn't have any lag, but I'm pretty sure my weapons do less damage. Is this confirmed behavior or am I imagining things? I used to be able to kill a guy in 3 shots. 2 in the chest one in the head with the Akaban.

If so I'm very saddened that this is another game that they patched the fun out of. The last one for me was Uncharted 2.

bandresen said:
After a month and a half of absence... (I don't know what patchlevel it was, but it probably was 1.01)

I'm not feeling the game any more. I didn't have any lag, but I'm pretty sure my weapons do less damage. Is this confirmed behavior or am I imagining things? I used to be able to kill a guy in 3 shots. 2 in the chest one in the head with the Akaban.

If so I'm very saddened that this is another game that they patched the fun out of. The last one for me was Uncharted 2.
yeah, they balanced the AN-94. it's still good, but it's not ridiculous like it was a month and a half ago.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
An-94 still feels like cheating. I've been working on bronzing all the weapons for a while (only one to go!) but yesterday I had a dry mag so I picked up the AN-94 off a dead guy and got a combat efficiency pin... its deadly from the hip. A burst or two and the guy is usually dead.

The only thing that sucked about last night was the shotgun bug or whatever it is. Hit a guy center mass and he kills you still having 100% health. Same thing happens with the knife all the time too. There was a moment yesterday when the knife failed on a guy (I was right behind him) three times. The animation and everything looked good but he wouldn't die. Three frigging times. So I was like, oh fuck it I need another kill with the shotgun anyway. Switched weapons, pulled the trigger. Nothing. He turned around and knifed me.

:lol wtf.

Still... the lag is gone for the most part, or at least back to launch levels. The game is fun. Playing with gaffers is great, except we roll everyone. I was pretty happy with the other team last night. Even though they were getting creamed game after game they didn't rage quit like usual, and they even put up a fight a couple times. We had to come back a couple times.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
An-94 still feels like cheating. I've been working on bronzing all the weapons for a while (only one to go!) but yesterday I had a dry mag so I picked up the AN-94 off a dead guy and got a combat efficiency pin... its deadly from the hip. A burst or two and the guy is usually dead.

The only thing that sucked about last night was the shotgun bug or whatever it is. Hit a guy center mass and he kills you still having 100% health. Same thing happens with the knife all the time too. There was a moment yesterday when the knife failed on a guy (I was right behind him) three times. The animation and everything looked good but he wouldn't die. Three frigging times. So I was like, oh fuck it I need another kill with the shotgun anyway. Switched weapons, pulled the trigger. Nothing. He turned around and knifed me.

:lol wtf.

Still... the lag is gone for the most part, or at least back to launch levels. The game is fun. Playing with gaffers is great, except we roll everyone. I was pretty happy with the other team last night. Even though they were getting creamed game after game they didn't rage quit like usual, and they even put up a fight a couple times. We had to come back a couple times.

Tried to join the GAF gang last night but the server was full. Played with some celebrity randoms... the other team had Sgt Tom Cruise, Sgt Matthew McConaughey, Sgt Matt Damon etc. Tom Cruise was suprisingly good, he got me a few times on Port Valdez.

dralla

I haven't played this in like 3 months. is there a list of all the changes made to weapon balance? ive been playing today getting used to the 'new' maps. i noticed a lot more people using motion mines. i unlocked the neo shotgun and using recon a lot. i forgot how good this game is

1stStrike

Banned
Played one match with olimpia, then I had to give up the tv (I can't wait until my tv gets here...)

I've come to re-appreciate the carl gustav on arica harbor conquest. They had the other team pushed back into their spawn when I got there, and then some slipped by, so I went engineer since they were all hiding in the buildings. Started demolishing them, and just blew the crap out of all the buildings. I think I might default to engineer on that map from now on.

1stStrike said:
Played one match with olimpia, then I had to give up the tv (I can't wait until my tv gets here...)

I've come to re-appreciate the carl gustav on arica harbor conquest. They had the other team pushed back into their spawn when I got there, and then some slipped by, so I went engineer since they were all hiding in the buildings. Started demolishing them, and just blew the crap out of all the buildings. I think I might default to engineer on that map from now on.
oh man, 120 kills until my Gustav ban is over!

greenjerk said:
Tried to join the GAF gang last night but the server was full. Played with some celebrity randoms... the other team had Sgt Tom Cruise, Sgt Matthew McConaughey, Sgt Matt Damon etc. Tom Cruise was suprisingly good, he got me a few times on Port Valdez.
What kind of clan is that :lol

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
What kind of clan is that :lol

:lol I know, i'm guessing they were all friends, they all started SGT_ and then some celebrity. There was about 6 of them. Better than some of the lame ass troll accounts people come up with.

Az

greenjerk said:

:lol That is bad ass. Hope some of you guys are on tonight. Missed playing with GAFFERS>

1stStrike

Banned
Just finished playing with 4 or 5 other gaffers on rush. We were doing well overall, but then we got to defense on valparaiso. Should've been a cinch, as the other team wasn't that good. Yet, we kept getting pushed back, and they were all over our spawn. I was fucking people up left and right (came in top score that round) and still we kept losing mcom's. Gaffers really let me down on that match :(

Then, the others left, and we had smaller teams (it was like 7 on 8) and just me and dreamgazer were left. For the first time ever, I demolished them in the bradley. I had 26 kills at the end of that match, and I think 2 kills were outside the bradley. I just kept holding them back, and pushing forward. Somehow nobody blew me up. Usually, I get in a bradley and 3 seconds later I explode :lol

Also, dream did most of the work since our team sucked. He had over 3400 points and spent the entire game on the UAV o_0

Cynar

greenjerk said:
Did you buy it used?

No, I bought it new and got the Limited Edition. I was expecting free dlc but all we got was content locked on disc so people who buy used get screwed. The laggy servers off and on since launch are what put me back on halo 3 as my fps of choice and was the breaking point.

1stStrike said:
Just finished playing with 4 or 5 other gaffers on rush. We were doing well overall, but then we got to defense on valparaiso. Should've been a cinch, as the other team wasn't that good. Yet, we kept getting pushed back, and they were all over our spawn. I was fucking people up left and right (came in top score that round) and still we kept losing mcom's. Gaffers really let me down on that match :(

None of our other teammates were disarming anything, so.
The team also has some magical ability to allow enemies to sneak through totally undetected. Largely due to the fact that most people were all at the way at the front and not defending.

1stStrike said:
Then, the others left, and we had smaller teams (it was like 7 on 8) and just me and dreamgazer were left. For the first time ever, I demolished them in the bradley. I had 26 kills at the end of that match, and I think 2 kills were outside the bradley. I just kept holding them back, and pushing forward. Somehow nobody blew me up. Usually, I get in a bradley and 3 seconds later I explode :lol

Also, dream did most of the work since our team sucked. He had over 3400 points and spent the entire game on the UAV o_0

our team didn't even get near to arm half the time.
I was there shooting 6-7 missiles into the crates and wondering when the hell the enemies were going to shoot me down

I wouldn't even bother shooting missiles from UAV towards M-COMs it doesn't do that much damage to it at all. I did it before and boy it took forever.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I wouldn't even bother shooting missiles from UAV towards M-COMs it doesn't do that much damage to it at all. I did it before and boy it took forever.

Sometimes that's your only option. It takes a while, but if your team as a whole can't push past the other team, then you might just need to go the UAV route. Hell, I've done it plenty of times... just hiding behind a cliff, in a tree, etc. and taken shots at the MCOM. Takes a lot of patience, but you actually get a lot of points for it in the long run too.

@dream: With 5 gaffers there's still no reason we should've lost >_>

I remember it takes around 7-10 missiles to take an M-COM around, not sure but it was a ton of missiles. If the team is already in the 30s kiss the chance of blowing it up goodbye :lol

The team will get wiped out before the missiles takes out the M-COM.

This is without advance warhead of course.

I'll probably start playing again tomorrow since that's when my so called "break" is over. I cheated on the break for 1 day so I didn't make it for a full week.

1stStrike

Banned
It takes 7 shots to blow it up unless you're off. I always go with optics so I get accurate shots. Also, unless your team is dying extremely fast, 30 tickets is plenty to take it out. You could also do fast reload too if you're sure you can land the shot every time...

I've done it on several occasions :p Though, I'm not as good as dreamgazer with it, so I eventually get shot down or crash into some random leaf on a tree and blow up :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom