• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

greenjerk said:
Couldn't find any Onslaught matches the other night :(
Onslaught.
Hardcore.
PS3.
7/26
Who's in?

seriously, i wanna get a 4 man squad so i can do over Isla (1 hour time is waaaaay too long) and do the other 3 maps and get my trophy whoring on.

sw33tclyde said:
:lol

No it's there as well, he just doesn't like to use it when he can only talk to 3 other people on his own team. He's more of the talk-shit-to-everyone-he-can-while-playing-MW2 kind of guy. In other words, your average Xbox Live user. :D
:lol :lol :lol

well, anyway, i didn't think he was awful, at no point did i go "wow, that guy is awfu", but still, having a mic is helpful because you can call out locations of people who didn't get spotted because of a spotting fail or who killed you etc... or stuff like "someone is about to knife you, turn around!" i know i've saved others and gotten saves like that many times.

oh, just remembered one, "STOP, AT MINE, STOP STOP STOP" *bail* *they stop* 'thanks'

OldJadedGamer said:
Really? I'm able to find a group every time I search no matter the map or difficulty. Now finding a good set of team mates is a totally different story.

Just pick the special C4 Assault class and play White Pass. Wait till the middle of the game and then just take down every building. You'll get it eventually.
oh yeah, Onslaught with randoms is torture!

and to add to the D2.0 tips, weaken the buildings first, but not enough to make 1 more hit drop them. like take out most of the 1st floor and leave the 2nd alone.

So I jumped in a squad with faceless last night on PS3 (PSN: AStiffBreeze) to see about the whole international connections and server lag thing. I'm in Australia and you may recall that when everybody was getting rubberbanding, Bazajaytee mentioned that Australians being connected to US servers was the problem. Well that turned out to be a load of shit because I was connected to the server that faceless was on (US I assume) and the lag I experienced was at the same level (i.e. barely noticeable/cleverly hidden) as when I hit "Play Now" post-patch and get put on servers in god knows what country anyway.

Faceless did the lag change for you when I joined?

No_Style

Great to play with a solid group of GAF folks. There was even a new person I've never played with (B1gg_Randall). Great couple of rounds.

olimpia84

Good games tonight guys. The last one we played at Arica Harbor was challenging, (right when Crak and NoStyle left). A bunch of high-level 40s joined in the opposite team and gave us a good fight...at one point we had a lead of aprox 100 tickets and we slowly started to blew it but towards the end we got our act together.

No_Style said:
Great to play with a solid group of GAF folks. There was even a new person I've never played with (B1gg_Randall). Great couple of rounds.
I need to play more...I blame Super Street Fighter 4 lol..I saw Crakatak187 and Renderman017 so I decided to play BC 2 again lol..I hope to play with you and the rest of GAF again...:D

Great games definitely Olimpia, Crak, Bigg, and No Style.

Man guerilla, hide and seek style warfare. This is the second time this kind of strat has been used against me when I roll with the GAF crew.

Yah still cant get used to shotguns. So used to shooting from far away lol.

But fun times. Definitely needed it from a busy day at work.

OH MY CAR

we were defenders on the first section of Atacama Desert and some dude bails on their chopper and it lands PERFECTLY behind A, so i hop in and my squadmates hop in and and we were RAAAAAPING their base and any vehicle that dared leave and then EA Online went down with like 8 kills left

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry for last night faceless... i couldnt kill anyone on Onslaught... literally. =/
Its a bug/glitch or something like that.

KZObsessed

Finally got around to buying this (PS3) after enjoying the Beta a lot. Have delayed purchasing it due to having been quite burnt out on online FPSs. Played first time last night and I think I did ok, played with pwon and 10dollars.

First impressions, the controls felt a little floaty, I wish I could alter the X and Y axis sensitivity independantly and the turning speed sarts off slow then accelerates a bit too fast when I have the sensitivity at what I want, but overall it feels great. I love that sense of weight/presence of a character in my FPSs. It may be my imagination but it feels like the guns have even more oomf than they did in the Beta. They feel fantastic, the bullets you fire are very visible and have a great impact. The game has great gunplay.

Only played on a couple of maps and the mode I'm not sure the name, was just running around capturing 3 points. Oh, had some great fun with 10dollars piloting the helicopter with me as gunner.

Ferrrrrrssssisssssss! >_<

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KZObsessed said:
Finally got around to buying this (PS3) after enjoying the Beta a lot. Have delayed purchasing it due to having been quite burnt out on online FPSs. Played first time last night and I think I did ok, played with pwon and 10dollars.

First impressions, the controls felt a little floaty, I wish I could alter the X and Y axis sensitivity independantly and the turning speed sarts off slow then accelerates a bit too fast when I have the sensitivity at what I want, but overall it feels great. I love that sense of weight/presence of a character in my FPSs. It may be my imagination but it feels like the guns have even more oomf than they did in the Beta. They feel fantastic, the bullets you fire are very visible and have a great impact. The game has great gunplay.

Only played on a couple of maps and the mode I'm not sure the name, was just running around capturing 3 points. Oh, had some great fun with 10dollars piloting the helicopter with me as gunner.

Ferrrrrrssssisssssss! >_<
YESSSSSSSS!!!
FFObsessed /KZObsessed is in the house!!!
Woooo!!!

You're gonna love it man! There are tonz of PS3 gaffers playing every night.
Gonna be online tonight see you there buddy.

Fersis said:
Sorry for last night faceless... i couldnt kill anyone on Onslaught... literally. =/
yeah, i've heard about the glitch. maybe tonight is the night! cuz tomorrow everyone will be on the new map mode packs...

olimpia84 said:
They still haven't fixed this?
nope.

WTF DICE?

1stStrike

Banned
So, got my wimpy little Geforce GTS 250 OC'd.

Stock Core clock: 370 mhz
OC'd Core clock: 812 mhz
Stock Shader clock: 885 mhz
OC'd Shader clock: 2005 mhz
Stock Memory clock: 500 mhz
OC'd Memory clock: 1080 mhz

Running stable so far in all of my tests. CPU's are stable at 4 ghz after testing.

I'm not too sure if I have the best setup for the ram (stock is 9 9 9 24 and I set it to 8 8 8 24)

Fersis said:

I'm pretty sure that is how onslaught handles lag. When you lag in it , then you can't kill anything or damage fences etc etc etc.

Mr Sandman said:
I joined you the other day, but you were in a different, full squad. Not sure if you noticed. We steam rolled them so bad that I was pretty bored. lol Not sure if I'll be playing this game for a while (might take a break to renew interest; DICE: give us new, original maps dammit). I've been pretty addicted to Alien Swarm and Lead and Gold (free weekend, liked it enough to own).

Ah, sorry, musta missed you--you should message me and/or use Mumble!

Played some more last night with my little bro, and he is officially as good and sometimes better than me. Kids these days! He was getting Ace pins left and right, but he also just discovered the glory of being a medic, so that could be a part of it, haha.

Fersis

Dubbedinenglish said:
I'm pretty sure that is how onslaught handles lag. When you lag in it , then you can't kill anything or damage fences etc etc etc.
Yup. Its a sync issue.

Wait, tomorrow theres a new VIP MAP pack ?

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
Really? I'm able to find a group every time I search no matter the map or difficulty. Now finding a good set of team mates is a totally different story.

Just pick the special C4 Assault class and play White Pass. Wait till the middle of the game and then just take down every building. You'll get it eventually.

I've recently adopted this special class of fun:

- Recon
- 870 shotty
- C4
- Explosive damage increase
- 2ndary weapon load for vehicles

I'll have to lurk a little more with this loadout. Knowing my luck, Strike or Green will spawn in on the map and kill me every time I go to plant C-4, especially strike the ba$tard, LOL

1stStrike said:
Hurry the fuck up. 2012 is just around the corner :lol

Hey. liek above, if you had only bitten the bullet and swallowed some concrete a few of those times I was planting below you!:D

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I've recently adopted this special class of fun:

- Recon
- 870 shotty
- C4
- Explosive damage increase
- 2ndary weapon load for vehicles

I'll have to lurk a little more with this loadout. Knowing my luck, Strike or Green will spawn in on the map and kill me every time I go to plant C-4, especially strike the ba$tard, LOL

I'm definitely hunting your ass now that you're running around with a shotty. FUCK YO COUCH! :lol

Cornbread78 said:
Hey. liek above, if you had only bitten the bullet and swallowed some concrete a few of those times I was planting below you!:D

I prefer chocolate.

Fersis

White Pass Rush
Nelson Bay Conquest

Sounds good to me. (Though i cant see anything in Nelson Bay :lol )

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Yeah, more recycled maps! Woo...
I was talkin' about the game modes... i mean at least they're not Squad Rush maps!

Fersis

Mr Sandman said:
You should be able to see better as its Conquest variant is day-lit!
Really? Thats badass!

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
I'm definitely hunting your ass now that you're running around with a shotty. FUCK YO COUCH! :lol

I prefer chocolate.

I've had fun with it thus far, I kinda get why some NOOBs do nothign but run around with it 24/7. It just sucks with range, other than that at least someone dies when you shoot them, unlike the G3. I've totally killed my KD permenantly for this game.

14 more to go, hopefully I can pile some up some 2.0s soon so I can get my first platinum.

Edit: White Pass Rush? What? Really? Holy $hit! Please! 2.0 Heaven! Please, Please, Please!

CozMick

Banned
Just re-bought this today and the news of more VIP maps is great news :lol

White pass is an incredible Conquest map, hope Rush is just as good.

olimpia84

When are the new maps coming out?

Nelson Bay Conquest has a lot of potential and from what it sounds like it'll be in daylight which will make things easier.
I'm worried about White Pass Rush though, I'm hoping they avoid placing the MCOMS inside houses although I don't see how can that be prevented since the entire map is pretty much made up of houses. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to rack up demo kills.

Fersis

olimpia84 said:

Nelson Bay Conquest has a lot of potential and from what it sounds like it'll be in daylight which will make things easier.
I'm worried about White Pass Rush though, I'm hoping they avoid placing the MCOMS inside houses although I don't see how can that be prevented since the entire map is pretty much made up of houses. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to rack up demo kills.
Tomorrow i think.

Kibbles

I never have to download anything, are they just unlocking these modes off the disc and calling them new maps? :lol

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:

Oh come on Olimpia, this would be a 2.0 Dream, everyone just uses C-4 anyhow, so now at least they'll give players more opportunity now.... I can see it already....
The Wharehouse wouldn't drop and the barn would take like 30 Morter strikes to drop it, so it wouldn't be too bad!

Anyhow, hope to get onto the server tonight, LOL.

Cornbread78

Crakatak187 said:
Something tells me I'm not going to like White Pass Rush. I predict it's going to be Hide go seek Rush.

no, more like C-4 rush, damn the house is falling, just what the doctor ordered, LOL

While I was trying to get my Shotgun kills up, I switched over to Hardcore mode but now that I'm done I went back to regular mode... and kind of don't like it as much. Too much crap on screen with the mini map, the icons, and everything. I got used to the clean look of hardcore. Where people die when you shot them and you still have ammo to kill a second guy without reloading.

The killcam doesn't give away my position and while a good player can know where he got shot from, I like that the noobs keep coming back for more. I was a medic last night and walked into a house of 4 guys and was able to kill 3 of them without reloading... the fourth got me of course. I can't do everything!

But after playing for a while, I think I may keep on with hardcore for a while. I may switch back but right now, it's my new thing. It's fun and interesting and I'm really enjoying killing people when shooting them.

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
While I was trying to get my Shotgun kills up, I switched over to Hardcore mode but now that I'm done I went back to regular mode... and kind of don't like it as much. Too much crap on screen with the mini map, the icons, and everything. I got used to the clean look of hardcore. Where people die when you shot them and you still have ammo to kill a second guy without reloading.

The killcam doesn't give away my position and while a good player can know where he got shot from, I like that the noobs keep coming back for more. I was a medic last night and walked into a house of 4 guys and was able to kill 3 of them without reloading... the fourth got me of course. I can't do everything!

But after playing for a while, I think I may keep on with hardcore for a while. I may switch back but right now, it's my new thing. It's fun and interesting and I'm really enjoying killing people when shooting them.

Biggest problem I have with Hardcore is that it is a M95 snipefest and shotty snipefest...That's all everyone uses... get's both aggrivatng and boring really quick!

Kibbles

VibratingDonkey said:
:lol ...

2rztf03.jpg

Fersis

Kibbles said:
I never have to download anything, are they just unlocking these modes off the disc and calling them new maps? :lol
Some of the maps were in the previous patches.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
no, more like C-4 rush, damn the house is falling, just what the doctor ordered, LOL

destruction 2.0 kills FTW!

need to get back on the BC2 saddle, haven't played much of anything lately and still sitting @ 11 2.0 kills (or 9 can't remember)

Cornbread78 said:
Biggest problem I have with Hardcore is that it is a M95 snipefest and shotty snipefest...That's all everyone uses... get's both aggrivatng and boring really quick!

This is a problem with the Rush versions sometimes cause they will just camp the MCOM's cause you have no choice but to go to them but in Conquest them camping and sniping actually will hurt their team since they aren't moving to capture the flags. I played many games where we held all 3 flags for a while.

Top Bottom