• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

1stStrike

Banned
Hey gaffers. Guess who's on his new PC? That's right... I am! Fuck yeah! :D

Stats for those interested:

AMD 955 Quad Core Black Edition (OC'd to 3.2 ghz atm)
Geforce 250 1 GB (Will probably upgrade later, but I don't game as much these days)
64 GB Kingston SSD Drive (Windows 7 + apps installed)
1 TB SATA2 Wester Digital HDD (storage)
1.5 TB USB External HD (More Storage)
500 GB USB External HD (Wtf was I thinking?)
4 GB DDR3 1300 Kingston Ram
ANTEC 500 watt PSU
ANTEC CPU Fan (forget the model off hand but it's a best)

So far, it's screaming fast. I haven't even tweaked the SSD yet.

The Witcher 2, I am ready for you.

OldJadedGamer said:
Isla Inocentes annoyed the crap out of me on hardcore Onslaught. I think you need one medic, one recon, and two assaults to do that one.
you mean two engineers right?

honestly, i think the best choice at the start might be 1 recon on sniper hill and 3 engineers with tracers and carls. then 1 recon, 1 medic, 1 assault and 1 engineer later.

1stStrike said:

Geforce 250 1 GB (Will probably upgrade later, but I don't game as much these days)
ANTEC 500 watt PSU

one of these days i have to triple dip...

The Faceless Master said:

honestly, i think the best choice at the start might be 1 recon on sniper hill and 3 engineers with tracers and carls. then 1 recon, 1 medic, 1 assault and 1 engineer later.

one of these days i have to triple dip...

Good games last night/morning. Defending that last mcom A at Atacama was a real bitch. Like 4 close calls with assaults planting c4, at one point I barely managed to kill a guy as he was backing up and about to trigger it, I've been on the other side of that exchange countless times. Felt damn good to get the win.

bean breath said:
Good games last night/morning. Defending that last mcom A at Atacama was a real bitch. Like 4 close calls with assaults planting c4, at one point I barely managed to kill a guy as he was backing up and about to trigger it, I've been on the other side of that exchange countless times. Felt damn good to get the win.
yeah i loved that as soon as i spawned at that base i threw AT Mines to the left of A and about 10 seconds later a loaded Cobra drives right over 'em. that other team was hilarious, they played almost like i do. except i don't care about living so once the game was getting down to the wire, i would have pulled the trigger without backing up, even if it wasn't enough C4 to destroy the crate.

bean breath said:
On that topic, the C4 stays there until that guy actually respawns right? Can one of his teammates trigger that C4 by shooting it or setting it off with explosives in the meantime?

scoobs

Marvie_3 said:
Nelson Bay is such a shitty Rush map. Just a total mess.
Totally true statement, easily the worst they made.

On the bright side I just went 88-21 on arica harbor rush offense so... :lol

Az

endlessflood said:
On that topic, the C4 stays there until that guy actually respawns right? Can one of his teammates trigger that C4 by shooting it or setting it off with explosives in the meantime?

Yes, usually a nade will do the job.

Well, we took out the chopper with our own chopper so no need for an engineer but it may come in handy for the tank later on.

So maybe one of each class actually.

Marvie_3 said:
My least favorite map. It used to be that every time it came up in the rotation I would just lose any desire to play, so it became my signal to turn the game off. I still don't like it but I can atleast tolerate it now. I hated it because it was night and visibility sucked, trees everywhere and I couldn't see shit, but I'm used to it now. Still though if your going to have a night-based map atleast have flares, night vision, thermal vision, etc. Something! Spotting and sensor balls will have to do, I guess.

The only thing I like about it is defending the B mcom on the last set. Reminds me of Resident Evil, being in a house surrounded by zombies coming in through doors and windows. It gets intense.

Question: can vehicle specs be applied to stationary weapons? I got killed by the armored mg and when it showed the player's stats he had the armor spec equipped. Now the I think about it rpg's or tank shells are pretty much one-hit kills so I don't know what else can take out an armored mg. 40mm grenade? m95 sniper?

The last checkpoint is the best on Nelson Bay. Bravo with every body inside or outside next to it is real fun. Any team worth it's weight will know it's best to all be inside Bravo.

Mr Sandman said:
Wrong. If your team is decent it's fun. If they suck it's more frustrating than other maps.

I don't think it's necessarily the quality of the team, for me at least it's because I can't see a fucking thing. It's a pain in the ass to get into a building when you can't find the door. And I don't want to put a hole in the building while I'm supposed to be defending the crate inside.

Nabs

1stStrike said:

ANTEC 500 watt PSU

if you don't have a steam acct, get one and just hand your wallet over to gabe.

i'm guessing you're gonna double dip w/ bc2? i hope so at least.

Nice, got my insignia for my bronze weapons tonight and in turn... all bronze since I got my vehicle bronze a while back. I held off on getting this because of the previous bug.

rainking187 said:
I don't think it's necessarily the quality of the team, for me at least it's because I can't see a fucking thing. It's a pain in the ass to get into a building when you can't find the door. And I don't want to put a hole in the building while I'm supposed to be defending the crate inside.
You on PC? I guess it could be a pain with a lower resolution.

endlessflood said:
C4 stays for 10 seconds after they die, and yep, other people, friend or foe, can set the C4 off with explosives.

Marvie_3 said:
Nelson Bay Rush is AWESOME!!! i wish the Conquest version was at night :(

i disliked Nelson Bay for maybe the first 2 weeks, but after playing it, i got used to it and then started liking it, now i love it.

so glad that i knocked out the '5 kills with this weapon without dying' specact medals just now, did all 4 in 3 games! engineer and recon in the same game!

Crakatak187 said:
The only thing I hate about Nelson Bay now is the first checkpoint is a waste of time and a lot of people leave at the start.
i've been in lots of games where we held the other team at the first checkpoint. usually with only A left standing...

Uhh I guess I was playing with you earlier faceless? My 360 is still at a friend's house and we were playing earlier tonight, so that's why I had no mic. We were tossing the controller back and forth, so I hope you don't mistake his shit playing for mine. :lol

The best part about NB is the secret ledges/jumps, like the one passed the destructible bridge you can jump up to where defenders might not see you.

sw33tclyde said:
Uhh I guess I was playing with you earlier faceless? My 360 is still at a friend's house and we were playing earlier tonight, so that's why I had no mic. We were tossing the controller back and forth, so I hope you don't mistake his shit playing for mine. :lol
you let your friend borrow your 360 with no headset? ice cold!

j/k

Phew, played a lot over the weekend after a 3 week drought. Games were all over the place, did well in some, not so well in others. And a string of servers (literally 4 or 5) where I was a part of the winning team (in two games, I armed the last MCOM) and then I got switched to the losing team right before the round ended :lol Talk about frustrating...other team decides to rage quit and I get punished for it.

Anyone playing tonight?

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Mr. Snrub said:
Phew, played a lot over the weekend after a 3 week drought. Games were all over the place, did well in some, not so well in others. And a string of servers (literally 4 or 5) where I was a part of the winning team (in two games, I armed the last MCOM) and then I got switched to the losing team right before the round ended :lol Talk about frustrating...other team decides to rage quit and I get punished for it.

Anyone playing tonight?

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar
I joined you the other day, but you were in a different, full squad. Not sure if you noticed. We steam rolled them so bad that I was pretty bored. lol Not sure if I'll be playing this game for a while (might take a break to renew interest; DICE: give us new, original maps dammit). I've been pretty addicted to Alien Swarm and Lead and Gold (free weekend, liked it enough to own).

Pete Rock

I've been attempting to play this whenever possible lately, servers have been smooth as silk for me on the 360 and a long lost friend finally got his console and copy in working order once again.

I really enjoy the game substantially more when the momentum is shifted from one other guy and myself to a full squad. If you have a wookie, an engineer and a couple of assault guys the only way to lose is by failing to utilize the vehicles and tools provided in the allotted time it takes the enemy to kill the rest of your team five times over. I've played a decent chunk of time with one other guy who is a bit powderpuff as far as skill levels are concerned and frankly it shows every time we play, both in terms of impressive moments coming together as well as the final scoreboard. I nearly always get top squad and top player but it's a struggle, with the best games being 4-5K affairs that are basically nothing if not frustrating uphill battles. The kind of games where you are always finding yourself thinking "what the fuck, am I seriously being shot at by 6 people right now?" over, and over and over.

Compare that to yesterday where we stole the Valdez Apache twice and I put up 85 kills between the two rounds. The difference was that we could afford to spend the time doing that, most games if the pair of you stop nuking crates and spend 5 minutes poking around their backlot you'll find the ticket counter has been hemorrhaging from the front lines as all the useless wookies and other myriad failures stand around as the defense cascades back down upon them as part of some strange automatic response to hitting the third set of crates. Nope, this time we had an ace wookie under the pipe and a medic camping their intersection trailers, guys were pinned down hard.

The helipad B station was last to go, and their entire team was camping inside running back and forth between the trailers avoiding our fire. A random got in and armed, and on our last pass we only killed 3 people rushing the crate on the inside of the structure. The pipe wookie called in a mortar strike that was completely unobstructed (I had gunned off all the sheet metal) leading him to net six would be defusers!

At one point on the final base we had taken the last structure holding B down to its framework, with the same half dozen camping inside taking rockets and chaingun to the face as we strafed up the tank road with infantry advancing below us :lol

olimpia84

I'm starting to find my groove with the shotguns, I completely ignored them until recently. My fave is the SAIGA 20K Semi, it's pretty good for close/mid range.

Yea, I started to get into shotguns recently as well. I think a lot of people were afraid to use them at first since you kinda have to change your play style. I tend to use them as either recon or engineer.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Hmm was playing for 4 hours today. About almost 2 hours waiting for people to join in :lol

We had some good games though.

I'll never forget what happened on Isla Inocentes when I was running over to give Razor ammo and then suddenly a Blackhawk landed on me. :lol

CozMick

Banned
I can't believe I actually sold this game to re-buy Modern Warfare 2.

It's good and all but daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn this thread makes me a sad panda :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
olimpia84 said:
I'm starting to find my groove with the shotguns, I completely ignored them until recently. My fave is the SAIGA 20K Semi, it's pretty good for close/mid range.

Not really a shotgun guy myself though I can't tell you how many times I've turned a corner, see a guy, and then die while my ironsights are halfway to my face.

i have 3 download code for the Xbox 360 version of the Medal of Honor Beta, and i'm giving one away in this thread (giving the other two away in two other threads). first to quote and reply that they want it gets it.

Marvie_3

Banned
i have 3 download code for the Xbox 360 version of the Medal of Honor Beta, and i'm giving one away in this thread (giving the other two away in two other threads). first to quote and reply that they want it gets it.
ME! I want it! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CozMick said:
I know, I know.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow for £25, will my VIP status from my previous copy carry over?
EA laughs at you. :lol

Dunno.

1stStrike

Banned
Nabs said:
if you don't have a steam acct, get one and just hand your wallet over to gabe.

i'm guessing you're gonna double dip w/ bc2? i hope so at least.

Nah, I don't have any interest in BC2 on PC. I'm just going to stick to the PS3 for that. I don't really do gaming that much on PC anymore, and online games almost never (unless it's something I really want that's PC exclusive).

However, I am looking forward to The Witcher 2 and maybe something in between will pique my interest as well.

Cheech

CozMick said:
I know, I know.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow for £25, will my VIP status from my previous copy carry over?

If it's the same version of the game, yeah. In fact, sell it for a good chunk of what you paid for the game and help defray the cost!

Cornbread78

So, I finally got two more 2.0 kills, defending an MComm station, the station blew up and the guys were still sitting in a destroyed building, so I dropped a couple C-4 on it to finish it off, I got kills on two diferent maps doing this. The thing that sucks the most is that I should have gotten liek 4 kills at both sites, but you do not get credit if a guys jumps out of the 2nd story window to huis death before teh house collapses.

14 more to go still, WTF.

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
So, I finally got two more 2.0 kills, defending an MComm station, the station blew up and the guys were still sitting in a destroyed building, so I dropped a couple C-4 on it to finish it off, I got kills on two diferent maps doing this. The thing that sucks the most is that I should have gotten liek 4 kills at both sites, but you do not get credit if a guys jumps out of the 2nd story window to huis death before teh house collapses.

Hurry the fuck up. 2012 is just around the corner :lol

you let your friend borrow your 360 with no headset? ice cold!

j/k

:lol

No it's there as well, he just doesn't like to use it when he can only talk to 3 other people on his own team. He's more of the talk-shit-to-everyone-he-can-while-playing-MW2 kind of guy. In other words, your average Xbox Live user. :D

greenjerk said:
Couldn't find any Onslaught matches the other night :(

Really? I'm able to find a group every time I search no matter the map or difficulty. Now finding a good set of team mates is a totally different story.

Cornbread78 said:

Just pick the special C4 Assault class and play White Pass. Wait till the middle of the game and then just take down every building. You'll get it eventually.

Top Bottom