• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

I can't imagine you needing or taking the time to quote my post to point out that you don't give a fuck... see works both ways :)

What I really can't imagine is Affleck beating the shit out of Cavill, I think I still have the Daredevil/Electra playground dance/fight stuck in my head :(

There is no way this could happen without an uproar of the general non comic hardcore audience, the only way is if Snyder makes very clear in the movie Supes is letting him beat him a little.

My brother told me about this a few seconds ago. I would be mad but I didn't enjoy The Dark Knight anyways (I fell asleep in the theater), and I don't know who Ben Afleck is.

So I'm not sure what to think of this, but my brother was pretty mad so that tells me it's a pretty big deal.

You know what upon reflecting on his performances from The Town and Argo, I have become neutral regarding this. I have no faith in Zack Snyder to make this film a success though...

Yeah. I hope the action sequences are more coherent this time around (Not slamming into buildings constantly).... and the writing is way better in quality.... but that probably isn't going to happen. Oh well.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
ST8yueh.gif

Older Bruce with a beard. He must keep the beard.

Crime fighter with very very expensive toys has a beard. Billionaire with a beard and reason for revenge...yea not easy to guess hehe

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
There is no way this could happen without an uproar of the general non comic hardcore audience, the only way is if Snyder makes very clear in the movie Supes is letting him beat him a little.

Well that and kryyyyyyppppptonite.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
At least it's not Orlando bloom. Broilin would have been perfect. Hammer would have been good. Affleck is just too familiar at this point. It's gonna feel like cosplay.

kaiju

Fucking worst movie news ever. After that terrible Daredevil flick, Affleck should be banned from superhero fare. What happened to offering Bale $50 million? Is he that worried about his career to pass this up? SMH...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's going to be shit anyway since it has superman in it.

Posts like these always seem so special.

edit- yea everyone in the world should be happy it's not Orlando Bloom.

bud

i have no idea why some of you are so upset. the film will at its best turn out to be just as average as man of steel, whether they would've gone with affleck or not. listen to zack snyder during interviews. this motherfucker says "like" and "awesome" at least once in every sentence. he is the very definition of a dudebro. i bet he was impressed by cod's fish a.i.

the last time he made a great film was almost ten years ago.

batman is dead.
superman is dead.

sell your toys and comics, it's all over.

Wag

I don't see what's wrong with this especially if they get him to direct the JL movie out of this.

bud

That is true. After Begins, Bale was a terrible Batman. He got worse with each film.

But Ben Affleck.....

was that really bale's fault, though? nolan's job as a director is to tell bale that he should do something different with his voice which, of course, was grating. besides, didn't they digitally alter his voice in post?

we know that bale's a great actor and i'm sure that with the help of a great director, he would've nailed batman like he did with bruce.

Matrix

Affleck should do Batman with a Boston accent.

"Who are you!?

"I'm the dahk knight!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom