• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You missed the round just before that where I lay waste to the enemy with a 20+ killstreak with the tank whlie people keep us up near the verge of death (2%).

22 kills
2 deaths.

I own with the tank. "Tank sucks," Razor says? I say go home and be a family man on SSF4. Tank owns.

abuC

Man, I played earlier and was putting in some work with the helicopter right, I was in a squad with two randoms. I had this thing in the air for a good 5-8 mins, I get out to repair in a quiet area and one of my squadmates spawns on the gunner in the helicopter and takes off........He was shot down within 20 seconds. I normally don't send people messages, but I had to rely my feelings "Nice flying, dumbass".

BrLvgThrChmstry what's your PSN?

todahawk

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
My PSN ID is memorycure -- as far as vehicles are concerned, I only stick to anything with wheels. I'm a terrible pilot.

shit, you played with us last night... i had no idea you were a gaffer. my psn is todahawk.

TheSeks

Froze.

Anyway:

M16A1 Silver
M14 Bronze
M40 Bronze

Starting to work my way toward the golds.

Also need more helicopter kills, but that means I need Abu in my squad since everyone gets in the helicopter and I can't ever get in. :(

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ Seks driving the motherfucking tank in the motherfucking foxhole

I'm surprised I made it in. I was like "fuck it," *ram* "OH SHIT!" :lol

TheSeks

OMFG, I rolled all over them with the sniper to where they were scared to come out the right side until they took my spot out, which proceeded to go to the spot I was covering. Cue Mortar strike and teabagging five of them. :lol :lol :lol

And sweet shots of heads in the gunners of the boats.

How awesome am I?

petermooresoawesome.jpg

Razor210

TheSeks said:
You missed the round just before that where I lay waste to the enemy with a 20+ killstreak with the tank whlie people keep us up near the verge of death (2%).

22 kills
2 deaths.

I own with the tank. "Tank sucks," Razor says? I say go home and be a family man on SSF4. Tank owns.
SSF4 is making me rage way too hard now

How come half the games we're in end up having practically nobody in them? Are the servers already dead somehow?

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
How come half the games we're in end up having practically nobody in them? Are the servers already dead somehow?

Because we stomp them so hard people ragequit and DICE is being too sympathetic to our steamlolling to where they never put people in the servers we're playing in.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Because we stomp them so hard people ragequit and DICE is being too sympathetic to our steamlolling to where they never put people in the servers we're playing in.
It's the lack of refilling/autobalancing that's somewhat frustrating.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
It's the lack of refilling/autobalancing that's somewhat frustrating.

Refill is DICE's problem. Autobalance isn't anyones problem. If DICE did it, they'd split squads (like ours) to where people (like me) would quit. So, they don't do it. They could knock the people that don't squad over to the other team, but they'd just ragequit at suddenly being forced to lose to us.

There's no win for lose to the problem other than throw games or suck. Neither of which sit well with me.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Refill is DICE's problem. Autobalance isn't anyones problem. If DICE did it, they'd split squads (like ours) to where people (like me) would quit. So, they don't do it. They could knock the people that don't squad over to the other team, but they'd just ragequit at suddenly being forced to lose to us.

There's no win for lose to the problem other than throw games or suck. Neither of which sit well with me.
They could at least throw a squad on the larger side over to the side with 2 people. It'd turn into GAF vs GAF, but it sure beats sitting around having nothing better to do than TNT your own MCOMMs.

Salacious Crumb

TheSeks said:

Auto balancing seems to work pretty well on the PC.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
They could at least throw a squad on the larger side over to the side with 2 people. It'd turn into GAF vs GAF, but it sure beats sitting around having nothing better to do than TNT your own MCOMMs.

It's why I kinda prefer Conquest. Even if people ragequit, it just means free wins to my W/L ratio just taking flags and waiting for the tickets to bleed while sitting at their spawn. *shrug*

Salacious Crumb

so does a keyboard, mouse, team switch in the menu and server list.

I wasn't trying to gloat, I just meant that it demonstrably works, and there's no reason it can't or shouldn't be implemented in the console version. Same with team switch, that seems weird to not have.

1stStrike

Banned
We had some OK games tonight - there was only one that was really challenging and that was on vantage point conquest, but we made a come back and ended up raping them from the hill.

For the record, vantage point on conquest is actually pretty fun. Not so much on rush.

I was raping their tanks with mines. We had one parked in our base and I was like "fuck this" threw some mines next to it, grenaded them, and then went on a mine rampage and blew up 3 or 4 tanks after that :lol

It took us a while to get a full game - and when we finally did most people rage quit after 1 or 2 rounds because we beat their asses so bad.

multiple kill with a grenade. thanks you squad of 4 trying to disarm!

Salacious Crumb said:
I wasn't trying to gloat, I just meant that it demonstrably works, and there's no reason it can't or shouldn't be implemented in the console version. Same with team switch, that seems weird to not have.

no, i was just saying that console players would complain about being broken upfrom their friends. it was a huge complaint in BC1 and that was just because of bugs, not autobalance!

team switch... without server admins... would just be abused.

Team Switch or auto balance would be silly in 99% of console game matchmaking. Console games are built on party systems nowadays. People don't want their parties split. And people generally don't want to be bounced over to another team during a game.

The best you can do is simply give those lower population games higher priority when it comes to autofilling empty slots.

olimpia84

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ Seks driving the motherfucking tank in the motherfucking foxhole

Too bad we ended up losing that match (btw my first loss in the game, I've already played about 50 games before that match and won them all...the end of the streak) =(
I almost pulled an all-time heroics at the end when I got rid of all the medics that were protecting B in that last set. Somehow I got lucky and started taking them out one by one including the ones that were hiding in the corners, then I armed the set but our ticket count was too low by that point so we lost =(

olimpia84 said:
Too bad we ended up losing that match (btw my first loss in the game, I've already played about 50 games before that match and won them all...the end of the streak) =(
I almost pulled an all-time heroics at the end when I got rid of all the medics that were protecting B in that last set. Somehow I got lucky and started taking them out one by one including the ones that were hiding in the corners, then I armed the set but our ticket count was too low by that point so we lost =(
yeah, there was one medic that kept killing me, and he was in a different corner every time!

It was my Wookie night. I snipe the shit out of the opposing team. At one point half the opposing team on Hill 137 started team sniping me.

It was my wookie disturbance night. Once GAF left me behind in vanillaBC2 while they all romped around in Vietnam, I made it my duty to go out of my way in order to smoke grenade grief as many wookies on my team as humanly possible. Plentiful lulz were had, until one turned out to be an admin who promptly banned me.

PedYup

Great games yesterday, nonstop steamlolling fun for all.
Vietnam feels to me like BF1943, much more visceral than standard BFBC2. By the way, I just recruited my younger brother to the GAF hordes, the more the merrier!.
Rant:
Clearly DICE servers hate me, zero updates to my stats along the whole playing session. It really bothers me I´m not able to select any mod for my character XD

Merry Xmas to you all!!

meppi

Cuban Legend said:
Plentiful lulz were had, until one turned out to be an admin who promptly banned me.

And justice was served. ;P

I love playing as a wookie myself, but I can't stand how certain people tend to abuse it.
Which is actually another reason why I love playing as a wookie, so I have better means to search out and kill them. ;)

I just don't understand how it can be fun to sit all the way across the map in the same spot for as long as possible and to just pad your K/D ratio while not helping your team at all.

Last night I had a good laugh.
Someone set up camp in a desolate place behind our lines and kept sniping away without even bothering to move an inch. Even when he got killed he returned to that same spot.
So I decided to sneak up behind him and stab him in the neck.
To my surprise, as I sneaked up from behind a rock, his two squad mates were sitting there right next to him.
I thought about throwing a grenade in there, but though "fuck it" and knifed the first one in the back. The second one turned to me and must have been in a bit of a panic as he didn't even start shooting. Just wiggling around a bit trying to avoid my knife.
Stabbed him twice and that was it.
All the while the original wookie was still sitting there, camping away, oblivious to his squad-mates laying not even a meter next to him with extra air holes in them.
Stabbed him in the base of the skull as well, and proceeded to teabag them, which is something I never even thought about doing before.

Surely, after that he didn't use that same tactic again. :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
endlessflood said:
Also does anyone else think that the PBR is overpowered at the moment? I think Dice should consider making it vulnerable to small arms fire like the Hueys. On Hill 137 conquest and Cao Son Temple conquest in particular you can just annihilate the opposition on the exposed hillsides (that offer very little cover).

If you're shooting at the PBR, you're doing it wrong.

Aim for the gunner/driver they die extremely fast. Front gun on the PBR is perfect, since it take a very good combination of driver/gunner to keep it up and running for any length of time.

todahawk

Deadly said:
Does this work for everyone? I think I'm getting redirected to the US site

Also question: Do the Vietnamese actually yell shit in Vietnamese in the game?

Yes they do, i heard "diddy mao" (move it or go quickly) a few times. I've heard other stuff but can't recall the phrases, haven't had my coffee yet.

greenjerk said:
Yes they do, i heard "diddy mao" (move it or go quickly) a few times. I've heard other stuff but can't recall the phrases, haven't had my coffee yet.

I wish Dice defaulted the voices to translated. It's hard to make yourself understood to anyone outside the squad if everyone except you has original voicetrack enabled.

Facism

where does one get in on the PCGAF action? Been playing BC2 since launch, got Vietnam earlier, would like to roll with a group of decent people. There a steam group for me to join up to?

todahawk

PjotrStroganov said:
I wish Dice defaulted the voices to translated. It's hard to make yourself understood to anyone outside the squad if everyone except you has original voicetrack enabled.

Yeah, on vanilla bc2, i switched it so i could understand what the hell my team (not squad) was doing.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
If you're shooting at the PBR, you're doing it wrong.

Aim for the gunner/driver they die extremely fast. Front gun on the PBR is perfect, since it take a very good combination of driver/gunner to keep it up and running for any length of time.

This, if there is a PBR coming the recon can headshot the gunner. But you can't headshot the driver it seems (or maybe I'm missing. Which would be weird as I calculate my shots pretty damn well), or RPG the gunner. Sure, it can rip people to shreds, but it isn't infallible.

Top Bottom