• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

KiKaL

Wow...just played a game where a guy went 104-0 with a Huey. I think they had two engineers on board. We couldn't do anything to stop him. It looked like he got kicked maybe banned afterwards since it looked like he was hacking with a score like that. (I don't think he was)

So the stats thing is happening to others too :p previously i didn't get any of my kills registered and now all my stats are wiped to zero...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Your stats aren't wiped. They're just being server panicked. They come and go. Don't worry about it.

42/50 Huey kills. >_< 8 more. >_< >_< >_<

TheSeks

Weenerz said:
Expansion worth the $15? I have been on a steam buying spree and wouldn't mind supporting Dice.

It's mixed.

I'd say, yes, it's worth the money for the weapons.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Just got the Tank achievement. Sitting in the machine gun on the edge of the map Phu Bai Conquest = OP. You can down every chopper in seconds, and just randomly fire into villages and nail kids :lol

After spending a good amount of time with the game on 360, I'd have to rank the maps as following:

1. Phu Bai Conquest
2. Hill 137 Rush
3. Temple Rush
4. Phu Bai Rush
5. Temple Conquest
6. Vantage Point Conquest
7. Hill 137 Conquest
137. Vantage Point Rush

Can't wait for Hastings!

Kade

Xbox360
33 941 622
PS3
25 433 992
PC
66 406 682

Tomorrow, we'll find out if the map was worth it or not. Regardless, you should be spotting, repairing, reviving, etc. anyways!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
12:25 AM here... time for some Vietnam.

TheSeks

Well, gee. Guess that's the end for you three.

Good games, Crack, Fersis, Memory. I suck with the M21. I fucking swear. Crack does a much better job sniping than I ever will. >_<

46/50 Huey kills. 4 more. >_< NEARLY THERE. >_< Just need a good pilot/idiot enemy team to get those. UGH.

Yeah when I joined it looked dire. I can't believe we won there. Man that angel guy kept running into me on the perfect time with his spray and pray.

TheSeks

You guys joined right after I owned a pilot on B in Phu Bu/rice paddy map in the head TWO TIMES while he was trying to lift off with the helicopter at B. Cue the helicopter thudding to the ground, I quickly repair after my uzing him in the face and fly it off. TWICE.

Hilarious to see.

dkeane

Played a rush game on the Temple level and the attacking team had a PBR under the map killing us. anyone see this before? Really strange. Couldn't do anything about it so I quit out.

1stStrike

Banned
dkeane: heard about that glitch

And, yay for PS3 taking its fucking time on team actions. Based on the people I've played with I can see why we're lagging behind so badly.

Also, god damn it PC, you guys are almost there :(

glaurung

Finally got around to play Vietnam last night. I bought it hours after it was released on PSN, but the holidays kept me from playing it until now.

And frankly, it was a very poor start. The squads and teams that I was matched up with during my first few fights were so abysmally poor that it was just sad. The opposition had some rank ~50 dudes who relentlessly destroyed us over and over. I did not even have a chance to learn the maps.

But then I decided to hit a few maps of vanilla multiplayer and the experience was the complete opposite: well-functioning tight squads with proper communication, decent knowledge of the maps and of course I racked up the most points since I was the only proper medic on the teams plus I pulled some heroics.

I will try to give Vietnam another go in the new year, but right now it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
glaurung said:
Finally got around to play Vietnam last night. I bought it hours after it was released on PSN, but the holidays kept me from playing it until now.

And frankly, it was a very poor start. The squads and teams that I was matched up with during my first few fights were so abysmally poor that it was just sad. The opposition had some rank ~50 dudes who relentlessly destroyed us over and over. I did not even have a chance to learn the maps.

But then I decided to hit a few maps of vanilla multiplayer and the experience was the complete opposite: well-functioning tight squads with proper communication, decent knowledge of the maps and of course I racked up the most points since I was the only proper medic on the teams plus I pulled some heroics.

I will try to give Vietnam another go in the new year, but right now it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

What does the fact that your team sucked has to do with the expansion??

glaurung

subversus said:
What does the fact that your team sucked has to do with the expansion??
Nothing. I was just describing my first experience with the new DLC.

I am still amazed how much better the game looks now compared to what it did on day one. They have really patched the s*** out of that engine.

TheSeks

Good job, PC players.

It seems PS3 will get it in... five years... at the rate the community of fucktards are going. >:|

Hastings is soooooooooooo much better than the other four. It's like playing a different game - a Battlefield game. If only there were 2 or 3 more maps like this.

TheSeks

Good to hear. Vehicles + Chopper on another map that isn't Phu Bai?

Edit: 47/50 Huey kills. 3 more. >_< >_< >_<

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played with some boneheads last night damn... but then gaf was on later. Was kind of out it though, by that time, sorry guys!

Had an infuriating game tonight where my whole squad kept getting slaughtered every 2 minutes by a Patrol Boat on Cao Sun Temple. Couldn't work out where it was shooting from for agers but noticed the death cam was showing up all glitchy and couldn't actually see the boat at all.

Turns out that these two arseholes had somehow managed to drive the boats underneath the stage and were shooting up through the bottom of the ground to kill people. Haven't had to "rate/report" people for agers but felt obliged to (360 version!)

BTW do you need to get a road kill with that 3 wheeled "car" to get the achievement for a kill in each Vietnam vehicle achievement? It's going to be a pain if so!

Fitz

Confidence Man said:
Hastings is soooooooooooo much better than the other four. It's like playing a different game - a Battlefield game. If only there were 2 or 3 more maps like this.

Totally agreed, ideally I'd like it to be a it bigger and have some more substantial cover, but it's a vast improvement over the other Conquest maps. Lots of room to manoeuvre and plenty of light vehicles to get around in.

TheSeks

Red Dolphin said:
BTW do you need to get a road kill with that 3 wheeled "car" to get the achievement for a kill in each Vietnam vehicle achievement? It's going to be a pain if so!

I'm not sure if it glitched on me, but I didn't need to.

Two Jeeps.
Two Tanks.
Huey.

All I needed. In the worst possible scenario, do Conquest Phu Bai. Drive the Tuk-Tuk out to the edge of the map/out of bounds and be a sniper. Get in the back and hopefully no one notices your Tuk-Tuk/you and blows you up before you head shot someone for a kill.

Pennybags

Red Dolphin said:

Don't think so. I'm pretty sure I don't even have any roadkills in 'Nam except for in either tank.

Just watched the Battle for Hastings video.. damn that looks sweet.

X360: 36 347 223 TEAM ACTIONS SO FAR

PS3: 27 418 364 TEAM ACTIONS SO FAR

Red Dolphin said:
no, you can shoot people from one of the passenger seats.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
sw33tclyde said:
Just watched the Battle for Hastings video.. damn that looks sweet.

X360: 36 347 223 TEAM ACTIONS SO FAR

PS3: 27 418 364 TEAM ACTIONS SO FAR

No reason it should be taking this long... especially since they included spotting as a team action. If people would just spot more.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
No reason it should be taking this long... especially since they included spotting as a team action. If people would just spot more.
Ive played two matches were no one was giving ammo.
Playing with randoms is the worst thing ever.

recklessmind said:
Of course it's going to take this long when half the people playing are snipers who don't spot or add any team actions whatsoever. Also, spotting is never even explained in this game, so to expect Joe Console to press the back button every time he sees an enemy, just isn't going to happen. We just have to suck it up and play twice as hard and spot twice as much.

todahawk

recklessmind said:

I've been neglecting by bc2/bcv duties. hope to be on tonight.

Top Bottom