• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

Give me a role pre-1989 where Michael Keaton showed that he could've been Batman. Beetlejuice? Multiplicity? How bout Mr. Mom?
Keaton's casting was based on his presence.

Observe this intense motherfucker. Michael Keaton's got a permanent scowl. It serves as Batman's psychological core while his Bruce Wayne diverts from it with humor and romance.

1000px-batman-01xfri9.jpg

I too think Affleck may be too "soft", but he could just as easily play up the playboy angle. Whether he can portray a genius detective is up to the writing.

I think you meant yes.

If I post shirtless photos of Ben Affleck, will you say yes?

Cause I might.
Bleh. I don't think he's unattractive, (from a subjective standpoint), but his personality makes him a total cold fish to me. He always comes off as a huge douchebag.

At least this makes being on #TeamCavill that much easier. (Was there any doubt?) Supes for life!

FeD.nL

Great choice! I think Affleck has grown as an actor since he started directing. Loved him in the town an Argo. He'll pull off a great Bruce Wayne and probably an even better Batman. Can't wait for the first footage.

Shinta

Banned

Observe this intense motherfucker. Michael Keaton's got a permanent scowl. It serves as Batman's psychological core while his Bruce Wayne diverts from it with humor and romance.

I too think Affleck may be too "soft", but he could just as easily play up the playboy angle. Whether he can portray a genius detective is up to the writing.

Yeah, he does have those crazy ass vampire eyebrows, so I guess that's a bonus. He does look brooding.

And before Bale ever was in Batman, he was in American Psycho and Equilibrium. The second they cast him, I knew he'd be able to do it based on his past work.

equilibrium_21.jpg

Vice

Bleh. I don't think he's unattractive, (from a subjective standpoint), but his personality makes him a total cold fish to me. He always comes off as a huge douchebag.

At least this makes being on #TeamCavill that much easier. (Was there any doubt?) Supes for life!

Batman is a huge douche though.

MisterHero

Bale was almost Robin in Batman Forever, so that was probably sitting in producers' minds for a while.

Just found out that Kiefer Sutherland was almost the same in Batman 89. :p

The more I think about it, the more I like this decision.

I think having Affleck on board, means for sure we're gonna have someone polish Goyers work. Which is great.

If you think about it, Affleck actually brings a lot to the team, and fills in some important chunks.

There's definitely a lot more pressure now to deliver the best shit ever. These dudes definitely know what they're doing though. You're looking at a very competent team, gearing up to make a Worlds Finest movie.

Ugh, first reaction is NOOOOOOO, but then i am ready to be surprised and will give him a chance!

Somehow i believe he still looks too "young" for the part if that makes any sense, i'd prefer a grittier, more settled Batman like Keaton...

Oh well we shall see.

Timbuktu

Affleck is probably doing this to line up another big WB movie down the line as a director, keep himself in the public mind... Or make some connections with the likes of Nolan so that he can direct a big summer tentpole movie when he wants to.

He has acted in so many crap where he must have known that he could have done it better.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
This is some rough news. Jensen must be taking it pretty hard.

iNBKt.gif

1000px-batman-01xfri9.jpg

While I don't think Keaton looks at all like Batman should look and think those early movies are way too silly/unrealistic/dated, I agree with that.

I've been thinking about this all day, and I've came up with my thoughts about this.

Bring it!

Does Batman always have to be dark? Does he always have to be massive? Does he always need to be Christian Bale? Does he always have to be perfect?

I don't think so. I want to see where this is going. It is going to be a very fun movie! You know why? Cause he's the goddamn batman!

Now excuse me while I watch the green lantern mo*-oh shit!! What the fuck is this shit?!

Ugh, first reaction is NOOOOOOO, but then i am ready to be surprised and will give him a chance!

Somehow i believe he still looks too "young" for the part if that makes any sense, i'd prefer a grittier, more settled Batman like Keaton...

Oh well we shall see.

He does look too young. what happened to looking for a mote grizzled Bats? Someone like Josh Brolin or Jimmy Cavaziel or hell, Daniel Day Lewis.

strobogo

Banned
I really had my heart set on Mel Gibson after seeing pictures of him jacked for Expendables. If they're really doing more of the Goddamn Batman, I don't think anyone is better at the insanity and unhingedness that Gibson has in him innately.

I really had my heart set on Mel Gibson after seeing pictures of him jacked for Expendables. If they're really doing more of the Goddamn Batman, I don't think anyone is better at the insanity and unhingedness that Gibson has in him innately.

I just checked to see what you were talking about and...

Holy shit Mel! I didn't expect him to look like that. Isn't he like 60?

What the hell is going on?

I went to sleep in a world where Ben Affleck wasn't Batman only to wake up in a twilight zone inspired hell where the opposite is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom