• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Crakatak187 said:
I just checked out the global stats and :lol 360 have the M24 as the weapon with most kills :lol

Just noticed another thing from the stats page. Even though 360 have more snipers their motion sensor spots totaled 38 million while PS3 totaled 37.

Throw some more motion sensors 360 recons.

The M24 kick ass, and I would throw more sensors if I could, because Assault players thinks the ammo packs is to get more granades and clips just for them. :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Binabik15 said:
Stupid Brute trophy.

If you're on PS3 you could message me sometime (evolved1) and I will help you get this.

It might be a pain in the ass, but I think I know a way to do it.

Wthermans

Banned
Fersis said:
Zh1nt0 (DICE CM) made a nice thread about issues on the console versions... but i like this part:

Hope they can do it.
I hope PC gets the Battlerecorder as well. It's a HUGE concern for the competitive PC community and the reason why many old BF teams aren't messing with BC2 for comp. DICE has already upset the PC crowd with the delayed patches and no Onslaught (not to mention DICE is completely silent on PC BF1943). I hope they don't make the same mistake for a third time.

Wthermans said:
I hope PC gets the Battlerecorder as well. It's a HUGE concern for the competitive PC community and the reason why many old BF teams aren't messing with BC2 for comp. DICE has already upset the PC crowd with the delayed patches and no Onslaught (not to mention DICE is completely silent on PC BF1943). I hope they don't make the same mistake for a third time.
Not to mention removing custom resolution.

1stStrike

Banned
WTF? I'm all super busy with work and shit and have no time/energy to play BC2 for a couple of days and they close the thread on me? I was like, "No activity since 7/12? WTF DUDES?!"

Then I see "Thread closed due to size."

God damnit!

Anyway, I'm going to try to get on sometime this week. I've been working 12 - 13 hour days since we're down 6 people for hostingcon this week and customers have been slamming us with tickets and shit all week long. I spend all day on the phones or chats and barely get a chance to touch tickets. It's bloody irritating.

So, keep shooting shit. I'll be back soon to whoop your asses into shape. :lol

Yopis

Had a few mins to play today after a few weeks off and my skills have taken a hit. Still such a great game though when you have a decent squad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless: How was I as a smoke gardener? Smoke the whole line with the exception of the dip/strife point and they didn't even get past more than three times on the lighthouse map. :lol

reKon

Banned
I love this game (online). Thank god I didn't try to play this during school.

This + Starcraft II Online + Modnation Racers Online (after the update is done) = greatest online gaming trio combo this gen (it terms of fun and re-playability).

I would include Smash Bros, if it actually had an online system but Nintendo f'd up there.

Left 4 Dead 2, Halo Reach, Team Fortress 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, and Uncharted 2 are honorable mentions

Anyways back to the topic: which gun do you think is better the XM8 or the Aug you unlock after a few levels in the assault class?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
reKon said:
Anyways back to the topic: which gun do you think is better the XM8 or the Aug you unlock after a few levels in the assault class?

Honestly guy... you can kill people with anything. People laugh at me but the Uzi is my best weapon. Just depends on which weapon clicks with you. Everything kills.

AN-94 is probably the most used assault rifle. Between the two you asked about... I don't know. For me, I like an AR with good iron sights so I don't always have to take optics. Having an extra frag and an ammo box can really help sometimes. Camp on the box behind a hill and you're like a grenade turret.

eznark

Banned
I was wondering why no servers were ever available for me, just ran the updater and I'm like four versions behind!

SO where is PC gaf playing these days?

Global stats shows the most used Assault rifles for PS3
1. XM8 104 million kills
2. M416 73 million kills
3. M16 53 million kills
4. AN-94 52 million kills

Global stats shows the most used Assault rifles for 360
1. XM8 141 million kills
2. M416 81 million kills
3. M16 64 million kills
4. AEK 57 million kills

It's always the XM8>M416>M16 for randoms.

reKon

Banned
recklessmind said:
Honestly guy... you can kill people with anything. People laugh at me but the Uzi is my best weapon. Just depends on which weapon clicks with you. Everything kills.

AN-94 is probably the most used assault rifle. Between the two you asked about... I don't know. For me, I like an AR with good iron sights so I don't always have to take optics. Having an extra frag and an ammo box can really help sometimes. Camp on the box behind a hill and you're like a grenade turret.

What about recoil? Isn't the difference between the m16s and augs noticeable in controlling recoil?

I haven't unlocked the AN-94 yet so I won't know if I'll need red dot or 4x for that yet.

UFRA

Why does everyone love the XM8 so much?

It's really nothing special to me. I prefer the iron sights of the M416 MUCH more than the XM8.

The AN-94 is still an awesome AR, even if it was serverly nerfed. And people uses a lot the M16 but imo it sucks, it's nice for mid range, but I'll take the AN-94 over it any day. The M416 it's my second favorite AR, harder to control the recoil but it's deadly in close range.

Also I need to go back to the XM8, surely as the stats show, I see a lot of people using it.

Must be because XM8 is one of the beginning rifles but it seems a lot of people stuck with it. I don't like it, the bullet spreads out too much on long distances. I'll take the M416 over XM8 any day because of that.

I did notice the accuracy while moving on the AN-94 was nerfed. I use to strafe and have my shots hit with deadly accuracy, now it spreads a lot more. A needed nerf I suppose.

Shnookums

Relaxed Muscle said:
The AN-94 is still an awesome AR, even if it was serverly nerfed. And people uses a lot the M16 but imo it sucks, it's nice for mid range, but I'll take the AN-94 over it any day. The M416 it's my second favorite AR, harder to control the recoil but it's deadly in close range.

Also I need to go back to the XM8, surely as the stats show, I see a lot of people using it.

Yeah I used the AN-94 for a while and then started using the M16. I thought the M16 was better at first, but after trying the AN-94 again I realize I was wrong.

TheSeks

reKon said:

IDKMYBFFAN-94?

The old console damage. I would have the PC one if I could find it. This is with the 25% buff and before the range nerf of M16
aakcvc.png

Post patch
sb0bph.png

Duke Togo

If you get the ace pin, but you're on the losing team, you shouldn't have to see the "you lose" screen. That shit just enrages me.

I borrowed BC:1 from a friend cause I had never played it and OMG the controls are all ass backwards... and the achievements don't stack. That second part sucks but it's really hard trying to get into this game. They really did a great job in BC:2 with the control scheme. I didn't realize how much it had changed between the two versions.

Sill4

OldJadedGamer said:
I borrowed BC:1 from a friend cause I had never played it and OMG the controls are all ass backwards... and the achievements don't stack. That second part sucks but it's really hard trying to get into this game. They really did a great job in BC:2 with the control scheme. I didn't realize how much it had changed between the two versions.
It's not easy to go from BC2 to BC1, imo. But when BC1 first came out, it felt really great to me.

Now it is, like you said, ass backwards

reKon

Banned
how could everyone not play this as their main online fps? seriously, this game is like crack :lol (I'm just starting, i'm level 9 just unlocked the M4, and yes I love the AN-94!)

so yeah... i bought Onslaught and the Specact crap on PS3...
OldJadedGamer said:
i like some of the controls in BC1 more. like not having weapon switching on the d-pad. seriously, i don't *need* a dedicated 'grenade' button DICE! the way you deployed more C4 in BC1 was retarded though... also, BC1 had stickdrive, which was AWESOME!

BC2 has some weird controls too, like the weird shift in controls between the UAV and real Helis.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
BC2 has some weird controls too, like the weird shift in controls between the UAV and real Helis.

Huh? Don't they function similar? L2/R2 lower/raise the heli/UAV L1 optic zoom (UAV/gunner), R1 fire?

i like some of the controls in BC1 more. like not having weapon switching on the d-pad.

Uh, you mean kit selection, surely? Which is better than having to fumble between L2/R2 because they decided to split the items between "grenade" and "gun." trigger switching.

seriously, i don't *need* a dedicated 'grenade' button DICE!

You may not, but it's 20x better in BC2 to hit R2 than it was in BC1's L2->R1->R2 combo dance.

Edit 2: Stick drive is Apples/Oranges. I didn't mind it, but I prefer the triggers being gas/brake, reverse. The old BC1 "L1/L2" being gas/brake weren't bad, but it's weird going back to that control after having the optic zoom and stuff being on L1.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
reKon[B said:
]how could everyone not play this as their main online fps? seriously, this game is like crack[/B] :lol (I'm just starting, i'm level 9 just unlocked the M4, and yes I love the AN-94!)

Indeed but it's in dire need of some new maps.

Played this last night for the first time in almost three weeks. Promotion at my job has me working a shit ton more, and my little brother is here for two weeks--at least I'll be able to play via him. I am building a comp for him, so he might become the newest member of the GAF PC crew.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Duke Togo said:
If you get the ace pin, but you're on the losing team, you shouldn't have to see the "you lose" screen. That shit just enrages me.
Your down to your last few tickets with one MCOM gone - you load up the quad with C4 and race through the enemy lines - you leap off with no time to get to safe distance. MCOM destroyed, triple kill, you are a hero.
"Epic Failure"

Mr. Snrub said:
Played this last night for the first time in almost three weeks. Promotion at my job has me working a shit ton more, and my little brother is here for two weeks--at least I'll be able to play via him. I am building a comp for him, so he might become the newest member of the GAF PC crew.
Nice. I would like to squad up with you guys more. I don't think the friend's list works half the time when sending requests, so I need to send some more hoping it will go through.

It's usually me and another friend (also on GAF) and we tear shit up!

Pankaks said:
Indeed but it's in dire need of some new maps.
Yeah, for some reason this whole week I've played Isla about half the time, just shitty luck I guess.

I wish Atacama would pop up more. Today, Nightman (doesn't post in this thread) stole an abandoned quad and went to their base and I guess he got to the Hind before the timer killed him. Anyway he jacked that shit in a hail of gun fire as the out of bounds border disappeared (because he was in a copter). It was fucking hilarious. I saw a green heli in their base on the map and I was like wtf? I got in the gunner and got a 19 kill streak for the win.

1stStrike

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:

*high fives* Welcome to the GAF overworked crew!

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
LOL, 2 jobs and 60 hours a week sucks.... Welcome to my world!

I'm working 12+ hour shifts and haven't had a day off in a week. It's been pretty fucking crazy, let me tell you. I'm covering for some people since 1 guy is off for the week and 6 are in Texas for a web hosting convention... so a lot is falling on my shoulders (and I haven't even worked here a full month yet). I'm managing, but I feel like I get nothing accomplished some days. Like, right now I'm off work for the day but I'm copying a guys files over because someone fucked up the transfer 3 days ago and didn't pay attention so 1.1 GB of files didn't gt transferred over >_>

Anyway, I'm getting massive overtime pay so it's all good.

Oh and the parts for my brand new PC should be here soon. I just forked out $1200 for a pretty sweet rig. I'll post some stats when I get it setup.

Online base is very strong as well as PS3 gaf.

Had a horrible team last night on Valparaíso. Wasn't able to get not one mcom destroyed. Horrible pilots and most of the team seemed to just stay near the base.

Only 3 more weapons to bronze!

1stStrike

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I'll be back soon. Work is killing me as well, but it should calm down soon.

I'm looking at about 72 - 80 hours this week, but once everyone gets back from the convention in Texas it should go back to normal. I'm only working like 40 hours next week. And I'm definitely taking BOTH tuesday and wednesday off! (my normal days off now)

I don't even care about the pay drop. I mean, I'm making close to $1,400 in ONE WEEK so I can go a week with "normal" earnings :lol

Binabik15

reKon said:

I prefer the AN-94 like the rest of GAF, but I´m better with the Steyer Aug than the whole rest of the assaults. I like it´s spread, don´t know why but I hit more with it.

I had a few games with the F2000, 40mm shotgun and double grenades+explosives upgrade, trying to get to 100 grenade kills (I failed). That´s pretty good fun if you ask me, the high ROF combined with the shotty and a hefty pistol like the 1911 or the revolver turns you into a monster in urban warfare. Enemy comes around corner, dies. I almost Nemesis´d a lvl 50 guy on Arica, I had to camp at the m-com in the garage to stop c4-ing and just shot everyone entering with the shotty. He managed to kill me after chugging over a dozen grenades into the room :lol The only other guy that managed to get to the m-com was a recon surviving a full blast from the shotty from 5 foot away :/

The shotty is spotty (hurr durr) with registering shots, but there´s nothing better than getting a double or tripple kill from behind after sneaking up to a group of guys.
recklessmind said:
If you're on PS3 you could message me sometime (evolved1) and I will help you get this.

It might be a pain in the ass, but I think I know a way to do it.

Statboosting here I come! I hope my poor rural area DSL can handle the jump over the Atlantic.

TheSeks

sillymonkey321 said:
thinking of getting this for ps3, is there still a big online base?

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Top Bottom