• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

todahawk

1stStrike said:
You'd better be on today OR ELSE :lol

I know, I know. :lol
I'm gonna get toasted on Egg Nog and serenade my squadmates with my versions of Fortunate Son and Ride of the Valkyries.

demolitio

The Faceless Master said:

Wow does that explain a lot...So I really didn't get shot out of the boat from a mile away when it was going max speed and I guess that explains some of my magnificent shots as well. :lol

That being said, I love the PBR for a support weapon. You can suppress an entire area around the objective and get a lot of kills at the same time due to the damage. Much better than the MG's on the vehicles in vanilla BC2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
This, if there is a PBR coming the recon can headshot the gunner. But you can't headshot the driver it seems (or maybe I'm missing. Which would be weird as I calculate my shots pretty damn well), or RPG the gunner. Sure, it can rip people to shreds, but it isn't infallible.

I headshot the driver and gunner all the time. :)

I love seeing that thing coming around the corner... free kills. Fuck I snipe them with the AK.

Edit: I don't know about that claim on the EA forum... I mean I've shot the guy in the head plenty of times. You shoot him in the head, he dies. Maybe people die from the boat taking damage, but they most certainly die faster when you shoot them in the face.

olimpia84 said:
Vantage Point rush is soooo broken. Fun when you are in defense but frustrating when you are in offense
yeah, that first set is usually won or lost in the first 60 seconds. as soon as i see that map, i get ready to fled.

recklessmind said:
I headshot the driver and gunner all the time. :)

I love seeing that thing coming around the corner... free kills. Fuck I snipe them with the AK.

Edit: I don't know about that claim on the EA forum... I mean I've shot the guy in the head plenty of times. You shoot him in the head, he dies. Maybe people die form the boat taking damage, but they most certainly die faster when you shoot them in the face.
or maybe you *thought* you shot him in the head, but you were hitting the boal all along!

(whatatwist.jpg)

Evolved1

or maybe you *thought* you shot him in the head, but you were hitting the boal all along!

(whatatwist.jpg)

I'll bet my neogaf account I shot him in the head... someone posts video footage that you can't take out the gunner or driver with a headshot and I'll request the permaban.

I know what I shot.

recklessmind said:
I'll bet my neogaf account I shot him in the head... someone posts video footage that you can't take out the gunner or driver with a headshot and I'll request the permaban.

I know what I shot.
i was only half serious, i need to test it out myself. it would explain some things though...

Evolved1

i was only half serious, i need to test it out myself. it would explain some things though...

Haha that wasn't aimed at you... I was just sayin.

Edit: Yesterday I took down the PBR (alone I was the only one on the coast) with two shots from my M40 and I'm just reluctant to give up what I thought were two amazing sniper shots on a moving target.

recklessmind said:
Haha that was aimed at you... I was just sayin.
plus, they aren't saying that you can't shoot the people in the boat. i've gotten direct headshots before. they're just saying there's an additional component to how people can get killed on the boat. i'm still not sure i believe it!

todahawk

recklessmind said:

I know what I shot.

Boy, reckless goes straight past ban bet to account bet. :lol

BTW, I'd kill for a theatre mode in bc2/bcv like black ops... not that i've played recently, i'll probably sell that damn thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ban/account bets are not allowed anymore.

abuC

greenjerk said:
Boy, reckless goes straight past ban bet to account bet. :lol

BTW, I'd kill for a theatre mode in bc2/bcv like black ops... not that i've played recently, i'll probably sell that damn thing.

This series has some of the most amazing moments in gaming not having a theater mode is criminal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
abuC said:
This series has some of the most amazing moments in gaming not having a theater mode is criminal.

Not having screen shots despite the fact BC1 does is more criminal. It's fucking there, but you can't see the photos you take. And given the BC1 photos are straight screen dumps saved to their servers, I really wonder HOW HARD screen dumping to the XMB while the game continues to play would be.

TheSeks

You can lower the music volume and just have the sound effects/tanks and explosions wash over you if the music is getting that annoying, can't you?

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
betweenthewheels said:
I love Creedence, but this game is gonna kill Fortunate Son for me once and for all...I almost wish they kept it out

This. The worst mistake they made in this game is making the main menu loop ONE song. Waiting for your squad to assemble in the lobby is quickly becoming a sanity endurance test.

arab

i've found great joy in playing shotgun engineer with extra rockets and explosions mk II. oh goodness, this game is so fun!

TheSeks said:
Not having screen shots despite the fact BC1 does is more criminal. It's fucking there, but you can't see the photos you take. And given the BC1 photos are straight screen dumps saved to their servers, I really wonder HOW HARD screen dumping to the XMB while the game continues to play would be.
it wouldn't be hard at all, it's in the SDK. hell, the game has custom soundtrack support... IN THE MENUS!!!

Deadly said:
Does this work for everyone? I think I'm getting redirected to the US site

Also question: Do the Vietnamese actually yell shit in Vietnamese in the game?
Yeah they do.

My brother was having a riot hearing it.

MrCompletely said:

this song
is only one of the most popular classic rock songs and probably the one piece of pop culture that's most closely associated with the Vietnam War and maybe even the civil rights movement.
This is true, though arguable (maybe For What It's Worth or Eve of Destruction?). It's also an anti-war tune, and I find it slightly odd that it's the "theme song" for a wargame.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh man, I just had one of my best games since I've been back. I was playing with randoms on Hill 137 and we were having some back and forth on B and C. I went assault with extra grenades so when they were hiding out in C I just let them have an ass load of grenade/grenade launcher spam until they were all cleared out.

We eventually drove them back and had A captured, but they were pushing still and were hard core going after A. I snuck up on two dudes shooting at my team mates, knifed them both, then hid out in the rocks and proceeded to rape the entire team. They were all focusing on my team mates who were behind A, next to the tunnel, and I was just picking them off from behind. Got myself a nemesis pin, came in top on the team, and got my M16A1 gold star :D

Went 21 - 5 that round which felt awesome.

TheSeks

oh, are those metal barriers supposed to stop me from getting the tank to the top of Hill 137? haha whoops.

How did you do that? I was attempting to do that on the round we lost when I rammed the tank into the foxhole. :lol

TheSeks said:
How did you do that? I was attempting to do that on the round we lost when I rammed the tank into the foxhole. :lol
i went around the left side of the tree on the left (out of bounds for like 6 seconds) then up the hill behind the 2nd house (out of bounds for like 6 seconds again) and i was right behind B. it was so awesome!

AcridMeat said:
Is that song new to you 1stStrike? Out of curiosity.

edit: I just ask because this game might have been in my top 10 if it had this song.
Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
bird_dancekc12.gif

TheSeks

i went around the left side of the tree on the left (out of bounds for like 6 seconds) then up the hill behind the 2nd house (out of bounds for like 6 seconds again) and i was right behind B. it was so awesome!

Interesting. Need to attempt that once.

Coldsnap

I've always been confused about the properties of the Assaults grenade launcher. In Vietnam does it have the same explosion radius and damage as a thrown grenade?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
yes, the expansion is definitely more slow-paced and tactical than vanilla. Not sure if like. If you're going tactical route redesign maps from corridors into something else please.

TheSeks

Coldsnap said:
I've always been confused about the properties of the Assaults grenade launcher. In Vietnam does it have the same explosion radius and damage as a thrown grenade?

No? Slightly less since it was abused in BC2. The grenade launcher/blooper here functions the same as the attached launcher on the BC2 guns.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Vietnam is a much better game than BC2, they just forgot how to make good maps for it.

argh...Red Dead Double XP weeks.......play that till I hit level 50
or
play more BFBC2 Vanilla/Vietnam with PS3 GAF Squad.

decisions decisions

Damn me for being a trophy whore...

1stStrike

Banned
I honestly don't really have an issue with any map outside of vantage point rush. Vantage Point conquest is pretty fun IMO, and the rest work quite well. I do think these maps work better for conquest then rush, though.

Evolved1

*sips coffee*

*Grabs AK47*

Time to ruin xmas for some BC2 noobs. :D

edit: Imo Hill 137 makes up for every bad map they've ever made or will ever make in the future. I could play it all day long.

If I could get Hill 137 and End of the Line in the same game I might never leave the house agin.

Top Bottom