• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numenesse

Neo Member
Pankaks said:
I used a UAV and found a unwitting sniper to collide into multiple times, it's really much easier than a helicopter.

Does it take multiple rams with the UAV into someone? I tried before to ram someone with the UAV and I swore i hit them but they didn't die.

Numenesse said:
Does it take multiple rams with the UAV into someone? I tried before to ram someone with the UAV and I swore i hit them but they didn't die.
just once, but it's picky. actually, it should be easier now that they made roadkills easier.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Numenesse said:

Took me a couple of tries to hit him just right but given the attention span of most recons it really shouldn't be that hard. Oh and make sure you got that extra vehicle armor perk too.

While you're off doing that, I fully believe now that I will never get that destruction 2.0 achievement nor the knife 5 friends achievement either :(.

Mully

Funny moment tonight:

A group of friends and I were holding the island base on Isla Innocentes pretty well until suddenly it went from a 7v7 game to a 7v12 game. All hell broke loose after that. I was reviving guys left and right; constantly rushing back and forth from A to B. After my sixth or so lap between bases another Blackhawk rolled in. The chopper dove straight into my path running towards A. Right as I was reviving a fallen teammate, I also managed to kill the pilot with the Defib. The chopper lost control and slid right into me and killed two of my other teammates.

It all happened within seconds, but we couldn't stop laughing for the next ten minutes.

All that talking in the background with my brother and his friend was pissing me off so I stopped and the other squad is a bunch of chumps.

Jtrizzy

sounded like there was some deep conversations going on? Do you use the pseye as a microphone or is yours just really sensitive?

I'll be off for a few days, so as usual...

Not sure why it's saying 996 kills for pp2000 even though I already plat it.

ps3_dreamgazer.png

ps3_dreamgazer.png

Crakatak187 said:
Did you guys heard it? I'm a highly introverted person so every minute that conversation lasted the more irritated I was getting.

Heard it, but couldn't make out what was being said.

that being said - i can barely hear people when wartapes is on anyway.

Snowballo

Damn! I want to gain this weapon so badly but I can't.

700px-BFBC2-M1G.jpg

I know you have to be Veteran, but the site keeps counting just Bad Company 2 as games I played in past.

But I've played BF2, 1943 Demo. I also created a character for Battlefield Heroes but no luck at all.

Any suggestion please?

Snowballo said:
Damn! I want to gain this weapon so badly but I can't.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f9/BFBC2-M1G.jpg/700px-BFBC2-M1G.jpg

I know you have to be Veteran, but the site keeps counting just Bad Company 2 as games I played in past.

But I've played BF2, 1943 Demo. I also created a character for Battlefield Heroes but no luck at all.

Any suggestion please?
if you've played BF2 and Heroes on the same EA account and you still don't have the M1 Garand, you should contact EA Customer Support during their normal business hours.

Snowballo

The Faceless Master said:
if you've played BF2 and Heroes on the same EA account and you still don't have the M1 Garand, you should contact EA Customer Support during their normal business hours.

I've played BF2 years ago with a different username on PC (I can see the stats right now).
And it is different from the one that I used on my X360 (not the gamertag but the user for EA account).

Any suggestion?
Can I solve downloading (on PC) both the demos of BF2 and Heroes and log in (multiplayer) with my actual EA Account to fix the problem?

Thanks Kimbo.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
Did you guys heard it? I'm a highly introverted person so every minute that conversation lasted the more irritated I was getting.

I did... every single word. Every detail, every name, all of it. :lol
JK... i heard a few people talking in the background but i didn't notice much unless I was waiting to respawn.

Snowballo said:
I've played BF2 years ago with a different username on PC (I can see the stats right now).
And it is different from the one that I used on my X360 (not the gamertag but the user for EA account).

Any suggestion?
Can I solve downloading (on PC) both the demos of BF2 and Heroes and log in (multiplayer) with my actual EA Account to fix the problem?

Thanks Kimbo.

get bf2 demo and register with your current ea account
get bf2040 demo and do the same
get someone with bc1 to play 1 public round with your username/gamertag.

olimpia84

Damn, I just noticed that I'm about to hit rank 44. Usually it takes forever to rank up once you're this high up but the transition from 43 to 44 has been really quick thanks to all the weapon gold stars and even a plat star I got in the last two days, not to mention some high scoring games (including a 10,000+ points match in Conquest) :D

Eternal Sleeper said:
yeah, that stuff.

olimpia84 said:
Damn, I just noticed that I'm about to hit rank 44. Usually it takes forever to rank up once you're this high up but the transition from 43 to 44 has been really quick thanks to all the weapon gold stars and even a plat star I got in the last two days, not to mention some high scoring games (including a 10,000+ points match in Conquest) :D
43-44 is actually less points than a couple of the ranks before it.

Snowballo said:
you're welcome!

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
I did... every single word. Every detail, every name, all of it. :lol
JK... i heard a few people talking in the background but i didn't notice much unless I was waiting to respawn.

Just wait until cross game chat comes along and totally scews teamwork, actually just flushes it down the toilet.......

Snowballo

Eternal Sleeper said:

Thanks to you too my friend.
Talking to the EA guy he told me that you cannot register stuff playing demos. :/
You can obtain the registration with Heroes for free.
You just need VETERAN 1 to unlock the Garand, so that Heroes should be enough.

Ah, smart idea the one about Bad Company 1.

Zezboob

Mr. Snrub said:
Uh...autobalance IS in game and working. You realize the server can turn it off, right?
You are probably speaking about the PC version.

On X360 version it seems to be missing, or broken.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The weapon rebalancing in the latest PC patch... any of that in play on consoles? I'm getting confused.

It's nice to know what's been nerfed/buffed. For example, Faceless says they made it easier to get roadkills. Lately I've been getting roadkilled planting C4 in situations I never would've before (been complaining about it) and suddenly I'm like, "Oh... that's why".

Is there a place that I can read/keep track of these types of changes?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
The weapon rebalancing in the latest PC patch... any of that in play on consoles? I'm getting confused.

It's nice to know what's been nerfed/buffed. For example, Faceless says they made it easier to get roadkills. Lately I've been getting roadkilled planting C4 in situations I never would've before (been complaining about it) and suddenly I'm like, "Oh... that's why".

Is there a place that I can read/keep track of these types of changes?
With the latest PC Patch, consoles and PC have the same weapon balance.

desu

Wthermans said:
After reading MK's post about the patching process, I'm worried for future BC2 patches, MOH MP, BC2: Vietnam, and even BF3. I hope they can find a more efficient process, but given the last bit of that post, I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon. :(

Pretty much this. After reading that huge piece of ... its pretty decided for me that there wont be ANY downloadable extra content. This is also the reason all the maps are already on the disc.

All we will get is the buyable expension set, but thats about it. Hopefully VIP5 wont suck, I want VIP4 already ...

Snowballo said:
Thanks to you too my friend.
Talking to the EA guy he told me that you cannot register stuff playing demos. :/

such a lie...only 1943 and bc1 demo doesn't work.
bf2 and bf2040 demo still does

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Anyone on PC having trouble with spotting since the patch. It seems like they lengthened the cool down, but there is no mention in the patch.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Just wait until cross game chat comes along and totally scews teamwork, actually just flushes it down the toilet.......

Yeah, but it'll be nice when we get stuck on other squads and such. I'll just have to mute Strike.

Awesome matches with Jtrizzy, Crak and Dream. Crak and I kept our Abrams up the whole offensive stretch on Arica Harbor (great positioning with our tank Crak, always put us in a spot with lots of cover but good views). 6 and 0 baby!

dralla

i love the rex since patch. i got it to gold in 2 days. i wish it sounded a little better though, it's one of the guns that just doesn't sound right.

another thing, why the hell is the ticket count so high on arica hourbor for conquest? the games take WAY TOO FUCKING LONG. shit

Wthermans

Banned
poppabk said:
Anyone on PC having trouble with spotting since the patch. It seems like they lengthened the cool down, but there is no mention in the patch.
Spotting seemed the same to me when I played earlier.

desu

Enduin said:
Headshots seem wayyyy too easy now and Im getting quite a bit of lag and stuttering that wasnt there prepatch, but maybe its my end with my shitty DSL but whatever. All and all though the game is still damn fun and I just got my G3 and I love that thing.

Don't think so, me and friends of mine having weird lag as well, so have other people on servers. Man Dice get this shit fixed =/.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey guys I havent played the game since the week of release.

What changes ( no need to go in to specific detail really ) has made been to the game? 360

thanks

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
Logging on for a night of BC2. Where's my PS3 bitches at?

Green: if you mute me I'll fucking kill you <3

I wanted to try out the newest Operation Flashpoint (I don't have a PC decent enough to run ARMA II) so I picked up the PS3 version. I was going to be playing through that, but turns out it's like the worst f'ing game ever made and an abortion of the OFP brand.

So... I'll be on BC2 in a bit.

A nice little read from the EA forums:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1005576.page

ps3.Crypsys said:
I'm at Laguna Presa sitting on the beach, minding my own business. Sipping a pina colada and working on my tan. A nice french man in a red beret comes up to me and I think "Oh wow, I like beignets and i've worked up quite an appetite". To my horror, instead of giving me pastry, he then tries to electrocute me with portable defibrillator. I mean seriously, who the hell carries those things around?

As I come to I notice another gentleman coming up to me carrying a portable power tool and wearing a mask. I figure he's here to fix the chaise lounge that the jerk Frenchman broke trying to shock me. Instead of fixing my chair, he starts trying to drill the teeth out of my head. I try explaining to the man that I don't have cavities, but I appreciate him trying to help. I mean, it's a 3rd world country and they have all sorts of weird customs.

After stuffing cotton balls in my mouth to stem the bleeding, I start wondering if I'm going to fire my tour guide company.Looking back I notice a guy dressed in a grass costume. I figured he was a native and I wanted him to know I appreciated his culture. I walked up to the guy and started talking to him. No matter how many times I tapped him on the shoulder or made a noise his face remained glued to the binoculars. My only guess for his apparent lack of surroundings was he was looking at the nude beach on the other side of the island.

As my trip ended a gentlemen came to me who must have a worse travel agent then me. He looked like he was dressed for a skiing vacation, helmet, goggles and the whole 9 yards. I thought since we shared crappy travel agencies that we may hit off a pretty good friendship. Everytime I tried talking to him he kept throwing plastic containers at me. I mean hell, I like shopping at the container store as much as anyone else in this world, but how rude!

I finally had enough and went to the concierge to complain about my experience at this crappy resort island. He let me start talking but every time I tried to finish he would hold up these index cards with random letters and numbers. He wouldn't let me finish until i read them back to him correctly. It was a jumbled mess of caps, numbers, symbols, etc.

It's official, this trip blows, I'm going back home to a safer place, Kabul is really nice this time of year...

desu

Mr. Snrub said:
Anyone try this?

Uhm wait, so I have to find a server that maybe isnt using those (not that I would know what server admin is using it or not...).

As much as I love this game, I think I am going to wait a few more weeks until this crap is sorted out =/.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eternal Sleeper said:

You can't do the first two anymore, just FYI. The new veteran site won't count them.

You have to play a full version or have a Battlefield Heros account now.

Strike said:
Green: if you mute me I'll fucking kill you <3

Do it, Toda. You know you want to. ;)

1stStrike

Banned
Me, dreamgazer, evolved1 and (for a game or two) jtrizzy had a couple decent hours of playing. Went from a retarded team in conquest to a retarded team in rush (except it was the other team and we raped them).

I had some good times with the CG... had 43 kills at the end of a round, 28 of them from the CG.

PS3 froze, so I was like "looks like that's a sign for me to go do something else"

Enduin said:
Headshots seem wayyyy too easy now and Im getting quite a bit of lag and stuttering that wasnt there prepatch, but maybe its my end with my shitty DSL but whatever. All and all though the game is still damn fun and I just got my G3 and I love that thing.

What do you people think I should use with the G3, Magnum Ammo or LMG acc? Ive only ever used LMG acc with LMGs since they all have pretty low acc especially the G3 but it also has pretty low dmg too. So what do people find is a better fit?
I prefer the accuracy perk. It helps a LOT in spraying when they're up close.

This gun is such a beast now. You can tap tap tap fire so quick now and maintain long distance accuracy. I love it even more than the vanilla version (well duh!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom