• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmarc

Batfleck eh? That'll be the headlines

Well i wont say its a bad idea since i havent seen it yet

I liked daredevil anyways, as one of those guilty cheesy films

Him and kev smith fell out right

inm8num2

Ben-Affleck-hollywoodland.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Affleck's a good choice, IMO. He'll bring a different shade to Bruce Wayne.

Kevin Smith must be pretty jealous though at what he helped create.

- J - D -

I can't wait for his answers to the inevitable interview questions.

"So what's the difference between Daredevil and Batman?"

"How will your Batman be different from previous Batmen?"

"Will you direct a standalone Batman film? How about Justice League?"

In Defense of daredevil my brother said affleck could have done a good job. That it was shitty direction. And if there was a good director affleck would shine.

Then I pointed out affleck directed Argo and he sucked as an actor in it. LOL

Dysun

I actually liked Man of Steel, and now you give me this WB.
How to kill hype for the sequel in one move

fuck it, bring on Avengers 2

Xamdou

That Variety poll sums up how everyone feels:

Is Ben Affleck the right Batman?

No: 77.66% (14,440 votes)

Yes: 22.34% (4,155 votes)

The internet wins!

VARIA

OK, Ben has been in some more than a few good roles. As well as the two you mentioned he was good in Changing Lanes, State of Play, Shakespeare in Love, Gone Baby Gone, and quite a few more. I think he can more than handle Batman and am willing to give him a shot.

It's fun to watch the internets blow up at this choice. Good stuff.

Wasn't there a similar outburst/blow up when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

Affleck might surprise us.

But to be fair, the whole premise of Superman vs Batman is ridiculous to begin with.

Metalmarc

Cant wait for the south parks take on this does everyone Remember the mr and mrs buttface episode, where they were looking for their long lost buttface son, and it was ben affleck haha

image.jpg

Not crazy about the casting, but I am more worried with David Goyer ruining these movies than I am with Ben Affleck. I hope at least Ben's writing and directing abilities have some positive impact on these movies.

I really hope this deal includes Affleck having a producer role alongside Snyder and Goyer. I feel like he's the right guy to make the Batman side of the MoS universe believable - hopefully this is more than just a casting decision.

Raptor

And Rosie O'Donnell has never released any nudes. We can still imagine the horror of said nudes.

Like Ben Affleck saying I'm Batman. The horror.

What if his Batman rocks?

What if Rosie nudes are hot?

ahhahaha, No seriously he will be fine, we all know Henry is the star here, Ben will be like a good ol seasoned friend to Supes.

Wag

Wasn't there a similar outburst/blow up when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

Affleck might surprise us.

But to be fair, the whole premise of Superman vs Batman is ridiculous to begin with.
It's comics! It's supposed to be ridiculous! That's why it's so fun! (But I guess us nerds take our ridiculous fun so seriously)

ST8yueh.gif

Older Bruce with a beard. He must keep the beard.

add Cavill with a beard and the movie will jsut print money.

Crime fighter with very very expensive toys has a beard. Billionaire with a beard and reason for revenge...yea not easy to guess hehe

why do you assume that a man is out for revenge just because both have a beard. and by teh way the guy in the bat suit is always skulking around the shadows and never sticking around for long to get a good look at him.

The hell Im reading here??

hot garbage.

The real question is, how the FUCK did Christian Bale turn down 50 million dollars???

never offered.

They came back from Schumacher putting nips on Batman. They can find a way to come back from this. It'll take like 10 years, but they can do it!
Believe

and again, why post things like this? this thread is bringing out the crazy and (extremely) silly side tonight, not surprising in this place.

That Variety poll sums up how everyone feels:

Is Ben Affleck the right Batman?

No: 77.66% (14,440 votes)

Yes: 22.34% (4,155 votes)

The internet wins!

And yet they are still making the movie with him in it and they'll probably make a lot of money off of the people voting no.

Tedesco!

Is there a finished script? My concern isn't Affleck, it's that the movie is supposed to come out in just about 2 years. Has pre-production even started?

Lebron

What if his Batman rocks?

What if Rosie nudes are hot?

ahhahaha, No seriously he will be fine, we all know Henry is the star here, Ben will be like a good ol seasoned friend to Supes.
If it's good, then I'll eat my crow.

Rosie is also probably like a Greek Goddess under the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom