• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

I wasn't able to play this on the weekend because my modem died. They're supposed to come and replace it tomorrow so I'll be jumping on the battlefield pretty soon.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anything new with this game in the last few weeks? Haven't played in quite a while... last time was before they gave us the Atacama Desert Rush variant.

Cornbread78

iam220 said:
Wow I've never seen so many shitty players. Is this the norm on PSN?

It's the same on all systems. The Smurfs have no clue, literally... Many are only playing online for the trophies/achievements, and most have no clue on how to play a team based game. Unlike MW2, 1 person cannot win a game for you in BFBC2...

Cornbread78 said:
It's the same on all systems. The Smurfs have no clue, literally... Many are only playing online for the trophies/achievements, and most have no clue on how to play a team based game. Unlike MW2, 1 person cannot win a game for you in BFBC2...
i've had a few Rush games where i destroyed every m-com...

Cornbread78

The Faceless Master said:
i've had a few Rush games where i destroyed every m-com...

Okay, I know your a BEAST and all, but for the most part, everyone must help. Maybe the smurfs were actually helping you out by killing any diffusers..

No_Style

olimpia84 said:
I wasn't able to play this on the weekend because my modem died. They're supposed to come and replace it tomorrow so I'll be jumping on the battlefield pretty soon.

Sweet. So that's why you were being disconnected, huh?

I was busy setting up A/V stuff all weekend. I did try BC2 with my new receiver and it sounds more natural from my first impressions. Still need to spend more time with it though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 (DICE CM) made a nice thread about issues on the console versions... but i like this part:

Zh1nt0 said:
Issues that we know are a pain and are looking into:

Ability to leave a server during map loading
Stats for new vehicles
Battlerecorder (This would be too awesome to be true)
Spectator mode
Server lag fixed
Insignia bug (no requirement for SPECACT)
C4 does not always work
Horn isn't audible to other players
No vertical line on GOL Sniper reticule
Black Hawk's HUD is frozen
Private matches (going public?)
Hind and Havoc cockpit too bright
Team talk, not just squad chat (That would be nice).
Silent M-Com Alarms on Map Pack Rush maps
Knife Autolock is Broken
Decreased C4 damage vs mcoms
Deployment in CQ capturable after all flags have been captured by 1 team (Awesome.)
Revive invulnerability

Hope they can do it.

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
Zh1nt0 (DICE CM) made a nice thread about issues on the console versions... but i like this part: Hope they can do it.

Here's my wish list from that:

- C4 does not always work- I packed 6 sticks on a heli, landed it on top of an MCon station, jumped out, pulled the trigger, small explosion, Heli survived and C-4 was still on it.... WTF?

- Team talk, not just squad chat (That would be nice) NICE? Seriously, they BEST THING EVER! Well, unless you get a 10yr old kid mouthing off the entire match, in which case a Mute option would be required as well. X squad chat!!!!!!

- Silent M-Com Alarms on Map Pack Rush maps- has hapened a ton, I always keep an ear our for an alarm, heard nothing, but someone else from my squad states that a station is about to blow!

- Revive invulnerability- Pretty please! Seriously... Too many over zealous medics taht like to get +50 for reviving you right in front of 4 enemies....

- Decreased C4 damage vs mcoms (c'mon, reapair ability! get it right guys!)

The Faceless Master: said:
C4, Bradleys, AT Launchers, RPG's, anything i can use to help!

I know, arming is like so yesterday, ya know....:D

The Faceless Master: said:
they should look into the screenshot function first.

a copy of my teams group Tank T-Bag photo would have been an intant classic....

Cheech

Cornbread78 said:

That's not entirely true. The 360 version of this game tends to give a better experience online, because let me tell you fucking NOBODY uses headsets on PS3 games.

I played the PS3 BC2 from launch up until a few weeks ago, and changed over to the 360 version to play with a different group of friends. I've had a much, much higher "hit" ratio on good games playing on the 360.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
I am surprised, I just actually had a decent team of randoms attacking Arica.

Anyone gonna be on tonight?
This has been my longest BC2 and gaming draught in a helluva long time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
greenjerk said:
Anyone gonna be on tonight?
This has been my longest BC2 and gaming draught in a helluva long time.
Me.

Im playing as a Recon just to mix it up a little so dont expect too much from me.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
TheAzRim said:
I am surprised, I just actually had a decent team of randoms attacking Arica.

Finally got an M-COMM attacker pin yesterday on Arica. I'm kind of a more hang back and support kind of guy so I never thought I'd get one, but I managed to stay in the same tank the entire match.

I always take out the first A crate by destroying the building from range, and I destroyed crate B with direct damage from the same spot though it's a little tougher to zero in on. Oh god it was hilarious when it finally blew, I got like 1000 points from all this shit I couldn't even keep track. Objective damage, destroying objective, kills, double kill, assists, squad attack order, on and on and on...

I got a bead on crate B of the third set and destroyed it, but I honestly don't remember destroying a 4th crate to get the pin. Maybe I dropped a building on one from the second set...

So now that I got that pin out of the way I guess I'll go for the full set. Knife 4 dudes might be a little tough but I think it's doable. Road kill and car sounds annoying, like I'm going to be doing a lot of Kamikaze runs. The sea one only says 2 kills, did they lower that? Cause I think I could do 2 kills pretty easy, in fact I think I have done that.

Borgnine said:
Finally got an M-COMM attacker pin yesterday on Arica. I'm kind of a more hang back and support kind of guy so I never thought I'd get one, but I managed to stay in the same tank the entire match.

I always take out the first A crate by destroying the building from range, and I destroyed crate B with direct damage from the same spot though it's a little tougher to zero in on. Oh god it was hilarious when it finally blew, I got like 1000 points from all this shit I couldn't even keep track. Objective damage, destroying objective, kills, double kill, assists, squad attack order, on and on and on...

I got a bead on crate B of the third set and destroyed it, but I honestly don't remember destroying a 4th crate to get the pin. Maybe I dropped a building on one from the second set...

So now that I got that pin out of the way I guess I'll go for the full set. Knife 4 dudes might be a little tough but I think it's doable. Road kill and car sounds annoying, like I'm going to be doing a lot of Kamikaze runs. The sea one only says 2 kills, did they lower that? Cause I think I could do 2 kills pretty easy, in fact I think I have done that.
knife 4 dudes should be easy enough if you are on defense on port valdez or isla inocentes and raid the sniper hills for wookies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless getting Third Set A on Laguna Presa rush with 1 ticket left is :lol

I had like 2-17. :( Stupid attackers were all over the place and the stationary AT's were (amazingly) being used so they stopped our tanks. Faceless won that game all by himself though. Using C4 and rushing places. :lol

Edit: Faceless, I'll be on later. I've been feel really worn out lately. So I can't stick around to binge level with you like you're doing these past few days.

Borgnine said:

Killing 4MCOM's was the last pin I got out of the set when I got them all. Knife 4 is pretty easy, it's so easy I forgot I even did it. It was one of those pins that popped up without trying for it. The road kill one I got the first time I tried and just got a quad and ran fools over. It's three in a match, not three in a row. As for the boat, get a fourrunner as a recon then park it out in the water and snipe from it. As long as you're sitting on the back of it, it counts as a water kill.

Cheech said:
That's not entirely true. The 360 version of this game tends to give a better experience online, because let me tell you fucking NOBODY uses headsets on PS3 games.

I played the PS3 BC2 from launch up until a few weeks ago, and changed over to the 360 version to play with a different group of friends. I've had a much, much higher "hit" ratio on good games playing on the 360.
I use a headset on PS3, and so do all of my friends. FWIW I've never played a single match of BFBC2 on PS3 where at least one person in my squad wasn't using comms.

Just posted my complaints. Hope they fix the hit detection bug when shooting a player on the missile pod this time. It's been here since the beta.

UFRA

So lately I'm looking for quick access to gold stars in my equipment to help me rank up faster. I noticed today that my knife stats needed 2 more kills for gold star #6. So, I embarked on a knifing mission...

I'm playing conquest since that has the greatest chance for camping snipers off in the boonies where I can sneak around and stab people. To my liking, I encounter a medic who didn't see me flanking to his 9 o'clock and I begin following him.

He slows down, and I nearly catch up to him as I'm sprinting. I'm within 8 feet of him at least...the knife kill is just TEASING me at this point. It's RIGHT THERE, but I'm still too far away. He slows down again, and now he crouches.

TIME TO DIE....*slash* ........nothing......(WTF?) He's moving slowly ahead, still crouched, *slash* *slash* ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

He jumps off a small ledge and walks slowly to a bridge over the water. *slash* NOTHING....

He then crouches and stops suddenly as I over-step and end up standing right in front of him (OH HAI!) *stab to the face* NOTHING.

He fires *boom* I die......................

FIX THIS SHIT DICE!!!!! It's like if the person is moving ever so slightly, the knife is completely useless. (This is PS3 version btw...not sure how it is on others).

Dynamic3

Dear god, revive invulnerability would ruin the game. What they should do instead is allow you to opt in (or out) of a revive. For instance, if some dude revives you, you get a prompt saying something along the lines of "some dude wants to revive you, press circle to revive, or x to bleed out", this way you don't get revived in the middle of a gunfight and instantly die.

Battlerecorder, oh yes.

Razor210

Dream, I'm going to apologize here for not playing with you last night, since Sek and I were too busy getting owned by fellow gaffers in Street Fighter.

Will probably play some Bad Company next time I'm on

I think they might get rid of revive invulnerability. Who knows. I hope they increase the cool down to revive by like 10 seconds. Mow down a group of 3 and get killed within less then a minute all 3 are alive by 1 medic.

TheSeks said:
Faceless getting Third Set A on Laguna Presa rush with 1 ticket left is :lol

I had like 2-17. :( Stupid attackers were all over the place and the stationary AT's were (amazingly) being used so they stopped our tanks. Faceless won that game all by himself though. Using C4 and rushing places. :lol

Edit: Faceless, I'll be on later. I've been feel really worn out lately. So I can't stick around to binge level with you like you're doing these past few days.
all i could think the entire time was "will this team please stop dying!!!" and i had one eye on the ticket counter and the other on the road as i raced over there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
all i could think the entire time was "will this team please stop dying!!!" and i had one eye on the ticket counter and the other on the road as i raced over there.

:lol Sorry I couldn't be more help. People kept hopping into the gunner, the AT's were being used and they stopped me cold with two or so people firing at me at the same time. So frustrating. They were pretty good at the defense.

Mully

WTF!!!

I just played the most infuriating game on Arica Attack. Does anyone want to attack? On the second set of crates it was only me who was trying to attack Crate A. Everyone else was either sniping or at the original spawn. Plus the tank did not want to move from it's hilltop spot . Ugh. The stupidity kills me.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've noticed a lot of team stacking lately on PC (all high level or clan players on one team, lower level and non clan players on the other). It's hard to tell if it's the dynamic of people leaving and joining that causes this or some people wanting to join on the winning team (happened a lot in Counter-Strike in the past). Some servers have a shuffle between rounds which helps but on a lot of servers where players are staying several rounds one team will become imbalanced until everyone on the other team is leaving, however the auto balance won't kick in because the winning team isn't dying often and they end up killing a stream of people who only play for a short time.

Razor210

On one hand, randomly distributing teams after rounds would reduce the "you're stuck losing until you switch servers" dilemma.

On the other hand, it takes away that sense of rivalry.

I just checked out the global stats and :lol 360 have the M24 as the weapon with most kills :lol

Just noticed another thing from the stats page. Even though 360 have more snipers their motion sensor spots totaled 38 million while PS3 totaled 37.

Throw some more motion sensors 360 recons.

Just finished playing with a pretty good clan. We won 5 or so straight games before I decided to leave. Starting to find my groove with the shotgun too.

i hate when it's obvious that there are people are spawning in our base so i switch to recon and throw motion sensors and all the smurfs run towards the frontlines instead of attacking the red smurfs in our base.

Can't trust teammates to get the job done most of the time unless it's GAF members or clan members.

Motion sensors are intimidating, I crap my pants every time I stumble on to one.
It makes me extra alert though. I always take a step back out of it's range and wait for the people to come ambush me. If I'm lucky I take the whole squad out.

Everytime my friend plays when he dies he always says "where the fuck is my teammates and why aren't they helping?"

I always respond "you can't rely on them, it's better not to"

When you're stuck with unhelpful bastards it sucks , the other day I was capturing a base, one teammate was in a nice position near me and I thought he was protecting me, launched a sensor mine, and an enemy appeared, and was thinkking, "c'mon he's in your field of vision kill him", well, he discover me and we didn't captured the base, when I respawned I saw he was actually sniping instead of helping me get the base, god how I missed being able to TK.

Binabik15

I just typed out a few hilarious stories about me killing every attacker around and m-com and running after their tank to destroy it while my squadmates were sniping right next to the armed m-com instead of defusing, but the pc tried to randomly shut down and I lost the post. People not protecting you is one of the less retarded things they could do and if this is the only fuck-up it´s really refreshing :lol

I just got Red Dead Redemption in the mail, this should put the final nail in my BC2 spree. Too bad I´m 4 knife kills away from the platinum, would´ve been cool to 100% it before putting it away. :/ Stupid Brute trophy.

Top Bottom