• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Jinaar

He had me on the ropes a few times, but managed to win the battles when I could :) Him and LollipOp were together and bringing down some good rushes on us. I'll give them the props they deserve! It was Po1ish that was making a mockery of our team, he was on fire for the Defenders.

Facism

rage kicked from a server again.

Second time i've sniped the gunner out of the jeep with a tank shell without actually damaging the jeep. Second time it was an admin who raged into his chocolate milk and this time it was a 24 hour ban lol.

I never behaved like this on any server where i've had a priviledged position of admin :lol

Deadly

shagg_187 said:
WTF? DEAL IS DEAD? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WARN ME? :'(
I did it around 1am and it still worked.

Gotta say Vietnam is very enjoyable. Being Vietnamese kinda makes it cooler since I actually understand what the NVA actually say too :lol. The choppers being so weak is odd though.. I'm shooting with a uzi and it actually does damage? Weird.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Meh. They're going to change the Huey's health due to bitching. At least I can say "I HAD THE SKILL TO GET 50 KILLS WITH THE HUEY PRE-BUFF, GET SOME SKILL NEWBIES."

Hopefully they're patching the PBR glitch as well, I ain't playing Vietnam on anything but Vantage Point until they fix that bullshit.

TheSeks said:
Meh. They're going to change the Huey's health due to bitching. At least I can say "I HAD THE SKILL TO GET 50 KILLS WITH THE HUEY PRE-BUFF, GET SOME SKILL NEWBIES."

Hopefully they're patching the PBR glitch as well, I ain't playing Vietnam on anything but Vantage Point until they fix that bullshit.

I knew it, DICE always dropping their pants to please chopper whores..."BUAH BUAH! we can't circle strafe rape in Vietnam, fix it DICE!!!"

TheSeks

Relaxed Muscle said:
I knew it, DICE always dropping their pants to please chopper whores..."BUAH BUAH! we can't circle strafe rape in Vietnam, fix it DICE!!!"

They haven't said how far they're buffing it. But it's going to be "beyond 10 seconds before people shoot it down from take off." :lol

I just hope it isn't as fucking annoying as it is when I'm the only one shooting at it with an Uzi. :|

Nabs

shagg_187 said:
2 coupon codes expired, and EA pulled out the "$10 off PC games" from reward section... :(

I check this thread every other day for news about deal/sale and whenever I show up, I am late! :(
ah that sucks. i gave away my code last night

TheSeks said:
They haven't said how far they're buffing it. But it's going to be "beyond 10 seconds before people shoot it down from take off." :lol

I just hope it isn't as fucking annoying as it is when I'm the only one shooting at it with an Uzi. :|

I think choppers needs more health or weapons doing less damage, but I don't have faith in DICE about discovering the equilibrium point between being able to stay in the air more than 10 second and anal circle strafe raping.

The Huey needs the buff for sure. On the Conquest maps (Phu Bai and Hastings) the Huey is a fucking joke as well. It's so easy to shoot down with a tank, you don't even need to try. Last night I was flying like a drunk madman, fast as I could all over the place just to see if they could hit me. So crazy I couldn't get any kills. I lasted about 25 seconds before a tank shell nailed me. It's a joke man. The only thing it's good for on Conquest is to base rape once they don't have a chance to get into their tanks or they've lost their tanks.

Fix this shit DICE. It's too easy with a mouse and the hit box the size of a bus. Slow down the shells or something.

TheSeks

I <3 Memes said:
I just bought BC2 on PC and gave the multi a try and liked it a lot. Are there still people playing vanilla?

Yeah? But for PCGAF you need to get in touch with them on Steam.

TheSeks said:

yeah, they need to fix that glitch. on one game earlier today, half our team on Hill 137 attack was just sitting back in the spawn trying to do the boat glitch while the rest of us attacked... finally, when we had 2 tickets left... THEY GOT IT OMG!!!

and they they TAKE OFF GOING AROUND THE MOUNTAIN!!!

what.
the.
fuck?

also, got my 50 Huey kills baby!
one more for the good guys!

and damn, i can't stand grinding the semi-auto snipre rifles. i'm getting outgunned by dudes with a PPSh!

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
and damn, i can't stand grinding the semi-auto snipre rifles. i'm getting outgunned by dudes with a PPSh!

Yeah, the M21 fucking sucks.

I like the SVD. But it seems the M40/Bolt Action is the best in terms of power per shot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

They are the worst!

The M21 makes me want to stab myself. Takes at least three hits to kill and it has some mean recoil.

I think maybe the worst recoil of any rifle despite being a weak piece of shit. DICE is trolling us with that fucking thing. :lol

Evolved1

Mr Sandman said:
The M21 doesn't have much recoil on the PC version. o_O I love it.

Often, in my limited and painful experience, you need to hit a guy three times, even with mag ammo and the thing jumps all around down the sights. Just... I don't know dude more power to you. If you can be consistent with that I don't know what to say. Maybe it's the kb&m?

That thing is a displeasure to use. Gonna take me longer to get 50 kills with it than it's taking me to get lvl 50 in the game. :lol

TheSeks

M21 doesn't have recoil. It's it's shitty bullet power that's the problem. 5 shots for a sniper rifle distance target. Maybe it's meant to be played like the VSS/up-close, but I don't play that. Shitty gun. :/

1stStrike

Banned
Jesus christ, the XM22 is death incarnate. I swapped to medic earlier to help my team out and I ended up going 27 12 with the XM22. Groups of enemies were dropping before my wrath. It was pretty crazy. We were on vantage point and I kept destroying the entire enemy team, and we ended up pushing them all the way back to the last set of mcom's and destroying them.

Just confirms the fact that medics shouldn't have guns like that. I ended up spending more time killing people then reviving/healing.

TheSeks said:
M21 doesn't have recoil. It's it's shitty bullet power that's the problem. 5 shots for a sniper rifle distance target. Maybe it's meant to be played like the VSS/up-close, but I don't play that. Shitty gun. :/

M21 is not a good sniper gun, not a good mid-range gun and defnietly not a good close-quarter gun, basically it's outclassed by any other speicific gun.

Mr Sandman said:
The Huey needs the buff for sure. On the Conquest maps (Phu Bai and Hastings) the Huey is a fucking joke as well. It's so easy to shoot down with a tank, you don't even need to try. Last night I was flying like a drunk madman, fast as I could all over the place just to see if they could hit me. So crazy I couldn't get any kills. I lasted about 25 seconds before a tank shell nailed me. It's a joke man. The only thing it's good for on Conquest is to base rape once they don't have a chance to get into their tanks or they've lost their tanks.

Fix this shit DICE. It's too easy with a mouse and the hit box the size of a bus. Slow down the shells or something.
Agreed: thing is swiss cheese in a matter of seconds thanks to the abundance of mounted MG's on maps and the tank shells are pretty much unavoidable.
I've almost given up on the huey because I'm sick of having to repair after every single pass of an area/target. :S

Good fun being on the opposite side of the battle though, got 8 choppers in a single round yesterday. :D

dralla

TheSeks said:

all of the semi-auto rifles are mid range rifles. I <3 the SVU in Vanilla. The M21 is decent, the SVD is kinda crappy. you need to use magnum ammo when you use them though. you also can't shoot them fast, you need to slightly pause between each shot,

abuC

1stStrike said:
Jesus christ, the XM22 is death incarnate. I swapped to medic earlier to help my team out and I ended up going 27 12 with the XM22. Groups of enemies were dropping before my wrath. It was pretty crazy. We were on vantage point and I kept destroying the entire enemy team, and we ended up pushing them all the way back to the last set of mcom's and destroying them.

Just confirms the fact that medics shouldn't have guns like that. I ended up spending more time killing people then reviving/healing.

Chuch!

I prefer the Xm22 to the M60, the 200 round clip is what does it for me. You can just hold the trigger for 10 seconds if people are trying to disarm the crate, and they will all fall.

TheSeks said:
Three with mag, two in the head.

It's decent far away, awesome mid range, and crappy up close. Point blank if you can crouch and spam hip fire it's not too bad.

Also, it's by far the best anti-Huey weapon (as far as small arms). Seriously! Not only do I kill a shit load of passengers, it rips it up quick.

dralla said:
all of the semi-auto rifles are mid range rifles. I <3 the SVU in Vanilla. The M21 is decent, the SVD is kinda crappy. you need to use magnum ammo when you use them though. you also can't shoot them fast, you need to slightly pause between each shot,
the problem is they get beat at mid range by assault rifles, lmgs, smg's, the m1911, the tt33, etc...

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

VSS is automatic and you can hold the trigger down in CQB for easy, easy kills. M21 is a semi-auto piece of shit that bounces all over the fucking place when you try to fire a burst down the sights. Recoil isn't as noticeable w/ hip fire, but it's pretty bad through the scope. By the third quick shot you can't even see what you're targeting... you have to let it settle between shots or it gets too squirrely.

I've only used it a few times, but that was my impression of the thing...

TheSeks said:
Meh. They're going to change the Huey's health due to bitching...

I wouldn't mind them keeping it as-is as long as they make it easier for an engineer to repair it from inside while airborne.

...and damn, i can't stand grinding the semi-auto snipre rifles. i'm getting outgunned by dudes with a PPSh!

"Oh, hey! An Engineer killed me with the fucking PPSH again. What a surprise. Was not expecting that at all.

OMG PPSH AGAIN!!! Fuck this, sorry guys, I'm done."

TheSeks said:
Yeah, the M21 fucking sucks.

I like the SVD. But it seems the M40/Bolt Action is the best in terms of power per shot.

I've found the M21 to be fine as long as you don't equip the 12x scope. The field of view is way too damn narrow and makes the recoil much, much worse. Plus, I like the crosshair design.

1stStrike said:
Jesus christ, the XM22 is death incarnate.

So far, this gun is the only one in Vietnam that has iron sights that I hate. At close range it's fine and from the hip isn't an issue obviously but at medium to long range I'm completely lost as to where to aim the damn thing. The range I'm talking about is where enemies are at the size that they become obscured by the iron sights, which with the XM22's thick-ass sights isn't very far at all. You know you have a problem when you have to calibrate the gun by shooting at a wall and observing where the bullet hole is in relation to the sights and in the heat of a fire fight all that goes out the window. Plus I don't like that spring-thing. It's distracting and not symmetrical :p

Evolved1

bean breath said:
So far, this gun is the only one in Vietnam that has iron sights that I hate. At close range it's fine and from the hip isn't an issue obviously but at medium to long range I'm completely lost as to where to aim the damn thing. The range I'm talking about is where enemies are at the size that they become obscured by the iron sights, which with the XM22's thick-ass sights isn't very far at all. You know you have a problem when you have to calibrate the gun by shooting at a wall and observing where the bullet hole is in relation to the sights and in the heat of a fire fight all that goes out the window. Plus I don't like that spring-thing. It's distracting and not symmetrical :p

Then again it has 200 rounds and generally leaves a trail of defeated, bloody bodies in its wake...

bean breath said:
I wouldn't mind them keeping it as-is as long as they make it easier for an engineer to repair it from inside while airborne.

That, I think, sounds like a great compromise. Encourages teamwork, gives the Huey a bit more breathing room. Keeps another player off the ground and off the gun. Good idea, imo.

dralla

the problem is they get beat at mid range by assault rifles, lmgs, smg's, the m1911, the tt33, etc...
generally I try and play Recon stealthily, avoiding face to face firefights. it works better in vanilla because of motion sensor and silencer, in Nam it's more about staying hidden in foilage

1stStrike

Banned
bean breath said:

You just have to ignore everything else and focus on the tip of the sight. What I do is just spot them and them aim the tip of the sight at the orange arrow and just tap it. I've not had any issues picking people off from pretty far away.

That being said, light machine guns really are meant for cover fire and for short to mid-range, so don't expect to snipe with the thing. I've gotten most of my kills from coming around a corner and just mowing down a group of people before they realize what hit them.

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
Three with mag, two in the head.

Bullshit. I run Magnum Ammo on that shitty gun and it takes FIVE to kill someone. Fuck that gun, it's shit.

TheSeks said:
Bullshit. I run Magnum Ammo on that shitty gun and it takes FIVE to kill someone. Fuck that gun, it's shit.
Maybe lag or something but it shouldn't take more than 3 unless they have body armor.

dralla

TheSeks said:
how far away are you? it's a mid-range battle rifle. the M40 is the long distance rifle.

3 bullets to the chest drops them

TheSeks

"[HAX]The-Pro-PBR-Ho" and "[HAX]The-Pro-BOAT-Ho" need to both GTFO out and be called the "the-lame-glitch-using-because-we-have-no-pro-skill-hos"

Fucking hell DICE. Fix this shit, I odn't give a fuck if it's the holidays. :|

how far away are you? it's a mid-range battle rifle. the M40 is the long distance rifle.

That explains why it sucks shit, then. Because I play SNIPER Recon. Not ASSAULT Recon. And it's a pain in the ass to get kills with it at sniper range.

Edit: And just as I post that, two kills later I get M21 Gold Star 1.

Fuck that shitty gun. *retires it and never looks back*

Leaves the SVD Dragonov which should be a sniper rifle at long range with semi-auto fire that'll be fun to use.

Jas

TheSeks said:
"[HAX]The-Pro-PBR-Ho" and "[HAX]The-Pro-BOAT-Ho" need to both GTFO out and be called the "the-lame-glitch-using-because-we-have-no-pro-skill-hos"

+1

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

I imagine a couple awkward, sexually frustrated retards just laughing it up... herp dee derp.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Im done with Nam until they fix the glitch, no point in playing something so broken.

I'm playing Vantage Point for sniper kills, that's all. The other three maps have a PBR that can be glitched because of the stupid AT mines suicide method.

This is one of those times where a "call vote" or server admin is NEEDED on consoles. GLORIOUS MASTER RACE had it fucking right in 1990. WHY THE FUCK IS THE CONSOLES STUCK IN SHITTY MATCHMAKING? >:|

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I'm playing Vantage Point for sniper kills, that's all. The other three maps have a PBR that can be glitched because of the stupid AT mines suicide method.

This is one of those times where a "call vote" or server admin is NEEDED on consoles. GLORIOUS MASTER RACE had it fucking right in 1990. WHY THE FUCK IS THE CONSOLES STUCK IN SHITTY MATCHMAKING? >:|

Vote to kick can be really abused... people are massive fucking douchebags already without giving them any more power. Look at the little retards like the PBR cunts, no sense of gamesmanship... will exploit anything they can.

Getting kicked from servers because it has a squad of little fucks like that who can't accept that you're better than them, or that you got to the chopper first... no thanks.

Online gaming can be really frustrating and hard to get into for people new to a game w/o having to deal with assholes kicking them from every match.

I like options as much as the next guy, but there are pro/cons with any of it.

They just need to fix the glitch.

dralla

TheSeks said:

That explains why it sucks shit, then. Because I play SNIPER Recon. Not ASSAULT Recon. And it's a pain in the ass to get kills with it at sniper range.

Edit: And just as I post that, two kills later I get M21 Gold Star 1.

Fuck that shitty gun. *retires it and never looks back*

Leaves the SVD Dragonov which should be a sniper rifle at long range with semi-auto fire that'll be fun to use.
SVD is just like the M21. M40 is the only traditional sniper.

TheSeks

dralla said:
SVD is just like the M21. M40 is the only traditional sniper.

Weirdly, the SVD is better than the M21 as a sniper rifle. 2 shots at sniper range = downed dude.

Verrrry niiiiiice. Or maybe it's because I've used and abused the SVD in MGS3 and other games that featured it. :lol

I use the M40 upclose and long range. It's real deadly, but if you miss you're pretty much dead.

I hate that boat shit as well. Only cowards (Aoc clan) use that glitch. If I see it being used I'm out of that match as soon as possible. Reward those cowards with an empty server.

Top Bottom