• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Message board hyperbole 101

Sort of but not really. The entire console industry definitely is though. Aside from projects that Nintendo is actively courting there are no major external projects in the pipeline. All major console developers and publishers are focused exclusively on the PS4 and the Bone

jblank83

All major console developers and publishers are focused exclusively on the PS4 and the Bone

Japanese support is anemic, as Japanese developers continue to try and mine mobile. PC continues to garner numerous of its own products, as well.

Intimating the entire video game industry is focused on PS4 and Xbox 1 is false. Limiting the subset to "major console developers" is closer to true. However it still doesn't accurately reflect the weak libraries of the consoles, which won't be fully resolved until late 2015.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Excuse me, just taking some words out of my mouth. Don't know how it ended up in there. No one said anything of the sort. I was just wondering what their marketing strategy is. If Call of Duty Ghost can still get great profits for what some people say isn't the best in the franchise by far, Nintendo can do a lot for a franchise that can only go up from it being "low selling". It's holiday season in a little more than a month, lets see what Nintendo can do. It's sitting on a shit ton of cash, make a perfect game (considered by a majority of mainstream reviewers) more than just a gem a few only get to play.

The straw that broke the piggy back

Well, what exactly do you mean by 'wasted'? If this were a multi million selling franchise going to the Wii u then I could see your point but it's not. So, once again what do you mean by 'wasted'?

KooopaKid

Banned
Intimating the entire video game industry is focused on PS4 and Xbox 1 is false. Limiting the subset to "major console developers" is closer to true. However it still doesn't accurately reflect the weak libraries of the consoles, which won't be fully resolved until late 2015.

Of course I meant studios developing for home consoles.

Anyone claiming to be concerned about Bayonetta 2s inevitable low sales, let me put it this way;

Bayonetta 2 is going to outsell:
- Starwars 1313
- Starcraft: Ghost
- Shenmue 3
- Eight Days
- BC
- TimeSplitters 4
- Earthbound 64

Anyone claiming to be concerned about Bayonetta 2s inevitable low sales, let me put it this way;

- Starwars 1313
- Shenmue 3
- Eight Days
- BC
- TimeSplitters 4
- Earthbound 64

Its gonna totally shit on Viewtiful Joe 3 and Half-Life 3 sales!

*tears*

Intimating the entire video game industry is focused on PS4 and Xbox 1 is false. Limiting the subset to "major console developers" is closer to true. However it still doesn't accurately reflect the weak libraries of the consoles, which won't be fully resolved ever?

Fixed, possibly.

The big developers are obsessed with mobile...wrongly so IMO (for the long term). But hopefully this is where Indies on consoles pick up and become huge suddenly.

- Starwars 1313
- Shenmue 3
- Eight Days
- BC
- TimeSplitters 4
- Earthbound 64

It's also going to outsell Bayonetta 2 for the PS3, X360, PS4, and XBO combined.

Servbot24

Banned
Was still wondering mods, is port begging still a bannable offense?

I was so sad to see it go away from PS, but I'm glad it's getting the reviews it has. It's really a good game. I can only hope it moves WiiUs. Nintendo, be smart and make it a holiday bundle. Expand the player base. If you muck up this exclusive, I shall weep on a waste of a good game.

The fans of the franchise are the ones mucking it up by not buying the console it lives on.

- Starwars 1313
- Shenmue 3
- Eight Days
- BC
- TimeSplitters 4
- Earthbound 64

I know you missed ZOE3 for good reason. That's obviously going to be bigger than COD.

Sayter

I can't even think of any promising games coming out the rest of the year... LBP3 should be good I suppose, Dragon Age could be alright

The market hype monster games this year were all very mediocre.

Well, there's Smash. I'm not sure if you're refering to all games or just the ones coming out on non Nintendo devices.

Edit: Btw, love your avatar. WH40K forever. We need a Space Marine 2.

Well, what exactly do you mean by 'wasted'? If this were a multi million selling franchise going to the Wii u then I could see your point but it's not. So, once again what do you mean by 'wasted'?

I mean that Nintendo not trying their best to promote the game. In return it'll be a waste for nintendo since clearly lots of people consider this an awesome game. It would be in their best interest to make it a golden goose and the best way is to promote it like it is. If their marketing campaign is shitty, it just would be bad all around. I don't care if the WiiUs that are available now are low, if you make good games, you can sell the console to more people (i.e. Halo to Xbox or FF 7-9 for the PS1). Make a good case for your exclusives to be system sellers.

Who's hating?

It's a Bayo 2 thread, don't tell me there haven't been haters! Those salt mines can't be tapped out yet.

Assuming Smash Wii U is slightly better than 3DS then it will definitely be a strong candidate imo.

Ah, I meant that in response to the comment about the 3DS having a weak year. I was also glad to finally get Layton vs Wright, but that has been out for a while everywhere else.

Fularu

Banned
I can't even think of any promising games coming out the rest of the year... LBP3 should be good I suppose, Dragon Age could be alright

The market hype monster games this year were all very mediocre.
Why would LBP3 be good when every single game in the franchise has been subpar at best?

What I saw this E3 showed that everything that was wrong with the franchise was still there in full force.

Servbot24

Banned
Why would LBP3 be good when every single game in the franchise has been subpar at best?

What I saw this E3 showed that everything that was wrong with the franchise was still there in full force.

They're better than Skyrim and GTAIV and look at the scores those got. :(

Edit: Btw, love your avatar. WH40K forever. We need a Space Marine 2.

Hmmm I don't think it's WH40K related, it's a painting by Carl Dobsky. Maybe they used it?

Seik

Banned
Did anyone made a custom case art for Bayo 1? North American version with ESRB and all that jazz?

I'd sure like the game to have it's own case, anyone made one with the right dimensions and everything? That would be perfect! :D

mrmickfran

Someone gave it a 60

Level (Czech Republic)

Over the top yet unimaginative. At least the fights are dynamic and the game itself can be a breath of fresh air, considering what else is available on the Wii U. [Issue#245]

And this was right after all the 10s too :/

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Still wouldn't be true even with a 'but but but' as Shovel Knight 3DS is sitting at 92.

That said, my comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek. The best game of the year is whichever one you enjoyed most.

That's based on 6 critics. Sometime the near difference in the number of reviews and minute difference in scores is kind of important.

Though yeah obviously Metacritic in no way determines, the best, game of the year since it's all opinions anyway, and even as barometer it's kind of wonky, since it's based on what people are looking for..

SmokyDave

Shovel Knight 3DS is sitting at 92...with 6 reviews...6...
How is this going over your head?

Am I being too meta?

Dude said the Wii U had the best game this year. I jokingly pointed out that according to the metric this thread is revelling in, it doesn't. Simple as that. I don't really have any opinion on whether Shovel Knight is better or worse than Bayonetta (or any other game). It was just a jokey way of ribbing the dude for such a daft definitive statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom