• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spl1nter said:
So I played for about an hour this morning. Got to say I love the patch.

- Chat box changes at first were annoying but now got used to them
- Got my points after death
- Gameplay on the servers I was on seemed a bit smoother
- G3 feels like a beast now

More tickets on conquest is fucking awesome. Panama Canal was just epic and Laguna Alta is now even better since the rounds aren't as short. Also seems as if ticket bleed was a lot higher. Now im unsure if those were the server settings that were changed or default. Hopefully default because its so much better.

Now hit detection feels really different. Seems to be improved a lot but it also seems that the hit box expansion when a target is running maybe to large. Does make is now a lot better for me sniping. There was so much bullshit before hand with not getting head shots. Then again the improved hit detection could just be a placebo effect.

Awesome. Hoping the hit detection is a noticeable improvement.

I am getting crazy amount of lag now when I run. While I am running I notice a slow down in my speed and I stop, then I start sliding back in place to where I came from.

I played on two servers, both with great ping and I still get this problem.

Spl1nter

Fourman said:
I am getting crazy amount of lag now when I run. While I am running I notice a slow down in my speed and I stop, then I start sliding back in place to where I came from.

Thats a lot of rubberbanding. Try deleting the BFBC2 folder in My Documents and restart your computer. Then try a server with below 24 people.

Fourman said:

That's the rubberbanding the patch was supposed to fix... Have you rebuild the BFBC2 folder in My Documents by deleting your old one?

Edit: beaten

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Awesome. Hoping the hit detection is a noticeable improvement.

Its extremely noticeable I find. I think the hitboxes maybe slightly to large now but its to early to judge. Again this can be my mind playing tricks on me but I dont think so.

Also XM8C is a beast. Going to have to try all the guns again because of the update...

Wthermans

Banned
After reading MK's post about the patching process, I'm worried for future BC2 patches, MOH MP, BC2: Vietnam, and even BF3. I hope they can find a more efficient process, but given the last bit of that post, I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon. :(

Spl1nter said:
Its extremely noticeable I find. I think the hitboxes maybe slightly to large now but its to early to judge. Again this can be my mind playing tricks on me but I dont think so.

Also XM8C is a beast. Going to have to try all the guns again because of the update...

Maybe you need a nerf.

Has anyone checked to see if running steam normally (not as an admin) now allows you to see server ping?

iam220

R.I.P T88 :(

Let the MG3 whoring begin! I'll have to see how the new AN-94 plays to determine whether or not I should move onto the XM8 or even back to the M16 ... haven't really used that gun since it's been nerfed. The M416 is looking pretty good to me as well.

Anyone notice performance improvements?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I played for about an hour earlier and its nice.

What I do like that I didnt notice before is blood spray in the distance and more of it nearby to let you know someone is dead. Much better when you are just watching and the spray tells you someone else killed the enemy so you dont need to wait and watch anymore.

Hit boxes seem a tad looser. But lag is gone.

Also points after death are golden as a recon with the ball and an engineer with mines.

Respawn camera is doing something funny, it resets to a fixed spawn point after 5-10 seconds of watching a squad player every time.

Wthermans

Banned
iam220 said:
R.I.P T88 :(

Let the MG3 whoring begin! I'll have to see how the new AN-94 plays to determine whether or not I should move onto the XM8 or even back to the M16 ... haven't really used that gun since it's been nerfed. The M416 is looking pretty good to me as well.

Anyone notice performance improvements?
I only played for about a half hour, but it did seem to have less hitching. I'm loving the larger hitboxes. Makes red dot sniping a piece of cake. :lol

Jtrizzy

too bad dice has been spending time on MOH...those maps would've made for a great expansion pack to BC2. Instead we aren't getting shit. I'm excited for the Vietnam stuff, but I am enjoying the urban combat in the MOH beta...seems like it could translate just fine.

As of now I doubt I'll spend $60 on MOH, but hopefully it improves a lot between now and October.

Was also wondering what info do we have on Vietnam as of now?

How much kills do you need with, for example with an Assault Rifle, to get the Platinum star? Do you earn additional points when you get the Platinum?

Zezboob

The respawns in this game is fucking retarded.

The game doesn't even rebalance the team, we ended being spawntrapped, with a team with twice of players in front of us.

For the next match ? Same teams.

Fuck you Dice for being so stupids. I don't know how it's possible to break a game by overlooking such obvious problems.
And fuck you with your false politic of free DLC of VIP. My ass, it's only content that was removed from the start. BFBC2 comes with less maps for Rush Mode than the first one.

/rant

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Lagspike_exe said:
And do you get reward points when you attain the platinum?

Yes... but I don't know how many. Ask Faceless, he's probably platinum'd every weapon in the game.

Mr. Snrub said:
Hasn't the "death causes mid-air rocket to disappear" been an issue since BF2?

Some thoughts on the patch notes:
-Nerfing the AN94 at long range MIGHT reduce its abuse, but I don't think so. FWIW, it has the lowest DPS at low range of the assault rifles.
-XM8C is shaping up as a nice looking SMG. AKS 74 got a recoil increase, PP2000 got nerfed a bit.
-Believe it or not, but the M3 now has the best close and long range DPS. Probably not a great long range weapon, but at close range, its looking like it could be great...my baby the T88 got nerfed, with the M3 buffed (and its naturally low recoil), I think it may be my go-to gun for close range medic situations.

Probably won't get to play today, unfortunately, but most likely will tomorrow.
i dunno about BF2, but in BC1, the same thing happened with RPG's disappearing in midair when you die.

Spl1nter said:
So I played for about an hour this morning. Got to say I love the patch.

- Chat box changes at first were annoying but now got used to them
- Got my points after death
- Gameplay on the servers I was on seemed a bit smoother
- G3 feels like a beast now

More tickets on conquest is fucking awesome. Panama Canal was just epic and Laguna Alta is now even better since the rounds aren't as short. Also seems as if ticket bleed was a lot higher. Now im unsure if those were the server settings that were changed or default. Hopefully default because its so much better.

Now hit detection feels really different. Seems to be improved a lot but it also seems that the hit box expansion when a target is running maybe to large. Does make is now a lot better for me sniping. There was so much bullshit before hand with not getting head shots. Then again the improved hit detection could just be a placebo effect.

Ya it seems pretty strong still. Especially with improved hit detection.

Havent tried out the helis yet but I want to get to that.
well, on console, default is now 4 seconds, down from .. was it 15?

something like that... i assume PC would also default to 4 seconds a ticket.

recklessmind said:
Yes... but I don't know how many. Ask Faceless, he's probably platinum'd every weapon in the game.
for primary class and primary all class weapons, it's 25 kills for bronze (500 point bonus), 50 for silver (1k bonus), 100 for gold (5k), another 100 each for gold 2-9 (5k each) and 1000 kills to platinum (10k)

for secondary weapons like rpg's, handguns, grenades, c4, knife etc and vehicle classes, it's 10 kills for bronze, 25 for silver, 50 for gold, another 50 each for gold 2-9 and 500 for platinum. bonuses remain the same.

i don't have a platinum on any primary weapon, but i do on Grenades, Knife, AT Mines, Carl Gustav, 40mm GL and C4.

Zezboob said:
The respawns in this game is fucking retarded.

The game doesn't even rebalance the team, we ended being spawntrapped, with a team with twice of players in front of us.

For the next match ? Same teams.

Fuck you Dice for being so stupids. I don't know how it's possible to break a game by overlooking such obvious problems.
And fuck you with your false politic of free DLC of VIP. My ass, it's only content that was removed from the start. BFBC2 comes with less maps for Rush Mode than the first one.

/rant
Uh...autobalance IS in game and working. You realize the server can turn it off, right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hot damn 11,000 points in a single game.

The defibrillator noise is stuck in my head :lol.

Cornbread78 said:
Increase the damage at long range for an Uzi, really? WTF is the point of that? I already get snipped with a UMP and/or UZI from across the map at times and it's total B.S, now they are making it worse.
you sure it's not just the UMP? UZI is pretty wild when it comes to bullet spread.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
you sure it's not just the UMP? UZI is pretty wild when it comes to bullet spread.

Uzi is my favorite SMG and probably the only primary I'll ever platinum. I regularly countersnipe recons at range and I win most 1 v 1 encounters because of its high ROF + mag ammo.

It's a beast in any situation. It's practically a sniper rifle with an ACOG. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i dunno about BF2, but in BC1, the same thing happened with RPG's disappearing in midair when you die.

well, on console, default is now 4 seconds, down from .. was it 15?

something like that... i assume PC would also default to 4 seconds a ticket.

12, IIRC.

And yeah, that disappearing rocket is annoying as hell. Had it happen on BC1 on occasion but no where as often as it does in BC2. :/

Also I really dislike the AK-74 recoil increase, but that's probably because I've been using the AK for months on engineer and now it's getting me killed a lot. :/

I haven't been playing often lately. Too many other games (gotta finish the last section in Trauma Team and MGS5:pW/Persona 4/Wipeout HD are pulling me away) and being rusty has kinda pushed me away from BC2. I don't like how stats focused BC2 is compared to BC where my KDR didn't matter to me. Ugh. Hate being one of those people but I can't help it. :/

TheSeks said:
12, IIRC.

And yeah, that disappearing rocket is annoying as hell. Had it happen on BC1 on occasion but no where as often as it does in BC2. :/

Also I really dislike the AK-74 recoil increase, but that's probably because I've been using the AK for months on engineer and now it's getting me killed a lot. :/

I haven't been playing often lately. Too many other games (gotta finish the last section in Trauma Team and MGS5:pW/Persona 4/Wipeout HD are pulling me away) and being rusty has kinda pushed me away from BC2. I don't like how stats focused BC2 is compared to BC where my KDR didn't matter to me. Ugh. Hate being one of those people but I can't help it. :/
don't focus on KDR, i know i don't...

Spl1nter

I do but at the same time it isnt going to stop me from being a team player. I just use it to help gauge how well I am doing in a game.

TheSeks

I know, I know. I just can't help it as BC2 pushes it into your face more than BC1 did.

My KDR dropped from 2.00 at launch to 1.09 until last week where it 1.08'ed. I flipped my shit and did sniper dick to get it back to 1.09. I'm so helpless.

I mean I help the team, and I die a lot to help other players/throw out packs so I know I'm being helpful when I'm 1-3 on the leaderboard with many deaths. But it annoys me. My negative KDR is from other people (like Strike) tagging the person I'm taking down before I can take them down with my AK (which I'm trying to platinum to go into other engineer guns) because I don't have Magnum Ammo on like 95% of the BC2 PS3 playerbase. :/ That and my disability.

I mean I try not to let it get to me, but it gnaws me in the back of my mind.

TheSeks said:
I know, I know. I just can't help it as BC2 pushes it into your face more than BC1 did.

My KDR dropped from 2.00 at launch to 1.09 until last week where it 1.08'ed. I flipped my shit and did sniper dick to get it back to 1.09. I'm so helpless.

I mean I help the team, and I die a lot to help other players/throw out packs so I know I'm being helpful when I'm 1-3 on the leaderboard with many deaths. But it annoys me. My negative KDR is from other people (like Strike) tagging the person I'm taking down before I can take them down with my AK (which I'm trying to platinum to go into other engineer guns) because I don't have Magnum Ammo on like 95% of the BC2 PS3 playerbase. :/ That and my disability.

I mean I try not to let it get to me, but it gnaws me in the back of my mind.
i dunno man, i'm the type that almost always spots before i shoot, and i get a ton of assists because of it, and i only use magnum ammo with sniper rifles, but i still manage to get some kills... some games anyway... especially with and/or against tanks :D

Evolved1

What do you use instead of mag ammo?

I don't know... the game doesn't feel right without the damage boost from mag. I come from the tactical shooter scene though. That's my FPS background. Games like BF are as non-sim as I can usually tolerate. Bullet sponge gameplay is a huge turn off and was a major complaint of mine from BC1. I don't think I'd even be playing the game w/o mag ammo.

Damn, BC2 PC feels "right" now with the latest patch. No more annoying mini-stutters that the last patch gave me, and shooting feels great now.

1st BF moment since patch, the Lighthouse on Valparaiso had 4 enemy attackers on the very top (with medic, of course). Giving our team hell, so i made a sneak for the enemy helicopter. Jumped in, flew over to the lighthouse, parachuted out, took out 1 guy while flying in, landed, shot the medic coming to revive him, then turned and knifed the 2 snipers. I then stayed up there ready to take out the helicopter which they used a couple of times more to get on there :lol

Numenesse

Neo Member
if you land a helicopter directly on top of someone, does that kill them and give you the air road kill trophy?

Also, any PS3 players regularly play this game? Add me on PSN: Numenesse

Yeah it does. My friend did it to somebody and boy was it funny to me.

Anybody who is looking for a person to play with could add me but I won't join your games most of the time. I join usually Azrim and Strike games as many PS3 Gaffers do. I been playing with randoms lately.

PSN:Crakatak187

Evolved1

I torpedo'd multiple blackhawks today trying for that damn trophy and missed every time in explosive "epic fails". :/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
recklessmind said:
I torpedo'd multiple blackhawks today trying for that damn trophy and missed every time in explosive "epic fails". :/

I used a UAV and found a unwitting sniper to collide into multiple times, it's really much easier than a helicopter.

The way my friend did it so bail out in mid air parachuting and hope it crushes the enemy and it did. The way I got mines is running over somebody with UAV but it's hard as hell sometimes for me.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

I don't know... the game doesn't feel right without the damage boost from mag. I come from the tactical shooter scene though. That's my FPS background. Games like BF are as non-sim as I can usually tolerate. Bullet sponge gameplay is a huge turn off and was a major complaint of mine from BC1. I don't think I'd even be playing the game w/o mag ammo.

Engineer: Explosive + for RPG's to take down tanks quickly.
Medic: Heal Range/Rate + for faster healing of the team.

The problem with Magnum Ammo is the buff will let the person win even if they don't have the draw. I can start to fire on a player and be gunned down two seconds later because they only tapped fire + buffed.

:|

The game isn't a bullet sponge without the buff anyway, it just lets you kill 0.50 seconds quicker. :/

recklessmind said:

usually explosive damage.

I use magnum on my Assault and Explosive on Engineer. I don't use Ceramic at all because to me the best defense is a good offense. 1 less bullet to kill makes a huge difference in a gun fight against multiple enemies.

olimpia84

Crakatak187 said:
Good games Olimpia and Dreamgazer. I thought we were going to lose since we were 60+ points behind.

Yeah that was a good comeback, I think we were 73 tickets behind at one point :lol
However, the highlight of the night was the first game in that Laguna Presa level. We got in the tank first thing and they were never able to destroy it. It was funny because at one point their entire team were pretty much engineers and were shooting rockets from everywhere, yet we manage to keep the tank alive and kill them all :D :lol

IceMarker

The new patch for the PC is GLORIOUS. :D

Although they need to nerf the AN-94 again and there's a few glitches with the new chat system (blue box anyone?) and there's a TINY bit of rubber banding with the new hitbox system I think.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Headshots seem wayyyy too easy now and Im getting quite a bit of lag and stuttering that wasnt there prepatch, but maybe its my end with my shitty DSL but whatever. All and all though the game is still damn fun and I just got my G3 and I love that thing.

What do you people think I should use with the G3, Magnum Ammo or LMG acc? Ive only ever used LMG acc with LMGs since they all have pretty low acc especially the G3 but it also has pretty low dmg too. So what do people find is a better fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom