• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Erasus

Feels way better after the patch.

I wish they would make dual-cor procs preform better. My Athlöon X2 7750@2.7GHZ is choking.

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
This is a problem with the Rush versions sometimes cause they will just camp the MCOM's cause you have no choice but to go to them but in Conquest them camping and sniping actually will hurt their team since they aren't moving to capture the flags. I played many games where we held all 3 flags for a while.

I haven't even tried Conquest in hardcore, is it less invasive? Damn camping stat whores.

greenjerk said:
need to get back on the BC2 saddle, haven't played much of anything lately and still sitting @ 11 2.0 kills (or 9 can't remember) .

Yeah ya do, stop kickin' cans down the road and start killin' again.

I was just thinking of Rush on White Pass not too long ago.

Last night I was in this clan with a bunch of young guys who were pretty good. We had the best squad in several straight matches.

Also, I've been trying to find out which shotgun I like best. I kinda like the Spas-12 the most.

KZObsessed

This has to be one of the worst games for "joining late" I've ever played :lol

Yesterday was great, played about 3 games with people on level 20ish or a little below, but today it's just put me in games with level 50's who have prestiged (or whatever) 2-3 times. There was a conquest game where the other team were just camping and not even bothering to go for the objectives. Rush games where the teams have been stacked, getting killed with rocket launchers as soon as I spawn. Awful games today, just had one which was 3 vs 0, hopefully tomorrow will be better. -_-

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I haven't even tried Conquest in hardcore, is it less invasive? Damn camping stat whores.

Yeah ya do, stop kickin' cans down the road and start killin' again.

yah, i know. no excuses. should be on in a little bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I know it's totally not relevant. But it's why I haven't been playing BC2 with Faceless these past few days.

Fuck the 1% achievement/trophy in Killzone 2. I want to strangle the developer that thought of that shit. You basically have to sit on the PS3 24/7 ALL GODDAMN WEEK to even hope to get that trophy. Fucking UGH. I'm about fluctuating between 1% (and at the very bottom) and 6% and I want to get both this goddamn week so I don't have to sit here and grind on this shit AGAIN next week to get the 1% if I fail.

Fucking ugh. It makes me sick.

At least DICE got their achievements right (with the exception of "Et Tu, Brute?") in Bad Company 2. :|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
I know it's totally not relevant. But it's why I haven't been playing BC2 with Faceless these past few days.

Fuck the 1% achievement/trophy in Killzone 2. I want to strangle the developer that thought of that shit. You basically have to sit on the PS3 24/7 ALL GODDAMN WEEK to even hope to get that trophy. Fucking UGH. I'm about fluctuating between 1% (and at the very bottom) and 6% and I want to get both this goddamn week so I don't have to sit here and grind on this shit AGAIN next week to get the 1% if I fail.

Fucking ugh. It makes me sick.

At least DICE got their achievements right (with the exception of "Et Tu, Brute?") in Bad Company 2. :|
You surely love trophies.

1stStrike

Banned
I've got some Crysis and Mass Effect 2 to play on this new power house of a PC. Tried them both out at 1600x1200 and they ran perfect (maxed out).

I need to finish NG+ on NIER too...

Ugh! So little time for gaming anymore :|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
You surely love trophies.

Well, Valor Rank 3/4 (6/1% on weekly leaderboard) are all the online trophies for Killzone 2 that I have left and they're the two that prevent me from platinum the game. So yeah, I'm annoyed as hell at these.

Plus I love increasing my levels. Cue Penny-Arcade "Bar fills and I'm happy, and then it empties and I'm sad" comic from Blur here

Where is this talk of VIP Map Pack 5 (White Pass Rush and Nelson Bay Conquest apparently) coming from? I can't see anything on the blog or on twitter, did I miss something?

EDIT: OK, I'm hearing that it's showing up on the in-game store as being available tomorrow, is that right? I can't check ATM :D

endlessflood said:
Where is this talk of VIP Map Pack 5 (White Pass Rush and Nelson Bay Conquest apparently) coming from? I can't see anything on the blog or on twitter, did I miss something?

EDIT: OK, I'm hearing that it's showing up on the in-game store as being available tomorrow, is that right? I can't check ATM :D
yep, shows up in the in-game store.

Marvie_3 said:
Anyone wanna play(360) in about an hour?
i'll probably be on, waiting on a friend to show up.

OK so I downloaded BC2 for my new gaming PC since I'm trying to migrate from Xbox to PC gaming.

Natually I suck at the m/k setup. It's been years since I played online FPS games on PC. Any advice on control setups or general strategy?

My first few games have been... punishing.

kitch9

Banned
KZObsessed said:
This has to be one of the worst games for "joining late" I've ever played :lol

Yesterday was great, played about 3 games with people on level 20ish or a little below, but today it's just put me in games with level 50's who have prestiged (or whatever) 2-3 times. There was a conquest game where the other team were just camping and not even bothering to go for the objectives. Rush games where the teams have been stacked, getting killed with rocket launchers as soon as I spawn. Awful games today, just had one which was 3 vs 0, hopefully tomorrow will be better. -_-

If you need points quick, Medic and Engineer may be the way to go at first.

lastplayed said:
OK so I downloaded BC2 for my new gaming PC since I'm trying to migrate from Xbox to PC gaming.

Natually I suck at the m/k setup. It's been years since I played online FPS games on PC. Any advice on control setups or general strategy?

Just stick with it, I had a hard time adjusting to kb/m when I put over 12 days in WaW (not proud lol) on the 360 but it didn't take long. You'll get there in no time.

So how're the new maps, guys? Screens?? :D

lastplayed said:

Here, add me:
Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Can someone repost the Mumble server info? The new PC'ers could probably use it.

Had some damned awesome games last night. Started the night playing with my brother and another gaffer for a few (Lord Griegous(sp?)). Last game of that series, I left in frustration. Atacama Desert Rush, with a bad team, is just frustrating. Literally three guys would hang out at the chopper spawn, waiting for it, WHILE my brother and I were flying in it. What a goddamned waste. After watching this happened, and actually seeing them get the chopper, fly straight backwards into the ground, blow the chopper up, and then go BACK to the helipad to wait for it to spawn AGAIN...fuck that shit.

After that, it was me, my brother, and my two friends, tearing it up. We had a good team, but the opposing team was solid as well. My last game of the night was Atacama as defenders, and on a 24 person server, shit is rough as a defender. You're spread so thin as it is, that if your team isn't consolidated and working together, it's virtually impossible (or so we thought, to win).

So after the second to last series of MCOMs is blown, I am dead and grab one of the tanks at the defender spawn. My brother is still at the last set, now the attackers spawn, as is another friend. I drive up in my tank and start shelling the buildings and tell my brother to try to steal one of their tanks (my other friend already has one). After my brother has a tank, I have him drive backwards to join me as we three shell the shit out of their spawn. A UAV one-shots me, I respawn and get in my brother's tank. So the defenders have a total of five tanks now :lol

Even with this advantage, the attackers managed to sneak in and arm MCOM A SEVERAL times, and got MCOM B armed once. But we successfully held them off.

Another game we played was the 1st series of MCOMs on Isla Inocentes, as defenders. I had switched from attackers to defenders (to join my brother) and forgot to change my kit from Medic to Engineer. Well, the attackers were one of those "use the chopper as a one-time transport and/or explosive device" except they were pretty damned good at it, and were smart enough to load the chopper with 3-5 people each time. So we lose MCOM A because of this and have a few scares with MCOM B, and it's the same every time--beeline for the MCOM, bail at the last second, and arm the MCOM in the chaos. Finally, I die and switch to engineer--fuckers didn't make it to the MCOM again.

So satisfying to stare a chopper down with a rocket launcher as it's heading right for you.

OldJadedGamer said:
This is a problem with the Rush versions sometimes cause they will just camp the MCOM's cause you have no choice but to go to them but in Conquest them camping and sniping actually will hurt their team since they aren't moving to capture the flags. I played many games where we held all 3 flags for a while.

Yes Rush hardcore can be annoying, snipe fests, conquest hardcore is much more fun. I prefer conquest either way being old school BF player so it's cool with me.

On PC also never see the shotgun being abused in hardcore mode, assume the faster accuracy just makes the shotgun not as needed on PC.

olimpia84

Good games last night with the PS3 gaf crew, dominating performance by everybody as usual :D
I'll be on tonight to try the new maps; Nelson Bay Conquest sounds like it'll be a fun one.

The Faceless Master said:
White Pass Rush.

:lol :lol :lol

oh no they didn't!

yeah, when i saw the images for this, i was sure the Russians would be attacking...
4/6 D2.0able MCOMs...it's like they made the level for those achievement hunters!

@Snrub. For some reason those fully loaded BH bailers are always so easy to defend.:lol

Nabs

Mr. Snrub said:
So how're the new maps, guys? Screens?? :D

Here, add me:
Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Can someone repost the Mumble server info? The new PC'ers could probably use it.

Address: 67.23.187.114
port 20198

and help setting it up

I'll probably follow you guys next time I see you on. I've been missing out lately.

Cornbread78

@Strike Fersis and Greenjerk: so where were you all last night, huh? nobody was on... I could see the tumbleweed blowing accross my XMB....

It did however allow me to play more FFXIII, so I ended up getting 2 silver and 2 gold trophies out of it. 2 more trophies to go there and I'g get my first platinum!

@TheSeks: I have almost all the KZ2 trophies, only missing a couple from the new maps, but I donlt think they count towards the Platinum. I was on the 2nd stage of the battle with
Radec
(had to be safe!) and my PS3 crapped the bed and when I sent it in for repair, they whiped the hard drive....WTF, almost 400 hours of online gameplay, but I can't bring myself to go back and play through that game on Elite again... What a nightmare!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cornbread78 said:
@Strike Fersis and Greenjerk: so where were you all last night, huh? nobody was on... I could see the tumbleweed blowing accross my XMB....

It did however allow me to play more FFXIII, so I ended up getting 2 silver and 2 gold trophies out of it. 2 more trophies to go there and I'g get my first platinum!

@TheSeks: I have almost all the KZ2 trophies, only missing a couple from the new maps, but I donlt think they count towards the Platinum. I was on the 2nd stage of the battle with
Radec
(had to be safe!) and my PS3 crapped the bed and when I sent it in for repair, they whiped the hard drive....WTF, almost 400 hours of online gameplay, but I can't bring myself to go back and play through that game on Elite again... What a nightmare!
I played with Seks,KZObsessed,Azrim and some others.
So yeah... where were you? >8(

Mr Sandman said:
4/6 D2.0able MCOMs...it's like they made the level for those achievement hunters!

:|

Great. Is it any fun? I can't imagine not being able to defend the objectives is enjoyable.

@Snrub. For some reason those fully loaded BH bailers are always so easy to defend.:lol

I agree, and it's so satisfying, but until you realize their "strategy", it can catch your team off guard, especially if you don't have an engineer who is expecting it.

And god, playing with a full squad w/communication makes this game go from good to outstanding. Can't be stated enough.

I still wish there was a goddamned in-game compass.

Mr. Snrub said:
:|

Great. Is it any fun? I can't imagine not being able to defend the objectives is enjoyable.

I agree, and it's so satisfying, but until you realize their "strategy", it can catch your team off guard, especially if you don't have an engineer who is expecting it.

And god, playing with a full squad w/communication makes this game go from good to outstanding. Can't be stated enough.

I still wish there was a goddamned in-game compass.
It's not that bad actually. My team was clearly inferior, but we held them off until the last building got destroyed with 4 tickets left. I imagine it will be a pain once they catch on and just sit back and mortar it. :\

The only ones that aren't are the first two, which means those are the ones you can't afford to lose. Seems like backwards design, but it works and is different...for now.

The server I played NB on was pretty empty (4ish people), and the other team had capped all the objectives so I left after I checked it out. I can't give impressions until I've played a full game but it didn't feel all that different from the Rush one strategy wise. The lighting is pretty rad though. They should have put two APCs or hummers or something. Attack helis would have been cool and wouldn't have a big advantage over infantry with all the trees imo.

TheSeks said:

I agree. BC2 achievements are the best I've seen (of course I think that cause I have 100% of them) but the two that were shitty were the Et Tu Brute and the Destruction 2.0. There is no reason to make it 20 demo kills. Should have been 5. Anyone playing for any sort of time would know that this is way more than enough for rarity to make it worth it.

Oh, and the person who approved Et Tu Brute to be in the game should be shamed and forced to sit in the corner with no lunch breaks for a month. HORRIBLE achievement and a stain on the rest of the list.

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
I agree. BC2 achievements are the best I've seen (of course I think that cause I have 100% of them) but the two that were shitty were the Et Tu Brute and the Destruction 2.0. There is no reason to make it 20 demo kills. Should have been 5. Anyone playing for any sort of time would know that this is way more than enough for rarity to make it worth it.

Oh, and the person who approved Et Tu Brute to be in the game should be shamed and forced to sit in the corner with no lunch breaks for a month. HORRIBLE achievement and a stain on the rest of the list.

I think the 20 2.0 kills is much worse...

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I had a rare game with faceless yesterday where everyone on the team (and the other team for the most part) brought their A-Game. Probably the most intense match I've played. Just a hail fire of bullets, grenades, and mortars. I got a 5 kill streak over the span of 4 seconds. Insane. The top half of our team had all broke 2000 with the top 3 I think were in the 3000s. About the same with the other team too.

Cornbread78 said:
I think the 20 2.0 kills is much worse...

I'm just really surprised so many console players are having trouble with this. I am NOT a recon player, it's my least played class, but I accidentally got the 20 D 2.0 kills pretty early one when I was playing. I only noticed it after I heard all the hubbub here and checked my own count :lol

Wthermans

Banned
Fersis said:
While I understand they are a Euro dev, I really hate the way everything is Euro centric. From the time of the events, to the servers chosen for the event; it just doesn't embrace the global audience BC2 has. I would like to see DICE choose some NA servers to play on and not set the events for mid-week, mid-day all the time.

As for this event specifically, they really should have split the devs into teams of 2 and had them play on different servers. Right now the server queues max out within 30 seconds of zh1nt0 announcing the name and you're left trying to join a queue for another queue to join the actual game. Plus with all their devs playing on one server you're effectively restricting the number of players that can join the server.

Fersis

Topher said:
I tried to add you the other day, "The_New_Number_2"
Ill add you tonight.
Wthermans said:
While I understand they are a Euro dev, I really hate the way everything is Euro centric. From the time of the events, to the servers chosen for the event; it just doesn't embrace the global audience BC2 has. I would like to see DICE choose some NA servers to play on and not set the events for mid-week, mid-day all the time.

As for this event specifically, they really should have split the devs into teams of 2 and had them play on different servers. Right now the server queues max out within 30 seconds of zh1nt0 announcing the name and you're left trying to join a queue for another queue to join the actual game. Plus with all their devs playing on one server you're effectively restricting the number of players that can join the server.
I guess there are some time zone issues with that?

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm just really surprised so many console players are having trouble with this. I am NOT a recon player, it's my least played class, but I accidentally got the 20 D 2.0 kills pretty early one when I was playing. I only noticed it after I heard all the hubbub here and checked my own count :lol

It was my very last MP achievement I had. By playing naturally, I already had 9 before I started boosting. I've played countless hours since then and only got 2 more from when I stopped boosting to 20. It made me change the way I played the game and I'm sure I hurt my other teammates by going around blowing up every building. That is what makes a bad achievement when you have players boosting it and hurting their teammates in the process.

Wthermans

Banned
Fersis said:
Ill add you tonight.

I guess there are some time zone issues with that?
I completely understand why they don't do it (they would have to be gaming around midnight or later to play in NA's Prime Time, I just think it doesn't foster the NA community and gives many a feeling of being slighted. Too bad they closed DICE Canada all those years ago since they could have gotten that team involved.

Edit. Awesome I just waited through 90 people in the queue only to finally join the server just in time to see the devs disconnect.... Now I can't even join the next server's queue cause it's capped out.

Edit 2. Well I finally got into the server queue, waited to number 15 and then lost connection to the server (due to DICE restarting it). I join in on the new server that's at 15/32, load into the game and promptly get kicked "to make room for VIPs". So now I'm at the back of the queue again. Just terrible. :(

KZObsessed

kitch9 said:
If you need points quick, Medic and Engineer may be the way to go at first.

Yep, I've been playing as Medic today trying to rack up the points. I can get about 2000 points in a game now, not great but an improvement. I unlocked the 4xOPT for the Medic class and feel much more well matched now. Also found a server with people only in the level 20's rather than 40's and 50's of last night so had some good close games.

People kept telling me Conquest was the best mode but after a few games last night it was just high level players camping in corners waiting for people to come and capture the objective rather than trying to take the others. But today had some great conquest games. I still think Rush is much better, much more intersting... when the teams are balanced. Which seems quite rare. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to find a decent Rush server eventually found a good one and had two really close games with the defending team just winning at the end when down to the last station. Had some great Rush games today as well.

Hopefully I can play with Fersis and others tonight/tomorrow again.

KZObsessed said:
Yep, I've been playing as Medic today trying to rack up the points. I can get about 2000 points in a game now, not great but an improvement. I unlocked the 4xOPT for the Medic class and feel much more well matched now. Also found a server with people only in the level 20's rather than 40's and 50's of last night so had some good close games.

People kept telling me Conquest was the best mode but after a few games last night it was just high level players camping in corners waiting for people to come and capture the objective rather than trying to take the others. But today had some great conquest games. I still think Rush is much better, much more intersting... when the teams are balanced. Which seems quite rare. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to find a decent Rush server eventually found a good one and had two really close games with the defending team just winning at the end when down to the last station. Had some great Rush games today as well.

I like Rush a lot but I like to attack more than defend. It's up in the air for me. Sometimes I'll play a shit ton of Rush then I'll switch and play a shit ton of Conquest.

Mr Sandman said:
It's not that bad actually. My team was clearly inferior, but we held them off until the last building got destroyed with 4 tickets left. I imagine it will be a pain once they catch on and just sit back and mortar it. :\

The only ones that aren't are the first two, which means those are the ones you can't afford to lose. Seems like backwards design, but it works and is different...for now.

The server I played NB on was pretty empty (4ish people), and the other team had capped all the objectives so I left after I checked it out. I can't give impressions until I've played a full game but it didn't feel all that different from the Rush one strategy wise. The lighting is pretty rad though. They should have put two APCs or hummers or something. Attack helis would have been cool and wouldn't have a big advantage over infantry with all the trees imo.
White Pass is ... well, not unwinnable, but, and maybe this is because people don't comprehend the map quite yet, it's almost a guaranteed win on attack.

on attack you can RPG both crates from the hill to the right near your spawn, or from the under construction building to the right, or the hill just past it. you can also RPG them from on top of the cargo container from the left. and if you actually make it to the building, you can C4 both crates from the 2nd floor or the roof.

played twice on attack and rolled over the other team. played twice on defense and the first game we held them to the first section, though it was tough. i was sensor spamming like a madman. 2nd game we got pushed back to the last set and basically spawn camped the shit out of them, but they still managed to take down A and B was on it's last legs from RPG's.

if they reversed the direction of the map, put one crate in the well by the barn and another in the courtyard by the guard tower, it would be so much better.

I played an entire attacking game last night for the first time in awhile and went 28-4. :D

And as an attacking recon no less - VSS with red dot and motion balls galore. My 360 was set up at my friend's still(it's back at mah house now though) and all of my nub friends were like :eek: - they usually go like 8-11 or similar less than 1.0 k/d. :lol

I think I left my damn microphone at his house though, I'll ride over there tonight or tomorrow so we can rape some kids faceless.

I'll probably pick this up again on PC next time it goes on sale on steam. Hopefully I will be selling my 360 version in the b/s/t soon. If anyone needs a 360 copy, feel free to PM me.

CozMick

Banned
Just got my ass pounded on Nelson Bay Conquest, horrible campers map.

9,000,000 kills / 0 captures - Fuck the TDM wannabes :lol

KZObsessed said:

guarding the objectives is a good thing. i hate when the game is just a merry go round of capping and recapping with no defense. and if your team has the objective advantage, there's even more reason to sit on the capture points you have and let the other team come to you. that or go to the remaining objective and spawn camp the shit out of it.

Mr. Snrub said:
i'm surprised too, i have 93 on 360 and 29 on PS3 and i've played the 360 version about triple the amount of time so it's pretty even based on that... the knife 5 friends is more annoying, you actually need a friend to be on the other team. that was easy for me to get on PS3 near launch because i added like 20 GAF players who always wanting to play, but was a pain on 360 because my friends list was already full

OldJadedGamer said:

i'm just glad they weren't straight retarded like a few of the BC1 achievements/trophies.

Top Bottom