• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh wow, i forgot to post these from last week...

2zez9e1.jpg

2d8rg5g.jpg

<3 M-COMs

Crakatak187 said:
I wouldn't even bother shooting missiles from UAV towards M-COMs it doesn't do that much damage to it at all. I did it before and boy it took forever.

well
1)There are multiple times where that was the only way we could have ever won the game.
2)It helps for spotting/killing people who are disarming.
3)It goes way faster assuming your teammates is at least doing some sort of damage to it.

I mean, 6-7 missiles is assuming no one else is doing anything (then it really does become a painfully slow drag.)

I wouldn't bother to get on the UAV if I know the overall team has a good chance against the opposition.

jayb

I've noticed that Onslaught tends to freeze on the hosts. But I haven't had any freezing problems in normal multiplayer.

todahawk

Eternal Sleeper said:
well
1)There are multiple times where that was the only way we could have ever won the game.
2)It helps for spotting/killing people who are disarming.
3)It goes way faster assuming your teammates is at least doing some sort of damage to it.

I mean, 6-7 missiles is assuming no one else is doing anything (then it really does become a painfully slow drag.)

I wouldn't bother to get on the UAV if I know the overall team has a good chance against the opposition.

I don't use the UAV against the m-com often but if I do I usually have xtra damage already equipped. that or fast reload. doesn't take that long and at the very least it gets the other team looking up and trying to take you out.

Pete Rock

Yeah, lag free for me all weekend yet again. I almost forgot how insanely awesome this game is full tilt when all of your shots register and you aren't rubber banding all over the place. Managed to get back into the swing of things and rank up from 32 to 34 which is pretty significant considering I'd basically given up when things got so shitty with the servers.

Onslaught should have come with the game, it's not terrible at $10 but this is the kind of thing they need to keep those jackals off the choppers in a live setting, among other things. It's also better for a quick single player skirmish than loading up a campaign level. I agree with those who say that the Onslaught games run even better, very crisp. Haven't experienced any of the lagging or crashing in this mode thankfully.

I like the way they use the vehicles in the mode as well, it's not terribly creative but it emulates how a decent player would use them online behind terrain and cover, sans the engineer wrenching it up constantly. Surprising how frequently they T-90 your Apache on Atacama :lol

todahawk

Pete Rock said:
Yeah, lag free for me all weekend yet again. I almost forgot how insanely awesome this game is full tilt when all of your shots register and you aren't rubber banding all over the place. Managed to get back into the swing of things and rank up from 32 to 34 which is pretty significant considering I'd basically given up when things got so shitty with the servers.

Onslaught should have come with the game, it's not terrible at $10 but this is the kind of thing they need to keep those jackals off the choppers in a live setting, among other things. It's also better for a quick single player skirmish than loading up a campaign level. I agree with those who say that the Onslaught games run even better, very crisp. Haven't experienced any of the lagging or crashing in this mode thankfully.

I like the way they use the vehicles in the mode as well, it's not terribly creative but it emulates how a decent player would use them online behind terrain and cover, sans the engineer wrenching it up constantly. Surprising how frequently they T-90 your Apache on Atacama :lol

yeah, i'm not a great pilot by any means but I tried out Atamaca in the Apache on normal and was shot down pretty quick the first two times. Good practice area though. haven't played onslaught with any gaffers yet.

Glad to hear that console GAF is having better luck w/lag!

Spl1nter said:
Anyone want to play today on pc?

I was at a water park all day, otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer. Might be down to play tonight, though.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Glad to hear that console GAF is having better luck w/lag!

I was at a water park all day, otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer. Might be down to play tonight, though.

Ya cant play tonight. Playing soccer. Seems like the patch will probably be tomorrow.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
yeah, i'm not a great pilot by any means but I tried out Atamaca in the Apache on normal and was shot down pretty quick the first two times. Good practice area though. haven't played onslaught with any gaffers yet.

I might buy onslaught today... probably will.

Cornbread78

I played a lot this weekend, NO LAG!!!!!~ Holy crap they finally fixed it. I still sucked though, LOL. Oh well, no 2.0, was a massive failure, I did however, notice a lot of boosters in White Pass, with guys jumpin in and out of games to join the opposite to to try and get 2.0 kills. Tough to do really, but damn, I blew up so many houses, that they need to give a bonus for it, seriously, more C-4 kills, no 2.0 kills...AARRGGHH

I haven't picked up Onslought yet either, problem is my wife let me buy RDR for Father's Day, so now, I have another game to backlog, and/or share time with.

Mully said:
The lag is back. I just played two games of really bad rubber banding and random weapon switching. WTF.

I'm not sure that one person's two game experience is indicative of server problems. Anyone else having lag issues on consoles?

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I played a lot this weekend, NO LAG!!!!!~ Holy crap they finally fixed it. I still sucked though, LOL. Oh well, no 2.0, was a massive failure, I did however, notice a lot of boosters in White Pass, with guys jumpin in and out of games to join the opposite to to try and get 2.0 kills. Tough to do really, but damn, I blew up so many houses, that they need to give a bonus for it, seriously, more C-4 kills, no 2.0 kills...AARRGGHH

I haven't picked up Onslought yet either, problem is my wife let me buy RDR for Father's Day, so now, I have another game to backlog, and/or share time with.

I haven't had a d 2.0 kill in a couple of weeks. Gotta step it up!

Not to derail but shit dude, we gotta git a RDR posse going. I just tried out the multiplayer this weekend and it was suprisingly fun. Plus they just added that free co-op DLC for PS3.

Evolved1

Mully said:
The lag is back. I just played two games of really bad rubber banding and random weapon switching. WTF.

Don't even say that... I just bought onslaught.

Anyway, turns out flying choppers is extremely easy when you have the controls mapped right. Putting the AI on hard and practicing taking out the AA gun is pretty fun. I feel like I could already ruin an opposing team in a reg match.

:lol

$10 for chopper practice. Well spent.

Mully

Just tried another two games. One on Isla Innocentes and another on Arica Harbour. Both were filled with rubber banding and my primary and secondary would switch at random.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
I haven't had a d 2.0 kill in a couple of weeks. Gotta step it up!

Not to derail but shit dude, we gotta git a RDR posse going. I just tried out the multiplayer this weekend and it was suprisingly fun. Plus they just added that free co-op DLC for PS3.

Hell yeah, well have to hit it up Tuesday or Friday night.

desu said:
Wasn't the pc patch supposed to go live today? Because right now I see nothing...
Probably tomorrow.

People are still talking about 2.0 kills? I got like 10 over the weekend. Easy stuff people. Just play Nelson Bay and bomb those mcom buildings. :D

zorbsie

recklessmind said:
Don't even say that... I just bought onslaught.

Anyway, turns out flying choppers is extremely easy when you have the controls mapped right. Putting the AI on hard and practicing taking out the AA gun is pretty fun. I feel like I could already ruin an opposing team in a reg match.

How do you have your controls set up? I keep flying backwards and crashing 10 seconds after lift off. Any help would be appreciated.

Evolved1

zorbsie said:
How do you have your controls set up? I keep flying backwards and crashing 10 seconds after lift off. Any help would be appreciated.

What's comfortable for me is having everything set to normal/default except vertical flight which I have inverted. If you're flying backwards this might help you, since I was having the same problem. After a few mins with inverted I was very comfortable. Still practicing, but it's pretty easy now. I tried all the other configurations, but this is the only one I liked.

Wthermans

Banned
desu said:
Wasn't the pc patch supposed to go live today? Because right now I see nothing...
I *highly* doubt it will be going live today. We were supposed to get an update first thing this morning and it's almost quitting time for DICE and we still haven't heard a peep other than "no news about the patch".

The good news is that BF1943 PC finally got a release date....too bad DICE isn't mentioning anything at all about that though.

1stStrike

Banned
Using the analog sticks to fly = 5x better than the BC2 default. It takes a few tries to get used to, but once you get it down it's much more precise, and you can actually fly pretty well. That's how I'm able to circle strafe in the apache/hind. You turn left or right while going slightly up on the analog stick and you can whip that tail around as you need it.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
Using the analog sticks to fly = 5x better than the BC2 default. It takes a few tries to get used to, but once you get it down it's much more precise, and you can actually fly pretty well. That's how I'm able to circle strafe in the apache/hind. You turn left or right while going slightly up on the analog stick and you can whip that tail around as you need it.

I'm tailsliding all over the place... it's fun. :)

zorbsie

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll load up onslaught and practice some more tonight. Hopefully, I can get better with the helicopters. It would be nice to not be afraid to pilot a chopper. :lol

Evolved1

Go to A.Desert and mess around until you feel comfortable. If you don't leave the starting area, they wont attack you. Practice little moves first like landing taking off in a small area and you'll have no trouble in the air.

dralla

switch to BC1 controls for the helo's, makes them much easier to control. you use the sticks instead of the triggers. basically hold up on left stick to go up, press down on right stick to point down, ect.

Evolved1

Actually I've been messing with BC1/Inverted flight and I really like it.

blanky

If anyone is doing some Onslaught (hardcore) on 360 and wants some company (with mic duh) i'm on all night probably (apoks)

Spl1nter

DenogginizerOS said:
I should be around tonight for some PC play around 9EST.

What is your steamID/BFBC2 id? I still dont have it.

Ive been messing around with AEK/Extra Grenades/Explosive Perk. A lot of fun just noobing around and kicking ass. I really like the AEK. I maybe the only person who likes its cross hairs.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Spl1nter said:
Excited except for downloading it. 980mb! The steam servers are already slow as fuck...

I think that because onslaught is in there. Otherwise I cant imagine what would require a gb of data. Maybe stealth new maps for the future? I doubt it.

Striker

Just got dropped to the Dashboard. -_-

I had quit out to find a new game, because the teammates previously were ass. They rather break glass, blow up crates and walls rather than spot, or shoot at oncoming enemies.

Spl1nter

AndyD said:
I think that because onslaught is in there. Otherwise I cant imagine what would require a gb of data. Maybe stealth new maps for the future? I doubt it.

except we arent supposed to be recieving onslaught. The patch was slated for ~500mb. Now its 980. So something big was included.

So my brother finally is home for the summer and wants to play some Bad Company 2 for PS3! But, low and behold! The VIP code is exclusive to one PSN ID and not the console itself. I've spent an hour arguing with EA Support at which point I requested the issue be upgraded to a higher department.

Either they will manually upgrade his status to VIP and give me the content I paid for, provide a new VIP code, or I'll spend the next week talking them in circles over the phone wasting man-time that is worth way more than they're trying to fuck me in the ass for.

A friend is extending the olive-branch and offering to allow me to try the VIP activation they suckered him into purchasing (similar situation, but with his father instead of brother) and I'm wondering if anyone knows if that would inconvenience him in any way by restricting his content?

snack

I got kicked from a squad team deathmatch server today. Admin's message was the following: Playing beyond your stats.

Really now? :lol

Do you guys think there's a thing as too much spotting? I was thinking about this while playing with gaffers last night. Usually when I play, I tend to press select like a madman whenever enemies are around and I guess doesn't really give other people a chance to spot. I just can't help it. :p

U2NUMB

eternaLightness said:
Do you guys think there's a thing as too much spotting? I was thinking about this while playing with gaffers last night. Usually when I play, I tend to press select like a madman whenever enemies are around and I guess doesn't really give other people a chance to spot. I just can't help it. :p

You should have been around for the beta / demo. You could spot everyone on the other team with 3-4 clicks.. no limit. I like how it is now personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom