• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

The Faceless Master said:
train tracks?
No, the ridge along the edge of the map between C and B, you have to do some platform jumping from the sheds at C then run along the top of the ridge and fall into a little nest shaped rock formation thats covered by trees. I don't mind when people spawn on me on the train tracks since its pretty easy to be spotted. In fact, I actually like it when they do spawn w/ me there, that way if I die I can just spawn on them.

bean breath said:
No, the ridge along the edge of the map between C and B, you have to do some platform jumping from the sheds at C then run along the top of the ridge and fall into a little nest shaped rock formation thats covered by trees. I don't mind when people spawn on me on the train tracks since its pretty easy to be spotted. In fact, I actually like it when they do spawn w/ me there, that way if I die I can just spawn on them.
don't you just go from the sandbags to the fence to the shed to the green building to the cliff, then just run over the hill and then make a left to the bushes? or am i thinking of a different spot?

don't you just go from the sandbags to the fence to the shed to the green building to the cliff, then just run over the hill and then make a left to the bushes? or am i thinking of a different spot?
Thats the one. The jump from the green building to the hill gave me trouble, took me several attempts to finally make it up.

bean breath said:
Thats the one. The jump from the green building to the hill gave me trouble, took me several attempts to finally make it up.
oh... yeah i guess that jump could be tricky at first since you have to jump later than you would think... i did this jump so many times in the beta so that jump was a piece of cake.

oh... yeah i guess that jump could be tricky at first since you have to jump later than you would think... i did this jump so many times in the beta so that jump was a piece of cake.
Damn I miss that weird sun ray glare the scopes had in the beta.

Jtrizzy

Irish said:
I expect to see Faceless on PSN next week. No, I demand it.

Anyway, I am really curious to see what all has changed since the first patch came out. It's been a long time since I've played. Plus, Trizzy seems to have been playing it all by his lonesome.

It's funny, after joking around about how you AJ and Faceless never play anymore I started thinking about how bad the post release support has been. Really, all they've done is unlock different configurations of the same maps. They could at least shit out a few maps from past iterations in the series.

It's funny when a "new" map pack comes out you go to the store and it tells you "this content is already available for use" or something to that effect. It's still my favorite multiplayer game, but I need more content. I really hope the Vietnam expansion pack delivers, because as of right now MOH doesn't look like it will. Too bad DICE has been wasting it's time with that garbage...that should have been some sort of urban warfare expansion pack for BC2.

I remember seeing that video a few pages back, you posted it for the double kill, those kills always feel good. Now I need to figure out how to get on top of the cliff by the waterfall in Laguna Presa.

bean breath said:
I remember seeing that video a few pages back, you posted it for the double kill, those kills always feel good. Now I need to figure out how to get on top of the cliff by the waterfall in Laguna Presa.
pretty much brute force sprint jumping... when you get really close, you want to go a little to the left, but it's pretty much brute force... or you could drive a tank or quad up there.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Just had an amazing round on Atacama desert rush. Yet my squad still lost as defenders. The other team won by using constant mortar and UAV missile strikes. Cowards. Arm those charges like men. *shakes fist*

Edit - Ok whats up with this dumbass matchmaking. In 3 hours I got to play Atacama desert Attack rush once.
Wish that happened more often. The games are much more intense when both teams are neck to neck arming and disarming. Not sitting back and missile M-COM or UAV C4ing.

Crakatak187 said:
Wish that happened more often. The games are much more intense when both teams are neck to neck arming and disarming. Not sitting back and missile M-COM or UAV C4ing.
In the games I played there seems to be a type of honor system, where if the first team to attack arms the m-coms, then the other team will reciprocate them when it's their turn to attack. Then again, maybe they were just new and I'm reading too much into it.

No I see that a lot also. Like the opposing team won with Vehicle C4 M-COM bashing and the next game I see some of my team members try the same tactics. Getting them back with the same tactics. I use to do that on my first two months but now I just arm it or defend the armed M-COMs. My honor system only lets me stoop low and snipe M-COM on Arica Harbor, no C4 or landmines anymore. Makes me somewhat of a hypocrite I admit, but I won't C4/Mine your M-COM if you face me on the opposing team.

jorma

is now taking requests
OldJadedGamer said:
My favorite part about Wookies is that most of them are too stupid to actually move when they shoot you. They have some odd ball thing in their head that you aren't going to come after them once the kill cam gives away their location.

Snipers are probably the dumbest of the bunch. I'd say that out of all the snipers I encounter only 20% of them are actually good at it.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I don't move if i'm in a good spot. I mean sooner or later i'll die anyway, either by another sniper or by a knife in the back. It's all in the game. And to be honest, not that many actually do go after you. So not necessarily stupidity, more like calculated risk imo.

My odd ball stupid shit when i snipe is rather that too often i don't even move when i'm being shot at! :p
I'm confident i'll be able to reload, aim and kill the dude shooting at me before he gets another hit in. That confidence has no grounding in reality though, and thus my shitty kdr...=)

It's a general rule of mines to move after killing. I use my old location as bait and it's not just the person you killed that will be after you. It will also be his squad member or people close by when you were spotted. Since it only last 3-4 seconds I'm getting the hell away from that area I was in.

When defending I'm sticking to my spot though got to block off some paths.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJqTmSxeIEA&feature=related
Holy shit :lol

The video I was talking about either yesterday or the day before that the people who played the matches with me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiiRZulgR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4TbHehV49k

Ok. The Announcement!

360_faceless360.png

This Summer, I'm going to take my talents Home and rejoin the PS3 GAF.

olimpia84

Ok. The Announcement!

360_faceless360.png

Nice! I'm slowly getting up there, just need a few more thousand to get to 46

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Does this mean you're patching your PS3 right now and patching BC2 right now? I'd boot BC2 and wait like a dog waiting for his master to get home if it was right now. :D :lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok. The Announcement!

360_faceless360.png

You're dead to me.

DEAAAAAAD!

Your FL was full anyways so we never got to play :p

i love how it asks you to press ok after reading the EULA. then asks "do you want to install this update?" then "are you sure?" I HAD THREE CHANCES TO SAY NO!!!
Pankaks said:
You're dead to me.

DEAAAAAAD!

Your FL was full anyways so we never got to play :p
this is a multiplatform deal :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yes the master comes back to where it belongs!!
This weekend im gonna play a lot of BFBC2 (No EVO this time :lol ) see you there buddies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cornbread78 said:
So, who's going to be rocking BFBC2 this weekend PS3 GAF?
Me me me !

Im trying to spice up a little bit my game so im playing as a Medic and Recon. (No sniping though)

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
Me me me !

Im trying to spice up a little bit my game so im playing as a Medic and Recon. (No sniping though)

I'll try to jump on a little earlier tonight, so I can catch you before you log off (you're 5 hours ahead of me).

Az

I'll be on today and tomorrow quite a bit. Sorry 8Bit I had to leave yesterday.

Edit to give out some love: Crak is probably the best player I've played BC2 with so far, always really consistent.

olimpia84

I'll be on tonight and hopefully I won't have any of the disconnection issues I did last night... it sucks to have a shitty ISP.

BTW I'll be playing mostly Conquest, I had enough with the C4 fest in Rush games.

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:
I'll be on tonight and hopefully I won't have any of the disconnection issues I did last night... it sucks to have a shitty ISP.

BTW I'll be playing mostly Conquest, I had enough with the C4 fest in Rush games.

Conquest in White Pass is the same way, LOL.... I just may have to fight the urge to sneak back to that level. I only need toe 2.0 kills and the MComm trophy to platinum teh game.

Still at 4 2.0s, LOL

Raiden

Banned
Oh man, just had an awesome round! First time i got to be the top player in the scoreboards, and all by teamwork and playing the game correctly.

This is probally the first videogame i played where you can use destruction for a tactical advantage, we are playing rush and are at the final bombsite, me and my squad stealthed our way to the last position.

My squad goes in guns blazing from the front, i blow a hole in the wall from the side, through all the confusion and chaos i flanked-killed two guys inside the building and knifing the third>>>building was clear, i place charge, defend>succes!

TheSeks

Playing with Faceless is so damn relaxing. I've forgotten how much he boosts my KDR when he's around.

33-9, 13-3, 19-2. Of course, this is tank whoring and now and then having to kill whoever killed him (if I can, stupid magnum ammo. *mumble grumble*) but even if we lose I don't go crazy because the effort/teamwork was worth it. :lol

i_shoot_to_kill joins in like the last three-four rounds we played on Atacama, he and Faceless both steal the helicopters and I just bounce between the two as gunner whenever the one I was in got killed. :lol

TheSeks said:
Playing with Faceless is so damn relaxing. I've forgotten how much he boosts my KDR when he's around.

33-9, 13-3, 19-2. Of course, this is tank whoring and now and then having to kill whoever killed him (if I can, stupid magnum ammo. *mumble grumble*) but even if we lose I don't go crazy because the effort/teamwork was worth it. :lol

i_shoot_to_kill joins in like the last three-four rounds we played on Atacama, he and Faceless both steal the helicopters and I just bounce between the two as gunner whenever the one I was in got killed. :lol
that last part was hilarious. i almost thought there were 2 of you, every time i looked you were a gunner.

TheSeks said:

yeah that was pretty tasty easy points for ya

first day back on PS3 and i already got a D2.0 Kill!

White Pass its way to easy to get it there and plus we were raping them...are u posting while your playing too??

I wonder if I've encountered any of you guys online, seems like I encounter the same people a few times a week so maybe its regional servers? I play every night, mostly SDM and conquest, between 12am-6am Est.
My names kinda easy to pick out lol, not many people running around every PS3 shooter named after a gun lol.

But, yeah anyone need a squadie, send me an invite. Im not amazing but I'm Oki. Can't seem to find that type of sig Faceless just used, I'd post mine :D Sadly stuck at 31 tho leveling slow, Rush would help I'm sure.

Starfish_Oxide said:

White Pass its way to easy to get it there and plus we were raping them...are u posting while your playing too??
White Pass Rush is going to be insane for D2.0 kills. Can't wait. :D

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
So, who's going to be rocking BFBC2 this weekend PS3 GAF?

I'm gonna try but i've had a horrible week... i wanna play but i'm completely drained and wiped out.
had it out with my boss today... but won. i don't anyone has ever done that before

i played until the server went down!

3 straight losses, then 15 win streak!

Starfish_Oxide said:

yeah, i do that sometimes during the loading screens or just before the game ends.

or occasionally during the game when something AWESOME happens.

TheSeks

that last part was hilarious. i almost thought there were 2 of you, every time i looked you were a gunner.

:lol That one part where Cruzader and you were dead in White Pass. I was the only one left alive, they had a tank.

"SHIT! Time to get my guerrilla on." (Rambo facepaint here)

TheSeks <AKS-47U> Person near Gate coming out of B.
TheSeks <AKS-47U> Person spawning on GAte person

(RPG-7 tank as they haven't noticed me)
(RUN RUN RUN ACROSS THE GAP, STICK CLOSE TO GATE)

"Tanks near dead... unless..."

Yep, a dude was repairing it.

(Try to spot, don't see anyone in it) "Okay... hopefully this works before he gets in"

TheSeks <RPG-7> Dumbassengineerrepairingwhenheshould'vebailedonit

(Run up, take tank)

99%

"Oh, lord. You're kidding me..."

(Faceless and Cruzader spawn on me as I push into A)

Suffice it to say, we took A (but they took the tank out a short bit later) but that moment made me laugh for a good five minutes.

There was that part in Atacama RIGHT AT THE END with Faceless and Starfish_Oxide/i_shoot_to_kill in a tank waiting for the Helicopter at the enemy base. Long story short, I'm on the other end of the base, take out a dude that was tank hassling me as I hoofed it over there.

Okay, so I get around.

TheSeks <AKS-47U> Somedude1
TheSeks <AKS-47U> SpawningonSomeDude

(run around the back near the anti-air gun)

"Medic spotted!"

TheSeks <AKS-47U> MedicDude

(Person comes around the stationary AT corner near Faceless, they take him out)
(Another dude comes around)

TheSeks <AKS-47U> Dude #4

(Hop into the AT area to take out AT dude if there is one to stop them from hasseling Faceless)

"Well, blow me down there is one!"
(AK: 0/40)

"SHIT GOTTA RELOAD!"
TheSeks <M1911A1 WW2 .45> Stationary AT

(Switch back to AK, reload it)

"FUCK MORE DUDES BEHIND THE AT POINT!"

TheSeks <AKS-47U> SomeDude

(run to the anti-air, someone is about to get on it)

TheSeks <RPG-7> Dude before Anti-Air hop on.

(AK: 0/0)

US team: 0 tickets left.

(Good five minutes at the end of the round and I'm with no ammo with the exception of the pistol and RPG)

SomeDude outside of their base <SomegunI'mforgetting> TheSeks

"YOUR TEAM WINS!"

:lol :lol :lol Oh, Faceless man: You have no idea how much I've missed you. I start cackling like a witch when we start to steamroll people and I get some badass moments from it as well. :lol :lol :lol

Starfish_Oxide said:

Yeah, I helped you guys with the vehicles taking down part, but didn't get kills. You two move way too fast and I'm not the best gunner. :lol

Faceless said:
>>D 2.0<<

You'd have two of them if I didn't tag another dude with the 40MM G.Launcher when he was firing at me in the building. I was like "Shit, I took his D 2--"

Faceless <Destruction 2.0> Spawnpoint dude.

"--Nevermind."

i played until the server went down!

Yeah, that was a weird disconnect. It didn't even give me a message, just straight to the main menu. :/

Edit: In other news:

AN-94 Ackban Gold Star 2 obtained.
RPG-7 Gold Star 2 Obtained
AKS-47U Gold Star 7 Obtained.

Nearly level 37. I sometimes forget that you're a points machine for me. :lol

TheAzRim said:
I'll be on today and tomorrow quite a bit. Sorry 8Bit I had to leave yesterday.

Edit to give out some love: Crak is probably the best player I've played BC2 with so far, always really consistent.
Why thank you, likewise Az. You're one of the best people to play with or against. Sometimes I'm intimidated with you on the other side. I'm not consistent when staring face to face in a vehicles. I suck at vehicles so I'm trying to get better at it. No choppers for me though

Mr Sandman said:
White Pass Rush is going to be insane for D2.0 kills. Can't wait. :D
final base in White Pass Rush is gonna be amazing! A and B in the same building!!! adjacent construction building is the perfect spot to take pot shots at objectives! (or die trying)

TheSeks

Faceless and Starfish: This reminds me. How the HELL did we hold down the building near point A in Arica Harbor Conquest? Seriously. I rush to Starfish, throw a medic pack out. Die. He throws out an ammo kit, picks up my kit. Revives me. I take down a few dudes (and get a couple of lucky grenade launches), throw an ammo pack out to his medic pack. Faceless runs up stairs and then suddenly we have the whole enemy team gunning for us while we took down some of them. It's crazy they didn't try to <D 2.0> the building. :lol

TheSeks said:
*too much stuff to quote*
yeah, i had a great time too, especially that Port Valdez game where i stole the Havoc TWICE!!!

i mean i drove into their spawn while the rest of our team was attacking A, jacked the chopper and we caused havoc, for quite a while, then finally got taken out. then i started the countdown in my head, spawned at A and shot some dude there, got the assist, repaired a jeep, hopped in, drove to the back road that leads up to the spawn, did a couple 360's to kill time, then gunned it up the hill and as i get near to the helipad it spawns and i hop in and take off right as a medic starts shooting at me! :lol :lol :lol sorry medic guy, if only you had an RPG or C4 to stop me with instead!

TheSeks said:
Faceless and Starfish: This reminds me. How the HELL did we hold down the building near point A in Arica Harbor Conquest? Seriously. I rush to Starfish, throw a medic pack out. Die. He throws out an ammo kit, picks up my kit. Revives me. I take down a few dudes (and get a couple of lucky grenade launches), throw an ammo pack out to his medic pack. Faceless runs up stairs and then suddenly we have the whole enemy team gunning for us while we took down some of them. It's crazy they didn't try to <D 2.0> the building. :lol
all i remember was i needed RPG ammo and i came upstairs and i see the 2 of you and across at A there's like 8 red triangles and i'm like "oh boy"

TheSeks

all i remember was i needed RPG ammo and i came upstairs and i see the 2 of you and across at A there's like 8 red triangles and i'm like "oh boy"

They were flanking both sides. I think our team was trying to take A, they were in the building above the "hole" and flooding out there. I was using Starfish's assault rifle (STG or something like that) with Magnum Ammo on and a 4x scope, and just mowing them down with some grenades being launched. They were coming from the other side/B as well. That was just insane. A crazy five minute dance. I think they finally got into the building took us out (took you two out while I didn't notice only to be mown down) and that was the end of it.

Just crazy crazy crazy. I wish I had a HD capture of that. :lol

it spawns and i hop in and take off right as a medic starts shooting at me!

Yeah, I think that was the part of the game where you hauled ass past me as I was going to C to help you capture it. I see the circle prompt, mash as quick as I can to grab on/hop in (that would be hilarious to see in real-life given the speed you were hauling) and I'm like "well, damn." and hoofed it back to B to defend. Suddenly we're taking A and you're in the air. :lol

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I remember you hopping out in Panama Canal earlier (like 3PM EST) today needing ammo as I spawned Assualt/V RELOAD on you. I stared at you for a minute or two and I was like "huh? Why is he out of the tank? We got tanks to whore!"

(lightbulb)

"OOOOH, I'm an idiot."

(Hop out, throw kit. Some dude steals the tank. Silently rage as the game was about over anyway)

yeah, i was out of AT Mines and the other team was driving into my mines all day, so it was basically free points for me setting 'em up, and who am i to refuse free points?

also, how about the view from the waterfall in the tank? if only our team actually held B or C, we could have chilled there a bit longer, but we started bleeding tickets so the vacation ended...

TheSeks

also, how about the view from the waterfall in the tank? if only our team actually held B or C, we could have chilled there a bit longer, but we started bleeding tickets so the vacation ended...

Oh, yeah. I remember that. I was wondering where the hell you were going and then suddenly we were up there. That was pretty cool. You'll have to show me that trick sometime. As I know the Infantry way to get up there (run and hop/hop/hop/pray you can keep climbing while sprinting and no one checks for you).

And yeah, that team SUCKED. I don't think it was until Starfish showed up that we won any of the rounds due to them bleeding the tickets.

Top Bottom