• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
I'm working atm :| Downsides to the IT industry is that we're open 24/7/365.

Sorry to hear that... hopefully you make some extra money for the holiday time.

1stStrike

Banned
Unfortunately, I don't get time and a half or holiday pay, just my normal hourly rate. It's not that bad, though. I mean, I work from my house and make $30k a year, so I really can't complain.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ikuu said:
Vietnam is a much better game than BC2, they just forgot how to make good maps for it.

Disagree, they're on par.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
they never did it in BC1 or BC2. they did do a couple of 'everything unlocked' weekends in BC1 though.

Not that it mattered as most everyone unlocked everything by then for a REALLY long time.

Do any modifiers affect the flamethrower? I'm guessing no, even though it would make sense for EXPMK2 to. I usually rock body armor + LW.

Evolved1

Mr Sandman said:
Do any modifiers affect the flamethrower? I'm guessing no, even though it would make sense for EXPMK2 to. I usually rock body armor + LW.

People say EXPMK2 does affect the flamethrower, but I haven't noticed much difference in my own experience.

Still... I run an engineer build on tank-heavy maps w/ both explosive perks + flamethrower and I've had a lot of success with it. Tank killer + MCOM defender build. :lol

Everything is nice about it though I do get lot of graphical glitches on PC that I don't get with the base BC2 game such as glitching textures, some random flashes of the console popping through the window, etc.

The maps though I do agree are pretty meh despite looking nice.

I would love an urban set Tet offensive map

todahawk

recklessmind said:
People say EXPMK2 does affect the flamethrower, but I haven't noticed much difference in my own experience.

Still... I run an engineer build on tank-heavy maps w/ both explosive perks + flamethrower and I've had a lot of success with it. Tank killer + MCOM defender build. :lol

Yeah, I was basing that on what someone else said. I can't tell for sure.

Is there a damage chart any of the PC players have put together like they did for vanilla bc2 weapon stats?

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Yeah, I was basing that on what someone else said. I can't tell for sure.

Is there a damage chart any of the PC players have put together like they did for vanilla bc2 weapon stats?

Faceless posted a link to the updated version... but I don't think (iirc) that they have the perks on it.

edit: I've been wanting to play today, but it's pretty busy here. Family decided to visit. Ugh, their kids! :?

abuC

subversus said:
yes, the expansion is definitely more slow-paced and tactical than vanilla. Not sure if like. If you're going tactical route redesign maps from corridors into something else please.

I don't think it's slower paced at all, I played BC2 last night and then immediately played Nam when I was done and Nam is much faster, it even feels you're lighter and faster. I've yet to see a Rush game in Nam take 30-45mins, where as you can get those super long stalemates in BC2 often.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
CheddarApple said:
this is now £3.74 on the EA store, use this code: o3gfubinq

Arggghhh, I'd be all over this if weren't stuck in the US!

I've been playing for 2 hours now after picking it up and like it better then BC2. No stupid mortar strikes and I don't have to run in fear of helicopters because my ppsh works just fine against it.

Quick question. All my stats are still blank. Is there something wrong with the leaderboards?

Cruzader

Banned
CheddarApple said:
Sucks this DLC sells so much cheaper in other online outlets...will wait for the PSN price drop of this DLC to $7.50.

TheSeks

Cruzader said:
Sucks this DLC sells so much cheaper in other online outlets...will wait for the PSN price drop of this DLC to $7.50.

Enjoy waiting forever, then. By the time you get it, most of the online for it will be dead.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I've been playing for 2 hours now after picking it up and like it better then BC2. No stupid mortar strikes and I don't have to run in fear of helicopters because my ppsh works just fine against it.

Quick question. All my stats are still blank. Is there something wrong with the leaderboards?
There is mortar strikes though.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
online scene is great, i play regularly with non-GAF friends and some GAF peeps.

Shut up about the 360 and play on PS3, plz. ;___;

Cruzader

Banned
TheSeks said:
Enjoy waiting forever, then. By the time you get it, most of the online for it will be dead.
Guess you are right. Im passing this expansion then.

Well by that time, Ill be hooked on KZ3 and hopefully the BF3 beta :p

TheSeks

Cruzader said:
Guess you are right. Im passing this expansion then.

At least I won't have to hear you whining about the Tanks now.

CheddarApple said:

there was a post for how us dirty americans can take advantage of this, but now i can't find it again, anyone recall where it was? :(

I've been killed a good amount of times with mortars in Vietnam. Maybe you lucked out. The wookie rule, if you can't kill by sniping (You suck too much to aim) mortar.

blanky

This really got me back on battlefield, vanilla flavour had gotten a bit tired. Though it has also reawakened some frustrations. Still can't quit until the next map loaded, i thought they promised to put something in. Also I assume its either the lack or the surplus of people the past few days, but i've been getting more 3vs6, 2vs8, 1vs2 games than full games.

Vantage point, B is too essential. There's no way around it. I love Hill 137 though, and Cao Temple has some good moments as well. And there is nothing like shooting a heli out of the sky with a tank and receiving a triple :D

TheSeks

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yes there are. I guess people just aren't spamming it yet. I've only seen it used a couple times.

Pfft. I throw it anywhere I see people. I did it to a group of four sitting in the middle of the road trying to fire at our B base holding in Vantage Point conquest.

dwin45

Every map in Conquest mode is so easily spawn camped. If you get on a horrible team, prepare to spawn directly into mortar strikes in your own base. So frustrating.

TheSeks

Vantage Point doesn't have a spawn camping problem. It has a terrible to get to the flag from the spawn problem.

I won't be playing today as well. It's Christmas, time for the movies while my B-spec driver doesn't get the day off and work his ass off with endurance races :lol

dwin45

TheSeks said:
Vantage Point doesn't have a spawn camping problem. It has a terrible to get to the flag from the spawn problem.
I just played it and they had a tank firing right onto our spawn point as well as mortar strikes. If you could make it past those without dying, you were met by about 4 or 5 people who you had no chance of killing. I'm not sure if it was side A or C. It was the American side, I think.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Fulleffect said:
there was a post for how us dirty americans can take advantage of this, but now i can't find it again, anyone recall where it was? :(

Looking for this myself. Anyone care to help a fellow gafster out?

TheSeks said:
there is no spawn camping in Vietnam, spawns are3 protected!

people just camp the start of the inbounds area instead now...

olimpia84

I'm trying to figure out if the Conquest maps where even tested at all. Whoever gets "B" (in any map) and has a decent team wins 99% of the time. You might as well quit when you see your team failing capture B at the beginning.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
While I feel VP is a terrible map overall, Hill 137 is the worst conquest map of them all. Yep. I said it.
that's crazy talk! Hill 137 is great! Vantage Point basically ends when a team caps B. Phu Bai Valley is awesome and Cao Son Temple is pretty good.

Yeah I remember the conquest game I had a couple days ago on Vantage. It's a Wookie's dream after capturing Bravo. You can see the whole spawn there is no running from my scope unless I miss.

Vietnam is definitely faster pace then vanilla. A huge reason is the emphasis on infantry combat and smaller maps.

If only there was a playlist that mixed both Vanilla and Vietnam together. That can't happen since it'll boot out all those who doesn't have Vietnam on a Vietnam map. Activision on the other hand would do it anyways.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
I'm trying to figure out if the Conquest maps where even tested at all. Whoever gets "B" (in any map) and has a decent team wins 99% of the time. You might as well quit when you see your team failing capture B at the beginning.
Pretty much. B is the key. .. the Bey... Bees?

Last night i got the 'Best player' award three times in a row. :D

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I found a way to counter this increased damage bullshit. I use body armor and lwl pack. Now it feels like Battlefield.

abuC

subversus said:
I found a way to counter this increased damage bullshit. I use body armor and lwl pack. Now it feels like Battlefield.

I actually like the increased damage, in BC2 you couldn't mow down a group of people like you can in Nam. It always felt like the first 2 or 3 people just acted like a shield for the others, where as in Nam everybody gets it. I killed a group of 5 or 6 people as they came running through a doorway to disarm a crate, the XM22 was just chopping them down before they could even react. The gun felt as powerful as it should, and with a 200 round clip and me basically suppressing the doorway with nonstop shooting nobody could get through.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
abuC said:
I actually like the increased damage, in BC2 you couldn't mow down a group of people like you can in Nam. It always felt like the first 2 or 3 people just acted like a shield for the others, where as in Nam everybody gets it. I killed a group of 5 or 6 people as they came running through a doorway to disarm a crate, the XM22 was just chopping them down before they could even react. The gun felt as powerful as it should, and with a 200 round clip and me basically suppressing the doorway with nonstop shooting nobody could get through.

I like increased damage, I don't like being on a receiving end :lol Anyway I'm not sniped from SMGs across the map anymore. That was my main concern. I had to sit behind some rock most matches and it worked. I was controlling choke points but I don't like playing this way. Now I can flank people.

Top Bottom