• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Ben-Affleck-hollywoodland.jpg

People should actually watch Hollywoodland, which is more about Superman actor George Reeves than it is about Superman. Really great film.

Vibranium

Banned
As always, I'm heading in with an open mind. This casting is worth it though just to see the internet's reaction, it's hilarious reading. I'm actually confident he'll be able to pull it off pretty well though.

As someone said on IGN, I'm more concerned about Goyer writing more plot holes than Affleck.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
People should actually watch Hollywoodland, which is more about Superman actor George Reeves than it is about Superman. Really great film.

Oh I agree with you on that and know. It's just he looks stupid in that pic since I'm picturing him as Batman with that smirk.

You know what, this could be good. Affleck is capable of being a good actor. A lot lies in how the character will be written and directed, but I think Affleck can pull it off.

After seeing Ledger as Joker, Hathaway as Catwoman, and Hardy as Bane, I'm not gonna make up my mind until I watch the movie. Man of Steel was excellently cast (some had gripes with the writing and direction, but I think all the actors were fantastic and well-chosen in the flick), so I think Affleck can pull it off.

I think he can pull off Bruce Wayne pretty well.

1356083111298.cached.jpg

Just bring Jonah Nolan back to tighten up Goyer's script and write better lines. Man of Steel had almost zero quotable lines which was SO GODDAMN DISAPPOINTING. We need memorable lines, man. I still quote the TDK movies to this day.

BRING BACK JONAH.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ben Affleck had a bad couple of years, but these are not the bad Ben Affleck years.

3N16MA

Banned
You know what, this could be good. Affleck is capable of being a good actor. A lot lies in how the character will be written and directed, but I think Affleck can pull it off.

After seeing Ledger as Joker, Hathaway as Catwoman, and Hardy as Bane, I'm not gonna make up my mind until I watch the movie. Man of Steel was excellently cast (some had gripes with the writing and direction, but I think all the actors were fantastic and well-chosen in the flick), so I think Affleck can pull it off.

I think he can pull off Bruce Wayne pretty well.

1356083111298.cached.jpg

Just bring Jonah Nolan back to tighten up Goyer's script and write better lines. Man of Steel had almost zero quotable lines which was SO GODDAMN DISAPPOINTING. We need memorable lines, man. I still quote the TDK movies to this day.

BRING BACK JONAH.

I can't see him pulling this off as well as Bale.

Wag

The only problem I had with MoS was that the 2nd half of the movie was too frenetic, I had a hard time following what was going on. I know a lot of folks will probably disagree with me on this, but I'm really hoping with the inclusion of a seasoned actor the next flick tones it down a bit.

I can't see him pulling this off as well as Bale.

Maybe not... but this is an older Wayne, perhaps we're getting Bruce Wayne the Philanthropist, and not Bruce Wayne, the Partyboy?

In fact, since he is older, we're not getting rookie Wayne, but a darker, cynical Batman along with Bruce Wayne as Philanthropist trying to stop the city of Gotham from bleeding itself to death.

Drama!

The meltdown on my facebook is hilarious. People are getting emotional over this casting and I dunno why.

It's like with the Ninja Turtles movie. If it sucks, and if the new Superman/Batman movie sucks, it doesn't take away all the good stuff that you love.

Everything's gonna be all right y'all.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
He has the look.

Also who cares? Bale was kind of a crappy Batman

Apparently you don't need a good Batman to have a good Batman movie

3N16MA

Banned
Maybe not... but this is an older Wayne, perhaps we're getting Bruce Wayne the Philanthropist, and not Bruce Wayne, the Partyboy?

In fact, since he is older, we're not getting rookie Wayne, but a darker, cynical Batman along with Bruce Wayne as Philanthropist trying to stop the city of Gotham from bleeding itself to death.

Drama!

True, I doubt he needs to go around building the playboy Bruce persona at that age.

Speevy

Banned
Why do people keep mentioning Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I told you he got crushed in the batdoor at the end of DKR. Perfect ending for his character too.

Thank you SO MUCH, WB. I'm so happy now that as long as Ben Affleck is Batman in Snyder's Batman and Superman, I no longer have to worry about good casting choices going to waste.

As an added bonus, I don't have to see this now because of Batman, as Batman will be nowhere to be seen.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He has the look.

Also who cares? Bale was kind of a crappy Batman

Apparently you don't need a good Batman to have a good Batman movie

This isn't a Batman movie though.... arghhh WB! He could be a shitty Batman stuck in what was supposed to be a real sequel to MOS. Supes fucked over some more.

I'm still taking a wait and see approach regarding Affleck.

Derwind

I don't see the big deal.

Two words.

Chinple.

Wait thats one word...

He's a Ballchinian from the planet Butt Chin.

Butt Chin... two words... there you go.

The Crimson Chin would be proud.

=D

Okay in all seriousness, he's not a bad choice.

Daft_Cat

Affleck should've directed it, and Snyder should've been demoted to playing Bats. Dude would be a perfect Bats. His voice is nasal as fuck.

Matrix

Affleck should've directed it, and Snyder should've been demoted to playing Bats. Dude would be a perfect Bats. His voice is nasal as fuck.

Only thing that comes out of Snyder's mouth is "awesome". Script would be even more paper thin.

This isn't a Batman movie though.... arghhh WB! He could be a shitty Batman stuck in what was supposed to be a real sequel to MOS. Supes fucked over some more.

I'm still taking a wait and see approach regarding Affleck.

Well... it's Superman vs. Batman, not Man of Steel 2. You could console yourself with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom