• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

faridmon

I have been replaying the Singleplayer yet again, this time with no aim assist. I kind feel no difference. Or is it just that I am improving. The Crack the Sky mission where you have to decent the cold mountain on your own have to be one of the most intense gaming experience I can remember.

I am playing in easy, in Medium the shot gun can kill you in one hit right? If that is the case i have a lot improvement ahead of me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
so, PS3, Onslaught, Hardcode, any takers?

I guess I could be the person that hangs back to let people spawn. But man, I hate that mode's hardcore mode. So hard. :lol

Shnookums

reKon said:
how could everyone not play this as their main online fps? seriously, this game is like crack :lol (I'm just starting, i'm level 9 just unlocked the M4, and yes I love the AN-94!)

Well, I'm not sure if it's as common on the consoles, but the "stacked team" phenomenon can be offputting at times on PC. Last night I had to bounce around to different servers for quite a while to find a decently competitive game, and this seems to be becoming more of an issue as time goes on. As a veteran of other complicated team-based shooters (Quake Wars in particular) I'm not surprised to see this happen, but some kind of scramble after complete blowout rounds would sure help.

TheSeks said:
I guess I could be the person that hangs back to let people spawn. But man, I hate that mode's hardcore mode. So hard. :lol

I did all four maps on Hardcore to get my achievements and they weren't that bad. Most times I played as a medic and just stayed close to my teammates healing and bringing them back when they died. Isla Inocentes really kicked my ass though. I had to play that quite a few times until we beat it. If you don't quickly take out the first chopper they send out you, you should just quit and restart.

Spl1nter

Shnookums said:
Well, I'm not sure if it's as common on the consoles, but the "stacked team" phenomenon can be offputting at times on PC. Last night I had to bounce around to different servers for quite a while to find a decently competitive game, and this seems to be becoming more of an issue as time goes on. As a veteran of other complicated team-based shooters (Quake Wars in particular) I'm not surprised to see this happen, but some kind of scramble after complete blowout rounds would sure help.

some servers do have a scramble. I usually find that the teams balance themselves out pretty well after 2-3 rounds.

Add me

Steam: Spl1nter3
BFBC2: Spl1nter

Mr Sandman said:
I wish Atacama would pop up more. Today, Nightman (doesn't post in this thread) stole an abandoned quad and went to their base and I guess he got to the Hind before the timer killed him. Anyway he jacked that shit in a hail of gun fire as the out of bounds border disappeared (because he was in a copter). It was fucking hilarious. I saw a green heli in their base on the map and I was like wtf? I got in the gunner and got a 19 kill streak for the win.

Hell yea that was me lol, anybody on gaf who wants to add me on bc2pc please go ahead, me and Mr Sandman can kick some ass with good people. :lol My name is Mr Nightman

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I did all four maps on Hardcore to get my achievements and they weren't that bad. Most times I played as a medic and just stayed close to my teammates healing and bringing them back when they died. Isla Inocentes really kicked my ass though. I had to play that quite a few times until we beat it. If you don't quickly take out the first chopper they send out you, you should just quit and restart.

The only bad part is the damage rate. You die so flipping quick in Hardcore mode. And the numerous enemies that infinitely respawn. You take the flag to neutral and they still spawn/spew out of random areas. It's like: "Christ, just let me cap the damn flag." :lol

GGs, Pankaks. That varpariso (?) rush match was really...long. But our team held the 2nd to last set of crates. I was sure we were going lose. Turret MG FTW.

Also, the STG.77 AUG is insane. I completely overlooked it. I survive most head to head, close quarters encouter (particularly against engineers) thanks to it's rate of fire.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Assembly Required said:
GGs, Pankaks. That varpariso (?) rush match was really...long. But our team held the 2nd to last set of crates. I was sure we were going lose. Turret MG FTW.

Also, the STG.77 AUG is insane. I completely overlooked it. I survive most head to head, close quarters encouter (particularly against engineers) thanks to it's rate of fire.

Ugh that was just a terrible match :lol.

Every base we get them down to about 10 or so tickets, on the verge of victory....and then a Gustav/Tank/C4-Jihad destroys the crate we get to start all over again. This happened about 3 times up until the last base. At that point, some dumbass from their team abandoned their Bradley @ 20% which allowed me to hop in and hold it for the rest of the match ^_^. I was rolling with the M95-Red Dot but wasn't exactly helping much besides tossing a couple motion sensors around.

Overall, GGs to you as well.

vixlar

I had an excelent afternoon today. Even if I only won one game of 6...

First, in Port Valdez, second base. I put some AT mines on the road, and went over the building on Alpha. Some sniper shot me, so I decided to jump off the building. That building is tall, so I opened my parachute. In that exact moment a tank went over my AT mines... kill enemy x2, double kill and... parachute kill x2 :-S

Later, Isla Inocentes, first base. We had already destroyed Bravo, but, well, our enemies were really good. Anytime we activated Alpha, they totally erradicated us and deactived it. When we were 6 tickets left, I went in the water, between the starting base and the fisrt defender base, and shot my Carl Gustav to the comm. I thought that if we weren't to win, at least I gonna get some points damaging the comm. So I stood there, in the middle, waiting for sniper to shoot me while I kept shooting my Carl Gustav. When we were one ticket left, I had only one missile in my CG. Well, let's shoot it. Destroyed M-Comm. Captured base... I couldn't believe it! That was the only game my team won, hehehe.

Since there are loads of things here, I'm not going to update it in the thread. Be very sure that I will print everything from this page and go oldschool by underlining the important things in red and make a nice collection for when people are back from vacation

Cool seems like this Dice employee is going to take a look at the suggestions posted in the bfbc2 UK forums :D

Pankaks said:
Ugh that was just a terrible match :lol.

Every base we get them down to about 10 or so tickets, on the verge of victory....and then a Gustav/Tank/C4-Jihad destroys the crate we get to start all over again. This happened about 3 times up until the last base. At that point, some dumbass from their team abandoned their Bradley @ 20% which allowed me to hop in and hold it for the rest of the match ^_^. I was rolling with the M95-Red Dot but wasn't exactly helping much besides tossing a couple motion sensors around.

Overall, GGs to you as well.

Hah, I tried using the M95 + red dot combo a few times but I felt like cannon fodder the entire match.

cjdunn

Crakatak187 said:
Good games when we actually found a decent team today CJ and TK. If only the other squad didn't cheese the other team.

/salutes

Rush is mostly broken because of C4 and AT Mine damage. A good defending team can keep attackers at bay for a while.

Oh and platinum star #1, wooooo!

Cornbread78

Shnookums said:

I've come accross this a few times, but most of the time, when I'm partied with my buddies, we are considered that "stacked team", even though I'm used as bait most of the time... hey someone has to do it, LOL.

Sutanreyu

Cornbread78 said:
I've come accross this a few times, but most of the time, when I'm partied with my buddies, we are considered that "stacked team", even though I'm used as bait most of the time... hey someone has to do it, LOL.

Today I felt bad as I called upon a medic to come from across the map to heal me, when in reality I just wanted him to run by so I could pinpoint where a sniper was sniping from. He immediately got shot when he ran out, so I was able to locate the sniper and take him out. It was kinda lulz, though. :lol

I told him right after that I used him as bait.

Nabs

Sanjay said:
You sure? that group has ZERO time in BC2 :|
those games are just top 3 over the last week or two. plus there's barely anyone in the group, so people should probably join up. honestly, i wouldn't be against snrub and splinter making another group if they wanted to. pc gaf needs a boost.

1stStrike said:
*high fives* Welcome to the GAF overworked crew!
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, my little brother has been playing my character. I've been teaching him how to spot and use the other weapons/accessories for each class. He likes recon (of course), so I've been getting him to play other characters, but he's actually a decent sniper. He played (apparently) with Sanjuro and "some British guy" :lol

Disclaimer: he's young and coming off MW2, so give him some leeway :D

Cornbread78

Sutanreyu said:
Today I felt bad as I called upon a medic to come from across the map to heal me, when in reality I just wanted him to run by so I could pinpoint where a sniper was sniping from. He immediately got shot when he ran out, so I was able to locate the sniper and take him out. It was kinda lulz, though. :lol

I told him right after that I used him as bait.

That's so cruel, yet, so genius at the same time... Nice one!

TheSeks said:
The only bad part is the damage rate. You die so flipping quick in Hardcore mode. And the numerous enemies that infinitely respawn. You take the flag to neutral and they still spawn/spew out of random areas. It's like: "Christ, just let me cap the damn flag." :lol

Yeah, if you don't really use teamwork in these you won't get past them. I found them to be a great challenge and a ton of fun on Hardcore when you got a decent group together.

working towards gold stars on every gun is fun! well, except for the 40MM Shotgun. wish the Pro Tube (Smoke Launcher) had stars too.

Seriously, the Pro Tube is a fun offensive weapon to use on people!

TheSeks

working towards gold stars on every gun is fun! well, except for the 40MM Shotgun. wish the Pro Tube (Smoke Launcher) had stars too.

It's only "Pro Tube" if you land killing shots with smoke grenades. Which I haven't seen you do yet.

:lol

Wthermans

Banned

40MM shotty if a ton of fun to use. Just stick in close quarters and rack up the OHKs. Flag A on White Pass is like 40mm shotty heaven if you position yourself right. :D

One time I swear I had a match that had me dominating with Smoke grenade then I took at look at my stats. It turned out to be a dream :lol

working towards gold stars on every gun is fun! well, except for the 40MM Shotgun.
Arm the MCOM, camp in the corner, then point the 40mm SG at the door. The first person through it is a dead man, they just don't know it yet...

...although it's much worse post patches :(

My new favorite thing is playing as a recon but picking one of the sniper rifles that has a high rate of fire and putting a red dot on it and treating it like an sub-machine gun. I have idiots walking up to me now taking their time to kill me with a knife or stupidly switching to their pistols while I just light them up with a full clip at point blank range.

Guess what... just cause I look like a stupid run of the mill recon class, it doesn't mean I'm playing as one of those noobs right now. But I kind of like it since I'm throwing off players and getting non-stop kills. It's pretty fun.

thechemist

Thanks for those, just watching now, didnt know that you could use the NS2000 as a sniper lol, lol at TOW missle deflection.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Pin update! You guys were right Naval Warfare was remarkably easy: got on the back of a jet ski on Isla, drove out a little bit... 1 Snipe + random mortar strike, got it in about 45 seconds.

Wheels of Hazard I thought was going to be a pain but it wasn't too bad. I got it on Arica Harbor, but not on the first set of crates like everyone suggested, I got it on the second set. It was actually pretty funny, I took the humvee down in that little town and caught people on those steps. They've got those big high walls and the humvee pretty much fits in perfectly left to right so they've got nowhere to go. I swear I saw a couple of them just sit down and wait for their rubbery fate.

Flew a UAV in to some fool for #3 (and that achievement I'd never gotten) then machine gunned a guy from the humvee to get Car Warfare while I was at it. I tried the knifing 4 guys on the Port Vladez sniper hill but I could never get close enough so I just hung back after they destroyed the first set of crates and then stabbed them all in the back.

Apparently I've never defend 4 flags in Conquest for some reason, and jesus fuck I cannot win a Squad Rush round to save my life. I'm like 0-10. It's certainly not MY fault.... >_>

Borgnine said:
Apparently I've never defend 4 flags in Conquest for some reason, and jesus fuck I cannot win a Squad Rush round to save my life. I'm like 0-10. It's certainly not MY fault.... >_>

Winning a squad rush game was my very last pin. It really sucked but I eventually got it playing Hardcore and being the attackers. I held back and sniped the MCOM's while luckily my teammates went forward and grabbed them.

It was the last time I ever played that mode.

thechemist said:
Thanks for those, just watching now, didnt know that you could use the NS2000 as a sniper lol, lol at TOW missle deflection.
You can even get marksman headshots. And it's all shotguns equipped with slugs, not just NS2000.

man i forgot how much points you can get as a medic, it's ridiculous. i mean even with the crate destruction points boost, i can compete for the ace card as the 4th man on the team? lol, crazy!

Finncognito said:
You can even get marksman headshots. And it's all shotguns equipped with slugs, not just NS2000.
i'm 110% sure you can't get marksman headshots with slug shotguns.

man i forgot how much points you can get as a medic, it's ridiculous. i mean even with the crate destruction points boost, i can compete for the ace card as the 4th man on the team? lol, crazy!

i'm 110% sure you can't get marksman headshots with slug shotguns.
If you're playing Recon you can get them with any weapon. I've even heard people getting them with smoke launchers they've picked up as a wookie (not sure myself).

Maybe the BC2 Mythbusters can include that in their next episode.

Oh and Squad Rush with randoms is an awful, awful experience. But with a friend or two on your side it is awesome fun.

IMO the Medic is by far the best class. If you gave him anti-tank tools he'd be a super class.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Its kind of silly not to release maps until Vietnam.
It really really sucks.

Fersis said:
Its kind of silly not to release maps until Vietnam.
It really really sucks.

I took a break for a while and came back for Onslaught/Big Patch then got back into the game. I've maxed out my achievements 100% and every one of my classes are maxed out. The only thing left for me is to go to rank 50. While it's fun and I'm still having a blast, I agree that they need to have more maps sooner rather than later. I'm day one for the Vietnam pack.

Mr Sandman said:
If you're playing Recon you can get them with any weapon. I've even heard people getting them with smoke launchers they've picked up as a wookie (not sure myself).

Maybe the BC2 Mythbusters can include that in their next episode.

Oh and Squad Rush with randoms is an awful, awful experience. But with a friend or two on your side it is awesome fun.
oh, it's class based, that explains it!

Speaking of marksman headshots, I got a double kill marksman headshot the other day with one shot. Didn't even see the other guy so I was like OH SNAP!

I should be on around 11ish tonight Corn.

Top Bottom