• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I don't see what's wrong with this especially if they get him to direct JL out of this.

Well, it's wrong because Affleck's trash as an actor. I don't know where all this dickriding is coming from for what, two good flicks in Argo & The Town, but dude's been hot garbage all his career. I mean, a "layered potrayal"? A "seasoned crimefighter" who bears the scars of his battles?? Guess they shouldn't have gotten this softass chump to play the role then.

Brolin would have killed it. Affleck already has.

BSUZndzCEAAKiHv.png

Lebron

was that really bale's fault, though? nolan's job as a director is to tell bale that he should do something different with his voice which, of course, was grating. besides, didn't they digitally alter his voice in post?

Who knows. He was perfect in Begins. Then they went full retard for the sequels. Whoever made the call on that one needs to be slapped.

i have no idea why some of you are so upset. the film will at its best turn out to be just as average as man of steel, whether they would've gone with affleck or not. listen to zack snyder during interviews. this motherfucker says "like" and "awesome" at least once in every sentence. he is the very definition of a dudebro. i bet he was impressed by cod's fish a.i.

the last time he made a great film was almost ten years ago.

batman is dead.
superman is dead.

sell your toys and comics, it's all over.

Batman had two billion dollar movies after Batman and Robin. Nothing's killing Batman. Fucking Darkseid didn't kill Batman.

Sell your computer and laptop.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'll hold of judgement till I see more. There have been plenty of roles over the years that I thought "they have got to be shitting me" when they announced who was playing him/her, and often enough I am proven wrong.

Xamdou

Seriously? Ben Affleck? Looks like the end of the Batman franchise. That new Batman/Superman movie is doomed to fail too.

Lebron

Seriously? Ben Affleck? Looks like the end of the Batman franchise. That new Batman/Superman movie is doomed to fail too.
They came back from Schumacher putting nips on Batman. They can find a way to come back from this. It'll take like 10 years, but they can do it!

Believe

jackdoe

I'm actually interested to see this happen. And I'm actually curious if he will join Goyer and Snyder in writing the story or screenplay.

I hate superman. He's so boring. Never saw mos. Have no desire to see the sequel now.

My brother is a HUGE superman fan and he was so excited that batman was going to be in the mos sequel. He said that would convert me into a fan. He didn't like mos, granted, but had high hopes for the sequel.

I called him an hour ago and broke the news to him. He was devastated. Devastated! I am full of joy right now. Not sure why wb thought this was a good idea. It was obviously a good idea for legendary to pass on the sequel

Lol

Wag

Well, it's wrong because Affleck's trash as an actor. I don't know where all this dickriding is coming from for what, two good flicks in Argo & The Town, but dude's been hot garbage all his career. I mean, a "layered potrayal"? A "seasoned crimefighter" who bears the scars of his battles?? Guess they shouldn't have gotten this softass chump to play the role then.

Brolin would have killed it. Affleck already has.

OK, Ben has been in some more than a few good roles. As well as the two you mentioned he was good in Changing Lanes, State of Play, Shakespeare in Love, Gone Baby Gone, and quite a few more. I think he can more than handle Batman and am willing to give him a shot.

It's fun to watch the internets blow up at this choice. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom