• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Another good thing to come from this is that with Affleck on board, I seriously doubt Goyer will be left alone with the script.

Toa TAK

Banned
He most likely will. Seeing Batman operate outside of Gotham will be interesting to see as well.

I don't know about other posters, but I'm just having some fun. :p

At this point, I'm just rolling with it. All hopes of melding TDK Nolan films with MOS is gone, so I'm just going to take it as it is. He just better do a good job and the story better be good.

Please. We just Know he's gonna be lame. Don't ask us how we Know, we just do.

Interesting you say that:

Not possible because...reasons...

Dead

well not really...yet
Ackles is being saved to be Hawkguy eventually.

Affleck coming on to cowrite with Goyer would be a good thing.
Yeah, Affleck could potentially help with that aspect.

Or he could call Kevin Smith. Whether that is a good thing or not is up to you LOL

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
But Affleck can direct...

Honest answers. Who would you guys have wanted to play Batman?

josh_brolin_as_batman_by_poumap-d60nl1w.jpg

royalan

He was a shitty Daredevil, why the HELL would anybody want him to be Batman???

Worst thing is you KNOW he's going to try and make Batman "funny" and "relatable" and just come out looking like a cornier Ryan Reynolds.

Ugh, I think I just vomited in my mouth a bit.

demolitio

I think it's guaranteed to win awards with Affleck playing any part in it though. :D

I'm not sure how I feel about it because I've loved Affleck in SOME roles and he seems like a genuinely good guy, but I just don't see him as Batman or even the older Batman they're going for in this movie. Maybe Daredevil really just ruined it for us since that's the role people will compare it to when it was a weak movie overall.

I'm willing to give it a fair shake hoping they've done enough with him to prove that he could pull the role off and it wasn't just blindly given to him. A lot of people didn't like Bale and he did a good job (besides stupid Batman voice) because he nailed Bruce Wayne. Others didn't think Keaton fit the role at all yet people were pleasantly surprised with him as well. My point is, this always seems to be an issue when it's first announced and sometimes it's not as bad as it's made out to be. Am I a little more skeptical this time than most cast announcements? Sure, but I think he can pull it off as long as he puts in the work and the crew doesn't settle for a mediocre performance.

I'm more concerned about the movie overall than this though. They have some big shoes to fill and it's going to be hard balancing the story out to be believable in a movie.

Toa TAK

Banned

BadAss2961

He most likely will. Seeing Batman operate outside of Gotham will be interesting to see as well.

I don't know about other posters, but I'm just having some fun. :p
Seeing Bale's Batman operate outside of Gotham would've been godlike... The novelty of seeing Batman in Superman's world is greatly diminished without an established actor reprising the role.

Ahasverus

I guess something happened in the american showbiz with Ben Affleck? it's something personal against him? Because internationally he's not hated at all. He's quite respected and liked, actually.

Dead

well not really...yet
I guess something happened in the american showbiz with Ben Affleck? it's something personal against him? Because internationally he's not hated at all. He's quite respected and liked, actually.
I guess people still aren't over the whole Bennifer thing

royalan

Bill Cosby is respected and liked.

He'd also be a shitty Batman.

He was a shitty Daredevil, why the HELL would anybody want him to be Batman???

Worst thing is you KNOW he's going to try and make Batman "funny" and "relatable" and just come out looking like a cornier Ryan Reynolds.

Ugh, I think I just vomited in my mouth a bit.

No, we don't "Know" this.

Worst of all, there's been nothing to suggest that this Batman will be anything other than "grizzled veteran".

BadAss2961

He's building up an impressive career as a director and has completely overhauled his image.

But fanboys don't forget... His range as an actor is still questionable, and his past consists of some terrible movies and being an overexposed celebrity for awhile. Way before Kimye, there was Bennifer.

Bishop89

so much butthurt in this thread lol.

Cant wait for jlo to be cast as catwoman.

Seriously, affleck is pretty much wayne minus a few billion.
And Bales BATMAN wasnt anything special, the villains were the highlights of the nolan trilogy, not bats.

MisterHero

Seeing Bale's Batman operate outside of Gotham would've been godlike... The novelty of seeing Batman in Superman's world is greatly diminished without an established actor reprising the role.
Absolutely; I've said as much in previous threads.

What we're getting in Man of Steel and its sequels are probably the least offensive options out of years/DECADES of terrible pitches. Batman VS. Superman was being planned against Singer Superman and Nolan Batman. Justice League would have the same characters with its own set of actors.

PhoncipleBone said:
How did Johnny Storm travel back in time to become Steve Rogers and then take the Super Soldier Serum to become Captain America?
Chris Evans's Captain America was also Golden Age Human Torch. Think about it!

JDSN

Banned
Good choice, the series needs its A-lister to hold it together, Cavil is a bore and it will give them more freedom to avoid stun casting with the other JL members. Plus he has enough pull to tell a dumb director like Snider to go fuck himself if the scene is particularly offensive.

Let's hope that 20 minutes into the movie, we will find out, that Ben Affleck isn't Batman but some kind of doppelganger/shitty clone brother/stupid plot twist tool and Christian Bale comes in and says in his raunchy voice: I'M BATMAN!

Would watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom